City of Heroes - Online Supers RPG

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I've known about this game since they first announced it a while ago. Looks interesting. Apparently no PvP, so everyone is a hero. Something to play after you've worn out your Freedom Force CD. :P

Cut him some slack Celeste. He's trying to do some plot work and that means he can't post for a while.

Come to the dark side Tom... join the struggle for the soul of Paragon City... journey into the under dark... meet the Lost... and feed them your SOUL!

Mwahahahahahahaha {cough}

Sorry. smile

I hate you ALLLLLL!!!!!!!

Man, with the wife, one child, and another on the way, I am not going to have time for that. Damn it all to hell.

I read the history of Paragon City and liked it, alot. Fits the genre very well.

-mutter, sigh, mutter-

It was so long ago that I first heard about CoH that I had actually forgotten what it was. Not wanting to dull the excitement over it, but if I am still alive when it is finished, someone please let me know of it's release.

• 2 weeks later...

Heh, MoO3 is a blast, I love the new interface. The combat can be a little annoying when you can't find a ship to kill.... but I like what they have done overall

There will be a pvp portion to CoH, the arena thingie. Other than that, its just pc's vs the villian npc's. heh, untill the first expansion comes out I bet.

Quote:
Originally posted by Deeth:
Heh, MoO3 is a blast, I love the new interface. The combat can be a little annoying when you can't find a ship to kill.... but I like what they have done overall

There will be a pvp portion to CoH, the arena thingie. Other than that, its just pc's vs the villian npc's. heh, untill the first expansion comes out I bet.
Arena?

Damn, sounds like the XWF...

• 9 months later...

A friend of mine brought it to my attention that City of Heroes will be coming out next month. I'm not usually interested in mmorpgs, but I think this is is interesting enough to give a shot. If anyone is interested in playing, let me know here so that we can possibly create a group within the game together.

I am interested, I was looking at the presale box at Fry's and Best Buy yesterday but right now I am being sucked into the world of StarWars a galaxy divided with my Master Armorsmith / Rifleman. My wife might kill me if I paid out on yet another monthly expense...

Those MMORPG's are the DEVIL I tell you.

I'll probably have a character for it on a friend's account once it comes out, since he sounds interested. Interesting thing is you'll rpobably be able to recognize who I am in it. I took a look at some screenshots, and I figure I could make Endeavor almost faithfully. I think my friend would make some sort of hybrid human-animal type.

lucky you prodigy

Broke+immense debt+no computer+no phone line=me

frownsmilefrownsmile

sounds like fun, but my friends are all hooked on Final fantasy XXI online, everycrack personified!!

GRrrrr.......

"back in the day when I was young, I'm not a kid anymore, but somedays I think,'Why I haven't bought a computer yet!!"

• 2 weeks later...

We pre-ordered from Gamestop because we liked the look of that rainbow effect on the "bonus" power you get from the pre-orders. I've toyed with cancelling the pre-order (since its backordered so it will delay us getting into beta) and order from one of the other places instead, but what the hey. A few days or weeks delay for a beta isn't too big a price to pay for a visual effect we lke most. smile

bwahahahah...I just got my City of Heroes pre-order box in the mail...these screen-shots make me believe this game is gonna be sick. I wish they knew how much the monthly fee will be...$9.95 a month is one thing, $29.95 is a whole different kettle of monkeys altogether...

Chosen, not sure how to make sure of the same server, but for us lucky (read: $50 poorer) pre-orderers, there is a beta starting April 7...it would be nice to get a group going during the beta...I suppose there is a legal reason we can't call ourselves Team Tomorrow... laugh but we Aberrants should definitely stick together...

I'm not exactly sure how you determine what server you are on in CoH. I have never played a mmorpg, but almost everyone that I know has, and the 1 thing that they always bitch about is that 1 person gets on server X, while another gets on server Y, and if they want to play together one of them has to start over again. Whenever the official is released and we can all play with our primary characters, everyone just needs to post what server they signed up for and then everyone else should check out this thread and join the same server.

Ok, they're sending more beta invites tomorrow (this) morning...I haven't been this excited about a game since Neverwinter Nights. We need a team name, first. I suggest:

Novas of Paragon City (NPC)

Metahuman Action League (MAL)

Partners in Action eXtreme (PAX)

Unified Team Of Powerful Individual Activists (UTOPIA)

National Organization of Vigilant Aberrants (NOVA)

lol

Or, (dead serious) how hard would it be to get permission to use:

Team Tomorrow (T2M)

I mean, as a fan group that also plays online?

Comments?

I seriously doubt that T2m will be recognized in the game. And if so, there's always options to get around that by changing it a little.

What characters are people going to play? I'm just curious if people are going to try and make their characters from here. I know that at least 1 of mine will be a character from here.

Well, 'Speed' had been taken...as had 'Titan', my fave character. So I will be playing 'Titanus'...He will be a Tanker archtype, with the Mutant origin (I figure all novas are mutants as defined by CoH, i.e. born with their powers which develop in late adolescence..Although I could see a case made for accident or technology)...I will probably get the Superstrength and Invulnerable power sets to begin with, and work my way up to Flight, Lightning Blast, and Superspeed...

And, what do you mean by 'recognized'? Because supergroups are player defined. We could call ourselves the Uber Butt Monkeys, and we'd have a supergroup. Unless you mean a copyright violation...what about my other group names? No good, you no like?

Because, here's the thing...I'm gonna get a team going. I'd be happiest if it were with Abby dorks, rather than EQ dorks (if you get my meaning...nothing against EQ, exactly, but it wasn't my bag, Aberrant is)...which means that I need to set up a, I dunno, a yahoo group at first I suppose, then a web site...hell, I don't know that much about all that stuff, but I'll sure learn. A chance to be a member of a Super Hero Group, even if it is vicarious online gaming, are you kidding? So, I figure I gotta start with a name, a mission statement (Building a better tomorrow using the power of today...or something), and try to get my recruitment on. I know that you don't get to start a team in-game until you've reached a certain level, but I'd like to have one ready to go...

City of Heroes is unbelievably cool! Can't say much more without violating the NDA, but every person who can from this forum should run, not walk, to buy the pre-order. You can get it at Best Buy or Electronic Boutique for about $10, you are guaranteed in beta testing by tomorrow, and if you don't like it, go get your $10 back, because you haven't actually bought the game yet. Although I guarantee that you will love this game...

Okay, I'm not sure if this is in the NDA or not, but I gotta ask. How many characters can you have to a server?

I know that SWG only allows 1 per, and EQ allows a certain number per.

I was just wondering because a friend of mine is into MMORPGs, and we have the abiltiy to two-box. Me on one, him on the other. And 10 dollars to get in on the beta test sounds like a freaking awesome deal.

(And BTW, I've seen stuff that's available, character and design wise. I'm so loving it. Endeavor may after all be walking around Paragon City. Pink pig-tails and all.)

On a side note, if you're interested in setting up a forum for an eventual team/guild/association, I cannot reccomend more highly Conforums . Just don't use pop-up blockers. (The pop-up ads are rare.)

I use conforums for a forum myself, and they're great for a free forum.

(Edit: Conforums is temporarily pop-up free. W00T!)

I believe it is 8 characters allowed per server.

If we need a forum for the guild, I'll set something up here.

Speed, by not recognized I mean that I don't think it will have a problem with it. There should be some way that we can phrase it so that it will be accepted.

I'm pumped.

Archived