Aberrant: 200X - New Enhancement And Looking for a Power

Bombshell

Okay here is an Enhancement I found in the Aberrent 1.1 Compendium. I changed the auto-successes from + [Mega-App] to +3 like most other Enhancements. But I'd rather keep the always on/no quantum cost, cause I don't see Jason actually ever turning this on (well maybe is the right woman around), I see it as a more instintive thing. Maybe drop the auto-successes to +2. If this turns out to be too much of a problem, I could just take Immaculate and assume that Mega-App 4 will result in the same effect.

While I have your attention, is there a power which helps resist transforming effects. like Aberration transfer, Body Manipulation, or Shapechange useable on others?

Objet d’Art

While all Mega-Beautiful or Mega-Handsome novas exhibit superhuman appeal, a nova with this enhancement looks like he or she has just stepped out of the cover of a paperback romance novel. Such a nova is unparalleled on the dating scene, and could theoretically land anyone he or she wants. These are also the novas who end up receiving marriage proposals from people they’ve only just met at cocktail parties. They have to deal with obsessive suitors (Can you say stalkers? Sure you can!) and the unrequited love of hordes of teenage groupies. And then there’s the jealousy of those folks who end up being the nova’s romantic rivals! In short, these novas have interesting social lives – the sort that makes excellent fodder for soap opera writers.

System: Certain details of the nova’s appearance will have strong romantic significance for those people attracted to the nova’s gender. Put simply, they will notice things about the nova that a dispassionate observer would miss entirely – the color of the nova’s eyes, the way the nova’s hair moves when blown by the wind, and so on. This grants the nova +3 automatic successes on any roll where being romantic and attractive to people who are attracted to the nova’s gender would benefit the nova. This enhancement is permanent, and has no quantum point cost.

I seem to recall seeing it stored here at Rpg-Post somewhere, but I really don't remember where (or if I'm remembering correctly). So, probably the easiest way to take a look at it for yourself (assuming you want to) is to simply enter the words 'aberrant compendium' in Google's search engine. You should get results directing you to the downloadable .pdf file.

Hope that helps.

My opinion was that it does what Seductive Looks does, PLUS its area of effect, PLUS is on all the time/it costs no quatum to use.

Okay, the last one might be a bit of a disadvantage too, but only a bit and compared to your CONSTANT ability to wear people down its like WOW powerful.

I even asked and got a positive answer to the question of does it stack with Seductive and Seductive Looks. Ouch.

As for the transformation question, if a resistance roll is allowed, Invulnerability should be able to work against it, specific to the Transformation type of attacks.

That's why this voting thread is here, Adrian, so thanks for giving your input. If you guys think the enhancement is overdone, then here and now is the place to say so.

My own current opinion, after having reviewed the enhancement for a second time, is to have it cost 1qp per use with the rules as listed, or to have it cost 1qp per scene, against a specific target (like Seductive Looks).

Yeah, I agree, the power does seem like too much. Sorry about posting this, haven't played Aberrent much ('kay hardly ever). I usually played D&D 3.5 and, I'm ashamed to admit, Rifts (great setting, crappy rules).

Anyway, dropped this enhancemetn for Immaculate, and dropped the extra enhancement Jason bought, so (s)he has a few points to spare for abilities/backgrounds (s)he can develop.

Cool, Jason, sounds good. Thanks for being such a good sport about it. smile

Also, in regards to your question about a power that would help resist transforming effects; the only canon power I'm aware of off-hand would be Invulnerability: Transforming Effects. You'd have to define how it worked carefully, of course.

If you wanted it to be a level 2 power, and you were only really concerned with physical changes (as opposed to energy-based ones), then I'd say you'd have to choose between External Changes (such as the changes caused by the Form Manipulation technique of Biomanipulation) or Internal Changes (such as the changes caused by the Body Manipulation technique of Biomanipulation) as the phenominon the power resisted.

Whether the invulnerability would apply against a use of something like Aberration Transfer would depend on the kind of aberration your opponent wants to transfer to (or from) you. If they wanted to inflict a glowing anima on you, well that's energetic, not physical, and would probably require a different form of Invulnerability (this is one of the drawbacks of Invulnerability), but if they wanted to inflict Twisted Limbs on you, they're in for a surprise as they run smack into your Invulnerability and nothing happens.

Or you could simply take Invulnerability: Physical Transforming Effects (Broad Category Extra) as a level 3 power. Transforming effects on an energetic, social, or mental level would require a different brand of Invulnerability.

Or at least, that's my take on it. smile

Archived