World of Darkness: The Academy - OOC Talk -- The Lounge

Dawn OOC

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm giving people until 2/6 (a week from today) to reply. I want everyone to reply. If you don't bother to answer, I'll consider that a null vote - it counts as a negative to the game altogether.

At this point, we have 11 active players. As of now, we have 6 votes. That's 5 more to hear from.

Guys, I want you to be completely honest, like Jim was. Unless you are really serious, unless you are sincere about posting here and doing so at least once a week, then please just vote for #4. I think this game has potential, but I don't want to spend the next three months pushing it only to have this die anyway. I'd rather let it go now than have that happen.

Do a test. List your top six games on the board, just for yourself. If Dalton isn't up there, if it's not near #6 then let the game go as a good concept but poor execution.

Be brutal and honest, at least privately, and let us know what you think.

I'm going to go with:

Bagging the Cat (though we'd have to discuss how, and make sure it was a good, workable way)

High School Explorers (I don't mind putting some focus on the world-hopping, as long as the 'high school' part isn't ignored)

Super High Schoolers

I'm with Mala. Her ideas make sense.

Over all here are some comments I have (in no particular order of importance). They may be blunt, but they're not intended to be rude.

Bagging the cat - May as well, frankly if you started us all off at day like none of the last year happened I wouldn't mind a bit. Either way, there is not enough time among the players to post fictions so we'll right back at square one: not really knowing each other and no back story and just going where the ST takes us.

Super-powered high schoolers - Huh? Doing what exactly?

Super-powered explorers - Pretty much just SG all over again, so we'd have three SG venues going...

Or throwing in the towel - Not my preference. I just think the players need to start putting more effort to be a part of the games they're in and if they aren't willing to do that do the rest of us a favor and move aside so we can continue on with the story writing.

First, blunt is good, and your comments are great - they give me what you want and even why.

Second re: the super-powered explorers. Yes, this is like SG. That makes a lot of sense, it's a popular format (get powers, go tear shit up somewhere, have epic other-Earthly stories). However, that's not a conceit (using the word in it's literary meaning, not the common usage) that is specific to SG. It's a conceit common to many things. When I started this, I got a lot of Harry Potter comments. Having never read the books, I was mostly confused by them. :P So no, it wouldn't be SG again. If you want to see it like that, and you may have to because of how the voting is going, then you're welcome to do so.

Thanks for the comments - we're 8 and 3 now. C'mon folks... don't make me wait a week and then vote for you. smile

Wow, I leave town and everyone starts talking about serious shit. Thank goodness for smart phones, LOL. Okay I could probably add my two cents here too, but I'll just sum it up with a comment and a vote instead. I really love Frida but I got the impression when we started this game that our powers/ability discoveries were going to be plot-driven/ST assisted (or at least some of them). That may have been a misconception on my part, I'm not blaming you for that at all. But I will need some assistance with *where* Frida's abilities/powers fit into the plot. Assuming that happens my votes lie thus.

1. Putting the cat back in the bag. I am strongly in favor of this if done properly.

2. Super powered explorers.

3. Calling it quits.

4. Super powered teenagers. Fair or not we have a super teens game at the moment that is somewhat strong at least for now and since that's what it was designed for and this has options I'd say let's not repeat ourselves I fear both games will suffer for it.

My vote:

1 - Cat back in bag, then the bag put in a box and mailed to Azerbaijan. (In other words, done properly)

2 - Super-powered explorers seems fine. In SGU, we're not so much exploring as we are soldiers in a war. (Yes, even you C.O's smirk )

3 - Super-powered high schoolers. I'm okay with this, mainly because we're more super-naturally powered than being muties or novas. The supernatural is by definition an entirely different mood and theme than comic-book superhumans.

4 - Throwing in the towel. Only if all else fails. I like the basic premise and I'd love a chance to do more with Ravi.

Alright. I've run the numbers.

1) Bagging the cat - 33

2) Super-powered high schoolers - 25

3) Super-powered explorers - 36

4) Or throwing in the towel - 17

#3 is the clear winner. Because Bagging the Cat was so close I'm going to do a plot based off of it to kick things off again. I'll try to get that up as soon as possible; I just need to figure out all the ins and outs of it first. My goal is Saturday, so come the weekend, be ready to start Dalton again. smile

• 2 weeks later...

Jeremy, why did you have Chester remember an ambulance. I don't recall giving you permission for that. Because it took me too long to read the post (due to being a little busy and fragged in the time frame between it going up and the IC responses to it), I decided to let it go.

The next bit isn't aimed just at Jeremy.

The memory plotline has to be very tight, between both PCs and myself. If you guys remember too much, too fast, we're right back to people not getting to make ties and develop their characters before being thrown into the shit again. If you think your character would remember something, ask me. I'm around enough, and you can wait for the five to seven hours I'm gone to work, or the six to eight that I'm asleep. It's not that long, and I make myself as available as I can. Not doing so, and picking something you'd like to remember from previous threads, is metagaming.

This is initiating a new policy, in all my games: metagaming now has a penalty beyond me being pissed at you and removing posts. Now, you'll lose xp when you metagame, as much as I feel is appropriate. And since I'll likely be pissed when it happens, 'appropriate' will vary. Questions?

Okay, in 'A Loose Thread' how about Sean, Ryan, and Ravi are planning to head off campus, meet up outside at the corner of Mars and Diana, and see the poor woman?

Way I see it, Ryan and Sean were waiting for Ravi at a certain time, say 7-7:30. It's close to 8 and he hasn't shown up, so they went outside to head to Lancaster and find out WTF, and met Ravi ambling his way at the corner of Mars and Diana.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Ryan Jackson
Here, but I've been waiting for you in Loose Thread.

Waiting on me for what? I've been waiting since my last post for anyone other than Sean to post. If you are waiting on something specific, please let me know. smile

Originally Posted By: Rorx
RL slowing me down at mo, but still here.

That seems to be endemic around here atm.

Originally Posted By: Dawn, OOC
Waiting on me for what? I've been waiting since my last post for anyone other than Sean to post. If you are waiting on something specific, please let me know. smile

Waiting for the NPC to reply to Sean and drop some hint, however small, of what it is we're supposed to do with her. RP is fine but we don't have any IC rationale to connect this person with the weirdness, and we've had OOC bans on our PCs remembering -anything- that would direct us.

I feel like we're waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I'll be catching up today, after a few days where other concerns were gobbling up my time.

That said, Renata's not in the plot thread anyway...and while I'm very open to changing that, I'm not quite sure how. smile Open to suggestions/ideas though!

Archived