Open World OWoD game

Dawn OOC

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather used the core books (the modern ones) and just allow merits/flaws and skills as appropriate for whatever time period we go with. The DA books can get very strange in comparison to the Core books, and more people will have access to the Cores than the DA books.

bleach...Dark Ages....Supernatural D&D....

Victorian Era could be really fun. Vampire and Werewolf by Gaslight! Can even work in some good old fashioned Cthulian horror! I'd still prefer the modern era however.

Oh and about mummies (I'm working off the 2nd edition soft cover here) they have been around for a long, long time....I was think of creating a Cabiri. A non-Egyptian who got ahold of the Ritual of Life and managed to have it used on himself.

Quote:
We can avoid those kind of "ties" if the mods work well together. If we get like 3 to 5 Mods that check back on each other and make sure that there's no such bullshit we should be on the safe side.

I agree.

There is no hard and fast rules set for this, it's still in the 'ideas' stages. All I'm doing ladies and gentleman is just offering up suggestions to get everyone gears turning. Fore warned is forearmed and whatnot.

My suggestions certainly are not etched in stone, they will certainly be for the STs to be the final arbiters of.

Since it got brought up in chat yesterday I'd vote to use the 3rd Edition rules (modern) regardless of time period. The 3rd edition rules are less fuzzy imho compared to the Dark Ages stuff. We can still use merits/flaws/devotions from the DA-Books as well as some of the disciplines that are only available during that period of time.

Originally Posted By: Joani
Since it got brought up in chat yesterday I'd vote to use the 3rd Edition rules (modern) regardless of time period. The 3rd edition rules are less fuzzy imho compared to the Dark Ages stuff. We can still use merits/flaws/devotions from the DA-Books as well as some of the disciplines that are only available during that period of time.

That makes a lot of sense.

Here's a thought on the time. We'll start in the earliest time period we want - which seems to be Dark Ages - and spend about a year there IRL, then hop forward. Here's the way I see it working.

We play in the Dark Ages for a year. Plot happens and progresses throughout that time, maybe a game year, maybe we jump ahead when we want, but eventually, the ST staff moves things to the next era. Dark Ages is archived and we move on to the next era. Meanwhile, Dark Age fictions can still happen, but no more plot is run in that time. Meanwhile, we go on to the next era, having plot there.

This does several things. It gives a rich span of history, and we'll let PCs live as long as they want through whatever mechanic we need to use (unless killed in-plot, of course). It lets us cover several eras, but we can leave them open to more stories when we leave. What happens in the past doesn't affect future stories, because there's no plot run there anymore, only fictions, which have no element of risk.

How does that sound to all?

That actually sounds interesting. I would suggest that a plot-device be used for -all- mortal characters that want to exist through the eras be made available, if that's what the group wants to do.

I personally would be up for lineage games with the non-immortals (or even the immortals, since they can still get killed). This means that you can play your or another player's childe/descendent/heir (with the other player's permission, of course).

In general, though, two thumbs up!

These are the levels I have so far... because Reven pointed out that we might want to reconsider giving out free bie points, I thought maybe xp instead.

So it'd be:

Level 1 - 30 xp

Level 2 - 15 xp

Level 3 - 0 xp

All of these are open to adjustment, based on the input of more experience players than myself.

Any thing from a core venue book (Vampire the Masq, WW the Apocolypse, etc) is level 1. So if a book isn't listed, assume that only the Core classes are allowed, and are at level 1 at this point.

Vampires

* Antitribu - 2

* Assamite - 2

* Followers of Set - 2

* Giovanni - 2

* Lasombra - 2

* Ravnos - 3

* Salubri - 2

* Samedi - 3

* Tzimisce - 3

Werewolf Tribes

* Star Gazers - 2

* Hakken - 2

* Black Spiral Dancers (formerly "White Howlers") - 3

* Skin Dancers - 3

* Bunyip - 3

* Croatan - 3

* White Howlers - 3

Fera

* Ajaba - 2

* Ananasi - 2

* Apis - 3

* Bastet - 2

* Camazotz - 3

* Corax - 2

* Grondr - 3

* Gurahl - 2/3 (depending on form)

* Kitsune - 2

* Mokolé - 3

* Nagah - 3

* Nuwisha - 2

* Ratkin - 2

* Rokea - 3

Hengeyokai

* Hakken (Garou Tribe - Shadow Lords) - 2

* Khan (Bastet Tribe) - 3

* Stargazers (Garou Tribe) - 3

* Kitsune (Were-fox) - 2

* Nezumi (Ratkin) - 3

* Tengu (Corax) - 3

* Nagah - 3

* Zhong Lung (Mokolé) - 3

* Same-Bito (Rokea) - 3

Kuei-jin - 3

Changeling the Dreaming (I don't even know with one of these are book standard. frown )

The Kith

* Boggans - 1

* Clurichauns - 1

* Eshu - 1

* Ghille dhu - 1

* Merfolk - 1

* Nockers - 1

* Oba - 1

* Piskey - 1

* Pooka - 1

* Redcaps - 1

* Satyrs - 1

* Selkies - 1

* Sluagh - 1

* Trolls - 1

Not allowed: Mummy, Demon

Regardless of XP attained at the start of the game I have a few requests for newly made characters...

1. No more than 1 or 2 Attributes at 5.

2. No Attributes at 6 (7th Gen Vamps and high rank Were's should earn that 6th+ Dot. Changelings are exempt, 6s come as part of their very enchanted nature for most of them.)

3. Disciplines for Vampires should be limited to no higher than 3. The whole turning into Mist or Possession just fifteen minutes after Embrace is, and always will be dumb. The same should apply for Spheres, Arts & Realms, etc...

Mind you these are the rules I generally impose on players in my Chronicles. I'm not big on power gamers and I generally don't permit players to just buy 5s in Disciplines right out of the gate and ask that they not min-max their Atts either.

Just a few thoughts.

Here's an old step by step creation guide I used for my Chronicles. Note this is for Vampires (I can't find my Mage and Werewolf one... meh) but it can be easily adapted for any of the supers. Keep in mind it's largely unaltered and may still contain references to my old Chronicle, just take what you like, leave the rest.

I thought it might save some STs some time. These are taken directly from my Dark Ages hand out I submitted to the players for them to create characters, feel free to use it. It was used for the Chronicle of the Redeemers, an ancient coterie of vampires who sought a cure from vampirisim in a quest that spanned 11 centuries. Had pirates and ninjas too...

Here were the clan listings...

Bold clans represent the best choices for clans playable in the chronicle.

• Brujah: Warriors and scholars, the Prometheans (or True Brujah) are among the noblest of the vampire clans. But can they control the beast within long enough to keep them on the road to salvation?
  • Cappadocian: A short while (by Kindred reckoning) before the Renaissance, Cappadocious, the Antediluvian of the Cappadocian Clan, embraces Augustus Giovanni. After that the Giovanni commit amaranth on Cappadocious and steal away his power. Destroying the Cappadocians as a Clan and birthing the Giovanni as the new masters of death. The Giovanni hunt and destroy all remaining members of the clan. Therefore none survive to see the modern day portion of the chronicle. (No, players may not be Harbingers of Skulls)
  • Lasombra: The rich, decadent manipulators. Will the darkness the Lasombra control devour their soul, or can they seek ascension to something less demonic and more divine?
  • Toreador: Consummate social predators. They take so much from mortal society, is it within their power to give something back, or will their narcissism consume them and all around them whole?
  • Tzimisce: They are one of the main antagonists to this story line the fiends are beyond redemption.
  • Ventrue: Arrogant, brash and ambitious seekers of power. Is there more to the world than power? Can a Ventrue truly become wise and powerful with out destroying and betraying all those around him?
  • Assamite: The chronicle takes place to far from Saracen lands. As such Assamites are not playable in this story line.
  • Followers of Set: Much like the Tzimisce, the Followers of Set are beyond any worthwhile redemption.
  • Gangrel: What is like to be a Beast? Can the Beast and Humanity coexist? Can a Gangrel find something in this world that holds sway over him other than his instincts?
  • Malkavian: This is tricky… can something that masturbates in its own feces while reading Guns N’ Ammo thinking to itself “My God it’s totally incredible how amazingly fucked up I am!” really be redeemed? Derangements are to be carefully thought out, and Story Teller approved. An excellent background should be provided too.
  • Nosferatu: Since a majority of the chronicle involves the players hobnobbing with every fop, bootlick, and toady in vampire society acceptable social attributes are necessary. As such, Nosferatu are not permitted in the chronicle.
  • Ravnos: Wanders and corrupters. Could a Ravnos truly find something worth fighting for? Is there anything in this world that could make a Ravnos think of something other than themselves?
  • Tremere: Secretive and militaristic, the Tremere act as a major antagonist through out the story line. With the Story Tellers permission perhaps a rogue Tremere would be permissible.
  • Step One: Character Concept

Choose concept, clan, road, Nature, and Demeanor.

• Step Two: Select Attributes

Choose primary, secondary and tertiary categories of attributes. Start with one dot in each attribute (already marked on the sheet). Divide 7 dots among primary attribute, 5 dots among secondary attributes, and 3 dots among tertiary attributes.

• Step Three: Select Abilities

Choose primary, secondary and tertiary categories of abilities. Unlike attributes you do not get an automatic dot in each ability. Divide 13 dots among primary abilities, 9 dots among secondary abilities, and 5 dots among tertiary abilities.

Talents are innate aptitudes (the stuff you were born with). (No penalty)

Skills are not innate. You had to train and practice to learn these skills. (+1 Difficulty)

Knowledges are academic and intellectual lore you have learned. (Automatic Failure)

No ability can have more than 3 (three) dots at this stage.

• Step Four: Select Advatages

Divide 4 dots among clan disciplines, 5 dots among backgrounds, 7 dots among virtues (you also get one free dot in each virtue, like attributes)

• Step Five: Finishing Touches

Road rating is equal to your road virtues. Willpower is equal to your courage.

Spend 15 bonus points.

• Step Six: Suck up to the Story Teller

Go to the fridge; get your ST a cherry coke, and a bag of Doritos (the cheesy kind, not that cool ranch crap). Tell him he rules, and you wish you could be him some day when you grow up. Make it believable, since it could mean extra experience later on in the chronicle. Remember… he decides when the sun comes up.

Bonus Point Costs

• Attributes: 5 per dot
  • Abilities: 2 per dot
  • Ability Specialties: 1 per dot (max of 3 per ability)
  • Disciplines: 7 per dot
  • Backgrounds: 1 per dot
  • Virtues: 2 per dot
  • Road Ratings: 1 per dot
  • Willpower: 1 per dot

Other things I included in my games... again these are suggestions and I really wish I had my Werewolf and Mage notes to add. frown

The learning of disciplines will be restricted to finding a teacher, or at the Story Teller’s discretion. Players may teach disciplines to other players per normal rules, since the first dot in a discipline is usually gained through a flash of insight or an epiphany of some sort.

Each payer has 4 dots at character creation for their clan disciplines; these dots must be spent on clan disciplines in any order they choose. No discipline can be higher than 3 dots. This will prevent Brujah from starting the game with 2 dots in Celerity, Fortitude, and Potence, becoming a killing machine right from the start and staying that way. It also keeps a Lasombra from being newly embraced with 6 dots in Obtenebration and Walking the Abyss only moments after her damnation.

The Archtypes...

Having trouble deciding on a character? Below are example archetypes that you can use to help you determine what type of Dark Ages vampire you want to create. They are merely suggestions and should help you get one foot in the grave so to speak.

Be responsible however; try not to play a character that will ruin every one else’s fun. Talk with the other players; find out what they are playing, get ideas from them… go nuts! The idea is to compliment one anothers skills in a fashion that forms something called a “team”, give it a shot. Go to www.dictionary.com if you need to look up “team”.

Crusader

In life, you answered the call to take up the cross and follow your leader into battle against the heathen, whether in Iberia, the Holy Land or on the Baltic Coast. You did what would have been terrible things if they weren’t in the best of causes. Eventually your courage and dedication attracted the attention of one of the brood of Caine, who offered you the opportunity to continue the calling with superior resources. Sometimes you worry about the cost to your soul, but it’s been worth it so far.

Recommended Clans: Brujah, Lasombra, Toreador, Ventrue

Attribute Prioritization: Physical, Mental, Social

Ability Prioritization: Talents, Skills, Knowledges

Recommended Backgrounds: Allies, Contacts, Influence

Fugitive Criminal

Life was never anything but a burden to you. Having to live by the sweat of your brow was part of the curse laid on Adam, so the preachers said. Adam must have sinned mightily indeed, if your experience is any indication. In the end, you couldn’t live by their codes. You committed some crime – a theft, a rape, or perhaps murder – then you fled. It was in the midst of flight that you encountered one of the souls more thoroughly cursed than you. He made you into one of the Damned. When he tried to use you as a tool, you broke his laws, too. Now you exist under a freshly constructed cover identity, hoping that your neither living nor unliving past catch up with you.

Recommended Clans: Brujah, Gangrel, Ravnos

Attribute Prioritization: Physical, Social, Mental

Ability Prioritization: Talents, Skills, Knowledges

Recommended Backgrounds: Allies, Contacts, Domain

Heretic

All institutions fail, and those that profess their holiness fail most of all. The conventional wisdom of the great powers is wrong, and fatally so. It has lapsed from true doctrine into grievous error. Your assigned role is the recovery of lost truth. The powers that be call you a heretic, and you’re content to let them do so, since you serve God’s truth rather than their convenience. Your living fervor kindled something in the heart of one of Caine’s brood, bringing your sire back from the brink of suicidal despair and into fresh zeal for continued existence. In return your sire gave you the Embrace. You use your new powers to preach the truth and smite the slaves of error that much more efficiently. Let them call their crusades and issue their decrees; you continue preaching on the dust that was once their bones.

Recommended Clans: Brujah, Gangrel, Malkavian, Ravnos, Toreador

Attribute Prioritization: Social, Mental, Physical

Ability Prioritization: Knowledges, Talents, Skills,

Recommended Backgrounds: Allies, Herd, Retainers

Magus

You were always interested in puzzles, but human senses and human reasoning can take you only so far. You were still young, or so it seems now, when you were apprenticed to a mysterious stranger who told your parents that he put your curiosity to a better use they could in their little village. For more than a typical mortal lifetime, you did the routine labor that his real work required, gathering the specimens and disposing of the remains while he unraveled the world’s mysteries with magic. Finally he decided that you were worthy, and he Embraced you to begin your real discipleship. Now you work as your own master, though you may assist him in specific projects from time to time, and soon it will be time for you to take an apprentice of your own.

Recommended Clans: Ravnos, Tremere

Attribute Prioritization: Mental, Physical, Social

Ability Prioritization: Knowledges, Skills, Talents

Recommended Backgrounds: Domain, Mentor, Resources, Status

Penitent

Power corrupts and so does life itself. You once employed wealth and position, making others do your bidding and profiting by their labor. Things changes when the strange traveler crossed your path. Her words seemed conventional enough at first: judgment impending, repent, the same old story. But she showed you things, forced you to confront the consequences of your actions, to experience the feelings and ideas in others created by your commands. When you broke down under the weight of guilt and hunger for repentance, she took you out of life altogether. Now you roam as she did, making amends for your own misdeeds and forcing a similar awareness into the hearts of others.

Recommended Clans: Lasombra, Malkavian, Ventrue

Ability Prioritization: Knowledeges, Skills, Talents

Recommended Backgrounds: Allies, Contacts, Herd

Worldly Monk or Nun

Monastic life was a good scam, as far you were concerned. Make a few appropriate professions of piety, and the gullible masses would give you donations, feed you, and let you take charge of their estates in their wills. That was wonderful. Rather suddenly you learned that by no means the most efficient manipulator around, when the shadows came to life around you and revealed someone vastly older and cleverer than you. You appealed to your sire as a reminder of lost youthful days. Now you study how to apply your new powers to the same basic task, which is (as ever) survival. So far you’re winning, very comfortably.

Recommended Clans: Lasombra, Malkavian, Ravnos, Toreador

Ability Prioritization: Skills, Knowledges, Talents

Recommended Backgrounds: Contacts, Domain, Herd, Influence, Mentor, Resources

Virtuous Monk or Nun

As a child, you heard God calling you to holy service – perhaps even literally, with words and visions others couldn’t experience. You gave up whatever secular glory you might otherwise have had for the sacred toil of monastic life. You’re not a fool, and you learned early on that others had taken orders for less deserving reasons, but that’s between them and the Judge of all flesh. Keeping yourself on the road to purity was work enough, and you emphasized compassion in dealing with others’ weaknesses. Then came the tempter who offered you a terrible choice: the opportunity to continue ministering to others until the end of days (and nights), at the cost of your own soul. You still lie awake sometimes, feeling the curse within you and wondering if you chose well or if this not just another species of that oldest of sins, pride. Only fresh diligence in the gardens of the world’s need can bring you peace again.

Recommended Clans: Brujah, Lasombra, Malkavian, Toreador, Ventrue

Attribute Prioritization: Mental, Social, Physical

Ability Prioritization: Skills, Knowledges, Talents

Recommended Backgrounds: Allies, Contacts, Domain, Herd, Influence

Setting: Dark Ages to start and we'll work our way to the modern era over time.

Vampires Yes.

Werewolves: Yes.

Mages: Yes, but don't be a tool or I'll split you from your nose to your nuts.

Wraiths: I guess, but interaction will be severely limited.

Mummies: No.

Demons: No.

What's with the 'Level 1, 2, 3' System? No idea.

Open World Yes, with Storyteller interaction and player-run plot lines.

Who is gonna mod it? I'll be policing the Mages, other than that I don't know. If no one steps up to the plate I will. I don't have the time to ST another game, so running plot is probably not in my future, but I can watch and make sure everything and everyone are playing nice.

I miss anything?

Originally Posted By: Dave ST

Who is gonna mod it? I'll be policing the Mages, other than that I don't know. If no one steps up to the plate I will. I don't have the time to ST another game, so running plot is probably not in my future, but I can watch and make sure everything and everyone are playing nice.

I would volunteer to mod. My strengths are Vampire (both Camarilla and Sabbath) and Werewolf. I do have all the books of the 3rd edition so in cases of some ruleslawyering I could provide some judgement.

Beyond that I'd like to propose that we find mods for each branch of 'game' (i. e., one for Vamps, one for WWs, one for Mages, etc.). That way we can create a board of directors who can check on each other to keep things within the desired frame and what we all agreed on.

This was attempted in the old Starwars game and I got shafted with the whole thing after the other mods disappeared.

I'm not against the idea, I just think a contingency needs to be in place to prevent "Can I do XX?" "I don't know, your mod isn't around and I run the XXs so it's not my call."

We should have an OverMod and two other Submods (Character/Storylines). If the OverMod disappears, one of the other two mods steps up to OverMod and appoints a new Submod to fill in the missing slot.

If a SubMod goes missing for more than a week, the OverMod takes up their duties until they can appoint a new SubMod.

If player has a problem with a SubMod, take it up with the OverMod.

Dave handles the Mages.

That is my suggestion.

What's with the 'Level 1, 2, 3' System? No idea.

At this point, I think this will be ditched. For starters, the common clans for Dark Ages for just Vampire are different than they are in the modern nights, so it'd be hard to balance them as we march through time. The mods are going to have to be smart about what they allow players to play, which is really what needed to happen anyway.

On a completely different note, we should also address experience. I like Jim’s method in Scion where fictions net you 1-2 xp while plotsy stuff gets you more. In addition, it was suggested to have a bit of experience handed out during the era shifts to represent that minor character progression was occurring during that time. I was thinking something around 20 xp.

I'd like to see something developed to allow people who play mortal characters to let those characters die during era shifts to retain all or most of their experience for the next character. Imagine you play a werewolf who makes a name and has some deeds in the Dark Ages. During the era shift, you make their descendant, and suddenly rather than making something up, you have actually ancestral deeds to boast about. Carry that forward into the modern era, and you have a werewolf who can really account for the stuff that their lineage has accomplished.

I think that letting them have all their experience as well as half of the experience gained during the era shift. That does put them a little behind the curve without falling away completely.

This was attempted in the old Starwars game and I got shafted with the whole thing after the other mods disappeared.

I'm not against the idea, I just think a contingency needs to be in place to prevent "Can I do XX?" "I don't know, your mod isn't around and I run the XXs so it's not my call."

I'm a strong believer that any Mod has the "power" to decide anything requested by any player.

What I'm thinking of is more like a team of Storytellers that coordinate the branches on a metagame level. Establish a general idea and direction the game should go, establish power bases, NPC, etc.

The oWoD is huge and running a 'cross-over' style game needs a lot of coordination because you can't simply assume that the Vampires control this and that part of an industry/political party/whatever and then have some other supernatural claim the same. We need clear lines and avoid OOC-conflicts (IC-conflicts are welcomed, though).

I hope this explains better what my intention is. Mods should be able to judge any part of the game - preferably the Mod of the branch should be asked first, but if he/she is missing then things shouldn't stall because of that.

The mods should have enough trust as a team to back up any decision made by anyone in case of absence.

Originally Posted By: Dawn, OOC
On a completely different note, we should also address experience. I like Jim’s method in Scion where fictions net you 1-2 xp while plotsy stuff gets you more.

This is good in theory but it already doesn't fly with me mostly because some players do not have the time others do. For example: Adrian got 12XP in three weeks. I got 3 and most other players got around 2-6. I'm not at home all the time where I can whip up fictions and. No offense to Adrian, honestly, I'm just using him as an example and nothing more, but at the current rate I'll have about 20XP when he's already sporting 80 or so. That leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I prefer to see players who are active gain XP at around the same rate give or take a few points here and there. We all have lives and if some of us fall behind we shouldn't come back and basically have to quit because everyone is now just too far ahead with no hope of catching up.

Quote:
In addition, it was suggested to have a bit of experience handed out during the era shifts to represent that minor character progression was occurring during that time. I was thinking something around 20 xp.

Cross this bridge when we come to it, we're still in the Dark Ages. Let's work on one thing at a time. We haven't even gotten this ship out of the dock; we shouldn't be worried about our first stop yet.

Quote:
I'd like to see something developed to allow people who play mortal characters to let those characters die during era shifts to retain all or most of their experience for the next character. Imagine you play a werewolf who makes a name and has some deeds in the Dark Ages. During the era shift, you make their descendant, and suddenly rather than making something up, you have actually ancestral deeds to boast about. Carry that forward into the modern era, and you have a werewolf who can really account for the stuff that their lineage has accomplished.

Excellent idea, I like it. It's the very heart of Werewolf. I'd be all for it. Again, we'll cross the bridge when it's time.

Quote:
I think that letting them have all their experience as well as half of the experience gained during the era shift. That does put them a little behind the curve without falling away completely.

Bridge, cross... wink

Honestly, I'd prefer to hammer this out, just so that we know what we're getting into from the start. As for experience, I'm willing to do a base amount per month. It's a lot easier on the Mod staff. laugh

Alright, fair enough.

We'll use the maturation point method that is reserved for elder Vampires and Werewolves.

It's like Experience but is spends like bonus points with varying costs based on what you're raising. It's in the Dark Ages Vamp book starting on Page 166.

The other alternative is to Torpor all Vampires (thus cutting off any opportunity earn XP over the centuries) and then do something like Scion perhaps... and awarding them free 'dots' to assign where they like to show the improvement of their PC over time.

Those who have died and are playing descendants well be permitted to make the same PC that died and then add the new bonus dots.

So if you played a Werewolf that had a total Attribute Dot count of 11/11/8 (Primary, Secondary, Tertiary) then you could make your your descendant with 11/11/8 but reallocated if you choose (so perhaps the new PC is more Dexterous than Strong, you could switch out the strength score with the dex score...)

Same with Abilities.

Your new Rank would be your old Rank, etc. If you have three Level 1 Gifts, pick three level one gifts or keep the same ones you had before...

This way the Mages or Were's don't get weaker they just end up different people who are at the point in power in their lives where their descendants left off (as time went on people lived longer, or the bloodline is just blessed to do great things).

Or we just do 20XP.

In my TT games I did the switch method, new PC with the Old PCs stuff re-arranged however the PC liked it. They liked that idea. Especially when one of our female players didn't like playing a guy any more so when it came time she made the descendant a female and was so much more happier and didn't loose anything in the process.

And also keep in mind the transition from one Era to another will not be accomplished over night. PCs will need to re-arrange things from the Dark Ages as some skills become useless and other skills are introduced.

Same here. I think that Maturation stuff is also called blue booking. I did that in one of my DA-Vampire TT games and it worked pretty well. (We played the Transylvanian Chronicles thing that spans from DA into modern)

Quote:
The other alternative is to Torpor all Vampires (thus cutting off any opportunity earn XP over the centuries) and then do something like Scion perhaps... and awarding them free 'dots' to assign where they like to show the improvement of their PC over time.

Those who have died and are playing descendants well be permitted to make the same PC that died and then add the new bonus dots.

So if you played a Werewolf that had a total Attribute Dot count of 11/11/8 (Primary, Secondary, Tertiary) then you could make your your descendant with 11/11/8 but reallocated if you choose (so perhaps the new PC is more Dexterous than Strong, you could switch out the strength score with the dex score...)

Same with Abilities.

Your new Rank would be your old Rank, etc. If you have three Level 1 Gifts, pick three level one gifts or keep the same ones you had before...

This way the Mages or Were's don't get weaker they just end up different people who are at the point in power in their lives where their descendants left off (as time went on people lived longer, or the bloodline is just blessed to do great things).

I like this one the best of all suggested, but all were acceptable. smile

Thanks.

My telepathy is a lil weak so you guys are going to have to give me a lil more than 'I like it.' when presented with multiple choices. wink

If I don't pick out any examples my "I like it" generally means the whole thing.

And what Dawn said wink

I agree with Dave on the XP issue - even if you have the time you could do 3-5 fics and only get 3-5xp for them while someone is "lucky" enough too get a Plot line and one IC could be getting 5-9xp for the same or less time invested. I'm all for same gain for putting effort in, but would rather that there was at least a base value for being involved/active so that those with less time don't get left too far behind.

The Maturation thing that Dave described for between eras looks good to me.

I like the Dave method that Dawn pointed out. It tends to make things fair and allows some variation (except for the Vamps - who are stagnant anyway).

Personally, I like a bit of both as far as experience is concerned. A flat rate for participating with a few (3-5xp) for fictions, plot expansion, ect. There is a cap obviously per month.

I have no problem with Dawn writing a hundred fictions in a month and getting a few more xp than me.

Archived