Sign in to follow this  
Anateus

Aberrant RPG - Anyone got a character calculator?

Used to be an Excel program you could use to figure out a character quick. Anyone know where one like that is?

Originally Posted By: Corbin Black
If you can't count RPGs might not be for you.

Perhaps Dora the Explorer D20?

Or maybe I'd like a program to double-check for me so I don't waste the Moderator's time, and can get right to writing stuff without holding up the works. I'm sure that the Mods would rather not waste their time playing point-counter.

But I think you knew that, and were just debuting your comedy stylings on a forum dedicated to pretending to be men and women with nuclear-powered tumors in their heads. Ladies and gentlemen let's give a big round of applause for Slappy McNutsack, one of the many astounding idiots raised by the Global Village. And now if I could have, from the audience, an answer that isn't a complete waste of my time...

I was kidding, and personally I don't mind counting a character sheet because despite you using your fingers and toes or a excel program I would have tallied the sheet anyway.

The Excel sheet I have is pretty accurate, Google it.

Vitriol aside, I think you'll find that most Moderators do, in fact, double-check the math, irrespective of how you tallied your points. Many of them also ask for a point breakdown with your character submission, which I find is much more easily calculated without a generator or automated character builder.

Here's a link to one posted by Chosen:

http://www.rpg-post.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/116137/Aberrant_Excel_Character_Gener.html#Post116137

Just watch out with the enhancements on the nova points page. It's a little screwy (doesn't add up the correct number of enhancements that you have to pay for, and it'll count off the taint cost of any of your nova powers). Other than that it's pretty good.

Anateus - I have one that I use. I don't have access to it yet, but when I get home I'll try to post up a link to it.