Nemisis Facility: Day 3

Courier

Will woke up the next morning and felt great! Not hurt, not aching from the previous day's work out. He was *fresh* and raring to go. The first thing he noticed was he was alone.

*Violet must have left after I fell asleep... darn it... not that I was up for anything last night. If she were wearing that outfit right now I'd wake her up.*

*And speaking of waking up, this wasn't a sound test of the healing factor. Eight hours was enough but less might have worked.*

*I'll see if the others are up and then go for some food. Oh, and let's get dressed first.*

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Violet decided to leave Will's quarters unless she would risk breaking her own rules. Her thoughts still lingered on "what-ifs" before she went to bed - she had completely forgotten to retrieve Sam's clothes from Will's bathroom, though.

There's a reason to visit him again, she mused to herself.

She picked some sexy underwear to spare Samantha from any "nasty" surprises should she be forced to retreat. Her new trick was simply too tempting to not use.

Violet found that a mirror helped a lot to visualize what she wanted to "wear". After a few minutes toying around with different styles and textures she settled on mixture of comfortable and sexy for breakfast. She had to show off her navel and fit abs though, there was no other option.

Arriving at the Cafeteria her eyes quickly found William or to be precise a telepathic scan located him. She found herself more and more comfortable using her powers and it became second nature. William seemed to be absorbed with his breakfast so she decided to gently "ping" him and draw his attention to her.

Over here..., he had barely time looking up to her his eyes on level with her cleavage for a second before she sat next to him.

"Did you sleep well?", she flashed him a smile and used her telekinesis to "reach" for her OJ.

Originally Posted By: Violet
Over here..., he had barely time looking up to her his eyes on level with her cleavage for a second before she sat next to him.

"Did you sleep well?", she flashed him a smile and used her telekinesis to "reach" for her OJ.
Will looked to see Violet... and found himself at eye level with her cleavage and then looked down the front of her outfit as she sat down.

*I'm sure she does that deliberately... maybe in 80 or 90 years I'll ask her to stop. No way that outfit is 'real'... meaning she's probably naked.*

Will more than half expected Violet to be listening in and he raised an eyebrow and watched to see if her face would turn red or she'd acknowledge that thought.

Will answered Violet, "Too well." *Now if I'd beaten Draygo or been less beaten by him I might have been in shape for a more active sleep. Now that's incentive.*

Originally Posted By: Ally Kat
Once again Alexandra joined them, this time already clad in a t-shirt and shorts for training. She had a huge stack of pancakes, bacon, eggs, and biscuits.

"Ready for another day of fun and training?"
With an effort Will turned and looked at Alex to say, "Oh yes. I fully intend to do better today... in every way."

With that cryptic comment Will started eating again. Will had prepared a truly impressive amount of food, enough for two men. A thought occurred to him and he asked Alex, "Say, what's 'faultless' anyway?"

Violet nodded very motivated by the outlook to go back to training while she answered to Will, I still got some underwear on - for Sam's sake. And I'm sure you wouldn't fail my expectations. I'm glad that I can motivate you.

While she had decent meal arranged it was overshadowed by both her teammates in size and amount. Violet chuckled a little looking at both her companions plates.

"I suppose you don't have trouble getting fat by the way your metabolism works, eh?", before anyone could answer she picked up Will's line.

"Yeah, that faultless thing intrigues me, too. How does it feel being faultless, Alex?", it wasn't clear if Violet's question was sincere or a hidden tease. The smile she flashed her was faultless for sure.

The cafeteria had emptied out quite a bit. A glance to the clock revealed that it was almost time for their training session; interesting that Draygo hadn't shown up yet.

Then, as if on cue, he showed up, but stayed in the doorway. William was the only one who was able to tell that Draygo was frazzled beyond all belief, but he hid it well enough that the other two had no clue. His voice, when he spoke, didn't quite reverberate off the walls, but it did cause everybody's drinks to ripple. "My team, you can finish up what you've gotten, but hurry up, it's almost time for training."

Again, it was only William who could sense the undercurrent of Draygo's words. Apparently he was very gifted at hiding his emotions. Along with the frazzled-ness that William was able to sense in Draygo, there was also an urgency when he spoke. Something was up, and it was readily apparent that this was more than just your average training session.

With the three of them in tow, Draygo led the group to the training room. His step was a little faster than usual, and William could tell that he was extremely emotionally turbulant.

Once in the training room, Morph motioned for Violet and Accelerate for Alexandra. Draygo of course took William.

Once everybody was with their teacher, the dividing walls grew up out of the floor, just like before; and once they touched the celing everything started.

Draygo and William's room was the same as before, but Draygo, instead of taking a fighting stance, actually sat down on the mat in front of William and motioned for him to do the same.

"Training's going to be a little different today..."

Will sat down on the mat facing Draygo. He'd been expecting something like this would happen at some point, but he'd half expected to have a different teacher than Draygo when this day came. Hand to hand combat was just a *part* of Martial Arts. There were also spiritual aspects, and then there were his empathic powers.

Will nodded acceptance without saying anything and just waited.

Accelerate looked at Alex for possilby the first time.

"Okay Kid" (she didn't look much older than Alex)"different work-out today. This is the 'pracitical' application of your talents. Do NOT hold back."

The scene transformed into a street diagram, including people. Everything was frozen.

"The excercise is take away the item, in this case the guns, and slam the perp. No need to put them out, just knock them down and move on."

"Oh yeah, hitting civilians will cost you points," she added in her most bored tone.

Before Alexa could move, a shot come out of the crowd and struck her arm. It was incredibly painful and Alexa almost stumbled. Her arm remained limp.

"Did I forget to tell you, the guns hurt and will cause you some difficulty for around," Alexa's arm began to tingle again and return to it's full function, " about now. Now, get to the end of the street, taking out all the gunman."

The street scene came to life right as Accelerate said,

"Now GO!", and the first two gunmen took out their weapons and began to take aim. People began screaming and trying to get out of the way. Cars kept moving about as normal though - with people inside.

Morph looked ... worried? concerned?

"Today Violet we are going to push to the next level. We are going to use all of your abilities, and rapidly. It is important that you learn to act and appear innocent, even to your victim."

The scene became a series of tenements.

"Now when you are getting inside somewhere, try to study the security measures. Look for their weaknesses and how to best exploit them. You then find someone to copy and go in. Remember, act like the person you are imitating."

"Okay, take off as much ... wait," he smiles, "you have forgone clothes. Good, you are learning."

"In this test, you have three missions. One, get inside. Two, take out the two guards at the ornate door on the third level. Third, capture the man at the desk in the office."

"Note, take out means remove by any means, not necessarily fight. People inside tend to react to different people inside a complex since they assume you are supposed to be there. Act confidenlty like you know what you are doing. Bluff."

His tone sounds worried.

"Okay, I'll be a fly close-by. Call out if you need to, but only if you need to. In many assignments you will be alone. Think that way."

"That is the house," he points out. Violet can see two men lounging around the front. She thinks they might be armed.

"You have a minute to start and twenty minutes to complete your mission - starting now."

Morph begins his tansformation into a flying insect.

Violet was both excited and nervous. Morph’s unusual behaviour worried her and she had trouble catching up with what he was saying. Forcing herself to concentrate on the matter she nodded at him but felt clueless about what to do.

Security measures? I’m not burglar.

She had absolutely no idea what to do and desperately looked back at the front door. Nervously chewing on her lips she suddenly heard Samantha’s voice.

Lure that one guy away with your telepathy, knock him out here and then assume his shape.

Knock him out? How?

Can you make him fall asleep?

I don’t know… I can try though.

Violet was relieved that Sam came up with an idea. She concentrated on the guard closest to her reaching out for his mind and pushed him to check around the corner where she would be waiting for him.

Once he was around the corner she hoped her next trick would work on him.

William sat down in front of Draygo, and the stillness and silence of the room surrounded them for several moments before Draygo started softly.

"Ok, today is a little different. While charging a stick with your psychic energy is impressive and effective, you may have figured out by now that they're not always the most convienant things to carry around. The ability to create one of your own, when you need it, will be a very useful ability for you.

Psychic energy is, in short, the energy of the mind, pure and simple. Violet uses it to invade others minds and manipulate emotions. You, however, can give it physical form, and use it for offense and defense alike.

You, for the most part, are very much like me; a physical fighter. We are used to training our musscles and our bodies to do extrodinary things. We eat food, and the nutrients from that go into our cells, that make energy that our muscles use to move and grow stronger. We draw upon our strength and stamina for our feats. Psychic energy is similar, yet completely different. It doesn't have a physical component. However, as our physical abilities draw from our strength and stamina, your psycic energy draws from your force and strength of will.

Are you following me so far?"

Draygo would continue his explanation of psychic energies and how they were produced and manefested until William got at least some form of a grasp on it. He even used Football analagies to help him along.

Then the hard part began, conjuring a staff of pure psychic energy...

Click to reveal..
((you can gloss over and/or fill in as much as you'd like. Have fun.))

Will accepted the explanations for psychic energy and how it worked... and then proceeded to fail to make a staff without a staff for some time.

After *much* failure and frustration, Draygo said, "New plan. We'll inch you there."

Draygo got out a physical staff perhaps half the width of the previous one... and Will made it ignite. Then they halved that again with the next staff, and then again with a third. For the fourth they went to a plastic rod, and for the fifth, metal.

Will was really starting to feel the effort at this point. Igniting a staff was much harder than keeping it burning. For the sixth staff Will had to ignite a length of string held stiff between two anchors.

Draygo pointed out, "Again, notice the fire is wider than the string. The string isn't burning, it's almost not there, we can't even see it... and that's not 'almost', we removed the string a minute ago. Congratulations, you're burning air."

The staff-without-a-staff flickered but didn't go out. Will managed to keep concentrating and it burned even more strongly. After a moment Will hefted it and said with surprise, "It has weight?!"

Will took a practice swing with it, then held on his hands in front of him and practiced having it flicker almost into non-existence then bringing it back. After several tries he let it go completely out and then brought it all the way back.

Will said, "That was a lot easier than I made it out to be. Almost embarrassingly easy. I should have been able to do it an hour ago."

Draygo nodded sagely, then waved his hand to behind William. When he turned around, there were three, semi-articulated and semi-automated sparring dummies. The dummies in and of themselves wouldn't provide much challenge, the challenge would come from trying to split concentration between keeping the staff and attacking.

Click to reveal..
Again, feel free to gloss or fill in as you see fit. Good job with the last post. A+

Will had already practiced at keeping a normal staff lit up, the only part that made this 'harder' was the knowledge that if he broke concentration it'd cease to exist.

Counter-intuitively, the three 'robo-goons' attacking made Will's job much easier. Will had always been a 'here and now' kind of guy. He could plan for the future, but the first priority was always what was in front of him. When the dummies attacked Will stopped thinking about his metaphysical worries about a staff-without-a-staff, and the only thing that became real was the fight. Without metaphysical distractions his staff obligingly stayed real and solid.

Keeping the staff real and burning didn't take any more concentration than just keeping one burning, and the fight quickly became very one sided. Draygo doubled their number, then let them all vanish. Draygo asked Will, "What did you think?"

Will replied with staff in hand, "It was easy. As long as I don't think about it not being real I'm fine." On cue the staff flickered and almost went out, Will frowned and it came back like a reluctant puppy. Will added, "Seriously. If I need it, it'll be there."

Alexandra, arm still slightly numb from the shot, nods, dashing off towards the two gunmen. She pulls off a burst of extra speed, even faster than she was they day before. She almost hit a car, but jumped into flight at the last second to avoid it.

(Rolled dex and dodge to avoid a car

(08:55:24) ChatBot: (Ally_Kat) rolls 12d10 and gets 6,6,6,5,6,5,2,10,4,6,1,4. 6 successes

If Dex and Flight is required i can drop one success (die) or reroll.

If I can reach them in a single turn I want to try the multiple action ability of the hyper-speed power.)

Draygo nodded at William again. His tone was still low and his emotions still muddled (though less so now than they had been before). With that he stood, and backed into the wall, actually disappearing as he passed though it.

"You seem to be picking up rather quickly... let's see how well you've really grasped the concepts."

And with that, Draygo completely disappeared behind the wall. However, even as the ripples of his passage were fading, William found himself in a completely new location; and he wasn't alone.

Instead of the pristine and serene training room, he was now in a grungy, grimy ally. It was dark, only being lit indirectly by a distant streetlight. However, even in the darkness, William could make out the 6 gang members that surrounded him. He could see the faint light glint off of a few knife blades, a couple chains and even some spiked brass knuckles. No guns though, 'luckally' enough. They were all in matching leather vests and ripped blue jeans, and they all appeared, as they surrounded him, ready for a fight.

And there was no staff in sight...

The man stumbles, first from seeing such a gorgeous woman, and then under the mental assualt. Unfortunately, the room decides that the man finds a deep wellspring of resistance, because he stumbles only slightly then starts reaching for his gun.

Click to reveal..

(14:23:26) ChatBot: (Adrian) rolls 3d10 and gets 10,6,10 = 3 successes.

Your power stunt cost you a willpower to do. You must do this four more times, spending willpower, to buy the stunt.

Roll Initiative:

(14:28:19) ChatBot: (Adrian) rolls 1d10 and gets 8 = 13 for the bad guy.

Morph can't contain himself and in a fly sized voice whispers,

"Use your TK on him."

The man is drawing his gun first then most likely calling for help.

Click to reveal.. (OOC)
Violet, that use of TP was a stunt. It burned a WP point (and it will until you can buy it)

Alexa

Click to reveal..

{Alexa, no re-roll necessary. You burn the action flying over the car, so you need to split your action against each gunman. They will attempt to resist a grab for their guns with a straight (Str. or Dex.)+Athletics - in this case three dice. These are the easy guys.}

{The first few cars will require two successes to dodge, then three, four, and finally five.}

{Initiative for gunmen and cars: 7 and 13}

{you can make out your rolls and I'll write it up if you like}

Will wasn't sure but he might have still been able to 'feel' Draygo around. As usual the events in front of him insisted on being dealt with first. In Real Life Will would have handled the situation differently. These guys weren't line men. He was pretty sure he could have pushed through two and ran for it. For that matter he could have given them his wallet too, but that wasn't the purpose of the exercise.

Will picked where he wanted to put his back, charged the thug in his way, and swung his non-existent staff *hard* up between the man's legs and *made* it appear right before impact. No dodge, no block, total surprise, and solid impact where no man wants a solid impact. With a whimper thug #1 folded and assumed a fetal position. The fight would be over one way or the other before he got up.

Thugs #2 and #3 closed and one connected with his spiked brass knuckles... but it ripped Will's shirt without damaging the flesh underneath it. Never good to depend on weak invulnerability but it was nice when it came through anyway. The other three closed to crowd him and this was going to get ugly.

Hoping the 'fire' aspect would hurt Will slammed his staff forward at chest level into #2 and #4, one yelled, one didn't. Two of them wrapped their chains around Will's staff and took it away from him. The other three, one of them hurt, stabbed at Will, he blocked one and took a good sized scratch from the two that connected.

With super human strength Will pushed through the crowd knocking down one of the guys he'd burned. Four of them closed, one slowly, the guy he knocked down climbed slowly to his feet.

Pulling the same stunt he'd done before, Will threw all his might into swinging a staff that only appeared in mid-swing. This time Thug #3 made a half attempt to block with a knife, missed, and his arm shattered right above the elbow. Will took a solid blow from a chain and another scratch-less wound from a knife in response.

Will retreated down the alley and the first two thugs to follow him took raps in their midsection and arm as they all followed. Will took two more damageless blows.

In the back of his mind Will wondered if they'd give up now. One was down, one was hurt bad, each of the four others had been hit with the staff too. They stepped forward and Will realized it wasn't done as long as anyone was standing.

Will got hit twice more before putting all five of the standing Thugs down. It wasn't very hard, all of them were hurting to one degree or another. Neither blow that he took did any damage.

Originally Posted By: Crusades NPCs
The man stumbles, first from seeing such a gorgeous woman, and then under the mental assualt. Unfortunately, the room decides that the man finds a deep wellspring of resistance, because he stumbles only slightly then starts reaching for his gun.

Morph can't contain himself and in a fly sized voice whispers,
"Use your TK on him."

The man is drawing his gun first then most likely calling for help.

It's not working! Violet panicked.

She barely noticed Morph's whisper and raised up her arms and shook her head.

"I can't do this. Even if it had worked, I'd never change into a man!", Violet almost screamed defiantly.

Alexandra dashes forward, looking to disarm the first one then the second, using her speed to it's full extent.

(rolling Dex +brawl at -2 and -3 penalty)

(08:45:06) ChatBot: (Ally_Kat) rolls 9d10 and gets 10,8,10,8,3,3,8,6,5.

(08:45:23) ChatBot: (Ally_Kat) rolls 8d10 and gets 7,1,1,10,6,6,8,1.)

"Halt Program," the tiny voice squeaks. The man freezes in mid-pull.

Morph shifts back to his normal form.

"That's okay," he murmurs. "We'll try it another way."

"Program - reset."

"This time, why don't you read the man's mind and see what woman he would expect to come in? Assume her shape and get inside."

He looks down and shuffles a bit.

"You'll need to get over this gender thing. You will have people depending on you. If you hold back, other have to pick up your slack. That could wound them, or kill them. Do you want that - to see Will dead because of something you don't want to do?"

"Now get back in there," he says with iron in his voice, and show me what you got."

"Mission starting - now."

“Wait! Hold it! I’m not doing this. I’m not a secret agent or whoever you thing I am! And don’t drag William into this. Of course I don’t want him wounded or get killed, or Alex for that matter too. I know nothing about this. You’re asking too much from me.”, she pleaded.

Violet was helpless and scared while Sam tried to think of something to help her. She had no experience in this area whatsoever. She was a model not a super secret agent like James Bond.

I’m sorry Violet… I can’t help you.

While William is beating up on simulated thugs, Draygo walks through the wall and appears in Violet's training area. While unexpected, his purpose was fairly straightforward as he called out, "Morph, come here."

As Morph walked over, Draygo ushered him back into the 'wall' as he talked to Violet over his shoulder. "I'll bring him back in a minute, I promise." Then they both disappeared, with a ripple, into the wall, leaving Violet alone in a 'paused program'.

A couple of minutes later, true to his word (though it seemed more like an eternity to Violet and Samantha), Morph walked back through the wall.

With some concern and anger in his voice, Morph says,

"No. You can't just all it quits because you don't feel like it, or you are having a bad day, or you're not in the mood. Don't you get it? They are people who will kill you because you can do what you do. They won't care that you don't want any part of this. They won't care how good you look. All they will care about is that you have the power. That's all it takes."

"Now get off your ass. Stop going all 'woe is me' and get your head in the game. Now. Right Now!"

"We are going to work on your telekinesis yet. We will start off juggling some small object then move on to some strenght training."

Morph makes a hand motion and the room becomes stark white. In the center, there is a pedestal with three chrome balls on it. He takes a deep, cleansing breath,

"Now let's get started."

It was like they were asking for the beatdown. They barely seemed to move at all. In the back of her mind, Alexa know these were the easiest ones, but it was still exhilirating. Out came their guns, and before they realized it, down they went into the ground. They were messed up and out of the fight.

Up the street she could see three other figures starting to notice her. Two, in seperate locations were reaching into their coat pockets. The cars were still crawling along at unrealistic speeds. Alexa knew she could do more.

And then things picked up.

As she raced to the closest, she disarmed him from his cellphone. She barely stopped herself from clocking him. A shot zipped passed her head. A car looked suddenly hostile, and there was still the guy across the street.

William had time to catch his breath before the moaning of the thugs faded away, along with their bodies. Draygo entered again through the wall, with a ripple, as the dingy ally way faded to what looked like a SWAT/Marines training building. It had unfinished concrete walls, no windows, and inside were a miriad of generated people, both combatants and non. The advantages of using this room over what SWAT teams used, was that they didn't have to settle for cardboard cutouts popping out at people.

"Good work. Now let's see how you work in a different situation. Here there are going to be both combatants that you have to deal with and non-combatants that you have to save. This is more like real life, except that here the people aren't real and you can't die." Draygo smiled a toothy smile and motioned for William to enter.

"This isn't timed, but know that if you take too long the captors may become desperate and hopeless and start killing the captives you're trying to save.

Have fun!" And with that he stepped aside to give William unrestricted access to the course.

Click to reveal..
The building has three floors, 5 rooms or so on the first two floors, two big rooms on the third. The captors are dressed and look middle eastern and carry everything from 9mm to AK-47's to shotguns. Also a smattering of scimitar 'sidearms' in the mix.

In the first couple of rooms, the captors will be caught off guard, but the level of alertness will increase as he goes through more rooms. I'd prefer to do this cinematically. The captors are minor threat level and the captives are less (they have 1/2 of the std HL's)

She wanted to scream and yell at him in anger but she had to swallow it down. How was she supposed to know what this was about? No one seemed to really care about the details. Do this, do that. Live depends on it. People are counting on you – there is a war?

Her anger made her skin flush and she literally steamed. Get your head in the game? I’ll show you!

She focused on the three chrome balls and projected all her anger into it. The balls started to float and then rotated around an invisible centre like moons orbited a planet. Violet set her eyes on the pedestal and then slammed the balls into it again and again. She wanted to destroy something, her anger needed release.

Click to reveal..
There is no roll for TK-use – at least I couldn’t find anything in the rules.

I'll make a roll for later, like I did for your fight against Draygo. But Cienamatic is better for these anyways.

Carry on.

Alexandra dashed at the second guy fly/jumping over the car and slamming into him, sending him disarmed and sprawling. A shot rings out nailing her right shoulder which goes numb. She tries to find the shooter but fails. Another shot rings out, and She spots him three stories up in a window.

Shooting up into the air, she's a zigzagging blur as he shoots again, missing this time. She crashes through the window and slams him hard in an aerial charge, knocking him out cold.

Three targest pop up, vaguely human in outline, with concentric rings over the crotch (Accelerates little touch even though this isn't her testing ground), heart, and heads. One is moving side to side slowly, one is coming at Violet, and the last is standing still. The look to be made out of paper and plywood. This is an illusion, of course, but it lessons the percieved threat level of the targets.

Click to reveal..

Juggling/fine manipulation is going to be Intelligence+TK and hitting(speed) is going to be Wits+TK. The damage is going to be TK plus the damage modifier for the size of the object. Steel balls, for instance, are +2.

"Test One complete," a hollow voice rings out. The scene fades to the basic white and Accelerate is standing there.

"Not totally pathetic, Newbie," she groans. "I wouldn't have bet on you figuring out to use your flight as soon as you did. No civvies killed ... oh well."

Totally Bored.

"The next test is indoors. Your opponents are better skilled and look for surprises. Your object is to go in, find the mutant, and get out without dying or getting caught. Weapon damage will last longer this time, so try not to get shot. I suggest keeping your dodge options open. You aren't a lunk-head tank without finesses."

As an afterthought, she adds,

"The object is not to take out all the guards. You can move around them. Exit by a window if you can."

Click to reveal..

Acclerate is suggesting that Alex split her first action into multiple dodges; at least two, if not three.

The scene cuts in. You are looking at a warehouse with multiple loading docks. Two men with dogs and SMG's patrol the exterior. There are windows on the second and third stories. No one is moving right now.

"When you are ready, I'll give the word."

When Will had entered the room the program had been frozen with the "terrorists" in mid-motion. His empathy and common sense had told him more or less what Draygo had been about to say, and even when he'd been about to say it. Will had been in motion before "time" had "resumed", and from "their" point of view he'd never gone through the front door at all. Grossly unfair but as always "winning" was the important thing.

The room had three guards. One was looking out small window in the door and the other two were playing cards at a small folding table, with their AK-47's next to them. Will hit both of the card players in the head with one swing of his staff before they even had the chance to realize the fight had started. The third was still turning to see what was going on when Will's staff went through him. Will lowered him to the ground quietly.

No shouts, no gun shots, no one walked through the other door to see what was going on and he could hear a TV on in a different room. Touch down off the opening play while the other team was still getting on the field, but no flag on the play.

Will spent a moment considering. Three floors. No back up. Only an idiot would put hostages on the first floor. 5 rooms. Entrance, kitchen, bathroom, rear entrance would have a guard, possibly a room with the TV. 2nd level would probably be bed rooms... maybe hostages but probably not. 3rd level would storage and probably hostages.

Will took a quick peak out the 'door'. Hallway, stairs at end of hallway doubling back, door off to the left (bathroom?), rear entrance at the end of the hall, presumably another door at the end and too the right out of view. Will glanced at the downed guards. Changing into their clothes probably wasn't an options and they didn't look even slightly like him.

Menu options... wait for someone to go to the bathroom or spell the front guards and jump them. That might let him pick off another guard or two but he'd be on the first level when they finally figured it out. Or... he could go from room to room and hope to nail most of them before they caught on, maybe even free at least some hostages.

Well... he was already inside. That was actually the hard part, they should be used to people walking around and at least some of them were listening to the TV.

Almost as if on cue, to break him out of his thoughts, William heard voices on the radio of one of the guys he'd just mercilessly killed. The voice was definately Middle Eastern, and he sounded like he was speaking Arabic. His tone was jovial to begin with, but then he kept repeating the word 'Ahmad' and getting more and more upset each time.

The radio transmission ended with an angry rant, and William noticed the volume of the TV being turned down, though not off.

Somebody suspected something... probably...

Archived