Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter six Session 2c Battlefield Japan

Justin OOC

Aboard the Nadesico, it was different, they were fighting with much greater forces but with alot more at stake. Amane addressed Lunamaria, Captain Johnson, Eiji and Vanessa.

"We have the enemy forces setting up a siege fortress using advanced nanotech Fifty miles north of us. We have confirmed active Ping of over six hundred mechs and 3 thousand scout type units."

"We could just Phase transition the entire area out of reality, but Ruri tells me this tech is something ne and beyond all previous Circinus tech. Therefore our goal is to take down all the enemy Mecha, either through disabling or destruction. Eiji, you and Vanessa will go with All of CRT 13 into the base and shut down it's main nanocore. CRT-7 and I will take out the enemy mecha and whatever else we have to. IF you hear the words "Code Ragnarok, you have thirty seconds to get out of the facility and as far away as you can, as that will signal that something dramatic has changed and the PT cannon will be used."

She smiles. "Are there any questions?"

Velocity swallowed hard not really understanding what was going on and what was at stake. “And the PT cannon is… bigbadaboom?”, she tried to hide her insecurities behind a funny seeming remark.

“And how does a nanocore look like? Isn’t Nano supposed to mean it’s really really small?”

"The PT cannon stands for Phase Transition Cannon. It literally removes the Target from this dimension, usually into trillions of component atoms across multiple dimensions. Nothing survives it."

"As for the Nanocore, I'd imagine it looks something like a power generator the size of a house."

A younger pilot hands Amane a missive and she calls up a vid window. It shows several scouts being ordered around by a pair of humanoid armored figures. Each has large blades on their arms and heads. One is White, the other jet black.

"This is what I was affraid of. These are two of the Federation's finest antipersonnel weapons, the GUYVER Series battle armors. They seem to be in charge of the scouts. You must neutralize them before getting into the core." She pulls up another window showing Two smaller Mechs above the still being errected base. "These are a new type of mecha for the Federation, the Serpent class. initial scans show there's another thirty or so onsite. They're supposed to be on par with our machines."

"We have to shut this down before they can activate everything."

The size of a house? I should have paid more attention at school…, Velocity smiled nervously.

“Hey, those guys look goofy.”, she said pointing at the GUYVER’s. Everything else didn’t make much sense to her. Mecha, Serpent Class – she had never seen anything like this before.

“So how do we fight them?”, she looked at Eiji hoping she wasn’t making a complete idiot of herself. She was eager to help but she had no experience against these enemies.

Eiji shrugs at Vanessa's question and answers with a smile, "As best we can generally. Personally I normally shoot things, hit them with spells or slice them up with my sword, but I'd just stick to what you know best. If you can survive hitting a wall at Mach 3 with no serious injuries then you can probably stand up to taking some damage from them, but how are you at dishing damage out?"

“You mean DPS?”, Vanessa joked. “I once managed to hit Mr. Blob real hard but it didn’t phase him. But the sound it made was awesome.”

“However…”, she put on a more serious face now. “I can hit hard but I don’t know if it’s hard enough – I’ve never fought anything like that before. I feel like thrown in a Computer game.”

It was difficult to imagine how Velocity would perform in a battle. Currently she looked and sounded just cute and except for being very athletic she still looked rather petite in comparison to the others.

Eiji shrugs once more, "I can't think of an easy way to test things out right now, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things go when we get there."

He turns back to include the Captain, "How are we to be inserted Captain? And I assume there is no pick up until the job is done or the PT fires?"

"Pretty much Lieutenant. We have to stop them here, but we can't afford to not analyze their new tech."

Captain Johnson addresses them next. "We'll have my team on the ground, and we can call for Medevac, but keep in mind Amane and I are counting on the two of you to breach the fortress and shut down the core."

Velocity nodded at Eiji knowing that she wouldn't be better prepared if they gave her another month of explaining and details.

"I just stay close to you and you call out the targets, ok?"

She hoped Eiji would be ok with her suggestion on tactics. It wasn't much tactics anyway. Velocity wasn't good at that stuff. Usually she dashed right in, hit someone real hard and hoped it was enough to end the fight before it started. She seldom planned further ahead. That's probably why she sucked at chess.

The Ship went to red Alert and Captain Misamaru took the helm. "Launch all mecha and ground forces."

Eiji and Velocity ride down to the ground on a shuttle andthe CRT-13 spreads out around them with scout drones on the flanks.

(OOC the attack begins The enemy scout drones have 150 hp and an armor rating of ten ranks. their weapon attacks have a 100 m range and do 80 damage. What I'd like is for the two of you to post yourselves getting through the enemy lines and to the base itself. The scouts are easy to kill, there's just alot of them. No rolls nescessary here, just go out have fun and kill some scouts... Keep in mind that above you and around you, Friendly mecha are raining fire and death down on the enemy Mecha.))))

As Eiji and Velocity and the other infarty were dropped to the field, the Nadesico disgorged mecha at an alarming rate. Anti-mecha missiles and the ships CIWS laser and autocannon batteries opened up on anything foolish enough to get within a mile of it.

From Above, Amane ordered the outnumbered mecha of her CRT around, pouncing on enemy mechs in succession, quickly trying to identify control units and the carriers for the scout mechs.

She took a moment to radio for Eiji and Velocity.

"I've got about 30 of the little ones backed by five medium and heavy mechs closing on you all. I've got nothing to send you're gonna have to take care of them yourselves."

The ground shoook under the footfalls of five forty plus ton engines of death, and soon Eiji and Vanessa saw the oncoming mechs.

The first was a short squat little mech who's arms ended in five barreled gunpods of lasers.

The second and third were a pair of shadowhawks like the ones Saito had engaged.

The last two were another kind of heavy mech called a Thor. Thier right arms bore a particle cannon, Their left a heavy autocannon, and on Their left shoulder they had a missile launcher.

Slinging his battlerifle onto his back Eiji draws his sword and simultaneously calls on it to grow to it's full battle size.

"CRT-13, split into groups, I want half to deal with the Scout Mechs and the other half to concentrate fire on one or two of the full size mechs."

From up to a klick away Eiji unleashes a Thunderbolt Cut on one of the Thor's. Then calls to Velocity, "You think you could get me up close? I'm better with this thing in melee than way back here."

Click to reveal..

Initiative +19 with Sword

(12:36:27) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 2,2.+19 = 23

Thunderbolt Cut with Passion = 70EP used

Attack = +13

(12:41:36) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 2,5.+13 = 20

Damage if hit is 221 doubled by Passion to 442, in a 10m radius area up to 1km away, ignoring all Armour and Forcefields

2 Defences at +13

(12:44:30) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 5,5.+13 = 23

(12:44:35) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 2,5.+13 = 20

The Thro rocked back as armor was melted and slagged under the weapon's attack. A huge gaping rent opened up acros it's left Torso, but It kept coming sending a stream of charged Particles and a volley of missiles at Eiji, Both attacks overshooting the young Lieutenant.

Captain Johnson smiled. "You heard the Man boys and girls, Light them up!"

((OOC the 15 CRT-3's will go after you and Velocity.)))

Velocity nodded at Eiji and picked him up. "Hold on to something.", she said and then accelerated from zero to full speed in the blink of an eye.

Click to reveal..
Initiative (2d6+37=44) Initiative = 44

Velocity will carry Eiji within Melee range and then attack the same targets he does.

Velocity makes two special attacks at melee range on Eiji's target. (2d6+17=24, 2d6+17=20) Attacks are 20 and 24

Velocity makes two more special attacks (sorry for the seperate rolls) (2d6+17=25, 2d6+17=27) Attacks are 25 and 27 (strike the last one, she can only make 3 attacks this round, sorry about that)

each for 117 damage using autofire

Her defense are:

Four defense rolls using her superior speed (2d6+14=21, 2d6+14=19, 2d6+14=23, 2d6+14=22) - Defense rolls: 21, 19, 23 and 22

I hope this makes sense - if not tell me what to change

Velocity's first barrage of attacks cracked armor all up the mech's left leg, her second barrage of attacks worked over the ferrotitanium femur and with a snap like a rotted twig shattered and the Thor Pitched forward onto the ground. She would have gotten away with it, but one of the smaller shadowhawks fired it's short range missile rack, with both missiles slamming into her back.

(70 damage from each missile.)

The CRT members opened up all around them lighting into the remaining four mechs, but failing to bring any of them down. There was a sickening crunch as on of the Mjolnir armored troopers was crushed underfoot by the Second Thor as it jumped over one hundred and fifty meters through the air and into the center of the formation, opening up with his shotgun-like heavy autcannon.

The Blackhawk lit into the ground around Eiji with one gunpod, the five lasers all barely missing him, tearing blazing furrows all around him. another part of the squad began laying waste to the smaller mecha around them, trying to buy the others breathing room.

Click to reveal..
Turn Two. Order is Velocity Eiji then mechs, then CRT.

"Ouch", Velocity moaned but quickly pushed on with the attack. She had hoped to avoid their attacks but fighting huge robots wasn't exactly her speciality. At least they were vulnerable to her attacks. Trying to get a flanking position she used her blinding speed to get behind one of the larger mechs and unloaded her next attack on it while her speed should serve as her defence.

Click to reveal..

Velocity's attacks against the second Thor mirrored those against the first, though the leg didn't break this time. It groaned as it was laid bare under her asault but the big mech stood upright and cut loose with it's full arsenal. With some luck she managed to dodge all the weapons fire from it, and a volley of lasers from the Black Hawk.

(Eiji your turn)

Leaping up to the damaged Torso of the THor he had originally hit Eiji makes a pair of powerful sword strikes at the Mech. On landing he zigzag rolls away and to the side in order to try to avoid the inevitable return fire.

Click to reveal..

Jumping lvl 2 - can easily jump 20m, upto 360m with a good roll

2 Arc Inazuma strikes to Thor#1 Torso

2d6 + 13

(00:25:41) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 1,5.+13 = 19

(00:25:48) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 4,6.+13 = 23

Damage = 193

Thor Armour = 60 - 12 for Penetrating 3 = 48

Actual damage = 145 per strike that hits

2 Defence rolls

at +13

(00:27:57) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 5,5.+13 = 23

(00:28:07) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 3,6.+13 = 22

Current Protection

Personal Armour AR 14

Forcefield Spell AR 32 - Cost 10EP/Turn to maintain

Powerarmour Armour AR 20

Powerarmour Forcefield AR 20

Total = AR 86

HP = 100 Regenerate at +15HP/turn in Powerarmour

EP = 70 at end of this turn Spending 10EP/Turn Regenerate at 15EP/Turn. Net Regain 5EP/turn.

Eiji's attacks hammered the rent in the Thor's Torso and the cockpit lights went Dark as the mech shut down.

The Blackhawk opened fire again, missing him, but spearing the Thor's fusion reactor heart with at least four lasers out of ten. The result was an explosion that hurt like hell and sent Eiji flying.

(125 damage)

The first CRT squad lit into the blackhawk, burning off one of the hexagonal gunpod arms.

The second squad concentated its fire on one of the Shadow Hawks, catching an open rack of missiles with a barrage of auto laser fire, igniting the missiles in the rack, literally blowing the mech in half.

The Second Shadow Hawk and Thor fired into the group of CRT members and another suit went down, caught in the azure hell of the Particle cannon's blast.

(OOC Velocity you're up)

"Oh shit, they're getting toasted!", Velocity switched her target again and put all her effort to down the large mech. It was time to down it.

The young mutant unleashed her fury in blinding speed on the Thor ripping armor apart where her fists impacted while she stayed in motion to avoid any return fire.

Eiji had recognised the danger as he saw the Blackhawks lasers miss him towards the sliced open torso of the Thor. He had flipped back away from the Thor, curling into a ball in mid-air, it was that which had saved his life. The explosion went largely around his forcefield shielded form, although enough had gotten through to give him some bad burns in places. Luckily the powerarmour and his own enchantments would allow him to soon regenerate the damaged tissue.

The blast had carried him towards the unengaged Shadow Hawk, so that is where he had gone once he hit the ground. Flipping into the air as he reaches the Mech he bounces off it's knee high into the air and coming down with his feet behind it's head to place a strike on each side of it's head. Then leaping and rolling away to avoid the return fire of the mechs.

Click to reveal..

2 Arc Inazumi attacks at +13 to the Head

(10:02:30) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 5,6.+13 = 24

(10:02:37) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 2,5. +13 = 20

Damage = 193

ShadowHawk AR = 40 - 12 (Penetrating 3) = 28

Net Damage = 165 per strike that hits

Defence Rolls - +13

(10:08:00) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 2,6.+13 = 21

(10:08:05) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 3,6.+13 = 22

Current Protection

Personal Armour AR 14

Forcefield Spell AR 28 - Cost 10EP/Turn to maintain

Powerarmour Armour AR 20

Powerarmour Forcefield AR 16

Total = AR 78

HP = 91 at end of this turn Regenerate at +15HP/turn in Powerarmour

EP = 75 at end of this turn Spending 10EP/Turn Regenerate at 15EP/Turn. Net Regain 5EP/turn.

Eiji's attack connect, but only the first hits the Shadow Hawk in the face, the other hitting it high in the left shoulder. It staggers a step then launches up into the air backwards. It lances out again with the Medium laser on its right arm, and the autocannon over it's shoulder catching Eiji in the chest with the laser. The Blackhawk loosed a storm of laserfire and another trooper went down in a storm of missiles.

Velocity's stunning barrage of attacks succeeded in opening up the second Thor's torso andforcing the mech's reactor to shutdown to avoid losing containment.

The other CRT personnel focused on removing the scouts around them, letting the two Aces handle the remaining mechs.

Velocity followed through with her attack against the next Mech. This is starting to make fun

She hoped they would end this soon and she still had no idea how to get to that Nanothing mentioned at the briefing. Velocity's eyes searched for Eiji.

Eiji shrugs off the laser blast, despite the holes it punches in his layered forcefields. Seeing the Shadowhawk jetting away from him, he swears briefly then gives a great leap himself, covering the 150m to the Shadowhawk in a single bound landing on its head once again. Once again he cuts at either side of the mechs head using the Arc Inazuma technique.

Click to reveal..

150m leap less than half his max range, target of 12

(16:33:34) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 1,4.+ Body 8 = 13

2 attacks at +13

(16:38:58) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 2,1.+13 = 16

(16:39:06) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 2,6.+13 = 21

Damage = 193

ShadowHawk AR = 40 - 12 (Penetrating 3) = 28

Net Damage = 165 per strike that hits

2 defence rolls

(16:39:20) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 5,4.+13 = 22

(16:39:57) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 3,5.+13 = 21

Current Protection

Personal Armour AR 14

Forcefield Spell AR 24 - Cost 10EP/Turn to maintain

Powerarmour Armour AR 20

Powerarmour Forcefield AR 12

Total = AR 70

HP = 100 at end of this turn Regenerate at +15HP/turn in Powerarmour

EP = 80 at end of this turn Spending 10EP/Turn Regenerate at 15EP/Turn. Net Regain 5EP/turn.

Velocity slammed the Blackhawk's leg hard, cracking the armor, but overshot her running barrage the second time horribly, costing her valueable time as she had to run back to it for her final assault laying the left leg bare.

Eiji on the otherhand decapitated the Shadowhawk with two swift strokes of Inazuma.

The CRT squad finished mowing down the small mecha around them.

(Velocity you're up. Please keep in mind if you roll 1,1 on 2d6 it's considered a botch in this game.)

Velocity saw an opening and decided that this was the chance to take out the larger mech. With blinding speed she virtually slammed into the machine and tore armor apart as if it was made of papermache.

Velocity tried to stay out of the fire line of the mech but it looked like she exposed herself there for a second instead of dodging out of range.

Seeing the ShadowHawk go down Eiji leaps backwards, fliping in the air as he goes to land behind the Blackhawk that Velocity had significantly damaged. He then makes a cut at each of the exposed legs.

Click to reveal..

Body roll for leap = target 13

(16:47:28) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 3,5.+8 = 16

2 attacks +13

(16:50:39) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 5,1.+13 = 19

(16:50:54) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 1,4.+13 = 18

Damage per attack = 193 Penetrating 3

2 Defence rolls at +13

(16:52:33) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 4,1.+13 = 18

(16:52:39) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 3,5.+13 = 21

Current Protection

Personal Armour AR 14

Forcefield Spell AR 24 - Cost 10EP/Turn to maintain

Powerarmour Armour AR 20

Powerarmour Forcefield AR 12

Total = AR 70

HP = 100 Regenerate at +15HP/turn in Powerarmour

EP = 85 at end of this turn Spending 10EP/Turn Regenerate at 15EP/Turn. Net Regain 5EP/turn.

Eiji's attacks finish the legs off and the black Hawk flops onto the ground it's reactor going cold. Contrary to everything else said, the canopy on the cockpit releases and shoots off. Standing there, The Female pilot looks down the muzzles of at least a dozen satoshi weapons and unceremoniously seems to faint and falls to the ground.

Eiji looks around at the tactical situation now the Mechs were down. Switching to the command channel he gives his orders.

"John, assign a squad to clear the rest of the scout mechs and to watch the prisoner. They can follow up behind us as we move in once they have done that, that should help keep a route out clear. Let me know if/when she wakes up, she could have information we could use."

Switching to the general channel, he starts jogging towards the Nano created base, "Those not assigned to the rearguard, lets go trash the nano-core."

Velocity quickly assumed a position next to Eiji and kept with his speed approaching the Nano-core. She still wasn't sure how that thing actually looked like - so far it's been a milk run, she hoped things wouldn't get nasty once they got to their objective.

"You have a prisoner?" Captain Johnson's incredulous voice came over the comm. "I'll arrange a pickup and clear out myself. Lieutenant Tanaka, ten seconds from my mark you'll have a window through the scout hordes, get as many of your troops and yourself and Velocity into the Base within ten seconds following that. MARK!"

There was a rumble overhead as The Archangels weapons were brought to bare, everything short of the Lohengrin main cannon. Railguns, missiles and heavy large-bore laser cannons annihilated everything in their path, playing over the base's energy shields and at precisely ten seconds from Mark, the shield around the base failed where the railguns pummeled it.

(OOC Body Rolls I know the two of you can manage, but this is to see how many troopers get in with you.)

"Everyone inside, MOVE IT!"

Eiji sprints flat out towards the breach calling to Velocity as he goes, "Get me in there ASAP, then shuttle as many others as you can in, they may get the shield back up."

Click to reveal..

Body roll = 2d6+8

(18:27:08) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 1,5.

(18:27:14) (Eiji): +8 = 14

The entire squad of 12 with them made it in, and The building was still in Flux, but their suit sensors could pick up a faint reading on the fusion core powering the nanocore itself two hundred meters further in. There were numerous pings on the scanners, at least a dozen small ravager mecha were enroute from each of three directions directly to the squad.

The enclosed surroundings prevented Eiji from using his best weapon for the mass of enemies, but he did what he could.

"4 men each side corridor, 2 standing, 2 kneeling mass auto fire. Now!"

So saying he faces the corridor leading deeper into the base and launches a lightning ball spell at the wall at the end of the corridor. Sword in hand he waits for the blast to subside before starting to advance deeper into the base.

Click to reveal..

Lightning ball spell - 100m range, 10m Radius, damage = 151, Penetrating (ignores 12pts of Armour)

(11:00:32) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 1,5.

= 6+11 = 17

2 Defence rolls

(11:07:44) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 1,5.+13 = 19

(11:07:50) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 3,4.+13 = 20

Eiji's attack fried the circuitry in all thwelve hounds in the corridor he fired it, to his sides, the Fireteams with him unleased a storm of firepower that severely damaged every mech heading their way from the other corridors.

On the Battle armor's HUD, a map was displayed, showing that the core was 200m a way, through perhaps 300m of corridors, blast doors, and two dozen squads of Ravager mecha.

Velocity mirrored Eiji's nod and concentrated on the corridor. She zoomed forward with amazing speed avoiding the mechanoids as good as she could and tried to get a good impression of their location - then she zoomed back to Eiji giving him a very brief report of her scouting mission.

(ooc: My intention is to give Eiji an understanding for where the mochanoids are and lay waste to them with his area attack.)

Archived