Mutants & Masterminds: The Unlikely Prophets - The Unlikely Prophets OOC Thread

Charlotte

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: SalmonMax
What mistakes?

Miscalculated stats. Miscalculated rolls. Misunderstanding about what a power could and could not do, and changing my mind about it mid-combat in a way that would have affected prior actions, that kinda thing.

But the consensus is "soldier on," so I'll do that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Issue #2 has wrapped!

All of you get 5 power points. That should raise totals to 155.

Spend them wisely.

Now, one thing I need everyone to do, is publically post character sheets, and mark them [Profile]. These sheets, without exception, will be THE official sheets. I ask this because I have multiple, at times contradictory, copies of each sheet floating on my hard drive, and I want to keep everything in a centralized location.

Congratulations on your first major outing as superheroes.

Awesome, thanks Mike!

I will add an updated Profile as soon as you approved my PPs expenditures, I hope the Format I provided is accetable.

On a side note I wanted to ask where exactly we're now at the start of Issue #3? I got a bit lost after the combat in Issue #2. I had trouble picturing if we were inside a building, outside a building or on top of a building. Maybe someone else can help me out? And my last question - Is Issue #3 open for posts or will you add another opener?

Lastly - I'm having lots of fun and look forward to the next issue. The April Fool's thread was hilarious, I unfortunately had little time to post anything because I had my cousin visit from Venezuela (priorities, you know. She's a former Miss Venezuela pageant contestant...)

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing needs responding to, so no UPdate today.

Got a question for my players. Do you folks actually WANT a span of time for downtime/getting to know each other/doing your own thing? I was under the impression you did, but the lack of posts says otherwise.

Well, how about this: I"ll assume that people are in Aussieland, unless they say different. Radiance says she'll go home in a couple of days, Hex says she'll go home soon, Necronaut's going out and talking to dead people, and I think everyone else is staying in Jack's town.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Max
(OOC - Perhaps we could do a series of one-shot 'fics' where each of our characters tells a story of what the Order 'means' to him or her? It'd take too long and be too big to really be done in-thread, I think...but as fics it'd be neat)

Actually, for me, I'd rather it be done in the current IC. Much of Kenny's concerns are my own as a player. I realize, on a higher level, we're the heroes, but what we've done thus far has felt more like terrorism/anarchy than heroics to me.

Jim, the conceit of the game was overthrowing a tyrantical government. I'm not sure what you expected as the means of revolt against a government - especially one where the leaders are so much more powerful than us currently, and therefore, we can't face them head on - other than terrorism... or should we call it freedom fighting? wink

I think that getting your OOC take on this would be helpful. What kinds of actions/activities did you imagine when you signed up for the game? What exactly are you looking for, so that Mike has an idea of what to set up for us?

I was always under the assumption that the Order put some kind of "spell" on us to "accept" things as they are (make us more receptive to odd decisions and obvious injustice) and that the song we heard both lifted that veil from us and made us "erupt". I pretty much based all my actions from that assumption.

I don't see that as meta-knowledge. It feels a bit to me as if you are "overthinking" the issue. But if that's how your Character is so be it. I personally don't know how to make him convince of "our" cause given the limited knowledge we have right now. If Kenshin doesn't have the "impulse" inside him to trust this is the right thing then how are we supposed to convince him?

IMHO some good arguments have been brought forth, both by Smax and Necro. I also liked what Gloom said a lot. You can still decide to not believe that or say that "what makes us better then them?" - That question will always be there.

Or is it enough to say - "With great power comes great responsibility?" (Or how's that saying again?)

The Order obviously isn't being very responsible...

Jameson has decided to bow out of the game, and I haven't heard from Cyco in two months, so with regret I have written them both out of the game.

If there are problems with what I've just written, let me know. I may be recruiting, I may not be - we'll see how well I do with six players as opposed to eight.

Archived