Aberrant: Stargate Universe - Secrets and Revelations [Complete]

She was passive at first, letting him pull her up and simply absorbing the feel of his hands on her arms and her shoulders. She felt his lips touch hers, and she shivered a little as his mouth explored hers gently.

But when she felt him start to pull away from the kiss, something in her rebelled. This is just how it had been last time.. although to be fair, she was fourteen then. She wasn't now, and she wanted to be on more than just the receiving end of her first real kiss.

So to Waki's surprise, just as he started to pull away, Aradia moved forward - not much, just a little - but it was enough. Her mouth met his again, this time with a little more curiosity and intensity than before. He felt her hand rest gently against his chest as she explored - for the first time - the concept of a kiss.

Wakiki would not complain. If she wanted a guinea pig to practice on, he'd oblige her. He slid his hands down from her shoulders to her waist, drawing her torso closer toward him. She was pulled tightly against the door, but he leaned forward so that more pressure was put on his thighs than hers. He let his lips explore a bit, but he was trying to let her examine him.

When she finally pulled back, he smiled at her - a soft, blissful expression. "Can I have another at the gate, please?"

Just like a man. Give him an inch, he tried to steal the moon.

She laughed softly then, and grinned at him, obviously having enjoyed the kiss.

"We'll see how nice you are to me on the way back home. I think you're just trying to make the military boys jealous."

They'd done most of the talking they felt like for the night though, and on the ride back fell into one of the comfortable silences that they had enjoyed during the road trip when they were kids.. sans Livy this time. Aradia ended up flipping on the radio, and sang along with a couple of the most popular pop songs on the airwaves at the moment. She didn't have a knockout voice, but she loved to sing anyway, and her voice was good enough that she wouldn't embarass herself in a karaoke bar or anything so Wakiki found himself not minding.

Sure enough, once they got back to base and he pulled over, Aradia acquisced to another kiss with a little playful prompting, and as she got out of the car, he noticed the stares of the same guys standing guard duty as before had gotten a little more envious. She leaned against the door of the car, and smiled at him.

"So.. thanks for taking me out. I had a really good time, Waki."

"Well, maybe I'm jealous of the military boys," Wakiki said, his teasing tone making it clear he wasn't, really. "I mean, they get to see you every day, all day, and I only get to see when I can steal you away from the Emerald City."

"The Emerald City?" she repeated laughing.

"Mmm-hmm, a far-off mystical place ruled by an unknowable emperor."

After that they'd enjoyed the silent drive back. Wakiki got his kiss, and the compliment. "So you wanna do this again?" he asked, sure that the answer would be yes. She enjoyed his company by all appearances, and it had been fun. He couldn't imagine any reason that she would deny him.

*After what happened tonight, maybe Livy's right? Maybe you shouldn't be dating outside of base. * Yeah, cause any of them are gonna wanna date me anyway, after staring at Kyria and Yseult and Olivia all day long. * You're as pretty as Olivia. * Yeah, but not as interesting, or as smart. * Do you really give a shit about what happened? I thought we didn't want them to dictate our life. * Yeah, but - no, forget it. You're right. Screw 'em. I can trust Wakiki. And he didn't flip out tonight. Well, not unreasonably so. That's a good sign, right?*

To Wakiki, she searched his eyes thoughtfully for a moment or two.. but then she smiled at him, and nodded.

"I'd love to. Call me, okay?"

She leaned down and kissed his cheek lightly then, and wished him goodnight, before straightening up and heading back into base, glancing over her shoulder at the gate one last time to flash him a smile, and a wave.

Archived