Warhammer: Shadows of Empire - The Hunter's City

Micha nodded and thought about something.

"That shouldn't be hard. One of the kids downstairs is apparently Somebody and is carrying on like he's dying. His mate is with him. I have a plan. Open the front window. I'll tell them you must have slipped out that way. I'll get them into the street then you can slip out the back."

That said, the Master Smith headed out of the room. Heln knows there is going to be some explaining to do before this day is over.

You can hear him shouting and ordering people about. Several sets off feet can be heard running out the front of the place.

Micah was as good as his word. The watchmen went out the front wtih him, and on seeing the open window began looking for anybody who had seen anything.

Down the stairs, the group moved with great speed. Brandt was just getting Thaddeus to his feet. Nayobee thought it over for a second and decided that leaving them for the watch was not an option. Grudgingly she put an arm around Thaddeus and helped him along out the back.

Out back, Brandt throw the coin to the waiting urchin who was off running in a different direction in a flash. The rest of them ran down the alleyway, came up short as a larger watch patrol came running past then out into the street.

It was hard to remain calm. The 'bundle' would cough and Heln would have to cough herself to cover it. Thaddeus had to be sheltered because he had a bleeding stomach wound. Anna kept her head low and her book-satchel slung over her shoulder. Heln was known in these parts. Her Weaponsmithy was well known and it's and her reputation gave he some leeway. Only two watchmen were encountered and they were satisfied with a cursoury look.

Heln walked into her forge and through it to her office, not sparing her apprentices a second glance. Involving them in this ... insanity was probably not good for their well-being. Informing her 'partner' would not be good for her well-being. They were all temporarily safe.

"Peter, no one eve knows I'm here. Understood?"

Peter, her senior apprentice nodded and went back to his duties.

{Continued in The Chosen of Vaul}

Archived