Mutants & Masterminds: The Unlikely Prophets - Swords And Sorcery: Larissa/Kenshin

Charlotte

"A couple in Seattle, one in Chicago, one in the Grand Canyon, one in Boston, one in Japan and two in London. You said this was Boston and I got on a plane to Japan. It's in the cards that the next one we'll find will be at... you got a paper? Write this down." Jack rattles off an address for an apartment in Seattle.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kenshin fiddled with a packet knife, it appeared to be a simple folding knife though it was exquisitely decorated. "Do you know who? Their name? Or can you only determine where to go to find them? I'd hate for us to have to cause that kind of a ruckus everywhere we go looking." He looked at Larissa, "You should wear a hat, something to can use to keep from being as easily recognized. We don't want to have a half dozen eyewitness accounts around the globe that all look like the three of us."

"I don't know any details about them beyond something that points me in the right direction. I'm not that lucky. I had no idea who you two were before you saved my ass - thanks for that, by the way, I owe you - so we might have to play it a bit by ear. And yeah, some kind of disguise is a good idea."

Kenshin smiled, "I've got one, though something tells me that maybe the Order won't like it one bit." He pulled down on the brim of his cap and it changed becoming a mask of horrific countenance. Demonic and red as arterial blood the cap became a mempo, the traditional face masks of the Samuari. With a second of thought Kenshin stood before Larissa in full Samurai armor, blood red and black, the mask was now animated the ugly wide mouth the black and hollow eyes, the horns were those of a demon, an Oni. He raised his hand and Larissa saw the pocket knife grow into a full sized katana; over three feet long it was scabbarded in black and red lacquer.

"I am the Scarlet Samurai as my father was before me." Kenshin's voice was gone, replaced with something horrific and befitting his appearance. And then he swept the face mask up and back and the armor was gone, the mask was gone, the katana was a simple folding pocket knife once more. "My father ... I think that this is not just his legacy to me but my family legacy. Now my duty is not just to protect but to free the people of the world from this evil."

Larissa is far less complacent than Blackjack at Kenshin's transformation. She jumps back, stifling a squeak of startled horror with the back of her hand. After a second she tentatively steps forward again, reaching out to touch the weirdly animated mask...only to pull her hand back when he changes back.

"That's...quite a disguise," she admits. "As for me, there's spells here for using illusions to mask the appearance. This is a very minor one..."

She closed her eyes and murmured under her breath. Her clothes flowed and blurred and ran together, reforming into a long flowing cloak and a dark violet dress with twinkling bits sewn into it so that the whole looked like the night sky made into a gown.

Her face and hair looked the same though, until she pulled the hood of the cloak up.

"This can at least give me different looking outfits," Larissa said. "Maybe there's other spells that'll change how my face looks. No time for that now though. Who knows what problems these other people are having. I'll go check that address."

She let the spell lapse as she hurried to her computer, and her clothes snapped back to how they'd looked before.

Archived