Aberrant RPG - Later generations

Dean Earl

I've seen mention in a few places of an e-book, or source material for creation guidelines for 2nd generation and later Novae. I can't seem to find it. I'm putting together some NPC's for a Trinity game and would like some fast easy fixes for my later gen Nova. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Here is the link to A Breed Apart.

A NEW RACE…

When novas came on the public scene in 1998, they were nothing short of amazing. Even so, they were but a taste of things to come. Despite the best efforts of Project Proteus – and with secretive help by the Teragen – the new marvels would bring forth a second generation…and those children would prove to be a purer breed.

…FOR A NEW AGE

Aberrant: A Breed Apart explores the future of novakind, a future that is nearer than some may think. The ever-thorny issue of mixed heritage is addressed. The sterilization “mickey” is examined, as are ways in which it may be bypassed. Groups and individuals that are driven to find – and either aid or stop – nova parents are detailed. And new rules are presented for the so-called “2ndGen” novas – who can follow very different paths, depending upon how their parents addressed the matter of Taint.

• 3 weeks later...

Heh, just noticed this thread. About the 2nd and 3rd gens and the meta-plot. According to the meta-plot thanks to the sterilization conspiracy very few nova's ever managed to have kids at least on earth. Presumably there would be plenty of kids out there on some planet where the novas went at the end of the Aberrant War, but on earth, Proteus was extremely successful in slipping everyone a micky, or so canon says at least.

I have issues with that, but then the meta-plot's has lots of holes that we've noticed and griped about over the last 10 years.

One problem with that is that the vaast majority of the Novas who leave Earth have already been sterilised by the mickey. Having said that there was a way around it with at least one or two of the Q6+ powers.

Actually, A Breed Appart covers those issues, and does so fairly well IMO. There several ways that the sterility issue can be dealt with, or fixed.

First off, with the Health and Adaptability stamina enhancements, you might be able to ignore the affects that sterilize the novas.

Second, the Body Awareness perception enhancement would instantly allow a nova to tell if they were being affected by the sterility affect, and possibily elminate it.

Third, the fertility stamina enhancement can allow one to overcome the effects completely.

Fourth, the Quantum Conception power in A Breed Apart is another way of overcomeing the whole effect, even if your sterile, the Biomanipulation power is another answer, and with Ecological Supremacy (Quantum 8), you could simply eliminate the conception problem from nova's as a whole, with the right technique(s) (I'd already figured this one out).

Oh, and as to the nova's becoming more tainted in the future.. look at the trogs, they fit perfectly into that nitch.

Originally Posted By: Dave ST
Another way to accept that Aberrant has the worst canon pretty much in the history of ever... and it's best to just ignore it like it didn't happen.

Its a shame because I think conceptually it is pretty cool but they had a hard time making it work from start to finish. Adventure!, Aberrant and Trinity are all the same world but the ties between them seem pretty poor at best. The power differences in the games are just too great.

I mean its WW so the game is of course about the struggle between your inner failings and what you are. But throw in the fact that not only are you destined to become a monster, but even if you do survive long enough that you're destined to be most likely wiped out in a nuclear holocaust...its a little much.

• 2 months later...

I have to agree with you on the metaplot, although the factor of how much it can be altered without basic human nature (baseline, nova, what-have-you) screwing it up is pretty interesting too.

BTW, thanks for the kind words on A Breed Apart. They are much appreciated. cool

Archived