Aberrant: Dead Rising - Looking for a job (complete)

Venus

Violet spent half of the day trying to gather her courage to walk over to the HQ and seek out Jules. She had to talk to her about a lot of things. She wanted to offer help and hear her standing on the changes she had planned for the club. Hopefully Jules wouldn't rip her head off. The native american woman was known to get a temper if something rubbed her the wrong way and Violet did a lot of that in the past.

While she had a rather good relationship to the Captain her situation with Jules was not quite as good and she seeked to change that. Violet put on the large brown cloak she had worn when they went to Kansas. It had done a fairly good job to conceal her and the HQ fortunately was around the corner so the short walk over there shouldn't draw too much attention.

She entered the building and removed the hood of her cloak while she walked upstairs to the office, "Jules? Are you in there? It's Violet - I'd like to talk with you if you don't mind?"

Jules looked up from the desk she was working at when she heard Violet's voice. She was tired; she'd been having trouble sleeping and instead of lying around in bed, she'd started to get up and work. There was a lot of stuff to be done, and never enough time to do it in.

"Yes, Violet?" she asked as the beautiful woman came to the door. "What can I do for you?"

Jules was breathtakingly beautiful even if she was getting little sleep lately it didn't show much on her face. Only her bodylanguage gave away that she wasn't really enjoying herself and that work was getting too much of her time lately.

Violet shook her head briefly wiping away the image of making out with the gorgeous Native American. Focus, Violet... focus, she put on her best smile trying to win Jules' sympathy.

"I really don't mean to steal your time, Jules. I can come around later if you want - I just wanted to offer some help and...," she was looking for the right words, "... and I wanted to apologize to have manipulated your feelings the first time we've met. I didn't know what to do - I honestly only wanted to help."

Hopefully Jules still had some respect for Violet after all that happened.

Jules tried not to frown, but she wasn't very successful at it. "Violet... I know you were trying to help. That doesn't mean it was the right thing. I'd just lost my baby boy," she said, feeling her throat close, just as it always did when she thought of him. "That was... I'd just found family and safety, and it was like the world was mocking me. I need to grieve, to work through this." She shook her head. "Maybe, in the future, just let me ask you for emotional alterations."

Those eyes, made larger and more luminous by the trials and lack of sleep, bore into Violet as she said, "We need to feel our losses. If that makes sense."

"Trust me - I understand that perfectly. Your pain was just so intense and Morgan asked me to take care of you as if you were family.", she knew that Jules didn't want to hear an explanation but Violet felt like she had to apologize anyway. It made her feel better.

She sighed gathering her courage to bring up the actual topic to the table. "I know there is a lot of talking because of me and the club and like I mentioned at the meeting I'm changing the place. But I think I need some help and I'm willing to offer help in return of course. I wanted to ask Jasmine if she could help me out pick people that would like to work at my place and in return I'd let them move in upstairs. We're currently planning to arrange for that but I'm no architect.", Violet was dodging the actual proposal she had in mind. She still needed some time to get to the point.

Her voice changed suddenly becoming very serious and accentuated, "Jules - I want to help you and the Captain directly. I'm not fit to rule, honestly so you don't have to worry about me running for the 'political' office we've talked about. But what I do believe I'm good at is giving counsel to you - let me explain how I mean it before you wave it off. As you know I can manipulate emotions and sense them. I'm sure with some practice and if you asked the right questions I could help you a lot in finding out who is being sincere with his motives and who is trying to damage this community. It's a sad thing we have to consider this but I'd feel much better if I could put my 'gifts' to good use and help this community prosper. And second - If Dr. Shattuck agrees I'd want to volunteer and help out at the clinic. Myfwany can heal the people physically and restore their health but sometimes their souls are also badly hurt. With medical supervision and your consent I'd be willing to emotionally help those that have been traumatized - make them feel whole again.", Violet looked at Jules and hoped she didn't put too much stress on her.

"Please - let me do something good."

"My soul was badly hurt, and I still objected to what you did," Jules said, her voice tense. "My soul is still badly hurt. I carry around in my head the things I did to stay alive, to keep Ben alive, and I don't think that anyone can help me heal from those pains. Until my m- scars are gone, I don't know that I can heal my soul.

"I'd say offer your services to Dr. Shattuck. But I want people to consent to your help, knowing completely what you're going to do to them. Just because I don't think you can help me doesn't mean I don't think you can help others, ok?

"I'm all for you helping us find who is sincere and who isn't... if you can accurately do that, then that would be a huge boon." Jules nodded. "That's not a problem."

"Thank you, Jules!", Violet almost jumped up and wanted to hug the beautiful Native American. Her enthusiasm and relief was almost infectious.

"You can't imagine how much this means to me. I will ask Dr. Shattuck of course but I thought I should run this by you guys first. What about the other 'offer' I made? I don't mean to push my luck but honestly think you would have an edge in any conversation if I could give you feedback on what people are feeling when they speak. I believe given some time and practice I can point out if someone is lying or not. At least if he is holding back on something. I can't read minds but this is as close as it can get."

Violet sat down again after she realized that she stood up because of Jules approval. Her eyes fell on Jules perfect face following the curve of her lips as the woman spoke. It almost hypnotized her - she could listen to Jules for hours just watching her made her feel better.

• 3 weeks later...

"I will consider that, but please understand one thing," Jules said softly. "I will take anything you tell me you sense as advice, not gospel. The reason for this is simple; even people who are experts at reading body language and discerning lies can be wrong. I don't want to treat what you say as infallible, and I'd like you to check anyone who falls under suspicion at least twice. Does that make sense?"

She watched the beautiful woman, wishing she knew better what to do with her. Violet's talents were useful, yet invasive, in a way that people weren't used to. It would be trouble, sooner or later.

Violet nodded in full agreement with Jules and answered, "Of course, Jules. My intentions are not to judge swiftly or anything like that. Au contraire, all I want to do is provide you with some 'extra' information - you have to decide what you do with it. Advice is all I'm offering and I'm not infallible. If I'm confused about something I'll let you know so you can decide for yourselves if you take my advice or not."

Shifting her weight on her seat she reclined on the chair glad that Jules had agreed to take her offer. As if she had read Jules' mind Violet continued to explain, "I know that people are scared of me - scared of what I could do and I can't blame them if they assume that I'm manipulating everything and everyone around me. Honestly - I'd think the same if I was in their position. What am I supposed to do, Jules? Stay in my quarters for the rest of my life? What kind of live would that be? I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Morgan...", her voice got quiet at the end of her sentence and her eyes reflected something like a memory crossing her mind.

She continued with that distant look in her eyes but her voice remained low and almost flat, "I need your help to proof my worth to this community because if not they'll burn me like a witch sooner or later, just like in the old days..."

"People fear what they don't understand. It's always been like that."

"Hey," Jules said, and her voice was sharp. When Violet looked at her, she said, "Nobody is burning anyone as a witch. If the community had issues with you, there are other ways of dealing with it. I wouldn't allow it, and that's without Morgan. I'm sure he'd never ever ever allow such a thing."

She paused, and Violet didn't need her powers to see that the woman was uncomfortable. "So... how'd you meet Morgan?" she asked, a slight flush warming her face as she heard herself speak.

Violet didn't expect that kind of reaction from Jules. Both reactions to be precise. Maybe she had found a friend in her or it was her way of dealing with people. Anyway the "issue" Morgan did stir something inside of her and Violet briefly hesitated before she answered.

Violet's eyes refocused on Jules beautiful profile and she started to tell her story with a warm smile on her face. "Actually this whole thing wouldn't be considered strange at all if the world hadn't gone Zombie. I was 'on the run' down the interstate from Chattanooga, Tennesse. I lived in New Orleans and made a short stop at my parents' house hoping to find something that'd tell me if they're alive or dead.", Violet sighed briefly but continued nonetheless.

"Halfway the interstate I suddenly had flat tire - 4 flat tires to be precise. Someone had setup a trap of some sort but it seemed to have backfired on him... I was of course in a state of panic and had no idea how to get out of that mess. Even Violet couldn't...", she suddenly stopped in midsentence as she realized she was referring to Violet as a third person.

Violet tried to discern if Jules noticed that slipping of her attention and quickly finished - "... to make a long story short. He saved me. He was on patrol and had no real reason to make another loop down the road but he told me later he had that strange feeling to check out anyway. He was like Superman and I was totally like Lois Lane but he maintained his professional attitude if you know what I mean. Morgan sure is a handsome man."

Violet watched Jules and tried to sense if the beautiful native american had stronger feelings for Morgan than expected. Jules had been through quite a lot lately.

• 4 weeks later...

Jules' emotional state - while hard and angry like always - was normal until Violet's last statement. Irritation and jealousy spiked in her, followed immediately by confusion and guilt. "His brother was quite a looker, too," Jules said, sitting back in her chair. "Seems to run in the family. And Morgan makes a habit of rescuing women, doesn't he?" she added with an amused smile. She wasn't amused, though - she was hurt and worried and still a little jealous.

"Was that all you needed?"

She sure has strong feelings for Morgan and I shouldn’t be doing this….

“Listen to me, Jules. I lied, I made that up – I’m sorry. Morgan did rescue me but it wasn’t half as romantic and dramatic as I said. To be honest I hardly remember what exactly happened. I was surrounded by Zombies and tried to fight my way out then he picked me up. Morgan never tried to get further involved with me. He somehow managed to resist the effect I’m having on most men. I have to confess that his behaviour really spiked the desire in me to conquer him but he kept his distance. The girl whom he loves can really consider herself lucky – I think he is one of the most honest and trustful man you can find these days – and he is a looker.”

Violet waited a short moment to let Jules understand what she was saying. “I really want us to be friends, Jules. And even without my powers I can sense that you have strong feelings for Morgan and you shouldn’t be ashamed of that. There is no reason to hide your emotions – it will only eat you up from inside.”, she looked the beautiful native american woman in her deep dark eyes. “I think he loves you, too.”

"You lied... to get an emotional read on me?" Jules' jaw clenched as she looked at the beautiful super across the desk from her. "This is the kind of thing that people fear, you know. And it's the kind of thing that we don't appreciate. If you wanted to know how I felt about Morgan, you should have asked."

Jules swallowed her anger. Violet could be very short-sighted, but Jules could tell that she was also very sincere. "I don't love him... I loved Dan, and I get confused now. Sometimes, he looks like Dan, I mean exactly like Dan and I expect my kids to come-" She stopped and drew a shaking breath, as Violet 'watched' grief dance around her before she subsumed it, pushing it away. "Nevermind. Even if... I can't." Shame and pain curled through her, swallowing the hope that had flared at Violet's words. And that was followed by more anger, a deep rage that Violet was sure she never wanted directed at her. "I'm in no place for a relationship, especially with someone who invokes the ghost of my dead husband."

Violet raised her hands in defence and then slowly put them down on the table trying to reach for Jules’ hands to make contact with her.

“I shouldn’t have lied to you, Jules – but something is going on with you and you haven’t had enough time to grief and…”, she was looking for the right words, “… overcome what terror has been inflicted upon you. I… I’m worried, Jules. You’re holding back way too much. You’re putting too much pressure on yourself and restrict yourself with rules that no longer apply.”

Violet wasn’t sure how she should go on. She didn’t want to do any further damage and Jules could snap any moment if she didn’t play it safe.

She looked at her straight in the eyes without deceit or mal intent. “Why shouldn’t you just give it a try? Morgan is a good man, I know that for sure. I felt it. Who knows how much time we have left as a civilisation? Don’t waste your life on what-ifs and could-have-beens and try to move on with a strong shoulder to lean on. It won’t give you back what you lost but you won’t be alone anymore – you’ll have someone who can give you solace and that is one of the most precious things these days…”, Violet spoke as someone who exactly knew what she was talking about.

She prayed that Jules wouldn’t snap and braced herself for the worst.

Jules allowed contact for a moment, then pulled away. Violet could have fought her, but she could feel that Jules was strong, too, and that would have resulted in a tugging match. "Look, I know you're trying to help," Jules said, her voice tight. "I get it and I appreciate it, but I'm not ready for a relationship, even with someone as great as Morgan." Shame surged again, this time coupled with despair. "Look, look... I'm... sure I only want to say this because you're you... and I want you to understand why.

"When I was in Paradise, I had to do things, because they told me they'd hurt Ben if I didn't," Jules said. "I'm not ashamed that I did that - I'd have done worse, for my baby." Yet shame was strong in her, along with that awful rage - and a strange, brittle sense of pride. "But I still carry the marks from that, and I can't let Morgan see those marks. They were... burned into me," she confided as the shame became thicker. "I don't want him to see that, but I don't know how long it will take for those to heal. They're getting better, I can feel it, but it's slow."

”Look, look… I’m… sure I only want to say this because you’re you…?

Violet looked confused for a moment trying to figure out what Jules exactly meant but then she revealed to her something that was astonishing.

“They burnt you like cattle?”, Violet said expressing her disbelief.

Now she felt like hugging Jules and giving her some comfort but she was sure Jules wouldn’t allow that intimacy. It would be easy for her to give her that feeling of comfort but even that wouldn’t be appreciated – at least not the way she wanted it to. Violet sighed heavily not knowing what to say for a moment and there was an awkward silence between the two women.

“Maybe Dr. Shattuck can help you out? I’m sure she’ll keep that secret and I will of course, too. I promise that, Jules. I know people don’t trust me and everyone is expecting the worst when it comes to my person and I’m slowly starting to cope with it but I’m not a soulless bitch. If I only had known back then, Jules – I’m so sorry…”, she was close to tears as she apologized. Jules confession was… overwhelming on its own accord. Violet understood her emotional turmoil far better now and she very much wanted to give Jules some relief.

“Listen… you know I can… I can make it easier on you, if you want. I don’t want you to lose yourself in that mixture of anger, shame and rage – its poisonous Jules. It’ll destroy the human being inside of you and I don’t want to see that happen to you… you’re like family to me.”

"I just have to hold onto it until I kill Hornsbeck," Jules said, her emotions and tone desperate. Her pretty mouth set in a hard line, and Violet could feel the anger fueling her, driving away everything else she was feeling. "I need this anger to get him. I need to be angry, to be enraged for the strength. And when it's done, I can rest. I can be done." She looked like the war-hardened Indian warrior she was descended from as she spoke.

"I've already spoken with Dr. Shattuck," Jules added, shaking her head. "She tells me that I'll likely be able to have children in the future, but she doesn't feel that she has the skill to remove such a bad scar. And I don't really want people to know. I think I only told you... you're the kind of person that people do that with. Even knowing it's your powers doesn't make it any easier to stop. I just wish there was..."

Jules' expression brightened, and Violet felt a spike of hope pierce the anger. "Actually, there might be something that can be done, that you can help with. In fact, I'm sure I couldn't do it without your help. Your friend... Jill? She's a blacksmith, right? She could burn it away, so that it's just a scar and not... what it is. Not a mark, just a scar. Could she do that? Could you talk her into that?" Jules looked at her with such hope that the horror of what she'd just asked probably hadn't occurred to her.

Jules emotional response was intense. She was convinced that killing Hornsbeck would give her release. It was her driving force and Violet slowly understood why Jules didn’t want to take her offer. It would reduce her to just being a victim.

Violet was still looking for a solution that could work without taking away what was so important to her when Jules suddenly brightened up. It was like a wave of hope that flushed over her casting rationality away. Violet gasped at Jules sudden and very unexpected request.

“I… I don’t know, Jules. Jill… would do that if I asked her… I think. But I’m not sure if I should… Are you sure you want this?”, of course, she wants! That’s for sure

“Of course, you want. Sorry for being so reluctant – it’s just I don’t feel comfortable with the idea but I can feel how important that is for you. But you have to promise me one thing, Jules.”, she looked her straight in the eyes with a mixture of worry and compassion for her.

“If it is not having the expected result – If it changes nothing, please let me help you heal your emotional scars. Don’t drown yourself in your guilt and pain. Please…”, Violet almost begged her.

Jules sighed. "It will have the result, so long... so long as it's destroyed, unreadable, then it'll be the desired result. I want Hornsbeck to see that his mark on me is gone before he dies. I don't care what it looks like, just that it isn't... oh, fuck - here."

Turning, Jules, stood and stripped off her shirt. Her back was a mess of scars, from her waistband up to her shoulders. A few were bites, clearly from zombies. Most of the scars were whip marks. But high on her back, near the top of her back, was an ugly brand which etched one word between her shoulder blades: JOSHUA.

"So long as that isn't legible," Jules said, pulling on her shirt, "I don't care what the resulting scar looks like."

Violet swallowed hard and gasped as she saw Jules tormented back. The landscape of her scars was a testament of the pain inflicted upon her. Jules was actually doing pretty good in coping with it Violet thought all of a sudden. She would’ve been devastated if someone had done anything remotely similar to her.

“Dear mother of god… Jules!”, Violet stood up and reached out for her pulling on her arm.

“We go to Jill now.”, she said flatly determined to take Jules with her. This atrocity was beyond anything she had ever seen before. “She’ll help you, I promise.”

"Alright," Jules said, standing up with her usual grace. She walked out with Violet, her presence offering a certain amount of shelter for the other woman. It was widely rumored that messing with the native woman was a good way to get Morgan Fox pissed at you, which was exile. And while plenty of people might have wanted to mess with Violet with James blinded, the possibility of a run-in with Morgan was enough to stay them.

At the forge, Jillian was hammering away, diligently making the gardening tools that everyone was requesting. She still took time to stop and smile at the purple-eye woman's approach, though that faded when she saw Violet's expression. Her eyes roamed over the pretty woman with her lover; then she leaned against a post and asked, "What's up, hon?"

Violet was oblivious of the lustful stares of the men as she approached the forge. Her mind was set at helping Jules out and she was trying to cast away the lively fantasies she had how those scars had been inflicted on Jules. This was definitely the first time seeing someone half naked neutered her instead of causing sexual arousal which was her general first response.

Violet reached out for her lover and gave her a kiss and then looked with almost haunted eyes at Jules. Jill knew Violet well enough by now to "read" her bodylanguage and this meant serious business. She removed her apron and put her tools down and then went inside to give them some privacy.

"What I'm going to ask of you may sound terrible at first but you'll understand once you see it for yourself, honey. Just don't tell anyone - this has to stay in this room forever or until Jules says it's ok - ok?"

Violet looked at Jules expectantly nodding briefly at her. The beautiful native american slowly removed her shirt exposing her back to Jill who immediately let out a gasp as she saw the myriads of scars and bitemarks... and lastly what Jules wanted to have removed.

"Can you remove that or 'retouch' it so that it is ineligible? Don't ask me how she got it - can you do it?"

Jill nodded slowly but was in half shock as she slowly rationalized how that "branding" must've hurt. She looked at Violet with her mouth still open not knowing what to say.

"I regenerate," Jules said, turning back to face Jill. "Whatever is done to me will only last minutes before I heal it. And it will be worth to have that removed. It was put on as a mark of... ownership. I want it gone."

"You do realize, to get cover what was done, I may have to burn deeper?" Jill said, swallowing hard.

"I don't care if you burn me to the bone," Jules said, and the terrifying intensity of that remark was unnerving. "I don't care if you skin me to get it off. That's what I wanted Dr. Shattuck to do, but she was afraid of operating without anesthesia. I don't care. Getting it off couldn't hurt worse than putting it on."

"But what I'm trying to say is that it very well might," Jill said. "If I have to burn deeper, it may hurt worse."

"Still worth it," Jules answered firmly.

Jill looked at Violet, and in her eyes, Violet saw she was afraid to do this.

Violet understood very well how reluctant Jill was to do this. Any compassionate human being would call her insane - both of them. But the world has lost it's balance - what was insane these days? How far was too far? Nothing seemed impossible anymore and if there were miracles they witnessed then there would also be the opposite to keep things in balance.

The world has just gotten more extreme. Violet was proof enough for that.

"It's the right thing to do, Jill.", she said calmly putting a hand on her lovers shoulder. Jules could see that the two women were more than just friends and even smiled for a brief moment. One day she'd have that too - but first things first.

Jill nodded still reluctant and put her apron back on. "I want you to stay... help me if I need help and... help her if she needs it, ok?", she looked at Jules and added, "I won't do this alone, I hope you'll understand."

Jules nodded without saying much, she mentally prepared herself for the pain that would come but her mind was much more focused on the reward she would get once she was rid of that "mark". That thought alone was strong enough to endure any pain inflicted upon her.

"Do it.", she simply said and gritted her teeth.

It took a bit of preparation. While Jill stoked her furnace and prepared the metal, Jules put up her hair and took off her shirt and bra. Holding the shirt to herself self-consciously, she laid her upper body against a thick table. They'd decided that would be the best thing for her to hold onto while Jill worked. Resting her forehead against the table, she took a gentle grip on the edge and waited for Jill to do her work.

The pretty blond woman was clearly nervous as she came in with a bit of glowing iron. "Ready?" she asked, her voice shaking.

"Completely," Jules said reassuringly. Her fingers tightened until the wood creaked softly.

Jill looked to Violet, her eyes troubled. Violet nodded, and Jill stepped forward and did it before she talked herself out of it. She'd selected a broad, flat piece of metal, hoping to cover the entire area in one application. Maybe it would cut down on the amount of time contact would be needed.

The metal hissed as it touched Jules' bare skin, and then Jules herself made a choked sound. A moment later, the smell of violated flesh filled the air, a pungent aroma made all the worse by the knowledge that it was coming from terrible wounds on her friend. Jill held the metal there for a moment, hopeful to get it all in one try.

When she pulled it back, she'd left it just a bit too long, and some flesh came away with it. Jill went white; while the further disfigurement had probably helped to remove the legibility of the previous brand, it had also freaked out Jill. "Negh," she said and hurried out of the room. Back in her forge, she dropped the iron back in the fire - to burn off whatever organic material was still on it - and went to a corner to be sick.

Jules was shivering and crying, but she hadn't screamed, which was astounding. Violet stared at the raw wound on her back, wondering if they'd made a terrible mistake, but even as she watched, the awful redness began to fade. Jules was healing.

Violet felt the tension built up in Jill just before she proceeded to burn Jules with the hot glowing metal. She clenched her teeth almost feeling the pain that Jules felt and quickly shut out any connection she had established to protect herself from any feedback. The imagination nauseated her enough and she felt as sick as Jill as she finished her cruel task.

Violet's first impulse was to follow her lover and she hesitated only for a brief moment to make sure Jules was doing ok. It seemed to her that the beautiful native american woman had endured this far better than the two other women did.

"It's going to be ok, honey.", Violet reassured Jill as she carefully embraced her. "You did the right thing, I know it."

Jill nodded at Violet but then broke and started to cry. It was not the image alone that caused her breakdown, it was the consequence of it all as she slowly realized what had happened.

"Who?... How?", she stammered unable to comprehend how anyone could do this to a human being now that she had done something similar herself - even if it was to "correct" a mistake.

"We'll take care of it, don't worry Jill. We - will - take - care - of - it.", Violet looked over to Jules with grim determination in her eyes.

The pain, sounds and smell had taken Jules back to Paradise, bringing the memory starkly to the forefront of her mind. Like that night, she had willingly chosen to take the brand, but unlike that night, she had taken it for herself, not because of her son. Again, the pain had driven the breath from her lungs, and she barely restrained the scream that bubbled in her throat.

She was aware of Violet stepping away, but all she really felt was the fire in back receding, slowly. The first relief of pain pulled a choked sob from her as she let her teeth unclench. She waited and more of the pain faded, until she was completely clear of it.

"Violet?" she called, looking over her shoulder. "Can you look for me? See if Jill got it? All of it?"

"Oh - Of course, Jules.", Violet gave Jill a short squeeze before she released the embrace. "You're going to be alright?", she asked the buff blonde quietly which looked more girlish than ever now. Jill nodded reluctantly and managed to croak a "yeah", still feeling like she had to throw up.

Violet walked over to Jules apologizing for not being with her through all this, "I'm sorry but Jill wasn't feeling ok. I hope you understand - now let me have a look at this."

Violet surveyed Jules back swallowing down the last bit of nausea she had. The wound was actually healing and it didn't look as disgusting now.

"It looks... good?", Violet wasn't sure how to put it in right words. "I mean, I can't read it anymore - it's gone!", she smiled as her voice got more cheerful at the end. "It's gone!", she repeated to Jules giving her a reassuring smile.

"Good," Jules whispered, letting her head roll forward to rest on the table. "Go see to Jill, if she still needs you. I got this." And she did. For the first time in a long time, she felt calm, despite her pain. And with her regeneration, the pain was transitory.

And even if she had been forced to heal the old way, she still would have done it. Now that it was done, she could do what needed to be done. Her fists, buried in her shirt, clenched tight. Soon, she'd have her vengeance. Soon.

Violet slowly walked back to Jill to give her some comfort. She held her and tried not to cry herself – there was so much going on right now and she didn’t know where to start. Her initial idea was to find a job – something she could do to put her powers to best use for the benefit of the community – and while they were talking Violet hoped she could warm up with Jules and share some of her own thoughts about what was troubling her.

Instead it somehow backfired on her and they ended up warming up but Jules was the one to reveal her troubles to Violet and not vice versa. She was glad she could help her out and she would’ve done it anytime again but Violet was looking for someone outside her circle to talk to – someone who could understand that she was having trouble not only because of the rumours but also because James could sometimes be such an ass.

Tears were slowly running down her cheeks and she hugged Jill even more trying to swallow down her own sadness and frustration. If she didn’t do anything she’d be stuck but she did love him but sometimes she could slap him in his face, too. Her feelings for Jill were intense, too. Even more than she felt for Jo.

Jill turned out to be the most stable of them and that was exactly what she needed, what she was looking for. James was the perfect partner for her when it came to sex. She admired him above all and she loved his built. She had a weakness for large muscles. Why couldn’t James be a bit more like Morgan or Dan?

Jules felt the last of the pain fade, and she stood up. Careful not to flash the other women, she pulled on her bra and shirt, for once enjoying the pull of the scar on her back. Turning, she went over to the other women and waited until they noticed her. "Violet... Jill... Thank you so much." As they turned to face her, she gave each a gentle hug.

Her dark eyes were nearly luminous as she said, "I owe you both, so much. If there is anything... anything at all, let me know. I'll be happy to do it."

Violet tried to quickly wipe away the tears and hide that she was crying.

"I'd be glad if we didn't get thrown out of the Refuge.", she said half jokingly but Jules could tell by the look in her eyes that she was really worried about that subject.

She sighed briefly and straightened her shirt. "I'm glad we could help, Jules. You don't owe me anything.", Violet looked at Jules holding her breath. Even now after that monstrous act inflicted upon her Jules looked breathtakingly beautiful. Violet instantly had a bad conscience checking her out in very indiscreet ways while she stood next to her lover. She shooke her head to clear herself from any further images or fantasies that surely would've followed if no one stopped her.

"Can we talk later again - when you're feeling better?", her question rang with half the expectation of getting some "private" time with Jules but Violet actually really wanted to talk with Jules. She needed someone to talk to who wasn't directly involved in her affairs and who was more mature than Jas. The incredibly stunning woman smiled at Jules and hoped she would say "yes".

"Anytime," Jules said, any dislike she may normally feel for the sex-icon being swept away by the woman's quantum charms. "Just come find me, hon."

She was ready to leave, her mind already hopping ahead to what she could do now. Hornsbeck needed to be dealt with, obviously. Her heart pounded fiercely as she considered the possibility of vengeance. Now she could face him - now she could rip off her shirt and show him that his mark was gone.

She couldn't wait.

Archived