An Explanation & An Apology

Eingar

Hey Peoples,

From you I have been absent through the Spring, mainly because about 2 months ago my life went to hell in a handbasket. In the 2 month prior to THAT, I lost my job, succumbed to the clinical depression I've been fighting for most of my teenage and adult life, dropped out of university, and then things basically went further downhill from there. I didn't handle it well, to put things mildly. It's a good thing firearms are hard to get hold of here or I might have gone "Falling Down" and made a big splash across the headlines. Nearly did that anyway.

In short, I had a breakdown. Docs tell me way too much stress, combined with what apparently is a long-running chemical imbalance in my brain (they say statistically they're surprised I lasted as long as I did: this imbalance typically starts in puberty), along with long-unresolved emotional issues (again, dating back about 20 years) all made it inevitable and that I shouldn't feel too bad about being ill, because really that's all it is: a treatable condition. Heartening, neh?

I'm planning on easing back into the N-Prime mode now that I've had time to adjust to the meds so I don't feel creatively neutered anymore. I'm sorry for simply disappearing like that but to be honest, it was all I could do to get out of bed and shuffle around the house most days. I certainly didn't feel like talking to people, even friends. frown

Unless anyone has an overwhelming reason for me not to I'll be withdrawing as a Mod for 200X: I can't really carry my own weight there at the moment and it's not fair to Kaz, Mala and Rev, all of who devote time and nervous energy to their duties. With regards to my other characters and obligations, I'll start to pick them up slowly. My posting will be regular, though probably not at my usual pace (and maybe not to my usual standard either, at least at first.)

Love ya all, and see you in the chats and boards,

Pete

a.k.a Dec, OTN, Big John, Einherjar, Bond, and the Goddamn Procyon.

I hear you brother. It's good to have you back in any capacity.

By the way, Diamuir married a leather clad librarian and rules the Talabheim underword from his Dwarf-built lair through his small, select army of men and women called the Lost Souls.

Not really, but it sounds cool. wink

Originally Posted By: Adrian Moss
By the way, Diamuir married a leather clad librarian and rules the Talabheim underword from his Dwarf-built lair through his small, select army of men and women called the Lost Souls.

Not really, but it sounds cool. wink

cry

But... but... LEATHER-CLAD LIBRARIAN!? How could you joke about something like that? You're the devil. wink

Archived