Aberrant: Stargate Universe - Who Wants to be Teacher's Pet? [Complete]

Caine nods and takes his notes. He liked learning and he liked learning form Olivia's crystal clarity the most. It had all the advantages of a human interface with that of a galactic computer. He wished more people would appreciate her ... and that she would appreciate herself.

He kept his internal dialogue internal, but gave he a covert grin as he underlined a specifically poignent bit of data. Unas interested in trade was highly useful and self-empowering. It wasn't likely to be relevent in future missions, but you never knew. Even a psuedo-trade in neck protection would be something the Unas could appreiciate and used to engender trust. Useful.

Gwyn thinks back to the hulking but swift Unas they had encountered on the previous mission, and considered a group like that as merchants. He grinned as he pictured the likely result of them trying to haggle with someone. His grinned broadens at the thought of someone like Major Hawke trying to put them through a boot camp.

Originally Posted By: Olivia Jenings-Izumi
...Olivia paused. "Don't take them to be stupid. They are smart, in their own way. The Unas on P3X-888 fear open bodies of water where "wild" Goa'uld live. And they can develop technology; one of their notable developments are necklaces that prevent a Goa'uld from taking an Unas as a host as they have done in the past.

"Questions?"
Steve asked, "Define 'wild' Goa'uld and how much of that necklace technology or technique can we adopt"?

"Wild Goa'uld are those on P3X-888, their homeworld. They live and breed in their natural waters, rather than through the mechanics they have in place," Olivia said. "And we already have the necklace technology - when you are sent to a planet that might have wild goa'uld, the SGC has neck bracers that are standard." She smiled. "Having used them on our last mission, I can say they chafe a bit but are very effective."

"And it looks like we're out of time," Olivia said, glancing at the clock. "Thank you all for the engaging discussion. Same time tomorrow. We'll be covering a few more basics, but after tomorrow, I'll start covering more specialized topics. They'll be posted the day before so that people will know if they wish to attend." As they started to rise, she added, "And I'll be happy to discuss any topic with anyone any time I'm free."

Archived