World of Darkness: The Academy - OOC Talk -- The Lounge

Dawn OOC

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[Ravi] 5:20 pm: And I see I have been ninja-pwned by an amazon

[Carver] 5:20 pm: Ravi: No worries, they cheated.

[Ravi] 5:21 pm: I thought so

This short conversation led me to an idea: I wanna give you guys 'hero points' when I pull a deux ex machina to screw you guys. Let's call them DeM points. They are a little different than M&M's; they can only be used to re-roll but you have to do it before you know the result. The other restriction is that I want them used in the same chapter I award them, just so that we don't have to track them. The only exception to this is when the points are awarded in the final scene of a chapter.

So, all this leads up to: I fucked you all over by dropping you into an ambush - everyone has 1 DeM point. Wise them wisely, padawans.

Originally Posted By: jameson (ST)
Not an ass, just behaving like a guy does towards his guy friends. If he started treating Sean as a woman that would be worse than just busting his "nuts" about the whole thing as often as he could.

I just pictured Ryan and Sean dating while off-world, then feeling strange and awkward about it at home.

And my asshole comment was me teasing Ryan. I luvs my widdle Ryan. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Dawn, if Oreili is amenable to it, Frida will explain the situation to her, and what's happened to them over the past week - the memory loss, the eventual discovery, even the discovery of Swan, the realization of who she was, and the memory loss on her behalf, if the woman seems defensive or on guard about it after what Sean said - although she will probably spin it a little to make it sound as if they are giving her the benefit of the doubt but still considering her "under suspicion" until her memories start returning as well. She will not make it sound as if Swan is "free to go" whenever she wants, given the situation, but will explain that since Sean found her first when their memories were blank, he's a bit protective of her safety. That is, if it's an issue. If it doesn't come up, she probably won't touch on it more than the basics (she's lost her memory too, the handing over of the sword to Sean to be destroyed, etc).

If she's not amenable to that particular conversation, then I guess we'll deal with that in thread. But if not, you can just assume Frida summed the situation up, ending with their decision to come talk to the Chiderans based upon Brihn's advice (she wont' really discuss Brahn anymore than necessary, and won't focus on him as a source of advice or suggestion in any way).

Feel free to post. Oreili is friendly toward you guys until/unless you fuck it up. wink Remember they regard you guys as heroes and while they won't fall to their knees and offer worship, they will show the women in the group the same respect that a battle-proven warrior would get (little do they know, right?) and the men as warriors (think of the women as getting treated like officers and the men like enlisted in a country that reveres their army). Keep that in mind when you post; you have plenty of leeway with these folks. I'll warn you when you've hung yourself with it. wink

This had to be quoted:

[jameson] 4:01 pm: should Ryan tell his new freind his name?

[Carver] 4:02 pm: Up to you....      firedevil

[jameson] 4:02 pm: ... I -hate- it when you do that

[jameson] 4:03 pm:    cry  

[Carver] 4:03 pm: Ok...

[Carver] 4:03 pm: Up to you, Jim. Entirely up to you. smile     

[Carver] 4:03 pm: Better?

[jameson] 4:04 pm: no ... cause now I'm all paranoid

[Carver] 4:04 pm: C'mon. This is me.

[jameson] 4:04 pm: exactly

[Carver] 4:04 pm: Why would you stop being paranoid.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really have much to contribute to the current thread. The tour seems to have left abruptly, after quite a while of nothing going on in the thread, and no one else is posting. I will try to at least put something up at some point today.

I'm finally home, but I'm utterly drained. Day-long hiking adventure on Friday, ran a 21-player Forsaken game and played in a 50-player Requiem game yesterday, then a ton of ST work and the drive home today. I'd say go ahead and move it on, hon; I'm tapped.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, is something up that I need to change? I can edit posts if people don't know where to go from here. I know that posting has dropped off - do I need to fix something?

On a related note: Ryan, you'll have a reply soon, I was just hoping for someone else to speak up again.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived