Mutants & Masterminds: The Unlikely Prophets - The Unlikely Prophets OOC Thread

Charlotte

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People are asking me about the Mathemagician. Here is a brief rundown.

mathemagician.png

This is the Mathemagician. Officially, he runs all of the Order's sociological and economic policies. He also is rumored to be hooked into every form of networked electronic media on the planet Earth. He shows up in public very rarely and speaks even less often. No one is sure what the Mathemagician's real name, background, or powers are (it is rumored that he can control "raw information," whatever that means.)

Everyone's paired off now.

I'm going to post only when needed - to adjudicate rolls with NPCs, for example, or to tell you how a power works. Then I'm going to start tying you all together.

Since the prologues are over, I ask that you speak only for yourselves, and don't put words in NPC mouths - as I'm going to try very hard not to put any into yours as well, of course. smile Also, these are meant to help link the eight of you together, so bear that in mind when assessing reactions to what people say and do.

I love it, too! I'm dedicated already... no addicted is the better word :P

btw - Do you want us to up any Characterprofiles? If yes, including sheets, or better without? (I heard rumors about games almost breaking up because the PCs were all over each other how wrong or impossible the other PCs stats were - don't want to cause that here).

Any preference on format?

I'm certainly enjoying myself! I may not be able to keep up with the one-a-day posts, but I'll try.

Mike's already aware, but to let the rest of you know: this Friday (June 26th) I'm going away on sort of two back-to-back vacations for about two weeks. I won't be back until Sunday, July 12th. I won't be completely out of touch during my vacation--but definitely sporadic posts until I return.

I like everyone's chars so far too; I think we'll be able to gel reasonably well as a group.

Hey Bodhie, out of curiousity: You ever read Savage Dragon? And...if Hikari can throw darts of light, then that's it. Mike should never have paired you two up first; now you'll forever be known as Cloak and Dagger to me. ; )

Have fun!

Originally Posted By: Mike OOC
Light and dark was an obvious pairing to me. smile That said, if Radiance winds up wearing a cross-shaped cleavage/navel window I would have to take your point.

Danys like this, I wish I was a comic book geek. grin

The Savage Dragon's main love interest was Jennifer Murphy ("Smasher"). She is supermodel-gorgeous (of course), blond haired blue eyed and taller than average.

She was in a violently abusive marriage, when one day her husband's assaults just...stopped hurting her. He enjoyed making her suffer though, and when he saw that wasn't happening any more, he changed tactics: he tried to make her suffer by going after their baby.

She didn't realize what had happened to her, and also didn't realize she had become super-strong. When she hit him to stop him hurting their baby, she (quite literally) pulped his head.

I was just struck by the similarities. ; )

I have no knowledge about the "Savage Dragon" lore but if there are similarities I believe those won't be the only ones. My initial inspiration was Bruce Willis' Character from Unbreakable in regards to the mood of the PC but I think that already has changed and it's just a vague reminder...

Bodhie is a mixture of a lot of ideas and concepts I personally like. I'm glad I have to chance to play her.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back! Sorry for the slow postings this past week; it turned out the place I was staying had a very...interesting...idea of what "internet available" means.

The vacation was fun overall, at least. Weather didn't cooperate very well, but hey that's life on the west coast of Canada. We still enjoyed ourselves quite a bit. As usual of course, it's good to be back home again.

I should be able to get back to the (nearly) one-a-day posts I was doing before now. And I'll catch up on everything I've missed in the campaign during my trip...

Archived