Aberrant: Dead Rising - Chapter 7: Revelations

Dawn OOC

Originally Posted By: Dawn, OOC

What can you tell us about Capt. Mousmein?

“Capt. Mousmein is a driven officer, good at his assigned duties, if overzealous in some ways. I’d heard complaints about his conduct at Roff; some of his subordinates suggested he had a personal grudge with someone named Raphael and thought he’d be there.” She looked at Priest. “Is that you?”

"Yeah," he sounds out with mock-humor, "that would be my Father-in-Law. Glad to hear he hasn't slowed down much in his old-er age. He was a maverick - made his way up from the ranks. He is, or was, a bad-ass. Our classification of bad-ass has gone up after all."

"He probably heard from somebody that I was operating in the Okhlahoma-Texas - Kansas - New Mexico area. If Oklahoma is as far as the RUS goes then it would make sense he would hang around.

Originally Posted By: Dawn, OOC
"I am driven to speak," Cassie said softly. "I should; I should scream until I bleed. My words... they are waiting for ears to hear, and hands to act." She sighed and added, "The whole of it is: we will find white sands and see them turn red." She pressed her hands to her face. "I am lashed until I run, and the Voices do not care if I falter or cross the finish line."

Her purple eyes were hurt as she looked at him. "They... plant the things that will come in the soil of my mind, and let the thorned greens grow there. My gardener is cruel and hurtful. My sweet knight is the only one who soothes instead of burns, who holds instead of demands." She sighed as she watched him. "I am laying down a deep fog around the coast, aren't I?"

"Yeah baby, I'd say so. I think you just convinced me to stay the hell away from any sandy places period." Ira said, trying to comfort her with a hug, awkward in the car though it was.

"I hope one day we appease the holders of your leash and they set you free. So..." he said, sighing deeply, resigning himself to his duty, "Where do the voices say we need to head next?"

Cassie looked away with her distant gaze, her purple eyes troubled. "Toward the rising sun and the melting ice," she murmured, "we need to spread the word and end the disporia." She came back to him, her eyes smiling as she met his gaze again. "High road or not - so long as I ride with my Knight, it is good."

"Don't know disporia, but I recognize preaching and Northeast." Ira said smiling back. "Always wanted to see the lands East of the Mississippi."

He was far from thrilled with the idea, he really wanted to see warm ocean waters, but he couldn't let go of this girl, his survival now depended as much on her as it did that his own heart kept beating.

"Tell you what baby, I'll fly, you ply." he said, leaning in and giving her a kiss.

Continued in Grease Monkey

(agh...I totally lost my place in this thread...sorry Courier!)

Myfwany looked at the fingers and shook her head, meaning that wasn't what she was talking about. Then she realized what that'd look like to James and quickly said, "No, they are. You're healing, James, no doubt about that."

"No, what's interesting is that your body is rejecting what I'm trying to do to it. I could try to force it, but my instinct says that's a bad idea. You're the first person I've tried to heal who has this self-healing ability. Maybe there's interference...or maybe it's an extension of your power to reject outside influences. If it was just a cut or something minor I'd push harder. But since we're talking about delicate tissues like eyes and fingers...and since they're healing anyway...I think we should let your body run its natural course."

She smiled ruefully. "If that word still applies."

Denial and uncertain hope became justified denial and certain hope for James. James' body English showed he was more relieved than he'd ever likely admit.

"Well now, that's OK Doc, I'm sure you're doing your best."

*Wait, 'what I'm trying to do'? 'tried to heal'? Super-healing was an option? Violet makes a lot more sense now.*

"Wait, you can do what I do, but for other people?"

James said, "...You jump started me. Violet told me you pulled me back but I'd thought it was CPR, you know, standard stuff. I hadn't realized... I remember the pain, but before that you saved my life by getting the healing restarted."

"Wow, thank you." *So that was a lot closer than I'd thought.*

James shook off negative memories and returned back to the question he'd come here for, "Ah, so if we're sure that they're growing back, do you think you could take a good look at them today, maybe measure the fingers or something, and make an estimate on how long this will take?"

Click to reveal..
Ball park it's a week for the finger tips and 3 weeks for the eyes.

"It's hard to say, James," Myf admitted. "They're growing pretty slowly. If I took measurements over a few days, I could probably project something more accurate, but if I had to take a wild guess I'd say probably about a month all told."

She waited a moment to watch his reaction, then said, "I'm sorry. But at least you will regain that lost function. Most people with your injuries wouldn't. Anyway, until then you'll want to get plenty of rest. Healing's fastest when you're not overtaxing your body."

There was a long frozen pause while James digested this.

*A month? Not hours, not even days?* madcrysick

*We're already past hours. You were expecting this.* frown

*That's... a lot better than never I guess.* shocked

*No guessing, it is... and Docs are conservative. She might mean two weeks.* grin

*Shoot. I can spend a month standing on my head.* gringringrin

James gave a big smile and said, "I'd definitely like measurements, but the wild guess is pretty good too. Thank you. I'll make sure I get lots of rest." whistle

• 4 weeks later...

Archived