Exalted PBP game

Emily Williamson

Okay. I'm setting up an Exalted 2e PBP game (the medium used will most probably be RPoL - thanks for suggesting that, Samhra). I already have three players interested, but I'm hopefully expecting a few more, considering many people on these boards seem to also play Exalted. Probably the maximum number of characters I'm comfortable with is five or six, but everything is negotiable.

The game, or at least the first story arc, which is what I have planned out in any detail, will focus on the more small-scale aspects of Exalted (if Exalted permits such a thing as small-scale) like treasure hunting (up to and including incursions into the Wyld, storage vaults of powerful organizations, etc) and unravelling age-old conspiracies (no, not the Great Curse. Not quite yet, at least), but with small-scale nation building as an appropiate backdrop. Probably all characters will manage to fit in, but I'd prefer most of the characters to be at least somewhat combat-capable, mainly to keep the players from getting bored during drawn out combat scenes, and keeping in mind that the game will be centered on the Scavenger Lands and the Farther East and North (so please don't dump 7 out of your 10 charms into Sail. There'll be naval action, but not that much).

Send character concepts to me by PM, but feel free to ask questions and discuss things with other potential players on this thread.

PS: Anathema totally rocks for making character sheets. I'd appreciate if everyone downloaded it so that, when we get to charsheet stage, everyone can send me their sheets in a standard electronic format.

Quote:
Originally posted by Erin 'Stellar' Donovan:
I'm interested, but lack the funds to drop for 2E. I have 1E and the Player's guide though.
Unfortunately, there is rather considerable difference between 2e and 1e mechanics, enough to make playing without having read the 2e manual difficult, and making a character without it nigh impossible. And, uhm... running 1e is out of the question, I don't have the main 1e books.

If you can somehow get your hands on a 2e core book, I'd be glad to have you as a player but, as is... no, you would take forever to make a character that then wouldn't do what you want it to do. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally posted by Chosen:
If there is any interest I can always set up a section for non Trinity Universe games on this site.
Well, that would certainly be convenient for everyone involved, but I don't want you to feel obliges to go to all the trouble, or deviate the site from its Trinity focus unless you want to, just because I'm picking up players from here.

• 3 weeks later...

I have no problems whatsoever with the site expanding & evolving. I don't want to take away anything from the people that visit here regularly, but if we can find ways to bring new people to the site, then hopefully that will translate into something good for everyone. So, I have no problems with setting up something that isn't Trinity related.