World of Darkness: The Academy - OOC Talk -- The Lounge

Dawn OOC

Guys, could we have a hold on posting in Chapter 6 for a moment? Lucia is not far behind Ravi, and Mala has asked for the chance to post a reaction before someone else does.

If you're going to be interacting in the stables, just please hold on for a bit.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the front-runner for the 'Dalton Darwins' is... *drum-rolls*

Lucia Blake!!!

Seriously, I have no idea how Ravi, in the grip of his First Storm, is going to handle women throwing themselves at him.

Ordinarily, of course, he'd be delighted! firedevil

So, does anyone mind if I get in a quick retort?

Ravi - Just checking because I forgot to put it in the spoiler post this time, but did you take into account the +2 difficulty on all perception rolls (regardless of Hightened Senses) and the -2 to die pool on Stamina?

Never mind. I forgot that WW rules don't have to make sense or be consistent. I'm still running through the book trying to find the difference between "imposing a +2 penalty" and "losing two dice from all Stamina related rolls," since it seems like they could have just said a "loose 2 dice for perception, most actions, and all stamina related pools."

I think I figured out the issue. oWoD had a difference between penalties and losing dice. Penalties meant that you didn't succeed unless you got one more success than the penalty. Losing dice meant losing dice. I don't think nWoD rules work that way. I'm using the oWoD Obtenebration rules, so there's some disconnect. I'm not sure how Carver wants to deal with that.

Yeah, with nWoD it all comes down to die penalties establishing the task's difficulty, as far as I'm aware.

In panther shape, Ravi has a perception die pool of 8 and a Str + Sta die pool of 10. So Lucia's darkness as written would knock those down to 6 and 8 respectively.

Depending on Carver's ruling, I'm prepared to make re-rolls / edits as necessary. smile

I'm not sure Ch. 6 is done yet. There's still people (Renata and Mari) running around asking questions. Lucia and Sylvia will have to either dodge or deal with those. Ravi's gone AWOL (absent without litter!) and people might want to go looking for him, either because they're worried something's happened to him or worried that he's happened to someone else. Likewise Frida's gone running off somewhere, Deek may get involved, someone might find Sylvia's and Ravi's clothing remnants (Ravi's still has his phone, keys and wallet) in the Quad, the sky might start raining blood...

In short, I think Ch. 6 still has some legs to it. grin

No problem I just wasn't sure if you were trying to set something up with the corvette or not, it was confusingly specific.

I'm gone for the weekend for the Holiday and on vacation next week. I should be able to post more or less normally starting on Tuesday but Sat-Mon I'm not sure. Fair warning. Should I jump into the scene with Ravi & the others or would you all prefer I not do so since I won't be around?

Ryan has some kind of ultrasonic sense that can penetrate light obscurations, like clothes.

But as I understand, he can only see shapes, not details. So he knows what their naked silhouettes look like. Sort of like the opening of most Bond movies.

Archived