Mutants & Masterminds: The Indigo Children - Chapter 2: Sorting it All Out

jameson (ST)

Ramani just looked back one more time before catching up with Cole. She briefly brushed shoulders with him expressing how much she cared for him.

Just before she reached the car she had to think about Penny and Randy again. She turned around to face Cole and asked him in a quiet moment, "Why doesn't Penny love Randy?", she was still struggling with that issue. It felt wrong to her that they weren't mates.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wally flicked his ears, taken aback by the abrupt departures.

"Right, well...alright. I was sort of planning on tracking the blighter down, but if everyone's calling it a night, then...all right. Uh. Nice seeing you all again. Y'know, brief as it was..."

"It isn't that she doesn't care for him Ramani, simply that she has another guy that she's dating. She's just good friends with Randy." The male Tiger shrugged, it wasn't his place to really argue any further.

"It isn't as simple with regular people as it is with us." He nuzzles her neck and smiles. Ramani's presence had been one of the sources of true happiness for the young mutant, because he knew he wasn't really alone.

Ramani listened carefully to Cole's words and looked past him to Penny. He could see her eyes squinting briefly as she thought about what he said. Something was formulating in her mind... an idea and she suddenly smiled and looked up at Cole.

"I didn't know there was another one. Why is he not here with us? With her?"

Click to reveal..
There was a brief fantasy of how Ramani got rid of any competition that stood in Randy's way to become Penny's mate. A rather bloody one

Cole looks at her. "Because not everyone is as open-minded as she and Randy are, or any of our parents were."

"Don't you remember that first night we met? How terrified Penny was? If I've learned anything, men react to fear much more violently. That's liable to get them killed around us, so perhaps it's best that Randy's the one she brings around us."

"Despite him aggravating me from time to time, he's a good guy to have around."

Archived