Mutants & Masterminds: The Unlikely Prophets - Strength and Speed: Bodhie/Cyan

Charlotte

Bodhie looked at Cyan and then at herself. The girl was right, Bodhie's leg was actually larger than Cyan's waist size. If she flexed her thighs she'd probably tear the pants apart she just wore.

"The problem is, Cyco - I'm already wearing stuff from the 'Big&Tall' section. Maybe we'll have to check the men's section and see if they have something more comfortable for me.", Bodhie blushed a little there. It wasn't that she wasn't comfortable with being that muscular but things got more obvious when she was around 'normal' people. Rachel was always around her and she wasn't small either so things looked more in proportion compared to her. But Cyan? Cyan was athletic but far away from Bodhie's body type. The girl looked like she weight half or one third of Bodhie's weight. Well - it had to wait for later anyways. "I'm ready."

The trip to Esme's wasn't that difficult at ground level, though Cyan did have to keep her hear tilted skywards in order to pick out her landmarks.

Esme was surprised to see Cyan enter via the door instead of the window. "Cyan, this is a surprise. I didn't think you'd be done with all the packages for today. You are done, right?"

"Bag's empty, isn't it?" she said with a mild look of playful offense as she showed the empty cavity of the bag. "Have I ever...wait, de ja vu...never mind."

"Anyway, um, something happened today on the route and I was wondering if you've heard anything 'bout creepy music and the Mathemagician?" she asked.

It was taking all her willpower to not blow through the apartment like a dervish and go through all the areas that she knew stuff was secreted away in. Esme had things Cyan didn't know about and the curiosity was driving her insane.

"The Mathemagician?" Esme frowned. "Not a thing. The usual stuff. They aired his documentary the other day, about how he was just some civil servant and his soul was so pure that when he died it went into the Order's network. That's about it. Why?" Esme arched an eyebrow. "You in trouble with the jackboots?"

"Nah," Cyco said, waving off Esme's concerns, "Just overheard some tidbits on the route, people always ignore the messenger, right? Well, or they shoot them, but that obviously didn't happen now did it?"

"Soooo, you gotta any more work?" Cyan started, hoping to get Esme to hobble off somewhere so that she could loot the place. "Plenny o' daylight left."

They chances of seeing this woman again probably weren't high. Especially with Cyan's new 'bring down the Order' quest. Despite the reservations she had earlier at her flat, Cyco was strongly considering ransacking the place anyway. Who was gonna stop her? Wasn't like Esme with her bad leg was going to. The woman probably wouldn't even know what happened until it far too late.

Escape though. Ugh...Bodhie is slow...so slow. Strong yes, but so very slow. Probably too heavy to carry as well. What if we got caught by the jackboots? Bloody Knights wouldn't stand a chance.

"Nah, seen it before, same recycled story, was old before I starting wearing red...so, whatcha got there? Mind if I take a peek?" she said, standing on her tip-toes in a vain effort to get a look.

"Hmm, anyone that's not payin'? Could collect the creds for ya and cure my boredom. Maybe that's what I should be doing....maybe I'll find the next that way. Or just make a house call. I can deliver dire messages of 400% interest and broken toes as well as packages." she said, smiling.

"Oh, just a touch of the divine I suppose. This is so depressing. Seeya later."

With a small wave, Cyan did what she had yearned to do from nearly the day she had started working for Esme, go where she shouldn't.

Moving within her sense of time, the world seemed to stop. Doing cartwheels and flips across the apartment, Cyan easily had time to peruse through the place while Esme was still looking with the arched eyebrow at where she had been standing.

She looked through cabinets, closets, anything that would open easily. Small items that looked like they could be sold without being readily identified got stashed in the messenger's bag along with any small lockboxes.

With a gust of wind that nearly shook the door from it's hinges, she was gone out to the roof.

Only as Esme blinked and tried to wrap her mind around what on Earth had just happened did she realize that the paper she had been holding was gone.

Knowing full well that her place would be the first place that Esme would send people, she didn't slow down as she rushed back to her place, easily taking the well travelled route across the rooftops at 'speed'. Cyco packed what belongings she cared about, which was mostly clothing, into a nearly identical messenger bag that she had "lost". Grabbing her Chair Guardian at the last minute, she headed to the window.

Well, time to take that leap of faith.

Making the trip back to Esme's was quick and easy, even with two bags, though before she made the last jump that would take her to the former boss' roof, she scaled down the fire escape of the neigboring building and ran until she stopped in front of Bodhie, the backlash of air rushing over them like a hurricane's kiss.

"Time to go, Muscles." she said with a grin.

Bodhie was waiting patiently outside trying to avoid to catch any attention by the authorities. For a short moment she feared that Cyan had left her behind - it wouldn't surprise her considering the young womans fleety behaviour. Bodhie sighed taking a deep breath noticing that it almost broke her top apart. Better watch this, don't want to cause a lawsuit for indecent exposure

The large woman fidget a bit with her top trying to make it feel less taut on her torso. Just before she could indulge herself with darker thoughts about being left behind Cyan suddenly appeared from... outside?

Bodhie looked a bit dumbfounded at the speeddemon and looked back to the building, "Didn't you...?", she pointed at the door.

"Nevermind, I'm ready.", she would have enough time to talk to her later, now wasn't the time for arguments.

Archived