Mutants & Masterminds: Future Imperfect - Chapter 3.2: Divide and Conquer

Joani

The taking of the Wal-Mart went relatively smooth. The kids around Six set-up ‘base’ in the camping area gathering all kinds of edibles, utility tools and equipment which suited the ‘survival gear’ labe.

In the meanwhile Captain Hicks managed to get the group on the roof of the building. He had brought a map from the city and had it folded out on the ground marking several spots with a red pen.

“Alright – these spots are known patrol areas of the Robots. I think we should try to draw their attention to two opposite sides and hope they’ll divide their forces more or less evenly. Sly, you need to contact Travis once we made our first shot – from then on there is no turning back. Time is not on our side so make sure your hits count. Tom and Grav, from what I’ve heard you’re heavy hitters so I guess you two team up while the twins do the same with the other attack team. Tim – I’m not sure what you feel more comfortable with but I suggest copying Tom’s or Grav’s powers would be most effective for us – so we’d have a backup heavy hitter. Rebecca stays with Six and Juno you take point in either teams while I do the same on the other. Sly – it’s up to you if you stay here with the kids or come with one of the teams. In the latter case I can provide you with 3 EMP-Grenades which should slow down these suckers a bit buying us some time if the going gets tough.”

Hicks sighed before he looked up at the Joshua, “I honestly don’t know how to put you into effect – you’re a scout? How fast can you respond to your little ‘goblins’? Any intel we can get on the field will benefit our situation a lot. Or make a suggestion of your own, it’s up to you. Keep your personal risk at a minimum, ok?”

In the distance the huge alien ship hovered over the MIC and cast a long dark shadow over the city. It’s presence was frightening but today this madness had to end.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Tim first arrived at the Wal-Mart, he sped through it selecting clothing, reading material, and electronics. It took him about 2 minutes to gather a cart full of stuff which he carefully set apart as his own 'survival gear', which was quite different from the survival gear the kids grabbed. Tim's stuff was everything a college kid could want, sans the booze and drugs. He wasn't being selfish, just resourceful.

"If we want to get 'in and out', I will have to copy Grav's powers- her portal has to be one of those." Tim munched on a Twix bar, oblivious of the crumbs and small chocolate pieces he dribbled on the floor. "I would need to head out with the twins, so that when we make our strike, we can get back. We would only have a few minutes though, because I will run out of juice real fast...unless one of the Twins is willing to let me borrow some of theirs."

I'm going to grab it if I need it anyways, so you both might as well volunteer, Tim found himself thinking

Once they got into the store, since the younger kids were out and about gathering the vital things, Savannah went to find more appropriate clothing. She changed into a simple pair of girl's jeans and a long-sleeved t-shirt. She also managed to find a pair of socks and some fairly sturdy boots to wear. She knew her twin would probably do the same, and when she made it back, she sat down quietly, waiting for the rest of them. She left it to Simon to grab any important stuff she hadn't thought of for them.. he was better at that sort of thing than she was.

Once Hicks started to speak, she paid full attention, and after a moment, finally spoke up.

"I don't know what your definition of a "heavy hitter" is, sir.. but I'm sure Simon and I will do fine. Tim.. you're more than welcome to take from my brother and I if it's needed - you're part of the team. I do hope if you have the opportunity, you can check with one of us first so that we can decide which one would be more suited to charge from. It will depend on what's going on at the time. Tactically, I'm sure you can see the advantage in that."

Annalise made a similar raid before leaving, stopping first in sporting goods for one of the heavy duty dufflebags and then loading it with clothing, batteries, and several packages of sterno-cans. She gathered up a couple of art pads a ruler and some graph paper, just in case she had a need to do something relaxing. She also stopped at the knife counter, searched a moment for the keys and picked out a large buck knife and a smaller swiss army knife.

"Don't forget to check the backroom recieving areas. These stores often have a great deal of merchandise in btheir backrooms, both foodstuffs and general merchandise. There's plenty of small propane stoves and fuel cans so we can cook things if we need to."

She nods to Sly. "This store does have firearms, and ammunition if you want it, here are the keys. You'll have to remove the safety locks to use them though."

Tom also did his own shopping on arriving at the Wal-Mart. Remembering what Hicks had said about the repeated use of EMP devices he ignored the electronics and concentrated on picking up several changes of clothing, some hunting/camping clothes in shades more suitable for an urban environment, a couple of pairs of comfortable boots that he could run in and some energy/breakfast bars. Once Annalse mentioned the gun cabinets he picked up a semi-auto pistol (9mm Glock) and a box of ammo with some spare clips, using the moderate sized Leatherman and the complicated Swiss Army knife he picked up to release the safety locks and showing Six and a couple of the others how to do so. Putting everything that wouldn't fit in it's own holster or the pockets on his trousers or hunting vest into a backpack.

Grabbing his stuff after Hicks briefing Tom moves over to Grav, "Hi, I'm Tom in case you'd missed it so far. Do you prefer Annalise or Grav in this setting? Any preference as to which side we hit?"

Sieg grabbed himself some clothes and nabbed to large backpacks for himself and Savannah, stuffing them full of non-perishable food, the best first-aide kit he could find, energy drinks, and a camping cookware set for each of them. As an afterthought he grabbed a couple of oversized shirts and some sweatpants and crammed them in to, just in case. The backpacks full, he headed back to where everyone was gathering and slipped in place beside his sister in time to hear her offering to Tim. He nodded to the power-chameleon.

"Yeah, that would probably work well. If you've only got a limited time with a power it seems like a pretty big risk to depend on you for something from someone who's not there. I'd rather know exactly what we have to work with than run out of something we thought we had halfway through the fight or running away from the fight."

Juno went and got a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt and stuffed them into a backpack, then went back to Hicks to watch the others shop.

After a few minutes she said, "So I was thinking. What if we open up the distraction with something big? Like, find a gasoline truck and drive it right at the MIC. They'll shoot it out, but when the tank goes up, it'll be a huge fireball to get their attention, you know? Like a big signal flare saying 'the bad guys are over here.'"

"How much time were we going to spend?" Tim asks the others. "I..I don't know how long it will last. If it is less than 5 minutes, we will be ok. I can probably extend it for another 5 minutes if I borrow a little juice from each of you. That gives us a maximum time of 10 minutes from the time I copy Annalis's power to us coming back." Tim watched the others come back with weapons and he decided he would grab a nice fat .357. Before rushing off towards the weapon's area, he gestures to the twins.

"We had better make sure that we have it planned out to the minute. Of course, if it is only a minute or so, I can help blow shit up."

Tom grins, "Actually since we got captured I seem to have gotten faster and more agile, including becoming effectively ambidextrous. So I'm happy to go anyway you want. We didn't get a chance to see you use anything but the wormhole thing on the other ship, you reckon your up to doing some decent damage to these things?"

Joshua spent the first few moments following the lead of the other mutants. A quick change of his clothes brought a small amount of relief to him. Once done he headed over with the rest to hear out Hicks plan.

Originally Posted By: Joani Reikspar

Hicks sighed before he looked up at the Joshua, “I honestly don’t know how to put you into effect – you’re a scout? How fast can you respond to your little ‘goblins’? Any intel we can get on the field will benefit our situation a lot. Or make a suggestion of your own, it’s up to you. Keep your personal risk at a minimum, ok?”

"I get the information from my 'goblins' as they receive it. I can also make them do various different tasks as well. I know my way around the city here as well. Heck I've been living on the streets for a while now. It should be easy for me to lead us around without to much trouble."

Savannah stood up, taking the bag Simon offered her, and slipping it onto her shoulders. It was a bit surreal - they both looked like normal teenagers about to head off to a college campus, instead of off to destroy super-robots. They both followed Tim back so that they could plan while he picked out a firearm.

"I'd say go ahead and pull from her now, we'll warp to one of the patrol areas. Part of it depends on how fast we find one I guess. If we find one fast I don't think it'll take long. We've never timed it or anything, but.. we're pretty destructive, when we put our minds to it. But if it does take too long, and we can't warp back, then pull from Simon, and you can manipulate the wind currents around you in order to fly out. Just don't do anything stupid, and fly directly here - we'll want to get someplace where they can't see us. Simon will carry me if that happens."

Savannah watched him as he chose the gun and ammunition he wanted, and bit her lip.

"That's it, I guess. Oh - and you might want to grab a jacket or something. The temperature can fluctuate around us quite a bit, so best to be prepared. Other than that.. you guys ready?"

Savannah tried not to look too excited at the process of getting to blow up giant robots, but failed dismally. This was going to be the first time they'd ever gotten to proactively use their powers for anything more than small demonstrations of affection, or self-defense. This time they were taking the fight to someone else, and that idea seemed to suit the young woman.

Sly opened the gun cabinet and picked out a mossberg pump action shotgun figuring it had to be the easiest thing to use. He'd seen enough of them on cop shows and stuff. Even so it took a moment to figure it out and get some shells inside. It did make a satisfying shuu-shuunnnk, noise as he chambered a shell. He knew the gun would do jack against the terminators, but it was comforting to have any anyway. He grabbed a glock 40 while he was at it and got someone to show him how to load and ready it for use. He was pretty sure he could remember to flick the little safety off before pointing it at a bad guy. The pistol would be of even less use against the robots, but they weren't the only things that might threaten the walmart shoppers.

"I'll stick here and avoid the fighting if I can. I'll keep in contact with Travis on the strike team since he volunteered and the Twins on the distraction team. From here I can coordinate you guys. I'm gonna be hiding someplace dark and quiet so one of the kids can keep a watch out in the store and warn me if someone comes."

He listened to their advice and picked up a camoflage hunting jacket. While he was there, he thumbed through several books on hunting and weapon's maintenance. After a few minutes, he knew how to load, clean and maintain a variety of weapons, including his newly acquired .357.

Quote:
I'd say go ahead and pull from her now, we'll warp to one of the patrol areas.

"So we are ready to go then?" Tim asked a little confused. "I am still hurt from the other day, as noone saw fit to heal my wounds. I am also drained from healing the others earlier."

Click to reveal..

WP: 4

Bruised

QP: 20/28

"I think we are. I'm sorry you're still hurt - I appreciate you healing us the other day, if I could so the same for you I would. But don't worry - we'll keep the attention off you, and hit them as fast as possible, then get out. All you should have to do is open that portal for us. If you need to pull from us to get us out of there, I understand - but the more energy we have, the bigger of an impact we can make, and hopefully that will get us out of there safely. I think the other group was going to get started right away.. so we should probably get going too. We should probably check with Hicks before we go..."

As she spoke, the reached the military man, looking ready to go.

"Sir.. should we get started, then?"

Click to reveal..

WP: 3

QP: 28/28

Tim shrugs his shoulders and mutters "Ok" to himself. He walks over to Annalise, speaks a few words to her, and touches her on the shoulder.

(OOC: Can you PM me Grav's powers so I know what Tim is grabbing in addition to Warp.)

Click to reveal..
Quantum Imprint: dropping mega to avoid virus damage- rolls 7d10 and gets 10,2,10,10,6,10,8. [5 sux]

QP: 18

[T-1]Tim walks towards the twins and nods back to Annalise and the others: They were ready to go.
Click to reveal..

[T-2+3] Activates Warp: rolls 6d10 and gets 8,6,6,3,7,10 [3 sux]

QP: 14

"Lets go."

(OOC: It says maintenance powers are good for a scene out of combat, but since we are heading into combat, I will keep track of the turns as they pass.)

Following Hicks plan two teams quickly formed and prepared to strike. Tim concentrated briefly and opened a warp to the location they had agreed on striking first while the second team would do the same on the opposite side.

Hicks pulled Juno to the side and smiled at her. "The idea with the gasoline truck is not bad. But I don't want you to take more risk than necessary. I've got an explosive charge with timer right here.", he gave her a device that was not larger than a DVD. "Just push here real hard and you set it off. Timer is hardwired to 30 seconds - I hope you can cover as much ground as possible in the meantime."

He nodded towards the Warp Tim just opened. "Godspeed".

(ooc:please roll for initiative and make a perception+awareness roll once you're throug the warp. State your actions in your next post)

Hicks then moved to Grav and Tom waving Joshua to him. "Ok - this is how it goes. Grav you open that warp to this location.", he pointed out a marked circle on the map which was just across the location of Tim's team.

"Once we're through I want you to scout the area with your little helpers. Tom you stay close to Grav while I mark our target. On my sign you open fire on it. Josh - you cover our backs and locate a point for us to fall back. I want to make at least 3 runs and keep them busy. You just fire away and hit cover right after it. I don't want any hero-shit or solo-actions. Those are real bullets and you're going to die if you get hit. No replay, no insert coin to continue. You got that?"

-------

Six had the kids fairly well organised. He had some experience in 'raiding' Walmarts which he finally could put to some good use. The gang had organised some shortwave walkie-talkies and handed them out to everyone who was in 'charge' of a raiding party. As long as they kept moving inside the building they had at least a way to communicate with eachother.

"I suppose you won't need this but just in case you want to do this the old fashioned way.", Six said smiling at Sly and handed him a walkie-talkie. The kid was trying to sound confident but Sly could sense how terrified he actually was. Keeping him busy was the only thing that kept him from breaking up and start crying.

[T=4]

Tim had never stepped through a warp, and he was thrilled by the experience. To travel through the interveining space, instantaneoulsy brought his Sci-fi imaginings into reality. Once through however, it was another thing, as he watched the twins and the surrounding area for any hostilities. He would have to rely on them for protection for the moment.

Click to reveal.. (initiative)
ChatBot: (Tim_Wiley) rolls 2d10 and gets 7, 10. Takes lowest roll.

Initiative 18

Click to reveal.. ( Perception +Awareness)
ChatBot: (Tim_Wiley) rolls 9d10 and gets 6,6,4,9,2,5,5,3,2. [1 sux]

Savannah clung to her brother's hand, stumbling a little as the emerged on the other side of the warp. She muttered quietly as she straightened herself up and glanced around.

"Ugh.. not the funnest method of travel."

Click to reveal..

Per + Aware: (22:44:08) ChatBot: (Savannah) rolls 5d10 and gets 4,5,6,4,10 = 1 suxx

Initiative: (22:55:35) ChatBot: (Savannah) rolls 1d10 and gets 9. 7 + 9 = 16

Juno wobbled on her feet a bit, then shook it off. "I dunno...I could get used to it. It's sort of roller coastery."

She grinned at Savannah and looked around. "Okay, I'm gonna go find me one of those big gas tankers. I think there's a gas station not far from here..."

(Init: 8

Perc+Awareness: 1 succ

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2025122/ )

He held on to her, helping her balance and taking stock of their new surroundings. He nodded to Juno, "Be careful. Let's not be targets until we choose to be. And check the place for anyone holing up in there."

Click to reveal..

Perception (w/Observant speciality & 1 Mega-Per) + Awareness:

9d10 → [7,4,5,10,2,6,2,1,10] = 5 suxx

Initiative:

1d10 → [10] = (10) Dex + Wit + Roll = 17

Grav opened a warpgate to the location and got Tom through and closed it, then immediately sought out a good place to hide until they attacked and looked around for their target. "Looks like I finally see how effective my powers really are."

Click to reveal..
Stealth check

(21:27:00) ChatBot: (Grav) rolls 6d10 and gets 8,9,2,1,10,5.

(21:27:08) ChatBot: (Grav) rolls 2d10 and gets 5,1. (3 (successes)

Perception+awareness check

(21:27:25) ChatBot: (Grav) rolls 6d10 and gets 7,1,10,4,10,1.

(21:27:34) ChatBot: (Grav) rolls 1d10 and gets 10.

(21:27:41) ChatBot: (Grav) rolls 1d10 and gets 3. (six successes)

Initiative (21:32:09) ChatBot: (Grav) rolls 1d10 and gets 5.

(5+13= 18)

Tom motions Joshua ahead of him through the gate after Grav, then finds cover close to her so that he can try to stop her taking any damage if things go pear shaped. Once in cover he checks on the location of any visible targets, and to see what Joshua is up to with his 'goblins'.

Click to reveal..

Stealth = [2]+4+1 = 7dice

(14:12:21) ChatBot: (Tom_Davies) rolls 7d10 and gets 10,3,6,9,2,4,7.

= 3+2 = 5 sux smile

Awareness = [1]+4+2 = 7dice

(14:13:55) ChatBot: (Tom_Davies) rolls 7d10 and gets 3,7,6,1,5,6,10.

= 2 sux

Both teams found their situation a surprise after stepping through the Warps. The city was barely recognisable. Buildings were severely damaged and the streets were littered with rubble, debris and dead bodies.

Close by the alien robots were patrolling the area.

(ooc: Tim's team)

Juno made out a gas station just around the corner to the far end of the block. It would take her a good sprint of at least 200 metres to get there if she went straight line. Unfortunately that would draw the attention of at least two of the robots to her.

The team had some scarce cover from their position but they would have to act swiftly. It wouldn't take long before one of the robots would come close enough to actually see them.

(ooc: You guys have the initiative on your side you get one free shot if you act within the next 10 seconds or roughly 3 combat turns. Tim you're counting down your turns when we actually enter combat. Till then your Imprint will not be affected)

(ooc: Grav's team)

Grav had chosen a slightly better covered position for the Warp-Gate but unfortunately it gave them less field of vision. They couldn't see any of the robots but there was this eerie sense of foreboding as if one could walk around the corner any second.

(ooc:You'll have to stealth yourselves to a better position to get another Per/Awareness roll. Or you wait for Joshua's goblins to report back. Either case you are not in combat yet)

Tom was worried by the lack of line of sight and so activates his enhanced hearing, trying to pin point the location of any robots around them.

Click to reveal..

2qp to activate enhanced hearing safely

Per+ Awareness = 7 dice

(22:10:22) ChatBot: (Tom_Davies) rolls 7d10 and gets 8,9,5,7,9,10,10.

= 2+5 = 7 sux

Tim looked at the gas station and the robot moving in their direction. His razor-sharp mind quickly analyzed their situation and scanned across possible problems and successes with making a direct assault against the robot, then proceeding to the gas station to blow it.

Click to reveal.. ( Analyze Weakness on a direct assault)
(18:50:34) ChatBot: (Tim_Wiley) rolls 7d10 and gets [3,10],5,2,7,3,9.

Rerolling 10 for Discerning.

(18:50:54) ChatBot: (Tim_Wiley) rolls 1d10 and gets 7. [6 sux]

Siegfried moved himself away from what would no doubt soon be a blast radius, getting somewhere where he could study the robots for a moment. He assumed Savi would follow.

*Let me get a good look at it, and then we'll go with whatever seems best to destroy it. I want to see if we think we could take on several of them at once, or need to keep this all single file.*

Click to reveal..

Analyze Weakness:

5d10 → [5,1,5,5,3] = (19) Botch....have fun with that. laugh

Health: Unharmed

WP: 3/3

QP: 27/28

Grav lets Tom do his own thing but keeps herself low while activating her own defensive measures and trying to sneak her way to a better vantage point

Click to reveal..
(Activating gravitic shield safely (4qp)

Stealth check

(20:43:05) ChatBot: (Grav) rolls 6d10 and gets 2,8,8,2,2,10.

(20:43:10) ChatBot: (Grav) rolls 2d10 and gets 7,5.

5 successes

19 qp remaining.

"Tim," Juno said, coming up beside the other mutant.

"Any chance you could distract those robots while I grab that gas tank truck? Me and Hicks worked out a plan."

She shows Tim the bomb.

"We're supposed to be a distraction. Figure a couple thousand tons of burning gas on their front porch'll do that."

Savannah shook her head at Tim and Juno firmly - Tim was no fighter, and he was their surest bet for a speedy escape. No reason to put him in danger, and if they wanted to act, they had to do it now, while they still had the element of surprise.

"No - we'll take care of the robots..."

(Placeholder, will post more when I get info from Joani about what Simon was able to surmise, he would have relayed it to Savannah immediately, and she'd act on it just as quickly. Sorry, guys, I just *can't* post yet, but we're in battle rounds now, and we only have those ten seconds.)

[Tim's Team]

Originally Posted By: Tim Wiley
Tim looked at the gas station and the robot moving in their direction. His razor-sharp mind quickly analyzed their situation and scanned across possible problems and successes with making a direct assault against the robot, then proceeding to the gas station to blow it.

Tim had little experience with the machines since his first encounter was not a glorious one and ended quickly with him going down without even putting up a fight. His sharp analytic mind compensated for that, though. Part of what the Cybergirl said and Tom had implied had something to do with transmitting orders to the machines. That meant they were only semi-autonomic and not fully operational without someone controlling them. Cutting that connection should leave the metal hulks without guidance and then they would be easy pickings. Presumably their heads were the weak spot since they were also the smallest target on their huge frames.

Juno’s problem to reach the gas station was directly connected with getting rid of the robot – or he could open a warp for her and place her directly next to the truck… but that would take him a good deal of his juice. Decisions, decisions…

Originally Posted By: Siegfried Tanner

Siegfried moved himself away from what would no doubt soon be a blast radius, getting somewhere where he could study the robots for a moment. He assumed Savi would follow.

*Let me get a good look at it, and then we'll go with whatever seems best to destroy it. I want to see if we think we could take on several of them at once, or need to keep this all single file.*

Originally Posted By: Savannah Tanner

Savannah shook her head at Tim and Juno firmly - Tim was no fighter, and he was their surest bet for a speedy escape. No reason to put him in danger, and if they wanted to act, they had to do it now, while they still had the element of surprise.

"No - we'll take care of the robots..."

While Juno waited crouched behind piles of debris Savannah listened into what Siegfried’s plan was. They didn’t know that Tim had already gotten a good insight on how to fight these monsters – a blast radius would not be a good idea UNLESS they could hit them with extreme force. Luckily for the twins that was exactly what they could do but it would take them more time and cost them more of their concentration than necessary. Savannah could almost see the blast area Siegfried had in mind. If they coordinated their attack – much like the aliens forced them on board the ship to create a fusion reaction they could reproduce the effect – no one knew how much damage that would really do…

(ooc: While Siegfried failed his roll his plan was still to hit the robot with an area attack so that’s basically the plan they will follow. I’m sorry for the delay here but I had no time to take care of this earlier. Siegfried and Savannah please make your Lethal Blast rolls with your EM-Powers – Difficulty is +2. Depending on the result I will post what happens. You’ll merge your attack into one huge devastating blast – a direct hit to the head would’ve been more effective though ;))

Grav's Team

Originally Posted By: Rorx
Tom was worried by the lack of line of sight and so activates his enhanced hearing, trying to pin point the location of any robots around them.

His enhanced hearing picked up the robots quickly. They were virtually surrounded by 3 of the machines and they were closing in to their positions. It seemed as if the machines could sense their presence. There was another odd noise Tom had never heard before which reached his hearing on the ultrasonic level – it was coming close very fast but he had no idea what it was.

Originally Posted By: Grav

Grav lets Tom do his own thing but keeps herself low while activating her own defensive measures and trying to sneak her way to a better vantage point

Grav managed to get a good position in the meantime and peeked around the corner to get a better view of the area. The streets were littered with debris and rubble. There were body parts covered by concrete and the walls and ground was covered with old dried blood. Whatever had happened here it must’ve been a massacre. About 300 feet away she could make out one of the robots which was about to face her – she quickly backed off though and bumped into Captain Hicks.

The Soldier smiled at her and tipped his helmet. “I’m flattered Ma’am but I think we’ll have to wait for after the show to get better acquainted.”, he winked at her hiding his little flirt behind a grin. Hicks surely had charisma and a way with leading people or maybe he was just crazy.

(T: 2, Init: 18)

If I can create an intense localized gravity field around its head, it will crumple like a tin can. Tim hoped that this would work. If not, the twins could do their thing.

Tim brought forth the same energy pattern that was responsible for the Warp: Anna. He launched it at the T-1000's head.

Click to reveal.. ( Gravitic blast to head)

(06:02:05) ChatBot: (Tim_Wiley) rolls 5d10 @ +2 difficulty and gets [9] ,10,10,6,8. [3 sux]

Damage: +2 die for head shot, +2 die carryover, +8 die for power level= 12 die

(06:10:31) ChatBot: (Tim_Wiley) rolls 12d10 and gets 7,9,3,10,7,7,2,8,1,7,5,6. [7 sux]

7+[8] = 15 lethal

QP: 10/28

HL: Bruised

WP: 4/4

(OOC: Tim has high initiative)

Tom brought up his Sonic Shield as he turns towards Grav and the Captain.

"So much for stealth, they seem to be able to sense us, because we have three around us and they are all heading towards us. There is also something causing an odd ultrasonic whine heading rapidly this way as well. I guess we should have a go at that one," he nods towards the one the Grav was just looking at [OOC: I assume it is about the closest Joani?] "then either move from here or gate elsewhere."

Click to reveal..

spend double qp = 4 to safely activate Shield

Healthy

23/28 qp

Willpower = 3/3

[init 18, Turn 1]

Grav nods. "Let's take them down then."I'll take the middle, you guys go around. the sides. Let's hit each one fast." With that she takes point and heads for the first robot.

Click to reveal..
Initiative

(08:50:15) ChatBot: (Grav) rolls 1d10 and gets 10. +12= (22)

Activate multitasking (3 action) 2 qp Wits roll (08:54:46) ChatBot: ((Grav) rolls 4d10 and gets 2,6,9,9.

(08:54:52) ChatBot: (Grav) rolls 1d10 and gets 8. (4) successes

quantum bolt attack +1 diff (dropped one die) (dropped 1 mega to negate Virus)

(09:01:20) ChatBot: (Grav) rolls 7d10 and gets 6,9,6,4,7,2,1.

mega-(09:01:29) ChatBot: (Grav) rolls 1d10 and gets 9.

(4 successes)

damage [6]+ 6d10 base +4 from attack sucesses =[6]+10d10

(09:06:44) ChatBot: (Grav) rolls 10d10 and gets 4,7,7,4,3,5,5,4,3,3.

(8 damage)

Grav's dodge rolls

first roll

(09:07:36) ChatBot: (Grav) rolls 6d10 and gets 2,5,4,7,3,8.

mega-(09:07:42) ChatBot: (Grav) rolls 2d10 and gets 7,9. (6 successes)

second roll

(09:07:48) ChatBot: (Grav) rolls 6d10 and gets 5,9,1,10,10,8.

mega-(09:07:57) ChatBot: (Grav) rolls 2d10 and gets 8,10.

reroll(09:08:13) ChatBot: (Grav) rolls 2d10 and gets 2,9.

mega reroll(09:08:18) ChatBot: (Grav) rolls 1d10 and gets 6.

(10 successes)

Anything attack grav with a projectile attack or in physical melee combat loses 3 successes from their attack rolls inranged and 2 successes in melee due to Gravitic shield

[init 10, Turn 1]

Tom is surprised by Grav diving out, but just shrugs to the Captain and heads out to try to get a side attack on the robot without exposing himself to another one too much.

Hyperrunning from their cover he pulls up next to a semi-fallen wall when he spots the robots position and lets loose with a blast, attempting to dodge back behind the wall afterwards.

Click to reveal..

Initiative

(16:59:02) ChatBot: (Tom_Davies) rolls 1d10 and gets 1.

1 + 9 = 10

3 actions - activate hyperrunning safely dropping 1 mega = 2qp

- Half-run 24m into range and attack robot

- dodge back

Attack at -4 dice = -4+4+3+[1] = 3+[1] dice

(16:58:19) ChatBot: (Tom_Davies) rolls 4d10 and gets 6,5,8,4.

1 sux

Damage = [8] + 6L

(17:01:28) ChatBot: (Tom_Davies) rolls 6d10 and gets 5,2,9,1,7,4.

2 sux = 10 damage

Dodge back behind cover = 4 + 1 + [2] - 5 = [2] dice

(17:03:31) ChatBot: (Tom_Davies) rolls 2d10 and gets 6,8.

2 sux

Current Soak = 4/2 from Stamina +6/+6 from Sonic Shield = 10B/8L

Health = Healthy

QP = 19/28

Willpower = 3/3

Grav’s reflexes were blindingly fast. Hicks barely noticed what was happening and only Tom had the presence of mind to fully take in Grav’s action which would put any elite trooper to shame. The Robot had never a chance to pull of a shot at her while she hit it dead centre on it’s broad chest.

The gravitic blast sent the machine coiling backwards but it did not fall. If anything the blast just “pushed” it backwards – there was no obvious damage seen on its frame.

Tom used his own superhuman speed for a similar attack and pulled off a similar action like Grav hitting the metal-hulk with a sonic-blast sending sparks across it’s surface. The machine briefly stopped and pointed it’s guns in Tom’s direction and surely would have evaporated him in its salvo if he hadn’t ducked for cover almost in the same instance he attacked.

Both Robots had their attention now and were resuming their approach with relentless stoicism while their massdrivers teared holes through steel and concrete as if it was made of butter. The mutants would have to find new cover soon else they’d be trapped by debris.

Hicks never had a chance to actually take a shot and instead provided cover for the mutants scanning the area for a possible point of retreat and new attack. He pointed wordlessly across the street and made a hasty motion with one hand and then ran half crouched for the next cover where he waited for the mutants to follow up.

(ooc: End of Turn 1 for Team Grav)

In the meantime Sly was watching the kids around Six establishing something like a base of operations. Some of the younger kids had connected some Flatscreens and consoles to play videogames which was kinda bizarre considering the overall situation. But in the end it helped to distract from the deadly situation they all were in.

Rebecca had put on an XXL jogging suit which could be used as a tent for one of the smaller kids. The young girl was ‘huge’ – even larger than Ronnie and Ronnie was built like a brickhouse. The young girl looked around self consciously and remained in a dark corner just within Sly’s field of vision. She was sitting on the floor and could look Six almost in the eyes – and he was standing. He offered her some food and she just refused. Sly could feel that she was emotionally hurt – almost traumatized by the changes her mutant genetics caused.

Just before he could delve deeper into her mind and try to help her his attention got diverted by explosions in the distance. The teams had started their distractions but the explosions sounded way too close to their position. Sly closed his eyes and concentrated briefly on Travis – he sensed a general confusion clouding his mind but it quickly cleared.

(ooc: Sly – please roll Telepathy – I provide you with more details after the roll – sorry for having you wait)

Archived