Mutants & Masterminds: The Unlikely Prophets - The Unlikely Prophets OOC Thread

Charlotte

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allow me...

The key points seem to be this:

- Jameson left the game, Forge has been currently written out. So CyCo and the Samurai are both out, it seems.

- Necronaut is busy in Boston, cruising the graveyards for information relating to the Iron Gates. A prison convict's ghost, although not aware of a prison called such, did relate a story about a prison riot ringleader who was sent to an undisclosed other prison. That man was told he 'would have a great view of the Olympics.'

- The rest of the part found out from Jack that there is another listener to the song (ME). After making their way to Silicon Valley via portal, they find me, in a minor sort of combat situation.

And though they identify me as THE GUY, all is not clear enough to ensure a full induction, shall we say. Basically, Hex is making a portal to some relatively safe location that is not our base- until we've hashed things out in a little talk.

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh. Hey guys, just wanted to say sorry for my rather extended absence. : / <excuse>I had started by waiting for something for her to do while she hid in the building and watched. When it was time, well...I'm full-time studying for the next few years, and a bunch of major projects and exams (like, five of each, no hyperbole) have all converged at the same time in these last few weeks, to attempt to drown me. Every time I meant to post something, I'd get distracted and forget.</excuse>

Mike's been incredibly patient with me throughout this, and I haven't quit! Things should settle down by Friday at the latest, at which point I expect them to stay settled for a good two months. Perhaps oddly, I expect Finals Week to be much, much less time-intensive for me.

Four weeks since my last post. Good gods. It would be reasonable for you to sort of dismiss me as a mostly-absent player, but please don't count me out yet! I was hoping to have more off-camera amusing stuff going on with Sharatur, stealthing around in the background, but I missed it. So we'll just say she's now off showering the dust and sweat she gained exploring Ayers, and will rejoin the group when I can finally resurface, later this week.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And one more thing, somewhat of an issue. Glitch has a lot more gadgets than he's currently showing, since IC, he's not had time to construct them all. Now we're going on a jail-break, and it looks like everything is happening in quick succession.

Are we going to wait for the next chapter until Glitch shall officially have all his tricks?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heh. Okay, so apparently we're not all in the plane. Radiance is doing something to hold Strongarm up, yet I can't find where that was described.

Can someone who understands the current situation explain where everyone is atm? If necessary, I'll edit my post(s) again for accuracy.

Also, Mike, timeframe: about how long do we have until he goes splash? How far away are we from him?

The situation, as I understand it, is this.

Necronaut and Strongarm are in Necronaut's plane. He has a limited number of Affects Others feats on his Flight - so he can take one passenger. That, however, can be worked around with Strongarm's strength, since Necro's plane effectively grants Flight to the 'passenger,' so whatever Strongarm can carry can come along. Radiance's ability to create solid objects made of light is the other factor - she has created a platform for Stromgarm to hold; everyone not named Necronaut or Strongarm is on this platform. It is being disguised by Hex's spell. This, minus Hex's illusion, is how you got out of the Cardinal building in Seattle.

Timewise, you have about two rounds. Spartan threw him up REAL high.

Some people have asked what can be done about the missile speeding towards you all.

Without giving it all away: look up "Countering Powers." If you can successfully shoot, deflect, or otherwise disable the missile, you may - though to use it as a reaction, you will need to spend a Hero Point.

She has a Visual Conceal, right? Does it affect All Visual, or only Normal Vision?

Cuz 'heat seeking' is really just a fancy name for 'Infrared Vision.'

smile

Edit - Of course, that would pretty much expose us as being abnormal...but that might be unavoidable now. I suspect unless that missile goes right through the middle of us and doesn't go off, Spartan will figure out we're not kosher. smile

Originally Posted By: SalmonMax
She has a Visual Conceal, right? Does it affect All Visual, or only Normal Vision?

Cuz 'heat seeking' is really just a fancy name for 'Infrared Vision.'

smile

Edit - Of course, that would pretty much expose us as being abnormal...but that might be unavoidable now. I suspect unless that missile goes right through the middle of us and doesn't go off, Spartan will figure out we're not kosher. smile

Actually, it needs to not go off; birds wouldn't set it off, would it?

Archived