Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter 6 Session 2a Battlefield New York

Justin OOC

Kai's smile didn't even miss a beat. "I don't think that will be much of an issue, I've seen Klan in both her forms when i first toured the Quarter, so I know they've got some way of "resizing" her and the other members of Pixie Squadron."

With that he offered her an arm and began to lead her back to where Lily and the delegates were.

------------------

It was the American representative that spoke first. "So your Empire seeks an Alliance with us, and this Federation , to destroy us?"

He looked at the Satoshi Captains and shook his head. "You've got perhaps the most powerful military on the planet. Starships far beyond any other human technology, mecha beyond belief and powerarmored soldiers that outperform a battallion of soldiers each."

"We do owe you our lives but how can we accept this? We have nothing to offer this alliance that doesn't make us Subserviant to Satoshi, or the Empire."

Raisho spoke. "You have manpower, raw materials, additional manufacturing complexes. OUr primary bases have both been destroyed, Our secondary base is somewhat remote, and we are not yet up to full capacity in Japan."

"You have all benefited of Satoshi's technological advancements in medical and defensive fields of study, but now we are willing to offer you more. "We can dramatically increase the overall techlogical level of All nations by at least four generations, and we will do so in all areas except those for the manufacturing of weaponry."

"How is that possible?" "Our captain Hoshino has set up priority com lines and data transfers to the head of each nation. These are at your disposal to communicate with your nations. You can tell them of all you've seen, of our needs, and our offer. "

"Beyond the material needs we request, we ask simply that Japan be left in our custody, as the nation is now populated entirely by people who are part of Satoshi, it shoulsn't be an issue."

"We will give you two days to decide, then we will return you to your respective nations. After that, we will resume preparations for war."

Several representatives seemed about to speak, but the British representative smiled. "My colleagues, they have guaranteed us safe passage, saved our lives, and opened our eyes to truths no one in our own governments saw fit to share. They are offering their hands to us, not to kiss as would a concqueror, but as allies. It is my reccomendation that we accept the Princess's words and the deeds of the Satoshi officers present as proof of intent. I will strongly reccomend Britain agree to their terms, and I reccomend the rest of you respectively do the same."

With that he sat down, As the Candaian, German, Israeli,Australian, and French dignitaries rse and reaffirmed the sentiment.

-------------------

Mercury and Kai walked in about the time to hear the end of Lily's speech, and all that followed, with Kai immediately crossing to Lily and standing at her side. He didn't embrace her, but he did smile and flick his eyes up, to indicate her hair.

In a whisper as the others talked he smiled. "That was awesome Lily. Just so you know. I take it this is your natural haircolor?"

Lily glanced away from the delegates and gave Kai a tired smile as she reached up to self-consciously twirl some hair around her finger and tug at it.

"Oh, yeah. It feels a little weird being outside with it like this. I was getting used to the red. It's actually really pretty, I think." She paused, then asked a Question of Death.

"Which do you like better? Blue or red?"

Kai looked at her his eyes and face showing that he was tired yet happy. "Both are unheard of in my culture. I like you however you choose to be Lily, though I know you as a redhead, and Think you really good as one. If everything works out like I'm planning, you might want to get used to your natural haircolor again though."

Lily took a deep breath and steeled herself. Oddly, it was easier to 'come out' to a room full of politicians than it was to one other person, face to face.

"This will be hard to believe," she began gently, trying to cushion the blow, "but the people of Earth aren't the only intelligent beings in the galaxy. I mean, you've seen what's going on in the world. Those are alien ships. If you can accept that, you can accept me."

"I'm not native to Earth. I've come from a great interstellar community called the Dalaraan Empire. I'm here to try to help Earth, in the hopes we can be allies."

She grinned and tugged her blue hair again. "This isn't makeup, and these eyes aren't contacts. This is how I really look."

A smile twitched at the corner of Mercury's mouth for just a moment. She considered toying with the eager young woman some more, but then she decided that it wasn't a wise choice given her situation.

She leaned forward and put her lips to the earnest woman's ear. "Relax, Princess Aksaniolily," Mercury murmured. "Even a Federation HG grunt turned spy knows of the Dalaraan royalty."

Smirking, she straightened up, waiting for the blue-haired woman's reaction.

Startled, Lily stepped back, lifting one arm reflexively to protect her face and ear. Then she realized what it must be...

"Ohh...I see. You must have been with the units that came over to our side."

She laughs self-consciously and blushes. "I must look like an idiot now. So, an HG trooper, hm? That's pretty amazing."

Lily looks Mercury up and down. "So...is this your normal size, or is the other?"

Lily's smile faded slightly to a puzzled look, and she glanced at Kai.

"All right, it looks like I'm missing something," she said, looking back at Mercury. "We have other ex-Federation personnel among us, most of them joined as a result of the duel of honor. I wasn't informed we had anyone else coming to us freely."

• 1 month later...

Archived