Mutants & Masterminds: Harmony City - Red Team: The Visitor

Dawn OOC

Vixen floated in the air, and sniffed, trying to sort out anything unusual about Thirty-One. The Others? Like from that TV show with the 'magic island' that I hate and the hot Iraqi guy I like? "It can be a name, if you want it to be."

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A moment later, Tesseract appears from thin air near the edge of the hole that the burning man had come in through. She gives Ditto an annoyed look.

"Your introduction of me was un..."

Then she catches a better look at the fellow called Thirty-One, and her eyes widen. Whatever she was about to say is lost when her voice fails. Abruptly she snaps a hand up and covers her eyes. This seems to help her steady herself, though her entire face is beet red.

In Thirty-One's general direction she says, "I'm Tessaract. I apologize for any misleading information from my associates."

"I'm... from... home?" Thirty-One tried. After a moment, he shook his head. "It was called Labnine, by the Others. It is... the way I was coming from. I flew so fast, to get away, to stay away." He looked confused, and also, impressively naked.

Ditto hands Thirty-One his robe. "Dude, seriously... cover it up bro."

He stands there in his boxers looking to his gathered team mates. "Guys, I'm all for twenty questions, but having a naked space guy interrogation out here is probably not the best for our young viewers playing the home game. Let's see if we can get him to come back with us to HQ, have some breakfast, get him some clothes, and go from there?"

"How's that sound Thirty-One?" He asked. "If anyone is coming for you, don't worry guy, you have us on your side now. So why not come back to our place, take some time to collect your thoughts and you can tell us what's going on during breakfast."

Thirty-One nodded mutely, staring at the robe for a moment. Then he reverse-imitated - and it was clearly imitation - Ditto's motions of putting on the robe and tied it shut. "Breakfast?" he asked hesitantly, his beautiful eyes looking around the gathered people. "What kind of food is that?"

Dwarfstar looks aorund the group briefly, "Well it would be easier if you came with us rather than trying to explain. If you can fly you could follow us, if not one of us could either carry you back to base, or you could allow Tess here to teleport you back there. It's up to you, and what you would feel most comfortable with?"

"I could follow," he said softly, sounding like taking orders from someone else would be a relief. He tugged the robe around his body a little tighter, which helped Tessa's concentration a bit more. But not completely; he'd have to be in a full robe and hajib for that to happen.

Tessaract did as she proposed, and the others took to the air to get back the headquarters. Thirty-one was silent, his eyes on the city as he flew back.

By the time they were there, Chad had arranged for breakfast and loaner sweats for Thirty-one. His old job working for the LA super heroes had steeled him for such occurences and there wasn't even surprise in his eyes. There was sarcasm. "Perhaps our guest would care to have pants? From the way that robe flaps around, I think someone failed his kilt-wearing class."

"Ahhh, Cheerios." Roxanne sits down, swivelling her chair and straddling is as has become her habit. She tucks in. "So tell us about yourself, Thirty-One. Who's after you and where are you from?" I hope he lets me run a test or two on him. If he's not in the xenobiology database we could learn so much from him.

Tessaract appears abruptly, holding several pairs of pants and a selection of pullover shirts. She drops them unceremoniously in Thirty-One's lap, gives the others present a nod of acknowledgement, then vanishes again.

A moment later she says over the intercom, "Please tell me when he's dressed."

Thirty-one looked confused by Vixen and Dwarfstar's questions, but whatever he was going to say was cut off by Tessa succinct delivery of clothes. "I..." Slowly he stood, and after studying others' clothing, he managed to get the clothes on, though he had the pants backwards. As he sat down, all those oriented toward men in the room had to admit that he made the mundane clothing look sexy.

He ate a spoonful of cereal, his eyes widening at the sweet taste. Without further hesitation, he started to shovel the food into his mouth, speaking between bites. "The Others, from their Storm Palace, they have kept me there. They have others like me, the hybrids. I couldn't get them out." His eyes were sad and he stopped eating for a moment. "Just me."

"The Others. And you." He looked glanced at everyone but Vixen. "The Others would bring in humans, and would create us from them. I'm not sure how, because the equipment is all in other rooms, but I've heard them talking, and I saw them bringing in babies. I was told I was brought into the holding room like that once, by Four."

Ditto had found a boon companion... someone that could shovel food away as fast as he could and still manage to talk through it all... Thirty-Something was just awesome.

As Ditto launched spoonful of cereal into his mouth in between whole pancakes the assembled team had quit worrying long ago if he ever bothered to chew.

"Sho... wemme git dif strayt..." He said with a mouth full off food. "Yera thuper cwone?"

(So let me get this straight, you're a super clone?")

"I don't like the sounds of human babies being taken for experimentation. Can you tell us anything else about these 'Other's' or where they had been keeping you?" commented Dwarfstar as he washed the last of his breakfast down with another mug of coffee.

"It was... in the city," Thirty-one said. His impressive eyes had turned away from them, and he had the feeling he was seeing the place he'd come from again. "There's... water, all around. We were in the lab, and there's no windows. But I got into the hall, and saw the sun and the sea, and I fled.

"I'm not a clone," he added. "I'm an artificially created hybrid."

"What were you hybridized with?" Tessaract asks. "Human, at least partially, but what else?"

She considers, still without looking at him, then adds, "And can you show us the location of the place you escaped from on a map?"

"Mmm..." Ditto grinned and swallowed an impossibly huge mouthful of food, his mailable features allowed his neck to give way and swell up like a cartoon character to accommodate all of it before it reached his stomach. "The sun and the sea... man that reminds me, we got vacation time coming up, I say we hit the Bahamas for bikinis and surfing. That place about all the sun and sea one person can get!"

He was lost for only a moment in his daydream of vacationing in the bikini capitol of the world when the sudden realization that he hadn't eaten anything for over fifteen seconds struck him like a thunderbolt and moved him on to more important things. "Hey," He said as he got up to walk over to the counter. "Anyone want more bacon?"

Click to reveal..

Set Up - Ditto just said something strikingly helpful and set up Vixen with a bonus to her Knowledge (Geography) check to discern the possible area where 31 may have come from.

Ditto is not the smartest guy, but sometimes he says just the right things at just the right times.

Chad brings Vixen several atlases. The problem with most of them is that anything east of the Bahamas within the Bermuda Triangle is a bit iffy. Weather gets really bad out there, erratically; the Bahamas are safe, usually, but much past those islands, things can become dangerous.

After conferring with Thirty-One, he identified Abaco Island as one he passed over on his way there. By all appearances, Thirty-One came from within the No-Man's Land of the Triangle.

"Whatever's happening out there, it seems to be creating beings with abilities violating dimensional limits," Tesseract notes. "I am obliged to investigate."

She looks at each other person, avoiding only their guest's face.

"I can accept a short delay if you wish to join me and need time to prepare."

"I'm for a trip to the Bahamas," Ditto said as he tossed bacon onto his plate. "I had plans to run errands today anyway, we're outta T.P. and Cherry Coke. Let's cruise on down there, pick up this Eight chick, hit the grocery store and be back in time for some grillin' on the roof."

Dwarfstar looks over to Tess, "How about it Tess, do you think you could transport us as far as Abaco island? From there I guess we'll need to make provision for a boat or those that can fly carry those that can't."

Tesseract looks from the beautiful stranger to Dwarfstar, appearing momentarily startled.

"I can take us all directly there at any time," she replies. "As soon as I know who's going, and they let me know they're ready I will do so."

Dwarfstar nods to her reply then looks around the room at teh others, "Well then we better all get ready. If you have anythong you want to pick up I suggest you go get it. We'll meet back here in 10 minutes."

Archived