Relics Galore!

Corbin Black

So here's the game... think of an artifact, either from legend, myth, or where ever and post it here.

No stats, just the name of the item. Some we might be able to use, others are just fun to think of. Use most sources but please don't be cheesy, leave out lame ass anime and crap like Kratos's Blades of Chaos out of this.

I'll list a few so you know what I mean...

Hatshepsut's or some other pharaoh's nemes. (Egyptian Pharaoh)

The Masamune or Muramasa

The Eye of Shangri'la (The Mummy, Rise of the Dragon Emperor)

Ceridwen's Cauldron

Hercules's Nemean Lion Pelt

Lancelot's Shield

Excalibur

We'll go from here...

Don't forget Zeus' impervious Aegis, his shield.

From Hindu myth comes the Vajra...an indestructible weapon said to be capable of cutting through anything, and of hurling thunderbolts. It was wielded by Indra.

There's the Shiva Dhanush; the bow Shiva used...

The so-called "ultimate weapon," of course is the Brahmastra...which destroys any target and razes the land around it, but can only be used with a special key phrase and then only once in a lifetime (and with the tacit approval of Brahma himself).

...dang the Hindus have some good stuff. I won't do an exhaustive list, but check it out when you're googlesurfing sometime. smile

Originally Posted By: Olivia Jenings-Izumi
Book of Life/Book of Death (The Mummy)

The Holy Grail

The Book of Going Forth By Day (aka the Book of the Dead, aka The Book of Amun Ra) is in the Hero book on pg 164

Likewise the San Greal (Holy Grail) is in the Companion on pg 67

Originally Posted By: Narinder Kapoor
Hermes' Winged Sandals.

aka Talaria, Hero pg 166

Some of my own so I don't look like a dick wink

original scrolls:
The Gorni No Sho (the book of 5 rings written my Musashi)
Ba Fing (aka The Art of War)

items
Olifant (the Horn or Roland from French Legend)
A lock of Samson's hair

The Lance of Longinus (Aka the Spear of Destiny)

Naegling - Beowulf's sword (said to have been broken during his battle with the dragon)

Balmung - Balmung was said to have been forged by Wayland the Smith for Odin himself. Siegmund won the sword and passed it on to his son Siegfried, who re-forged it after Odin shattered it in battle.

Odysseus' Bow - Given to him by Iphitos to make up for sheep that were stolen from Ithaca, Odysseus was the only man who could string this mighty black bow.

Durendal - Roland's sword

Lehi-Hamor - The bludgeoning weapon of Samson "With the jawbone of an ass, heaps upon heaps, with the jawbone of an ass I have slain a thousand men." Samson, Judges 15:16

Akaitoodoshi-Yoroi - It was said that Yoshitsune wore this yoroi at the battle of Dan-no-Ura, where he performed the famous "hassotobi," a great leap over 8 boats.

Tarnkappe - Legend speaks of Siegfried's cloak Tarnkappe, the Cloak of Darkness, which he used to resuce and woo Brunhild for his brother-in-law Gunther.

Adder Stone

Farsha

Kasthuba

Dainsleif - gave wounds that never healed and could not be unsheathed without killing a man.

Gleipnir - binding that holds the mighty wolf Fenris; thin as a silken ribbon, yet stronger than any chain.

Tyrfing

Mistelteinn

Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi is a legendary Japanese sword as important to Japan's history as Excalibur is to Britain's, and is one of three Imperial Regalia of Japan. It was originally called Ama-no-Murakumo-no-Tsurugi, "Sword of the Gathering Clouds of Heaven") but its name was later changed to the more popular Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi ("Grass Cutting Sword").

The Yasakani no Magatama stands for benevolence, and is one of the three items used in the ceremony of imperial ascension. In Japanese mythology, the jewels, along with the mirror, were hung on the tree outside of Amaterasu's cave (where she had hidden) to lure her out. It is believed to be a necklace composed of jade magatama stones instead of a solitary gem as depicted in popular culture. It is believed to be enshrined in Kokyo, the Japanese Imperial Palace.

Yata no Kagami is a sacred mirror that is part of the Imperial Regalia of Japan. It is said to be housed in Ise Shrine in Mie prefecture, Japan, although a lack of public access makes this difficult to verify. The Yata no Kagami represents "wisdom" or "honesty," depending on the source. Its name literally means "The Eight Hand Mirror," likely a reference to its width.

Archived