Jump to content

Alternity: The Elements of Eternity - Ep. 1 - Destiny in Motion (The Rescue)


Recommended Posts

The party was well underway as the explosions and yelling for back-up caught the rescue teams ears as they approached from the opposite flank of the base. Isis and Kitty reared up their hover bikes and tore through the monowire security fencing while the power grid was down.

[spot, failure]With the chaos going on in the main yard by the motor pool the soldiers filing out form the barracks didn't have time to notice the four from the rescue team skid their vehicles to a halt as close to the exterior wall as they could and filed their way into side service entrance door.

Once inside they looked to be in the main storage area, or warehouse for the various supplies they used to repair or refit/refuel the ships that passed by the sector. A hologrpahic image of the facility's A.I. -a disembodied male head- was projected from a nearby terminal.

"Attention all personnel, outer security has been breached. All administration personnel are to remain at their posts until further notice. Report any and all suspicious activity. This is not a drill. Outer security has been breached. All administration personnel are to remain at their posts until further notice."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I could hack a terminal and see about downloading the bases schematics." Kitty tapped away on her gauntlet's holo display. "Once we have those we could have Isis's sensor array mingle with the floor plan and plot us the most logical and expedient route to the brig."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"I'm all for hacking the system. Kittani and I could split the workload and sort throught data twice as fast*. If either you, ISIS, or Gabriel think you can break a tech or soldier in under twenty seconds, I'm all for using that methods too. I do think the fewer people who see us, the better off we are."

For being his first combat mission with ... well, anyone, Kord was holding himself together rather well, but some strain was showing. It was anyone's guess how well he would deal with real death raining down around him.

Click to reveal..

*Kord is offer to do the Aid Action for Kitty, should the situation arrise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gabe nods at them, "If you think you can do it without alerting them to where we are then do it, it would be faster than any other way we have with us."

While they do that Gabe will look around the room, looking for exits leading further into the base, and watching out for anyone coming in from outside. His plasma pistol is drawn, but held down beside his leg to be unobtrusive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Isis pulls the face mask of her stealth suit down and activates the chameleon circuits. The suit faded from dark charcoal grey to a new pattern that closely echoed the play of overhead lights from above over the gunmetal grey of the floor and the off-white of warehouse containers. As she moved, the pattern of the suit changed subtly...breaking up her outline and changing colors to imitate, generally, the environment from moment to moment. Clearly this isn't invisibility, but it will make avoiding notice easier.

"I will maintain a perimeter while you work," she informs the others. "Signal me when you're ready to move on, or need my help."

With that, she turns and seems to fade away into the warehouse; quickly lost to the eye, and silent.

(Using Stealth suit to increase Hide to +9. Hide roll and Move Silently roll, in that order: 23, and 21. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2082925/ Isis will patrol the area around the party members, keeping a watch for possible threats and/or observation until signaled via comms to return.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[Computer Use, 33] Without wasting any more time Kittani plugged her computer card into the terminal and ran a thin wire from the card to a little slot behind her ear. Her fingers didn't tap any keys as her Neural Interface allowed her to manipulate the terminal at the speed of thought.

Click to reveal..

(01:19:07) ChatBot: (Kittani) rolls 1d20 and gets 19+14=33.

+12 Skill, +2 Gadget.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[Gabriel, Spot] There are a few exits to this warehouse, but the obvious choice is directly across from where you entered that will lead the party further into the base. There are no noticeable personnel in the warehouse at the moment.

[Kittani, Computer Use, Success]Binary reflected in her eyes as she processed the database. After only a few moments she was done. "This place is huge. The entire mountain is a shipyard." She focused and withdrew the node from her head. "The brig is on this floor, luckily. I'm patching the info to everyone now. Isis, correlate the destination with our current position and see if we cut down on time. I don't think Shiro can keep up that distraction much longer."

She put her gear away and unholstered her pistol. "I'm ready when you guys are."

Click to reveal..
There is no map for the base, as you move from section to section there will be random possible encounters based on how much a ruckus you cause. Obviously this is not a stealth mission (did the 16' mecha blowing stuff up give that away?) but the quieter you can get in and out then obviously the better off you'll be.

I'll assume people are sneaking even if they don't specifically state they are, so I don't worry about stating 'I'm seaking'. Max obviously had some foresight (good one Max) but don't worry about your PC getting blown up just because you forgot to say "I'm sneaking around.". I'll compare a sneak roll to a spot roll as the encounters happen.

These guards are not very tough and there are not a lot of them so combat shouldn't last too long. Too many at once though and someone could get hurt... good luck.

Max, you're in the lead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gabe keeps an eye on the door as he checks in, "Ok, the obvious door is this one. Isis, I guess it's you and me at the front with Kitty and Kord watching our backs."

While the others move up to his position he will have a cautious Listen at the door.

Click to reveal..

Listen of +5

(08:17:54) ChatBot: (Gabe) rolls 1d20 and gets 7.

total = 7+5= 12

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[Gabriel, Listen, ???] Total chaos seems to be the order of the day beyond the door. Although the occasional soldier can be heard running down the hall it doesn't seem to be particularly active in the hallway beyond.

The alarm continues to sound and the A.I. keeps yammering off the same message.

Seems clear...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Isis swiftly rejoined the others, then ranged ahead to the door. As Gabriel listened at it she ran the base floorplans, quickly rotating the three-dimensional image in her memory until she isolated the fastest, most direct route to their destination.

To Erebus and Shiro she reports, "We've gained entrance to the base and are making our way to the target site."

Then to Gabriel and the others the android stated, "I will move ahead a short distance and guide you. If there are hazards, I will provide warning. If we engage in combat, I will return."

She waits just a moment to see if there are questions or additional orders before she opens the door and starts moving through and ahead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gabe nods to Isis, "It sounds clear at the moment, I'll follow 10m behind you."

Turning to Kitty and Kord, "You peeps set to follow me? Just leave a couple of steps in case we run into something."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Couple of steps - got it," the doctor whispers back.

Somewhat belatedly, Kord draws his own pistol and checkss if for charge and safety. He moves to keep up, but at the same time giving them distance. All the while he was desperately hoping he wouldn't be needed here today, making no exception for his own flesh and blood.

Silently he prayed that he didn't have to shoot anybody. He was secretly afraid he would end up shooting someone on his own side. Wouldn't that suck? Wouldn't it be suck to be him in the after battle anaylsis dress down of that incident. Of course, it wouldn't be much fun for the person he shot either.

Kord's mind went to other thoughts and was once more paying more attention to his surroundings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Peeps?" Kittani repeated, a bit confused. "Okay. Adrian you stay behind him I'll cover the rear." Last thing I need is someone oogling at my butt for the next... however long this takes.

With her pistol drawn she followed the rest of the team.

Click to reveal..
Motion sensor active. It'll pick up any movement within 100'(30m) of the party.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kord shrugged. Chivalry wasn't his strongest suit and it was cold logic that dictated your least capable was in the middle. Kittani had the bigger guns and looked like she had a better handle on how to use them. Besides, if they put him in the back, everyone was likely to get shot up the ass.

"Makes sense," he said and took the middle position. Only when he took that position and turned to say something ti Kit did he realize what a nice ass she had. Whatever was on his mind was lost and he looked forward once more. It really was a good thing that he wasn't behind her. A mecha could have snuck up on him following that around.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[Encounter Check, Failure] From the warehouse the party moved down an empty hallway and took the first right they came to keeping as close to Isis's lead as they could as they moved deeper into the facility.

Past the cafeteria and the administration offices the party fled through halls and passageways until Isis finally stopped at crossed intersection and motioned for the party to stop. The party was in the southern passageway while the doors to the brig were located down the western corridor.

[isis, Hide Check] As she peered around the corner Isis saw two guards posted outside the brig. One sat at a terminal and appeared to be an officer while the other was a soldier armed with OICW charge rifle. Her sensors quickly wentto work and analyzed the threats.

[soldier, Spot Check, Failure] The soldier stood holing his rifle as the chaos within base went on around him. "You think they're coming to free this Emissary?" He asked the officer on duty.

[Officer, Spot Check, Failure] "Highly doubtful he replied. People would have to be plain stupid to attack a Thuldan Military base head on." The officer went back to his work. "Probably the locals trying to rebel again. Don't worry about it, just more woman and children waking up tomorrow without husbands and fathers. God I love this job."

The two shared a laugh, oblivious to Isis's presence.

[isis's Sensors]

(Officer/Soldier)

Composition of Armor: None/Carbon Fiber Tactical Vest

Weapon Systems: 11mm Charge Pistol/11mm Charge Pistol & OICW 11mm Charge Rifle

Current Status: Healthy/Healthy

Level of Threat: Minimal/Proceed with Caution

Click to reveal..
Neither guard has noticed the party's presence. You have the surprise round.

You may take one attack action, or a move action. Not both. No members of the party are considered flat-footed, the enemy however, is.

Although Isis was 30' ahead of the group I moved the party up to match her location.

Corridor Map

Handle it anyway you like guys...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Isis

Hit points: 70

Defense: 20 (plus possible cover from corner)

Isis' voice crackled over the comms of the party, though her mouth never moved.

"Two hostiles. The soldier is heavily armed and should be first priority. Attack on my mark. Three. Two. One. Now."

Her HUD software, interfaced with her CPU interpolated the precise spot a plasma bolt would land with her arm directed just so. That spot was highlighted in her visual field as a hole opened in her forearm, just behind her right wrist. Cocking that hand down, she took aim...

(Firing Plasma pistol at the soldier! 1d20+11 to hit. That's +5 BAB, +3 Dex, +1 weapon focus, +1 point blank shot, and +1 from the targeting software in her HUD. Does 2d10+2 fire damage on hit.)

To hit: 26

Damage: 18

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2085353/

(Oops...make that 19 damage. Point Blank Shot adds 1 to damage too, and I forgot to add that in.)

Rolling init too, since that'll come up once everyone's had their action. Init: 13 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2085354/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Surprise Round


A searing bolt of plasma tore into the soldier's armor knocking him back into the door with a heavy thud and painful spasm. Barely able to remain on his feet he looked to the source of the shot and gripped his rifle tightly

The officer's head turned in that direction, noticing their attacker almost instantly.

Still a bit to stunned to move Isis quickly took advantage of the situation...

Click to reveal..

Let's try this again guys... smile

Round 1 begins now, follow the initiative scores in the Combat Tracker thread. Kittani will post, then Isis, then I will post the enemies actions then Adrian then Rorx...

Smooth as silk...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

She looked to Adrian. "Can't. They're not on a wireless network, in order to hack their comms I'd need a jammer or to hack a terminal connected to the network."

Her lip curled in a mock smile. "Basically, we're screwed."

Not wanting to get in Isis or Gabe's way she bolted to the opposite wall and threw her back against it, taking aim, she fired and brilliant, widened blue beams soared through the air at the officer behind the desk...

(Kittani's gun is modified so for a small pistol it looks like she fires a cannon sometimes...)

Click to reveal..

Attack - Roll(1d20)+6:12,+6 Total:18

Damage - Roll(3d8)+0:3,2,5,+0 Total:10

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Suggestion: disable his communicator," Isis radios to the others. "With weapon fire if necessary."

With merciless precision, Isis corrects her aim just a hair and fires again at the wounded soldier, hoping to put him down before he can return fire. An ionizing laser burns a tunnel in the air to help keep the electrically charged plasma from dissipating, and on course. When it comes, a millisecond later, it's bright green, thousands of degrees hot, and moving as fast as a bullet.

Click to reveal.. (Combat Rolls)
To hit: 29 (almost a crit!)

Damage: 18

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2090433/

Removed the Point Blank Shot bonuses, since it's not actually at point blank. Hee. Oops.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Battle Mode: Initialized

Power Output: 6% (Warning: Output locked. Power systems may need servicing or locked by Administrator)

Integrity: 100%

Target: Acquired

The plasma burst impacts the soldier's armor once more tearing through flesh and searing bone. The man falls to the ground with a cauterized hole in him before he even realized there is a threat.

Target: Terminated

Kitti's laser blast hits the offer in the ribs below his elbow. His carbon fiber uniform manages to take a majority of the heat and damage but he shirks back from the intense heat and pain.

[Officer]Clutching his side he winced in pain looking down the hall where the shots were fired from. Grimacing he raised his hand and slammed it down upon a red button on the console. Alarms sounded with an added voice informing the occupants of the base that assistance was needed at the Brig...

Click to reveal..

The Soldier is dead, the Officer is still kickin' and has sounded the alarm. He spend his attack action triggering the alarm.

Whomever is next in the chain is free to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh, he was scared. Hell, he was terrified. Up til now his total amount of gun play had been against stationary targets and vid images. This was real. This was flesh and blood versus cell-vaporizing plasma. It hardly seemed fair, if he could hit. Shaking visably, Kord moved to Isis side, looking around the corner, but farther away from the wall. His gun came up just like it did in practice at the range and he gingerly snapped off a shot at the officer.

Click to reveal..

To hit:(15:31:22) ChatBot: (Kord) rolls 1d20 and gets 17+5-2 for medium range = 20

Damage: (15:32:26) ChatBot: (Kord) rolls 2d10 and gets 8,5=13

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Moving over to the other side of the corridor, Gabe fires his plasma pistol at the officer.

Click to reveal..

(00:32:53) ChatBot: (Gabe) rolls 1d20 and gets 16.

Attack = 16+7 = 23

Damage = 2d8 =

(00:33:16) ChatBot: (Gabe) rolls 2d8 and gets 2,6.

Damage = 8

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

The plasma blasts from Adrian's and Gabe's pistols impact the Officer's chest sending tumbling down in a heap of scorched flesh.

The alarm sounded as the heavy blast door remained closed.

It was only a matter of time before reinforcements arrived...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adrian ran up to the officer to check on his vitals. As he ran, he called out to Kittani,

"Get the door lock. You are better at it than I am. Gabe watch the hallway. Isis with Kittani ... just in case there are some surprises inside."

What the hell am I doing giving orders? This situation is crazy, crazy, crazy. I hope I dont' get anyone killed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Isis marched to the console next to the blast door and gazed expectantly at Kittani, though she said nothing. It seemed evident she was prepared to accept Adrian's orders, at least in the absence of any others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As Adrian suggested Gabe turned into the arm of the corridor in which they wanted to go and covered the other arms as best he could with the plasma pistol.

"Come on people, we are on the clock here."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rapidly her fingers dashed across holokeys and the as the hovering digital plates were tapped the alarms suddenly stopped. Moments later, with a hiss and a creek, the heavy pair of blast doors that blocked their entrance to the brig unlocked and slowly began sliding open.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Isis first. Kittani, follow her, I'll follow you, and let's all pray that this place isn't loaded with prisoners."

He bends back down to the officer one last time then moves on after Kittani. Over the comm he calls to Gabe.

"Gabe, anything yet? We've got the doors open and are moving into the cell block.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Isis nods at Adrian and proceeds into the prison cautiously, up to the first intersection of corridors and cells. The firing aperture in her arm stays open, with her other hand holding that wrist to help brace.

If she sees the path ahead, she signals the others to proceed to her position.

"Which way to his cell from here?" she asks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gabe gives a final look down each arm of the intersection then moves down the corridor until he is close to the rear of the group as they move into the brig.

He is still covering the rear with his plasma pistol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hastily, and without further discussion the party made a b-line as fast as they could behind Kittani as she read off the route she'd downloaded from the system.

The halls were metallic with low ceilings and black and red architecture reminiscent of a certain other Empire's prisons from earlier fantasy history. Although not very large, the wing had suffered considerable damage from the 'distraction' Shiro had been causing outside. The lack of available troops in this area may also had been a direct result of that same distraction. Providing Shiro had removed all available obstacles outside, this was certainly going to be a walk in the park for the team.

When Kittani finally halted her way through the bleak maze she knelt along side a control panel and within seconds had bipassed it. The damage to the area made overriding the security rather easy...

With a hiss and lazy servo hum the door to the cell slid upwards...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kord followed Gabe through the door and ran past him to catch up with the Kittani. He was careful to try and keep out of Isis' way. Nervously he asked,

"Kittani, Isis, you ever do anything like this before? Are we doing okay? When do you think their security will be able to make their way back to this section of the base?"

He had no illusions as to how long they would survive as prisoners and this bothered him. Some time being overly clinical about life left you looking at some rather depressing options.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The sight that greeted them was, perhaps, not quite what they might have expected. Instead of a despairing diplomat slumped on his cot, or lying battered on the floor of the cell, the opening door slowly revealed a pair of bare feet and shapely legs, followed by the rest of the stunning, golden-eyed woman chained to the wall. Thick metal rings encircled her wrists, and heavy cables had been bolted into the wall high above her head; it was purest chance that the diaphanous, translucent silk of her ivory gown draped just so to prevent unintended voyeurism.

She blinked in surprise as the group appeared; clearly, they were not what she had expected, either.

"Well, you aren't Maximillian," she murmured with an arched brow. "And he'd almost convinced me to play 'Princess in Distress' for him. Judging by the alarms, I'd wager you aren't supposed to be here... Hmm. Are you pirates, perhaps?"

The woman, seemingly unperturbed by her position, simply watched them speculatively.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"We have reached our primary objective without suffering casualties and inflicted damage to the enemy," Isis replies to Adrian. "We are doing well."

She steps into the cell and gives its occupant a brisk once-over, her eyes wide and unblinking sapphire blue, and seeming for all the world like a young woman in a form fitting jumpsuit of the same color as the walls.

"Objective is intact but restrained. I can cut through the restraints, if Kittani cannot open them."

Her voice was calm and quiet and devoid of emotional content. She could as well have been commenting on a change in the labels on ketchup packets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adrian gulps in surprise and barely concealed lust.

"Ummm ... are you the Starmech Emissary? We are not pirates. We are here to rescue you."

To Kittani, he turns and greatfully looks at her familiar features,

"Can you get her down, please?"

He has a hard time looking at HER, or is that NOT looking at HER.

"We've been sent to get you out of here. Is anyone else in your party around that we should also extract? Time is of the essence."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...