Mutants & Masterminds: The Unlikely Prophets - Strength and Speed: Bodhie/Cyan

Charlotte

It took less time to get there than it took to describe it, and soon enough Cyan was standing in an apartment complex's lobby.

"Okay, well - " Rachel was interrupted by her door buzzer. "I gotta get that. Hope it's the courier..."

She crossed to the wall and pressed the door buzzer button. "Who is it?"

Bodhie froze when the door buzzer rang and instantly grew back to her 'huge' size which Rachel didn't notice as she was already answering the door.

"You didn't tell me you where expecting anybody, Rachel? What if it is the Knights?", Bodhie said unable to follow her through the door unless she wanted to damage the frame with her increased bulk. She bent down a bit to peer through it her muscles all tensed in anticipation - if it were the Knights she would be in trouble. But maybe she was just going crazy and assuming only the worst?

Bodhie forced herself to relax and focus on her 'normal' size. She felt herself shrinking and with it dwindled a great deal of her incredible strength. She was still stronger than any human being but it paled in comparison to her 'big self'. Taking deep breaths she checked her options.

First of all, the remains of her top and pants hung in rags from her body. Her sneakers were torn apart and her bare feet (the big ones) had made small indentures on the floor. God, how heavy have I become?

There was only one door which led back to Rachel's living room. She had to cross that room to get to the bathroom which wouldn't solve the problem that she was half naked, or just in her undies.

She decided to take the risk and make a beeline for the bathroom where she would grab one of Rachel's bathrobes. That should cover her up good enough before anyone got into the room. Unfortunately Bodhie had underestimated how long it took her to actually make that decision, she was half across the room when the door opened...

Cyan pushed down the intercom button, "Delivery."

The electrical buzz that signaled her admittance to the building was enough of an answer for her and she pushed open the door, climbing the stairs in scant seconds.

This rules so much, there isn't words.

"Thank you." she whispered towards the ceiling as she held her hands together in supplication.

Giving a quick glance to ensure that her dress was holding together, she knocked once on the door quietly.

It opened almost immediately, Rachel having not had time to move away from the buzzer.

"Hi, I have a package here."

Cyan was nearly giddy with excitement, confident that things were going to get interesting.

Perfect timing, Rachel! Damnit!, Bodhie stopped in her tracks with an audible thudding noise. She really has gained more mass... alot more mass. She stared at Rachel and the beautiful ravenhaired woman at the door and considered knocking her out before she answered Rachel's stupid question. Why by the heavens couldn't she show some more common sense and wait for the delivery girl to leave before she asked her question?

"I...ahm... it was music...", she struggled for the right words. Maybe the delivery girl overheard the question? No, that was impossilbe, she stood right next to her.

"Rachel?", Bodhie looked at the delivery girl raising an eyebrow. "Is she trustable? Do you know her?"

Yay!

Sporting a wide grin, and not feeling so bad about her own dress after seeing the large blond woman dressed in tattered rags, Cyan seemed to disappear and then reappear in front of Bodhie, a rush of air washing over them.

"Who are you...why are you here." Cyan was doing her best to sound deep and spooky, but it was almost comical.

Awfully beefy for an Angel.

Bodhie was obviously caught off guard by the ravenhaired beauty and staggered a step backwards with a heavy thud. Cyan could tell that the 'beefy Angel' was heavy.

Could she be...?, Bodhie didn't know what to do. Was this woman a Knight in disguise or was she... like her?

"Did... did you hear him?", Bodhie asked, prepared to get into a fight if her question would pose a negative reaction. Cyan saw how Bodhie's muscles tensed in anticipation making them bulge ominously. Bodhie didn't mean to get into a fight, but she was ready for it.

Whoa, wonder how she gets off the ground bein' that heavy.

"Of course I heard him silly, no need to get all tense." Cyan said, playfully slapping at her bulging arm. "People call me Cyco."

She stuck out her hand, inwardly cringing at the thought of her hand being crushed by the large woman.

Bodhie relaxed a bit but was still weary. She looked at the offered hand and carefully reached out gently squeezing it.

"I'm Bodhie... this can't be a bloody coincedence. Do you have an idea what happened to us?", she cursed herself for being so blunt. What if she meant something else?

"Could you answer his questions? Are you one of them?", Cyan could tell the conflict in Bodhie's eyes. The unusual muscular woman was completely clueless and struggling to keep up with what was happening.

Cyan made an effort to move slowly, backing up a few paces at what seemed to be a snail's pace to her, but normal, if slightly disjointed to the other women.

She cleared her throat loudly, glancing down at Bodhie's obviously lack of decent attire, "Maybe you would like to get some clothes on...while we...um...chat?"

"But anyway," she continued, shaking her head to clear her thoughts, "Yes, I am one of them, always have been apparently...as are you, I'm sure. Why else would the Angel make a point of mentioning this delivery?"

Cyan kept talking, not giving enough pause for anyone to get a word in edgewise. "I wouldn't answer the Mathmageek's questions if he offered me a country. The Order will rue this day. Them bitches are goin' down!"

She had a confidence in her that could only be bestowed upon those that realized that even if all the Order attempted to decend upon her, she would escape, nothing was as fast as her...nothing. That arrogance could possibly one day catch up with her, but right now, everything else was eating her dust.

"I assume you may feel the same way?" she added, zipping to sit on the couch, her hands behind her head and legs fully outstreched on the coffee table and her feet crossed.

"You were sent by an Angel?", asked Bodhie still trying to comprehend what was going on.

"I have seen no Angel... I just heard his voice and... and then I tried to answer his questions but I couldn't. I did answer them myself afterwards but I don't know if he was still listening.", Bodhie left out the part where she had grown to a giant still insecure about this coincedence.

It can't be a coincedence - that's impossible.

"Do you have a clue as to what is going on here?", Bodhie asked while she shuffled through her bag for some clothes. She found a spare pair of pants and a huge XXXL-Shirt that had only half sleeves since her arms wouldn't fit through a normal shirt anyway. Looking down at her feet she frowned - she had never needed a spare pair of shoes before.

"I... could need some sneakers of yours, Rachel. Mine kinda..., well you know what happened to them.", Bodhie looked briefly to the half opened door to Rachel's private workout room and then back to Cyan.

"So this is about us against the Order?", Bodhie put her arms on her hips reminding Cyan faintly of a typical heroine stance and looked down at Cyan. Even Bodhie's voice was powerful completing the image of the embodiment of strength she was.

Okay, so no Heavenly appearance for her.

"Yup, certified, wing-toting, descending from the sky, Angel." Cyan said, cocking her head to one side.

Her nose crinkled up at Bodhie's questions, "Well, when Heaven is on your side, and you don't like the Order, it must mean that the Order is the bad guys....so yeah...us against the Order. That, and MnM's tone seemed to imply he wasn't exactly tickled pink to see us."

"But have faith," she added, sitting up, "I think there are more of us. Just gotta find 'em."

"You sound awefully confident. That's quite refreshing for a change.", Bodhie smiled. The idea of being 'chosen' to do something with what has been given to her was appealing. But there was her family, too. How was she supposed to handle that?

"Don't you think the Order will be after us. Angel's or any other kind of apparition, I mean believe in apparitions is forbidden. We are per definition illegal.", Bodhie was still in conflict. Cyan could tell that Bodhie was just repeating what has been indoctrinated to them ever since the Order was created. Bodhie lacked conviction in her words - she just cited what everyone knew.

She looked at Cyan and smiled at the refreshingly young woman. She felt sympathy for her and even if her story was completely bonkers she didn't care. There was no way to explain what happened to her a few minutes ago. Cyan's story was as good as any other explanation.

"I... just can't leave like that. I've got a 16-year-old son...", Bodhie left out her husband feeling that just thinking about him made her tense and furious. Bodhie's eyes wandered back to Rachel an idea formulating in her mind.

"Pfft, I'm counting on it. Would be difficult to cause sweeping change, maybe even toppling the whole shebang if they weren't after us." She answered as she stood up and stepped over to Bodhie.

"Don't you think that an organization that outlawed Angels is probably on the wrong side? And just like you said...now we're illegal...our very existance is a show of defiance against the Order. Let's seize that opportunity and shove their ridiculous doctrine down their conformist throats."

"With your strength," Cyan started, reaching out to squeeze a bicep, "and my speed," she continued, zipping over to stand by Rachel, "we could change the world! Your son could live his life not worrying about what he believed or what he wanted to do. Don't you want something better than this?" she finished, waving her hands around.

Something was telling her than she needed this woman's help somehow. She wasn't exactly sure why or for what, but she couldn't deny the destiny of their meeting and the Angel had implied they needed to work together.

Cyan's words made more and more sense to her and slowly it dawned on her that she had to make a decision that would change her whole life. Things were already changing and most likely forever. They had to forge their own destinies now and as it looked, Cyan's and hers was closely connected. Her eyes barely followed Cyan's movement - she was faster than anything she had seen before... "Wow...", she had to admit staring open mouthed at Cyan for a moment before she picked up the thought she just had.

"Rachel - please tell Sean that I love him no matter what. I won't come back for a while.", Bodhie looked at Cyan and then back to Rachel.

"I think it's the best if we say goodbye now and I'd appreciate a lot if you could borrow me some of your stuff - I won't be going home because if I did there'd be murder.", Bodhie had to swallow down the image of her ripping John's head off. She certainly had the strength to do that now.

"I have to trust you, Cyan - but if you saw an Angel who told you to do this I won't question it. But I don't have any means except for what I've got on me and my strength to help you fight this fight. I make it up to you, I promise - I'll repay you everything I'll owe you. Same goes to you, Rachel. I'll buy you a new weight bench, I promise - I didn't mean to break it.", Bodhie was excited and scared the same. The future was uncertain but she wasn't alone anymore.

"Wait, hold on, what? Bodhie...! Sean's your son. You've known John for... I don't even know how long, and you just met this Cyan woman and you're running off? Listen, if it's about John - if he's been, you know, then there's therapy, or we can talk to somebody, or something..." Rachel trailed off, her world suddenly upended.

Bodhie shook her head slowly. "Rachel, I'm actually protecting them. The Mathemagician already knows something is 'wrong' with me. Staying away from them is the only thing I can do for them. I know I just met her.", she pointed at Cyan, "but for once in my life I have the feeling that this is the right thing to do."

She looked at Rachel again swallowing hard. It wasn't easy to make this step but she had no other options. "If I go back there'll be too much to explain, too much to cover up and... and I can't honestly say what happens if I see John. Right now I want to kill him. He is taking care of Sean and Sean will freak out if he sees me now - I'm even bigger than I was and he hated it. I have no choice. I'm not running off, Rachel. I'm starting over and once I reached a point where things are more under control I pick up my old life - if that's still possible. We shouldn't be seeing again, too. For your sake, honey. I hope we'll find a way to keep in touch without putting you in danger - I wouldn't want that."

Bodhie hoped Rachel understood that reasoning. It was crazy... but crazy just happened back in her workout room and came through the door in the shape of Cyan. The world would never be the same again.

Rachel looked to Cyan and back to Bodhie, and sagged, looking defeated. She thought of the weight set as she spoke. "Not like I can stop you, can I."

Rachel sat down on the couch. "All right. I have no idea what to tell John and Sean, but all right."

"Great!" Cyan said, clapping her hands together in glee. "Now we just have to find everyone else."

"Though money shouldn't be a problem." she said, smirking heavily. "Providing means will be easy...and I hate to cut n' run, but the Angel was quite clear that time was of the essence, even with my speed, soooooo we should get going." Cyan finished, swooping her head towards the door.

Bodhie nodded at Cyan and walked over to Rachel to give her a careful hug. She placed her hands on Rachel shoulders and looked at her friend. "You're my best friend, Rachel. Don't forget that. Tell Sean that I love him, he'll understand one day... I hope. I try to keep in touch with you, but for now it's better for you to know less about where we're going and what we're doing. I thank you... you changed my life.", she gave Rachel a tender kiss on her forehead and then picked up her bag.

"I'm ready to go - you lead the way.", Bodhie smiled at Cyan. Even though the future was uncertain at least there was a future to look forward to now. She'll think about her family later, she'd come back and take back what was hers. She promised that to herself.

There was one small logistical issue that the new duo had not taken into consideration...Travelling.

Bodhie had barely finished her sentence, when Cyan was already appearing in the lobby. The whoosh of air cycloned around the area as she stopped, throwing a few loose bits of flotsam swirling up into the air, when she realized the difficulty of their situation.

A moment later, she was back. "Um, we might have overlooked something. How are we gonna do this?" she said, motioning back and forth between the two of them. "I obviously can't carry you."

And where do we go next? she wondered, giving a quick glance up.

"You're the one who saw an Angel - I thought you knew where to go. You found me, didn't you?", Bodhie was obviously confused. Was this a setup after all? For the first time there was a spark of doubt as she watched Cyan but she cast that thought away as good as she could.

"We should avoid the Order as much as we possibly can. Don't you have any further clues to follow? I... unfortunately have no idea and I have no place to go. Do you know somewhere we can hide for now and make plans?", Bodhie offered hoping that the young woman was better connected than her. Although she lived most of her life in London she had little knowledge of the city and it's "ins" and "outs". Being a faithful housewife limited your options severely. The gym was the only place she was familiar with and even there she couldn't go now - her membership was void.

Cyan could tell that Bodhie was tensing as her muscles seemed to grow a little. Bodhie was thinking about John again... and it made her mad.

"No, I mean...well...no offense...but you're slow. The whole world is slow. Do I go ahead and then come back? Arrange a place to meet? We can head back to my place to start...I'm sure our next move will become obvious with time. But what do we do to keep you up with me?" Cyan rattled off, hoping to appease the anger she thought she caused.

Sheesh, this lady has quite the temper. Coulda swore she she got bigger.

Bodhie balled her hands to fists feeling the power and strength coursing threw her veins as her heart pumped more and more adrenaline laden blood through her system. She looked at Cyan and realized how the fabric of the clothes she was wearing got tighter. No, I mustn't!, her eyes spoke for themselves as she looked down at herself and saw that she was growing.

The incredibly muscled woman closed her eyes and forced her breathing to calm down. After a few long drawn out breathes she got smaller again until she somewhat reached a 'normal' size. Bodhie wasn't the tallest with her 5'7" but she looked impressive nonetheless.

"Sorry.", she managed to say between clenched teeth and then shook her head. "I don't want to split up right now... can't we hail a cab and go to your place? I promise to pay back all debts I have but right now I'm more than just broke - I got nothing but this bag... and you."

"Awww, I'm touched." Cyan said, putting her hands on her chest, "Really. Don't worry about costs too much, not like I'll keep track. I guess we can take a cab, that'll force me to stay at your pace."

With a gesture to follow, Cyan made the effort to cool her jets and walked down to the lobby with Bodhie.

"So...um, I've never hailed a cab...do you mind?"

Bodhie shook her head and almost facepalmed - what have I gotten myself into? she thought and put on a fake smile.

"You're one of those extreme sports type, aren't you? Speed junkie? Adrenaline is your poison and all that. Watch and learn something about every day living.", Bodhie stepped out to the street and whistled loudly after a cab and then raised one of her mighty arms to wave. It was impossible not to see her and soon one cab stopped right next to her. Bodhie opened the door and offered Cyan a seat before she entered herself. The cab bouncing ominously as she entered giving testament to Bodhie's weight. That woman was heavier than she looked.

"Where to... ladies?", the driver asked putting too much emphasis on the word "ladies" showing his obvious confusion about the odd couple. Bodhie looked at Cyan expectantly and raised an eyebrow.

Cyan quickly rattled off her street, not really wanting the cabbie to know any more than that. It was time to start thinking a little paranoid...not a lot...but at least a little. If they got dropped off too far away from the building, so be it, she felt decidely uncomfortable taking motorized transportation anyway.

Beckoning Bodhie to follow, Cyan made visible effort to keep pace with the large woman as they made their way up to her flat. What seemed like an agonizing eternity later, Cyan was turning the key and opening the door to her place.

It wasn't tiny, but was far from being too comfortable. The sense of style of the studio apartment was all over the place and highly eclectic. Vibrant colors with a red-dominant theme adorned the walls and accoutrements while a wood floor in desperate need of refinishing, groaned as Bodhie entered.

It was organized, in a chaotic sort of way, but everything seemed where it was suppose to be, if oddly placed. Like the lamp on the fridge to the clothes hanging on a towel rack over the TV.

"Home sweet home, make yourself comfortable...don't sit in that chair, its broken." Cyan said, pointing to a formal sitting chair upon which sat a jade statue of a cat.

"Jade Cat, Jade, China, Forbidden City, Forbidden, Forbidden Chair, Don't sit there." she added at Bodhie's quizzical look, emphasizing the rhyme at the end.

Bodhie smiled at the energetic young woman. "No sitting, I got it."

She is kinda fun.

Bodhie placed her bag down where there was room for it and stood there taking in all the details of the flat. Cyan sure had personality and attitude, Bodhie was curious how well they would mesh given that an Angel had brought them together. At the moment the two women seemed to have nothing in common... except for the Mathemagician and superpowers.

"Right.", Bodhie said half to herself and then realized she was talking out loud. "I'm sorry, I'm trying to adjust - you're really fast... superhumanly fast, right? It seems I'm superhumanly strong.", Bodhie flexed one biceps for emphasis still surprised by her own size and immense feeling of power. Bodhie stretched herself shaking the tension out of her body as she slowly started to feel relaxed. They were in relatively safety now as far she was concerned. Even with the huge XXXL-Muscle shirt she was wearing it only covered about half of her upper body. Cyan couldn't recall ever seeing a female with such extreme muscularity.

My, aren't we Captain Obvious.

"Yup...logic would say we should maybe be looking for someone superhumanly beautiful ya think? There are others we need to find, just not sure how..." her voice faded out as she turned towards the small kitchen, a blur of motion later, she was walking to the sitting area holding a couple sandwiches on plates and two bottles of water and outfitted in a new red dress, very similar to the one she was just wearing, but less torn and beat up and a simpler cut. After setting down one of each on the coffee table, Cyan took a seat on the small couch and started digging in. Idly scratching at her back occasionally.

Wonder how she's dealing with looking like that. At least I can put away the wings.

Bodhie mentally slapped herself for that stupid comment. She must think I'm stupid. Way to go, Bodhie.

She watched Cyan - well she tried watching her that is - as she got into the kitchen, made them some sandwiches and changed into something more comfortable in a matter of two seconds. Bodhie was barely able to understand what actually happened, she saw only the results and added up the most obvious chronological order of events. Her superpowers were really handy.

"I'm sorry I can't give any clues on that subject. I have no idea why this is all happening. I'm actually very glad to have met you, Cyco.", she watched Cyan scratching her back and got a brief glimpse of her beautiful tattoo. That girl was really special. Bodhie would've never dared doing anything like that.

The large woman stepped next to Cyan and picked up the offered sandwich taking one hesitant bite off and then munching it away like she hadn't eaten in weeks. She didn't have the time to eat anything after the workout at Rachel's. She only had a bottle of water, that's all. It was part of the diet, though. Bodhie also realized that she had missed getting a shower at Rachel's.

"Do you mind if I took a shower? I didn't have the chance to do that at Rachel's"

"Have at it, around that corner there, only have the one towel, sorry. Not a lot of company. Maybe there'll be something on TV to clue us in, will scan around while you're gettin all wet."

She threw her feet up on the table and kicked off her boots as she started flipping through channels, waiting for something to jump out at her.

Bodhie nodded briefly and went to the bathroom. Cyan's flat was practical in many ways but it lacked space... or Bodhie has gotten too large. She slowly undressed and got a brief glimpse of herself in the small mirror that was hanging over the washbasin. Her body had really increased in mass and definition. She had that lowfat look that bodybuilder's where looking for just before they entered a competition. Actually it wasn't a good thing from an health-aspect but Bodhie felt good. No, she felt better than good, she felt invincible. I wonder how strong I've become? And I even feel stronger when I'm...", she didn't know how to put the right words for her larger form but it made her smile thinking about it.

The towel was desperately outmatched for her size which left her only with the option to put on her workout clothes again which clung on her partially moist skin. She sighed and decided that she couldn't do anything to change that. It would have to dry in the air for the moment.

Rejoining Cyan she took the bottle of water and downed it in one go. "Found anything yet?", she asked and made herself comfortable on the floor next to her. She was afraid that her increased bulk would break Cyan's furniture.

The television was showing a soap opera, "Coronation Street." It was popular in the UK, as over the years everyone stabbed each other in the back, slept around, and went through improbable scenarios easily undone if someone just asked for someone else to explain things to them... but, they never did.

There was a public service announcement to "listen for a big change to the internment of the deceased" from the Druid, in the months ahead. There were no signs of superhumanity out there other than the usual ones.

"Nah, just same old brain oozing drama. Though it did remind me of someone we could talk to." she said, standing and moving in a blur to stand in front of the TV. She turned around slowly, the open back of this dress gave a full view of her tattoo, the intricate detail of the feathered wings making it seem like they would ruffle in the breeze.

"My boss Esme is like the spider at the center of a web, we could talk to her, see what she's heard. About time for me to check in anyway. Though you'd have to stay here, she's a little gunshy about visitors and well, no offense, but you are a little intimidating. No use going and getting the person that signs the old paycheck all freaked out in case this 'overthrowing the Order' thing doesn't pan out. Know what I mean?"

Bodhie eyes remained on Cyan's amazing tattoo which almost looked like it had a life of its own. She came closer unable to remove her eyes from Cyan's back.

"None taken... but I'd prefer to tag along anyway. Don't you have anything baggier that I can wear? It'll make me look fat but I can live with that, I'm used to it. They don't make nice clothes for people my size. Can't blame them, though."

Bodhie hoped that the younger woman who was apparently better connected then her would give her a chance. The idea of being left behind and just wait didn't appeal much to her. Especially right now.

"Um...yeah, I'm not exactly your size either there Bodhie." Cyan answered waving her hand over herself as she glanced at Bodhie's form. "Nothing in my closet would fit your leg."

"I guess you can go, but you'll have to wait outside or somethin'. she continued, zipping to retrieve the messenger bag, "Really don't wanna piss Esme off...either of us. She can get cranky sometimes."

"After we stop at her place, we could go shopping for a few outfits, there's gotta be some kind of Big & Tall for women or something. You ready?" she rambled, finally stopping to retie her shoes and check her bag strap.

Archived