Aberrant RPG - Nova Trigger

Well, you could just Quantum bolt the latent, they should erupt then. smile.gif It is reasonable to assume that a power similar to Node Spark could be used for this.

I don't think there is a way to turn a baseline into a Nova. There are two examples like this in Trinity:

1. The Colony can inject taint/quantum into normal humans turning them into Sub Aberrants.

2. When a Leviathan Jump ship jumped in too close to a freighter once, the crew all developed latency. This is a rumour in the Trinity universe and I am not sure of its veracity. You have to remember too that a Leviathan is a Mile-long starship that can stun every Psi user on the planet if it jumps in too close so you are dealing with a huge amount of power.

Quote:
Originally posted by The Ranger:
Well, you could just Quantum bolt the latent, they should erupt then. smile.gif It is reasonable to assume that a power similar to Node Spark could be used for this.

I don't think there is a way to turn a baseline into a Nova. There are two examples like this in Trinity:

1. The Colony can inject taint/quantum into normal humans turning them into Sub Aberrants.

2. When a Leviathan Jump ship jumped in too close to a freighter once, the crew all developed latency. This is a rumour in the Trinity universe and I am not sure of its veracity. You have to remember too that a Leviathan is a Mile-long starship that can stun every Psi user on the planet if it jumps in too close so you are dealing with a huge amount of power.

What is Nova Spark? I only have Ab, APG and (soon) Storytellers' Screen

Divis "Call me Mikey" Mal can do it thanks to his Quantum score of 8 and what is probably Quantum Supremacy, a power described in the Players Handbook. With it, Mal can cause a latent nova to erupt and cause a non-latent to become a latent (who would naturally subsequently erupt). Mal should be the only person in the whole wide world with this power, at least for another twenty years or so. Bear in mind that he's been at it for eighty years and just nailed it down.

--Avenger

------------------

"Don't try to run, you son of a bitch. You'll just die tired."

avengingcrusader@hotmail.com

I thought that there was only a chance of a latent nova erupting when exposed to quantum powers? In other words, the latent nova has a much better chance of getting blown apart into his componant atoms, rather than erupting, right?

------------------

Welcome to Ohio. If you don't like the weather, wait twenty minutes.

Archived