World of Darkness: The Academy - OOC Talk -- The Lounge

Dawn OOC

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll be out of town for about a week. Since things have been slow, anyone who's posted in Chapter 13 by the time I get back will get 5 bonus xp. Really good updates will earn you at least one, and maybe two bonus xp. This will not count toward your final reward for the chapter; this is an incentive to post for those who haven't since my last update. If you've posted since my last update, then you already have the bonus points plus another 1 xp for a total of six. That's just Renata, who gets another point for her good post, for a total of seven - Renata, enjoy your bonus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What am I not doing to get you guys to post? Please let me know if I need to fastforward through this scene or what. I know I've let things drag but I'm trying to prevent that from happening going forward. So... what can I do to help you guys? :)

• 4 weeks later...

So. I'm going to do the thing that all STs hate to do, but I feel like the time has come, for me. I have been having trouble with Dalton for a while; I was able to produce posts but I have been struggling. I have started to realize that my other games are suffering because by the time I'd wrangled out a post for Dalton, I was too drained to finish a post for something else.

I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I birthed a good idea and then couldn't follow through to the end. I'm sorry to you guys who put in time and effort for naught. I know many of you had characters that you loved here, and I'll help you find homes for them if I can in the future. So I'm sorry about the truncated stories and unfinished sagas. I'm sorry that some of you never got to really even be the person in the spotlight or find out what weirdness was in your background.

And thank you. Thank you for your time and effort. Thank you for the stories and the fun we have had. I wish I could have done better by you, but thank you for all you gave.

It's okay, Dawn...it happens, and it's not a big deal. If the worst thing that happens all night is a fun game ends, that's still a pretty good night all told. :)

I know I was struggling a bit with Dalton too, not because of anything you were doing wrong, but just struggling a bit.

So this is hard, but it will be good. Free up all that creative energy for something that'll work better.

Thanks for making the hard call.

This was one of the first games I joined when I first found this home of mine on the web, and for that I will always be grateful to it and to you, Dawn.

Thank-you for all the effort and time you put into it and I wish I could have kept up the zest and drive that I had when I first arrived here, but times change and we change. And you shouldn't be forcing yourself to prop up one game at the expense of others.

I'm sure Sean and Swan will find a home somewhere else, someday. :D

Archived