Nemisis Facility: Day 3

Courier

Originally Posted By: Crusades NPCs
Three targest pop up, vaguely human in outline, with concentric rings over the crotch (Accelerates little touch even though this isn't her testing ground), heart, and heads. One is moving side to side slowly, one is coming at Violet, and the last is standing still. The look to be made out of paper and plywood. This is an illusion, of course, but it lessons the percieved threat level of the targets.

Violet was on the roll. She was so angry and destroying the pedestal didn’t do much to change the fury she felt. The new targets appeared and she instantly attacked them without any tactical or situational assessment of the situation. Her anger made her blind.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When the voice on the radio started Will thought about turning it on and then just tapping on the radio. Instead he disregarded it as 'too clever' and walked into the hallway.

Will immediately noticed he'd been wrong, there were two doors leading left. They turned out to be the bathroom & kitchen, both with lights off and to a quick glance looked empty. There could be someone out of sight behind a door or something but he didn't have time to search.

The hallway paralleled the stairs, then turned right to an intersection. The stairs went up to what was now his right, doors to his left and forward. The TV seemed to be coming from one of them but he couldn't tell which one.

There was a shout from the TV room, some excited talking, then the decision was made for Will as a man holding a hand gun walked out of the left hand doorway. He looked pissed then surprised. Whatever he'd been expecting it hadn't been Will.

Will thrust his staff spear-like into the man's chest, right above where his heart should be. In full view of the left opening he staggered backwards and into the 'forward' entrance. Will guessed he'd come from the TV room and charged left.

Seven, now six men had been watching the TV on the left hand wall. Four were standing up and had probably been stretching. Will could see a handgun tucked into the belt of the closest man who was facing away from him. There were some machine guns in a line up against a wall. They'd probably been watching a sporting event, maybe even football.

Round 1: Will took the easiest out first by hitting the man facing away from him in the side of the head, then smoothly reversed the motion and slammed the staff-without-a-staff into the upper arm of another standing man. The first fell without a sound, the second screamed and clutched one ruined arm with his other.

One of the men on the couch leaped towards the row of guns and tripped. The two standing men backed away and clawed at their clothing in a rush to draw their guns. The other sitting man pulled a sword out from under the couch and stood up, and up. He was a big guy, bigger than Will, maybe seven foot.

"Go." She waited until the patrol of dogs had passed then dashed out, flying only to jump the fence, avoiding touching it. She remained airborne and made her way to the roof of the building as silently as she could. Once on the roof she stooped a moment to center herself, listening for the sounds nearby, planning her entry into the building. She could try to rip the door open, but that would set off an alarm. She could break in a window, but that made alot of noise.

"Damn. I don't have any experience doing this crap."

Violet

Three more targets popped up. This time they were human appearing. The first and third were men pointing guns at here, leering. The middle one was a surprised woman holding a bag of groceries. Things were happening so fast now. Violet had to react as much as concentrate. She felt a hammering head ache coming on. Still there was the anger.

Alley Cat

The roof had a low slope and was easty to stand on. What it didn't have was a skylight. Alley was about to give up when she head a door shut further up the way. She heard someone walking down a flight of metallic stairs, stop and start coming back up. He was jingling some keys. Would she investigate?

Click to reveal..

Awareness Check (+1 dif - looking up, who looks up?) (10:52:38) ChatBot: rolls 4d10 and gets 10,2,9,9 = 3 successes.

Alley needs 3 successes to not bee seen by the guy, if she goes to investigate him.

Of the two men who were clawing at their clothing, only one was reaching for his 9mm in his waistband. The other one was reaching for his radio. Apparently at least this one knew their situation was helpless, and wanted to alert the rest of the building about the rampaging, homocidal maniac that was loose in the building.

The large man with the sword approached William, partially blocking everyone else from view, as the one with the 9mm finally squeezed of his first two rounds un-aimed. Since he didn't want to hit his comrade, those went wide, but William knew that he probably wouldn't be so lucky with future rounds.

The same thing was true with the man who had tripped, but managed to pull an AK-47 to himself by the shoulder strap. William heard the saftey clicking off and just knew that the guy would put it on full-auto.

Click to reveal..
Ok, I know that these guys were caught off guard, but please don't make them bumbling idiots. These guys are ex-military; they have some training. I'll give these two you, but keep in mind that this is supposed to be a challenge with your next posts.

Thank you, have a nice killing spree.

Will mentally swore. If he ran up the stairs he'd have 4 AKs at his back.

If this had been a movie this would have been the time for an epic battle between sword and staff while the guns stayed quiet out of respect. Both fighters would have gotten minor scratches and gained each others respect before one beat the other.

In real life combat is brutal and short and men with the guns moved into a position where they could open fire. The sword and staff connected, Will reversed his weapon and made contact with the big man's shoulder... and inflicted a crippling injury. Stunned he fell down, the man with the 9mm shot at Will twice, connect twice, but at such an angle that both glanced off.

The radio man dropped his radio and picked up an AK-47, the other AK-47 opened up on full-auto... and Will stepped back into the hallway.

Click to reveal..
Will and the swordsman both split their actions, one offense, one defense. Will reserved his defensive move to dodge into the hallway when the AK opened up on him.

Alley Cat

Alex looks down and sees the man stick a key in the door, twist the knob, and begin to go inside. He is softly whistling to himself. He is definitely not looking up. From the way he moves, the door has no resistance to it. He may either slam it shut as he walks inside, or turn and shut it. Alexa has only seconds to act.

Will mentally smiled at his own cleverness as the hail of bullets covered where he used to be. The moment he heard the empty clip click he charged back into the room, cut the guy with the hand gun in half... and the radio guy opened up on him with his AK on full auto while the other guy reloaded.

Will dodged some of it, turned his body to give the bullets a bad angle... and still took enough punishment to kill a normal man. Even with Will's invulnerability strips of his flesh came off and it hurt! enough that Will fell to the ground.

Click to reveal..
17d10.hits(6) [4,4,8,6,3,4,7,3,3,10,6,6,7,6,4,5,7] = (9) +2 diff drops that to 7 sux.

Will's reflexive Dodge: 5d10.hits(6) [9,2,7,10,1] = (3)

Thus 4 sux to hit, or +3 damage dice from acc (total of 10)

Damage Rolled: 10d10.hits(6) [6,7,9,10,7,1,9,4,8,2] = 7 damage sux

Soak Rolled: 3d10.hits(6) → [2,3,6] = (1) + 2 auto = 3.

4 Damage Levels, Will is Hurt, -2 dice

Alexandra knows this is it. She drops down silently behind him and lashes out with a hard chop to the back of his neck, hoping to knock him out cold.

(splitting action (09:12:03) ChatBot: (Ally_Kat) rolls 10d10 and gets 10,1,4,3,7,3,5,8,4,7. slealth to drop unseen (4) successes

(09:21:06) ChatBot: (Ally_Kat) rolls 8d10 and gets 4,5,10,9,7,1,3,3. attack check (3 sucesses)

Originally Posted By: Crusades NPCs
Violet

Three more targets popped up. This time they were human appearing. The first and third were men pointing guns at here, leering. The middle one was a surprised woman holding a bag of groceries. Things were happening so fast now. Violet had to react as much as concentrate. She felt a hammering head ache coming on. Still there was the anger.

Violet tried to ride the wave and use her anger to focus her attacks. Again she leashed out with her telekinesis completely ignoring any defense or her own safety.

William didn't know how long he'd been out, but he woke up with little shafts of bright sunlight in his eyes. Once his vision cleared, he noticed that it was coming through the burlap awning that he was under. From the height of the sun it appeared to be midday... but that wasn't the oddest thing.

William noticed that it was hot, very hot; but it was drier than any heat that he'd ever felt before. However, as he looked around, it made sense. Sand dunes as far as the eye could see, except for the little shelter he was laying in, and, of course Draygo.

There was a dune, just to the 'front' of the little shelter, which was nothing more than four wooden posts with a rectangular piece of burlap on the top to provide a modicum of shade. Also, there was a sort of beaded curtian at the 'back' of the little shelter, adding to the slight shade under the shelter. Draygo was 'duller' than William remembered him, almost as if the windblown sand had etched Draygo's scales until there was no shine left.

Draygo, for his part, was crouched, looking over the dune in front of them, studying something intently off in the distance. William, for his part, was lying on several rugs that had been layed down on top of the sand. He was feeling fine, not hurt, rested and refreshed. Of course, one look at his clothing plainly showed why he had blacked out; it was full of bullet holes, mostly centered around his center of mass. Those 'captors' had been pretty good shots with their AK-47's.

Will checked himself out. Clothes have holes, I don't. Shoot that's a useful power. Tool? Whatever. Effective immortality. No matter how bad you screw up you pop up fine in a few minutes. Pity it's only here.

That was a winnable game. Take out the first room. Walk to the second, get complete surprise, take them out before they get the AKs. Focus Will. Not the first time you lost, won't be the last either. Never worry about the previous game in the middle of a current one. Winners keep playing, losers quit. That's the big difference.

So this is... Middle East? Would fit with the theme of the crew I fought last time.

Will got up and looked for some binoculars. Whether or not he found any he moved to peer over the dune with Draygo and see what he was looking at.

There was nothing in the makeshift shelter that William could find except for a couple of plastic, drab olive, military canteens, filled with warm water that tasted like wet dog, and leaning up against one of the corner poles.

As William went up to the dune, he noticed that Draygo was on one knee, with one forearm lying across the knee that was up and the other arm hanging down, his talons/fingers idly drawing/fidgiting in the sand. His gaze was far off, and his emotions were eeriely calm; like the eye of a storm. If he noticed William's approach, he didn't let on.

Over the ridge of the dune, William was able to see what Draygo was studying so intently. On the outskirt of what appeared a small middle eastern town, Draygo seemed to be watching a larger two story building. As William watched, he saw several arabic men in white turbans walking around the building with AK-47's on straps around their shoulders. The building itself was fairly nondescript, except for the guards and the brightly covered awnings. Then, just as William was about ready to speak, he saw a man exit. The man was very well dressed, unlike the other people he could see milling about the edge of town (none came close to this building though). He also had two men in black suits following him, with a beautiful but poorly dressed woman between them. Her rags barely covered her, and her demenor was that of one who had given up all hope.

Violet

Violet worked with her anger if not directly through it. She took on more targets, moving targets and targets with body armor (going for the throat and crotch). She was really feeling like a chimp being forced to perform when Morph suddenly said,

"Enough. You've done as best as could be expected. I know you see yourself a certain way, but I am asking you to keep your mind open to other realities. Do you understand me?" he cautioned.

The room twisted and reshaped until it was a desert scene with Draygo on a dune and Willima leaving a partial shelter for his side. Violet was under the partial shade of the shelter, looking up at them, Morph having vanished.

Alley Cat

Getting inside had turned out to be the easy part. She had stressed her speed and agility to spring past waiting guards, or run down the few lone ones she encountered. Sharp tingling pains in her side and leg showed her the danger of automatic weapon's fire. Still, she had managed to evade them and find her target ... when he shot and 'killed' her.

Lying on the now white floor, Accelerate said,

"Trust no one, even the assholes you are supposed to be helping."

The scene turned again, into a desert scape. Alleycat was in the sand with Accelerate. Across from her Violet stood in the shade of a burlap roof on posts with a beaded wall. William was moving from the 'shelter' to where Draygo knelt on top of a dune.

"Go talk with your team mates," Accelerate counciled in a bored tone. Alley was getting the sensation that Accelerate preferred to work alone.

Will looked at Alexandra in surprise but then smiled. He'd missed her when he'd checked things out a moment ago... probably because she hadn't been there. Team sport this time.

Will turned to show Alex his chest which had about 50 holes in it and said, "I didn't live long enough to get shot by the target."

Will spotted Violet and noticed her emotional state. He said, "So far Alex and I are '0' for '2'. How'd you do?"

Violet opened her mouth trying to answer his question but instead shook her head.

"I think I failed miserably. But it wasn't my fault!", she added in self-defense.

"Everyone is expecting things from me I know nothing about and never had any interest in. I'm no superspy like James Bond. I'm a model for christ's sake!", she knew that last part would cause trouble again and she instinctly flinched looking at Draygo.

Maybe they would kill her because she was such a failure? She started to cry quietly and faded into the background giving control back to Samantha.

"I'm sorry said.", said Samantha with no sign of tears in her face. Even her voice was steady and not broken. Emotionally she felt sorry for Violet but didn't share her fears or anger about the situation.

"I think she just expected this all to be very different. I don't know if we're ready for this and I'm no super-agent either.", Samantha apologized trying to win sympathy for her case. Then she looked down at herself and realized she was standing there in just her bra and panties. She blushed beet red in embarrassment - this was clearly not her day.

Alexandra shrugs and takes off her shirt, revealing that she'd actually come prepared for a workout this time, wearing the full track ensemble.

She handed the shirt to Samantha. "Can't do you anything for the bottom, that I gotta keep on, but I'm taller than you so it should cover most of you."

She chuckles. "Besides we've all seen each other in a swimsuit, this ain't much different." She'd resumed her tomboyish exterior, and while Violet was the ficture of feminine beauty, Alexandra's perfectly toned body was the image of female athleticism.

"Sure I ran track and everything, but that's nothing like what they've been having me do. In a way it's fun, but I see where you're coming from."

Draygo turned and looked at the three of them, taking his time to answer William's question. When he spoke, it was different than they'd heard it before, softer and without the bass undertone that made you feel as well as hear what he was saying.

"This isn't just another training excercise. We've gotten our first mission today." He turned and looked at each one in turn as he spoke. "Each of you had specalized training today that was meant to try and prepare you for the mission we're doing today. Samantha, I don't mind you being here, I really don't, but make sure that Violet hears and sees what's happening." He turned back to the group as a whole to finish. "After we're finished here, you all will clean up and gear up and then we'll head out for our first mission.

Our target is down there, that building. It's a slave trader, primarially female sex slaves for the royalty of the area. We're going to go in, bust up the business, and get those women out of there."

Draygo waited for responses before continuing.

From the look Will gave Sam he was wishing profoundly that she'd gotten the 50 holes in her chest's clothing... but Alex and then Draygo spoke before he could put his foot in his mouth.

Draygo snapped Will back to reality. Live mission. The next 50 holes would kill him. Hmm... Alex said something interesting.

Will said quietly, "Should we expect any hostile supers? And Alex said she got shot by her rescue target?"

Draygo shook his head at William's question. "While that is always a possibility, we don't expect any opposition except by those regular humans employed by the ring."

William couldn't be for sure, but Draygo might have been witholding something; but he was unsure. No body else could tell anything, except that this wasn't a game anymore.

Alexandra is mildly shocked. "Okay, so we've had two days training and you guys are gonna toss us into a live fire situation?"

"That's just insane, you know."

She seems to consider and nods. "Fine, whatever. How many guards, and what sort of security measures? Do we have an actual map of the layout?"

Samantha sighed and gave the shirt back to Alex, "Thank you, I really appreciate it but I'm not needed here."

A faint sigh could be heard before she changed back to Violet who was still struggling with tears. Violet quickly adopted the clothes the others were wearing which looked perfectly like the real thing. It was strange to know that she was mostly naked 'underneath'.

"When we're done with this I want to talk to someone who can tell me what the fuck is going on. You must have some superior who is calling the shots. No offense Draygo but I'm as much had it. If you want to get us killed, why don't you just go ahead and get it over with?"

Her anger and frustration spread out like a cloud around her affecting the others slowly.

Click to reveal..

Draygo liked William's willingness to go, but Alexandra and Violet's and even Samantha's reaction really bugged him. He was actually disappointed.

Draygo sighed, turned around fully to face everybody, and sat down in the sand. His voice sounded tired. "Ok, I know that this may seem a bit fast for you, and indeed it may be. However, I can tell you this, I wouldn't have allowed this if I didn't think that you could handle it. I'll be in the front taking most of the bullets, if indeed there are any. The ones that I don't catch William can handle. Alexandra, you're fast enough and employ tactics that are suprising enough to catch them off guard and keep you safe. Violet, you've got someone helping you in there, and you're probably the most powerful of any of us. You could make yourself look like one of them, snap a neck from a distance, or even just get in their head and convince them that we're the good guys and to shoot themselves instead of us.

What I'm saying is that you guys are capable of so much more than you're giving yourselves credit for. I know that you guys can do this.

Violet, as far as what's going on, I thought I explained this before, but let me try again. We all here have special abilities. We here are also free to do most anything, with only a few responsibilities placed on us. Outside of this place, there is another group of people with abilities, as well as black-op governmental agencies that would like nothing more than to round you up, perform greusome experiments on you, and then kill you.

Here you are safe, here you can train up to your full potential, and we ask very little of you. This mission is the first, and I won't lie, they'll be more. But they will be few in comparison to the days you can spend here in saftey doing whatever it is you choose.

I'll take the time now, to answer your questions to the best of my ability. Because, as much as I know that you can do this, I also know that you've gotta want to save these women. If you're resistant, then we could all suffer, but none of us more than those women who we would've otherwise saved.

So what's troubling you the most?"

"Wow, I feel like a total ass now, Draygo.", Violet said surprised.

"Of course I want to help on this mission. Why didn't you tell us straight out what is going on? I feel like I've been pushed around something of immense importance without ever really understanding why. Except for - 'if you don't then you're doomed'. Draygo - I wasn't even sure who's side we're on. Are we the good guys or the bad guys? Am I doing something good or bad? Why didn't you show us 'the other side' just to get a feeling what we're up to?", Violet looked at her teammates hoping that her questions would be shared by them.

"I already said I was in Draygo, my questions still stand. Unless we've got nothing, in which case it sounds like I have to do recon on the ground on my own."

This may not be your first time doing this sort of thing but it will be ours. I'd like to make sure we all are here to take on the next one."

Draygo looked between Violet and Alexandra, speaking to the latter first. "We actually have very good intel, that's what this setup is for. That way you can get a feel of the layout, the entry and exit points and who and where we last knew the guards to be and patrol."

He then turned to Violet. His voice was still soft, but his tone had much less disapointment in it. "It was not my intention to make you feel as such Violet, just as it was not my intention to make Samantha feel unwelcome.

And, in answer to your question, there are several reasons why you were not told everything up front. The main reason being that I thought that you were going through quite enough, and I thought that I would let you get settled a bit before dumping more on you. And, as for why we haven't shown you the other sides is because, quite frankly, they're too powerful. They are on par with me as far as skills and training go; so there is no way to accurately represent them to you without any one of them 'mopping the floor' with you... no offense. If that's what you want, I can arrange it, however as it stands, you'll get more training, learn to use your powers better, and then we'll show them to you."

His last words were spoken dead seriously. This was the way it was and there would be dire consequenses indeed if anyone acted differently, "Needless to say, if any of them show up while we're out on a mission, I'll distract them while you make it quicker than possible to the extraction point. Am I understood?" He looked at the group looking for affermation, as well as waiting for any further questions or comments.

Will spoke up saying,

"This is our cherry run. That's why we're fighting normals, that's why the goals are so stark. We're going to have work for it but this is a mismatch in our favor. Seriously, we're going to be fine."

*And they assigned this to us in part to see if any new powers would pop out under actual field conditions.*

She looked at Draygo and her eyes couldn’t meet his, she was too ashamed of her selfis behaviour, ”I’m sorry Draygo – I can be quite a bitch I suppose. I hope you accept my apology – I’m still getting used to this.”

Will’s self confident nature made Violet smile again and it seemed as she had forgotten the trouble she just caused. ”Of course I’m in, without me you guys stand no chance.”, she winked at her team mates and shifted her outfit to something out of a sci-fi black-ops anime. Skin tight, curves-hugging and not a tiny bit functional but at least it was black.

”I’m ready.”

Draygo nodded to Violet, then to Alexandra, and then to William. His response was in his normal tone. "Violet, I do. Now let's let this be the end of it. This is just a mockup of where we'll be going, based on our last intel. You will have time to change before we go, and we will go in during the day. Now, let's stop this simulation and go walk around and familiarize ourselves with the area."

With that he stood up and started walking towards the building with the garishly colored awnings and curtians. As they walked, they would notice that all the people were stopped in mid-action, including one of the guards in black in the middle of backhanding the woman that they had brought out of the slavery house.

Will eyed Violet's black outfit and said, "It looks good on you."

Draygo snapped him back to reality and Will said, "Good. Really good. It's like getting a long look at the other teams play book."

Will walked over to the building and made a point to count guards and remember room lay outs.

Violet followed Will determined to help to the best of her abilities.

"I could try to get into one of the guards minds and try to look for any important information they got. Alarms and secret codes and stuff. Is this thing here accurate? Are there any female guards or only males?"

Violet looked around trying to find a female guard in the simulation.

Alexandra walked along making notes of the entrances, the windows, where the good amush locations were, everything she could think of that would be important in the coming mission.

"In Fatiques, with a hat and the right look, A woman can easily pass for a man. Worst case scenario you can Shapeshift into a man for a little while and get in that way right?"

Will finished processing a comment Draygo made earlier about Violet being the strongest of them and he turned to look at Violet again. Will asked, "Violet... could you telepathically order the guards to kill each other?"

The building that they looked at and walked through appeared old, though minimally kept up. It was a two story building, and was about twice as long as it was tall. The foyer was gayly colored with bright, shear curtians, rugs, pillows and wall hangings. It actually looked like a middle eastern bordello, which from what Draygo said it could double as. Outside of the main foyer there were several rooms that were similarly elaborately decorated, even one containing a bed. However, once outside of this 'preview area' the walls were bare concrete, with the rebar showing in some places. Most of the rooms down here were living quarters for the majority of the guards. A full half of the second floor, at the complete opposite of the stairwell, was the room where all the slaves were kept. On the way to their 'room' there was a single, open shower stall that was still wet. It appeared less like a regular shower and more like a place where the guards pressure-washed the slaves. There were several elaborate offices, complete with wood paneling and ivory, and one very opulant bedroom that was similarly decorated. As far as the prisoner's cell/room, there were about thirty women in there, all wearing wisps of clothing. It was obvious that all the men that passed through this building thought of them as nothing more than pieces of property, meat, objects for their personal gratification or some mixture of the above.

Draygo, for his part, led them through, almost disinterestedly, and his emotions gave no sign of this fazing him.

As they walked, Draygo looked to Violet first, and then to the others. "I don't think you're quite understanding. This place sells slaves, female slaves, usually to the royalty for harems or whatever else they want them for. This area of the world is very sexually segregated as well as very close. Disguises, unless it's Violet copying exactly what one of these guys looks and talks like, isn't going to work.

Alexandra, I want you to get a good look at where they keep the slaves, and the route between there and the door. Once we're finished here, I'll show you where we'll have an operative wating to take the women that we've freed. Your job, with your super strength and super speed will be to get in there, and carry them, as quickly as you can, to our operative. Violet, I want you with the slaves as well. Convince them, using whatever means necessary, to cooperate with Alexandra. Also, as much confusion as you can manage among the guards would make William and my job easier.

William, our job is to take out the guards and other people who run this ring as quickly and effeciently as possible. I know it's a lot to ask ov you right now, but you've been doing very well in these mock-ups.

After we're finished, we torch the place and head home. Everybody got it?"

Archived