Scion: Table Talk

jameson (ST)

Originally Posted By: Sapphire Rose
I had meant the Venus to be a place where Scions could kick back and gather safely, in the strip club or the bar&grill, which would have worked well Nari connecting people. But after 'V Night', I think people might start avoiding the place. grin Even Sapphire might. smirk

The encounter was meant as something to give you guys an introduction into the Scion lifestyle (because Heroes find themselves doing this a lot) and get a taste of some combat for practice... well, I'd say you got the practice.

Afterward I don't see any reason why people couldn't congregate there for meetings and whatnot. The Gods do it and they have Legends of 10 - 12.

My point is, every time you guys get together we're not going to drop explosions and giants on you just because a couple people with Legends decided to have lunch. The game says that Legend has that effect, but there is a limit to what I consider credible and just plain irritating. Fighting a horde of zombies just to get to my bed at night is irritating. Zombies assaulting a couple in the park while I'm burning some midnight oil, that's a bit more credible.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think though that maybe all people haven't taken what Rev said (and I have been saying) to heart. I really don't intend to F-with every gathering you all have and I certainly didn't intend this combat to seem so brutal. I say seem because I think now that you guys are getting an idea of what you can and need to do to defeat these things you are starting to hold your own rather well.

I've assigned most of the complete threads in the archive exp values. I'll get around to accounting later, if in the meantime people want to do their own accounting on their charsheets that is fine and would save me some time.

Dave, if you could assign fic for the stuff that Qiang took part in I would appreciate it.

I'm also going to give out a small flat Exp bonus for everybody since we only started with half a month. That will show up in the next couple of days.

Jameson, can we get a re-do on Dirty Water? It wasn't remotely my plan to just drive up to the front gate and say, "Hi, we're spies, can we come in and see your reality-wrecking secrets?"

I'd intended to stop some distance off and find a location I could use binoculars to observe them in secret, then work out a plan of approach with Kayleigh.

I understand you wanted to keep it moving, but that was taking a bit much in the way of liberties, I think. smile

And I realize I hadn't discussed my plans...but since we were in the middle of an IC conversation, I had no idea you were about to grab the reins. I had every intention of bringing them up soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Kayleigh
Would be nice if you picked up the stalled Plot stuff that's been on hold for you.

Updated.

Originally Posted By: Ouroboros
deleted, you guys let me know when you want me to step in

I had been waiting for a heads up that you guys were ready after bring asked to take down my prior update.

Thanks for the update, Jameson.

I'll try to be clearer about that in the future.

Also, for what it's worth (which may not be much), I apologize for being so surly about my request regarding your previous update. I took it a bit personally, and I shouldn't have.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived