Aberrant: Dead Rising - Grease Monkey [Fin]

Ira Sagebrush

Click to reveal..
Starts the morning after Quarantine burned down, but will progress the whole week, and open to any one that wants to wander by.

After it was decided where they would head next, the morning seemed to breeze by as they took there time getting ready in relative safety; eating, working on communication, listening to music and just a general sense of companionship and comfort that they know would be tainted with the Quest once they left the Refuge.

"Baby, since I don't think we're on any kind of time table and the locals don't seem too crazy, mind if I give the Up Chuck some much needed TLC?" He asked, Everclear's "Don't Fall Down Now" winding down in the background.

"My Knight is more than welcome to groom his steed." she answered in agreement, her lavendar eyes relaxed and playful.

Ira nearly snorted with laughter, "More like performing surgery and a reshoeing than grooming, but yeah."

"This will probably take awhile sugar, you are more than welcome to wander if you want, but I would prefer it if you stayed, still don't trust this place." he said stepping out of the driver's side and popping the hood. Ira really wanted the companionship, but he wasn't gonna say it.

"The Lady does not wander from her Knight's side but to heed the call of her King." she answered.

"I'll take that as you're staying." he said walking to the front of the car and propping up the hood. "You can help baby, I know we're almost outta pusholine, but go ahead and start it so I can see my Steed in stride."

She slid over the black leather bench seat to the middle and turned the key, holding it a little longer than she should have, causing some protest from the faithful transport.

As Ira listened to the engine and watched it move; the belts rotating like oblong hamster wheels, the fan blowing oil-tinged air at him he could hear the failing rod, it wasn't bad yet, but it needed fixed, along with the half-dozen other things he saw or heard, not to mention just the general maintenance of a tune-up.

Ira pushed the hood down and walked around to the open driver's window, absent-mindedly wiping his grimy hands on the back of his sweatpants. "Well baby, I think we're gonna be here awhile, Steed's gone and thrown a shoe."

Cassie bit her lip and muttered something about facing Gethsemane, but didn't object. She looked to him, waiting for him to decide what to do.

Ira knew he needed to get spare parts; problem was that there wasn't exactly an O'Rielly's around here. He'd snagged a few parts from stores he'd seen here and there, but a quick check of the inventory of his trunk showed he didn't have everything he needed.

Someone around here should have parts. He just had to find them. "C'mon, stick with me, sugar," he said, taking Cassie's hand. No way was he leaving her alone around this loony bin.

Twenty minutes later, he had a few leads on people who might be able to help, including one of the Super, Dan Hawkins. "You'll find him in the garage most of the time. Scary motherfucker, you can't miss him."

Dan crawled out from underneath one of the smaller trucks, having just finished its oil change. "Alright Mickey, this one's done, what's next?"

"I think someobody said earlier that one of yer fellows had a busted ride, went looking for parts and expertise. Folks pointed him to you."

Dan sighed. It was well known around Camp he was one of the best mechanics. He doubted it was Bond, the man was a scavenger, and could likely fix his own rig.

"Must be one of the new people." He went over to one of the big sinks and washed his hands, and walked outside, taking a small break from the din of the garage. "Gonna be outside for a few, if you got anything for me let me know."

Dan saw the two new arrivals from last night approaching hand in hand, decidedly more well-rested and less dirty.

Ira had dark blue sweatpants with tribal markings partially obscured by grease and a shirt declaring his fandom of 'Smallville'. Violet-eyed Cassandra was sporting some khaki short shorts, a white babydoll t-shirt that declared her, 'Cute!' and a pair of red Keds.

"Dan?" Ira asked inquisitively, "We met last night, right? I'm Ira Sagebrush, you remember Cassandra."

He approached, offering a hand in greeting.

Dan took the offered hand in a firm handshake and nods to Cassandra. "Hey Ira, Miss Cassandra. How can I help you today?"

He was very polite considering how gruff and uncaring he normally came off. Beneath it he thought these two were crazy after the stuff they spouted the night before, but who was he to judge? Z-day made everyone a little crazy, at the very least.

"Well, word 'round the playground says you're the man to come to concerning cars." Ira said.

Dan's greasy look confirmed what Ira had been told, and with Dan's small nod of agreement, he continued, "You see, my Nova was never intended to do what's it done, waging a war upon the country's asphalt while fending off zombies was not what it signed up for. We had agreed that it would take me the short trips to work and school and nothing more."

Ira paused a moment before continuing, "But now, she's 'bout ready to lose a rod, the knock has been getting louder, and while I pride myself on being able to just about tear that engine apart and put it back together... one, I don't have the parts, and two, I'd rather have some help."

"She can't redeem you," Cassie said suddenly. "She brings only death. The one you seek lives in darkness; you must follow the branded woman into Hell to find her." She wasn't looking exactly at Dan or Ira; her eyes were to the west, and it was only after she was done talking that she looked at the two men.

Dan nodded. "I can do that. Could start today if you want, but I'm goin outa town tomorrow, got something I need to check out. I' be willing to get back to it the day after though."

He looks at Cassandra. "Speaking prophecy that no one believes, yet always comes true. That was the accursed burden of the origina Cassandra was it not?"

He kept his tone neutral, not patronizing at all. He was genuinely curious now.

He looked over at Cass and muttered, "Hope that wasn't directed at me."

He looked back at Dan, flipping his Presley shades up on his head and squinting a bit as his eyes adjusted, "Sounds great, I'll drive her over here and we can start tearing her apart, if you don't mind, I'll keep working on it while you're gone, if I can use your tools."

He looked over at Cassandra, a quick nod of his head sliding his sunglasses back on it what appeared to be a practiced motion.

Let her try to answer first, I can't defend everything.

Cassandra shrugged, looking clueless but not being bothered by her lack of knowledge at all. "I am called Cassandra," she said. "I am the red phone on the desk." She shrugged again. "I have a broken tongue - is that what you turn over rocks for?"

• 2 weeks later...

It didn't take long before the Up-Chuck was coasting to a stop near the garage. The first day of work revolved mostly around tearing the poor girl down, but with the hood removed, a person could almost stand inside the engine cavity to work on it, which Ira did as he worked.

Dan took the more logical approach, leaning over and working from the front or other side as he tore the front apart, taking off the grill, radiator, belts and fan as he worked his way to the 'real' front of the engine.

"So Dan...Seems like you guys got a nice setup here." Ira said, tossing out the distributor cap in annoyance, as it had caught on his pants for the umpteenth time.

Dan continued his work dismantling everything. "We have to Ira. If these vehicles break down we lose our main means of resupply. The vehicles of the refuge have to be in perfect working order. That's part of the reason they like me here, I used to moonlight as a Mechanic in the motorpool at Camp Lejune. Compared to what I worked on there, all this stuff is a peice of cake."

"Yeah...hand me that socket?" Ira said, pointing.

Dan grabbed the wrench from one of the shop towels drapped over the side of the car and handed it to Ira.

"So you got all the parts here huh? Guys raid a parts warehouse?" he added, working on the bolts of the push rod cover. "If you guys got a stock, wouldn't mind trading for some spare Nova parts, can't imagine you seeing a beast like this again."

"We've got mostly generic stuff, and I raided a couple of Car lots and machine shops for the big rigs here and there. There's likely something you can use, even if it ain't exact."

It was one of Dan's little secrets, how he got the parts for everything. He'd borowed a flatbed once and come back with a full load of vehicle parts, and since then had done so more than once. Unfortunately there wasn't alot left nearby.

"You guys really should try for a warehouse, all the parts stores usually feed off one or two supply dealers, you find one of those places, could damn near build your own rig dude."

Ira swore under his breath as his blue mechanic-gloved hand slipped on the grimy bolt as he tried to finish pulling it out. "Damn gloves."

• 5 weeks later...

Violet had spent half of the night thinking about Cassandra. That girl was oddly familiar. Maybe she was just making things up but something was going on with her. She refused to accept that their matching eyes were just coincidence and it bugged her that she wasn’t unique anymore. Even though Cassandra was still no match for her in regards to her beauty she had taken something from her that Violet had considered her own till now. Something that was a unique trait of hers.

She tried to rationalize it but had no success. Even if there was a connection between the two it should be between Jennifer and Cassandra. Violet was… artifical – created by Jennifer. There is no past they could share – no origin. Violet and Cassandra couldn’t be sisters – not biologically and if they were things would get really scary.

Jennifer and Cassandra had nothing in common so that option was off the table – why only did it bother her that much?

Violet decided to take a walk and try to find her – maybe she could find out more about that girl if she agreed to talk about it. She was so lost in her thoughts that she forgot to put on her cloak that covered most of her body and would help her keep a lower profile. The men circling the club immediately raised their heads to get a better look at her. Some remained cautious not sure if James or someone else would follow her out of the building – but the door remained shut.

As Violet walked down the main street of the refuge she didn’t notice the small pack of men that was trailing her waiting for an opportunity to get her all alone. It didn’t take long for her to realize what was happening and she nervously steered away from unwatched places. Violet wasn’t in the mood for that kind of attention right now.

After some asking around where she could find the newcomers someone directed her towards the right direction and Violet quickly made her way to find them. From the distance she could already see Dan talking with the young man who was Cassandra’s friend(?) or lover. With a sigh of relief she waved at Dan hoping that the men following her would change their minds now. Dan commanded enough respect to keep them at bay.

Violet closed in to the scene and smiled at Dan. “Are you helping out the newcomers? Always on duty I suppose, eh?”, she put her hands on her hips and looked at the men expectantly while she tried to spot Cassandra.

Dan sees Violet and her unofficial Retinue and moves up into closer proximity to her. "In one way shape or form Violet that is true."

He smiles, something he'd been doing more lately. "There something I can help you with today?" his eyes flicked behind her to indicate the men who had stopped a ways behind her, then came back to her.

"How's James?"

Cassie was sitting on the floor next to Ira; when she saw Violet approaching, she seemed to pull into herself. It was almost comical, as if she were trying to hide behind Ira's leg. Her violet eyes were wary as she watched the impossibly beautiful woman approach.

Violet gave Dan a relieved smile thankful for his intervention. “James is doing ok – the sisters are taking care of him. I’m looking for Cassandra…”, she said as she spotted the young girl trying to hide behind Ira.

“…and I think I’ve found her.”, Violet took a step sideways to get a better look at the young couple. She briefly watched them hesitating briefly before she addressed Cassandra.

“Would you mind if we talked a bit?”, she gave the young couple her warmest smile and winked with a flirtatious undertone at Ira.

Ah, crap.

Ira got a glance of her as she approached and was trying his damndest to focus on the engine and task at hand, but despite his every force of will, he couldn't help but look at the woman. Having Cass basically hanging on him helped, but not enough, and eventually even that turned to thoughts of a threesome.

"Wh-Why would I mind sugar? Free world." Ira responded as he offered a hand down to Cass.

Zombie babies, zombie babies...ahh fuck, who'm I kiddin'. Wanna rip her clothes off and throw her over the Beast right now.

Violet gave Ira another smile that promised him just what he thought and for a moment it looked as if Violet would rip off her clothes but instead her hand just rested briefly on the neckline of her shirt giving him a better view of her generous cleavage.

“Actually I wanted to talk to Cassandra alone, but if I get her only with you I’ll oblige. So are you game?”, her voice was alluring and the way she stood there with her other hand resting on her hips emphasized the sex she virtually oozed.

Cassie looked at the ground, biting her lip. She seemed shy, but didn't hesitate to take Ira's hand, even as a prelude to being handed off to Violet. For all of her relunctance, she offered no resistance to walking with Violet, alone. She still glanced at Ira, waiting for him to give permission, or maybe reassurance.

Hell yeah baby, I'm game!

"I think she'll go with you, without me, not driving Miss Daisy."

As he handed Cass over, he nodded and smiled at her, trying to let her know it would be ok. "Go ahead my lady, your knight shall guard the castle and await your safe return."

Violet carefully took the offered hand and smiled reassuringly at Cassandra. “Don’t worry – I just want to talk.”

She then looked at Dan nodding at him, “I’ll keep within your sight just in case one of those losers decides to lose his head.”, Violet turned around giving both men a good look at her curvaceous profile and looked back over her shoulder at Ira.

“I shall return her safely, oh valiant Knight.”, she said blowing him a kiss with a wink and then slowly walked away with Cassandra.

After a few steps she carefully tried to catch Cassandra’s eyes before she spoke, “I don’t know how to properly phrase this – but do you know me from somewhere? Ever since I saw you I can’t stop thinking about our first encounter. You touched me like… like you knew me.”

Is there a connection between the two of us? She didn’t know how to ask her but she knew she had to know. But what if her answer was yes? Violet hadn’t given that much thought and only realized now that she had not considered the consequences. What would that mean?

She shook her head briefly to get rid of those thoughts and looked at Cassandra hoping to get an answer that wouldn’t freak her out.

Cassie seemed unreasonably shy, her eyes remaining on the ground until Violet caught her chin and lifted her face. Several of the men watching licked their lips; one hovered just shy of rubbing his groin, instead pretending he was scratching his stomach. One of them started to whisper, "Kiss her. Kiss her!"

Cassie was shaking as she met Violet's eyes. "The cement is hardened, the line is drawn," she whispered to the supernaturally beautiful woman. "The chicanery is ready, the seducement set.

"Death has set his sights on new prey. And someday, you will curse the day you met me." Her lovely eyes were haunted as she spoke, and she flinched, as if she expected Violet to hurt her.

Right now Violet wanted to kill the men but she had to focus on what Cassandra was saying. Violet was having a hard time to figure out what she wanted to say – what her riddles meant.

“Do you mean a trap? A deadly trap?”, Violet asked carefully this time reaching out with her senses to get in tune with Cassandra’s emotional state. The second part of her sentence was pretty clear – she’d curse the day she met her. There was no riddle attached to that.

Click to reveal..

Still her initial question remained unanswered and it bothered her more than she was willing to admit. “Cassie – I need to know. Is there a connection between the two of us, is there a reason you look like a sister of mine? Have you always looked like this?”, she bowed her head once to emphasis her point especially regarding the resemblance both women shared.

Frustration, enough to choke on, was Cassie's primary emotion, but there was fear and guilt there, too. Still, she shook her head at Violet and said, "Fate made us poor mirrors. I had orbs of earth, but you took my crown." She frowned as she said, "We were constructed to call Death."

Her frustration increased and her hands knotted up into fists. Ira, watching from the car, recognized the signs that his lady was getting irritated by her inability to communicate clearly. "The story is dire, and I won't tell it for being a miser, and can't say it for my broken tongue!" She was getting upset, her agitation rising with each word.

Oh… that’s intense. Why do all these people have so strong emotions? Violet asked herself while she carefully placed a hand on Cassandra’s shoulder.

“It’s ok, honey. I didn’t mean to upset you. I’m having trouble deciphering what you say… what about your friend, does he know better?”, she looked over to Ira keeping an eye on Cassandra’s reaction.

Orbs of earth and I took her crown…?, Violet wasn’t sure how to interpret that and looked down her own cleavage getting a vague impression of what Cassandra might meant.

Constructed to call Death…, she was lost on that one. Hopefully Ira would help her out.

sigh

"Don't think we're finishing anything before sunset Dan, my man." Ira said, setting down his tools and wiping his hands off on a shop rag as he started walking over to the girls.

His unquestionable attraction to Violet, even if she was sorta creepy-perfect and too chesty, was momentarily pushed down for his concern for Cassandra. Her inability to convey her thoughts must be frustrating to no end. Having the ability to speak, but then nothing but riddles emerge would be enough to drive a sane person mad.

"You okay baby?" he asked, putting a comforting hand on her shoulder as he closed the distance. Giving Violet an accusatory look of 'what the fuck did you do to my girl?'

Violet sighed sensing Ira’s displeasure about the seeming conflict between the two women. “I did nothing – I just asked her something and I’m having trouble understanding her answer. She said something about the two of us being constructed to call Death but I can’t make anything out of it. I can sense that she is emotionally frustrated and haunted by it. I mean you guys no harm – I just want to know something… I need to know something…”

Violet looked at the young couple hoping not to sound too desperate about her request.

• 2 weeks later...

Ira slipped a comforting arm around Cass and embraced her as she hugged him, though sharing in Violet's frustration as he too didn't have a clue as to what the young girl was saying half the time.

"Okay, whaddya need to know?" He asked, still slightly annoyed, though his frustration was quickly fading as he basked in the awesomeness of the busty beauty.

Violet shifted her stance from one foot to the other swaying seductively with her hips as she placed on hand on her wasp like waist. As she moved the other arm up to wipe a strand of hair out of her face it made her breasts bulge again generating more cleavage than Ira has ever seen before. It also made obvious that Violet wasn't wearing a bra and that the effect she caused wasn't thanks to a push up bra. It was all her.

Just before Violet answered she had a brief fantasy of Ira, Cassandra and herself under a shower. It made her smile and then she realized what she was doing.

"I... I am just trying to figure one thing out. I don't know if you haven't realized it yet, but your girlfriend looks a lot like me... well, like a younger sister of mine. And I don't mean just the eyes. I just want to know if she was always like that or if... if something changed her? She babbled something about fate and mirrors and I took her crown.", she tried to recall what Cassandra just said. "Oh, and that we were constructed to call Death. That sounds rather scary. Can you make anything out of that?"

Again Violet's bodylanguage implied that she was looking for something else than just answers.

I can make a whole lot outta...zombie babies, zombie babies, zombie babies

Ira took a deep breath before he spoke, trying to clear his thoughts before he opened his mouth. "She's a super person like me, baby." he said, looking clumsy as tried to look impressive. "Voices talk to her and reveal what is written, and what they want her to do. Death is who she escaped I think. Really don't know a whole lot sugar, sorry."

You look like Cass after a gazillion dollars of Malibu Medical. Sure know how to work it though...oh yeah baby...

He is a super, too? I wasn't aware of that..., Violet smiled again showing just a short flash of her perfectly white teeth. Again another fantasy about her and Ira making out under the shower sent shivers down her spine. Violet put one hand playfully on the neckline of her V-cut T-Shirt looking absentminded while she spoke. She still had that image in her mind, it was wet... very wet.

"I... There is someone out there called Death and he is after her? Can... Can you ask her if she and I, well if, she and I are connected somehow. If there is a reason she looks like my younger twin-sister? And what's that babble about me stealing her crown and twin-orbs of Earth? I really need to know. I tried to read her emotions but she is very agitated and upset about her inability to answer my question in a sensible way for me. I wish I could help her.", the last part really sounded sincere although Violet's eyes wandered over Ira's and Cassandra's bodys checking them both out. She didn't realize that her eyes remained on his crotch for too long before she looked up at him again.

Did she just give us both an up-down? Hellooo...wonder what Cass thinks.

"Cassandra is more than capable of speaking for herself, she is right here." Ira said, looking over Violet's body again, this time much more obviously.

This can't be happening.

Cassie seemed to be trying. Despite her agitation - which included stepping away from both of them and stomping her foot once - she was attempting to communicate more.

Looking to Violet, she took a deep breath and spoke. "You are a wooden duck," she said as clearly as she could, overstating her pronunciation in an attempt to be understood. Her eyes flickered over Violet and Ira before she snapped angrily, "You need an ablution in Antarctica." It wasn’t clear who she was talking to, but she continued and it became clear she was talking to Violet. “My first car – you have a garage! Go drive one of yours!”

Suddenly, she stopped and her shoulders sagged. “Price too great… Owe too much, not really a wooden duck. Not a tool,” she said, blinking against sudden tears. She grabbed Ira’s hand and put it in Violet’s, wrapping her fingers around theirs so that they were holding each other. Her beautiful eyes met Violet’s beseechingly. “Don’t damage the leather seats. Want the keys back.” She kissed Ira’s cheek; as he gazed at her befuddled, tears began to roll down her face – and she disappeared as there was a pop of air attempting to fill the spot she’d just been in.

The sudden emotional outburst brought Violet back to reality. As Cassandra spoke she noticed how much she had hit on both of them without intention. She cursed herself for being unable to suppress what she did. She couldn't turn it off, it was always there... always demanding and she felt the craving for intimacy well up again in her as Cassandra put Ira's hand in hers.

Before she could protest the young girl was gone, disappeared into thin air, just like that. Violet looked at Ira with honest eyes. "I... I'm sorry, I didn't want to... I can't control it.", she apologized hoping Ira wouldn't freak out right there. If anything she'd wanted all three of them to be happy and not exclude Cassandra... but that left out the very likely fact that Cassandra wouldn't be into this "kind of thing". Not everyone was wired like Violet - actually only a very small number wouldn't mind sleeping with the same sex.

And still as she apologized her body was moving into the offensive making a half step towards Ira offering him a better sight and better access to her generous assets. His hand in hers was too much of a stimulus for her to withstand. She almost wanted to kiss him.

Archived