Mutants & Masterminds: Future Imperfect - Chapter 2: Resistance

Joani

Ronnie tried to ignore the flush that climbed up her cheeks. Why did he always manage to do that to her? How could he make her feel so awkward and dumb? "Right," she said, and scooped him up into a carry. She looked at the others, apparently having no trouble carrying a fully-grown man scant inches taller than her. "Are we crashing here, then? Can someone get us in the building?"

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I'm no good at B&E, but I'll give the door a good shoulder. I doubt the alarm services are working anymore - if the door has an alarm that is."

With that and unless someone stops him, Adrian puts his shoulder to the door.

Click to reveal..

(15:22:42) ChatBot: (Adrian) rolls 10d10 and gets 9,5,10,3,6,9,6,7,4,2 = 4 successes (990kg of force)

Adrian easily crashed the door breaking it of its hinges making it impossible to ever shut again.

He waited a short moment but no alarm went off. Looking back he waved at the others. The way was clear - so it seemed.

Ronnie had Travis, the door was dead, and they needed to get moving.

Thank God it doesn't rain much here in the desert.

"Juno, can you get Doc? Goblin, can you get the twins inside. I'll get the ... um ... cyborg-like lady. Gilgamesh, could you get the Anna, and I'll get the Singer too."

"Sis, it is time to go," he says gently. "Let's get inside."

Did I forget anybody?

Ronnie quickly put him on his feet, making sure he didn't fall over. She wasn't quite fast enough; he heard that skip in her heartbeat before she'd separated him. "Ok, then," she mumbled gruffly and gave him a gentle - for her - slap on the back. "Carry, uh, on."

She hovered behind him, letting him lead the way into the building. She was also unobtrusively ready to catch him if he went down.

Juno nodded at Adrian and carefully scooped the 'doc' up. At first she seemed to struggle a bit with the weight, but after a second or two she was holding him easily. A sharp eye would actually see her arms developing; muscles forming and tightening visibly under her bronzed skin.

"I can be on the scouting team too," she tells Ronnie as she goes past her, towards the open door into darkness. "Once we're done in here."

Thump-bump ... thump-bump ... thump-thump, thump-thump

Travis smiled slyly as Ronnie all but dropped him and then gave him a smack for good measure, Oh-ho! The pitter-patter of the lady's heart tells more than words alone. Travis opted to restrain himself for further comment until Ronnie couldn't push him down any stairs. "Q-tip, any school were one of the teachers can teleport cannot be that boring."

She tried to stand up.. she needed to help Simon, so they could get inside. It was cold out here, in the desert air, covered as they were in whatever this disgusting, goopy substance was. Simon probably had an idea. She didn't have a clue. Unlike they others, they hadn't really had the time to dry out a bit, and still looked like they'd been hosed down with slime.

She reached out and tried to pull herself up by whatever was near, which happened to be one an air-conditioning unit. But her legs wobbled slightly, and she slumped back down next to him with a little wince.

Tired as he was, Simon's first priority was getting Savannah somewhere safe. Four years! He didn't issue threats or even really seem to respond to the knowledge that he and his sister had been kept captive for nearly a fifth of life with no explanation. His mind set that information, along with his anger, in a dark, deep space in his mind to be visited when there was anything he could do about it. For now, he forced himself up, looping one of Savannah's arms around his neck and one of his around her waist. He stumbled towards the open door and the promise of rest beyond it.

His voice was still hoarse as he addressed Ronnie, "We'll tell you what little we know, but right now we need rest. And some towels, if they have them here." The slime and exhaustion were making it hard to keep a hold of Savannah, but after four years of torture and separation, he was not letting go of her.

Ronnie nodded, giving the young man a smile. Her cheeks were still flushed from her "moment" with Travis, but she said, "There'll be time enough for that later." They were all exhausted, all save her. She'd done barely anything it seemed like, just like in Berlin.

Gods, she hated that place.

"Come on, Trashy," she said in Travis' ear, a hated nickname she used on him when she was irritated with him. "Get inside before you fall over and I do have to carry you."

Savannah nodded slightly at Simon's words, seeming to agree wholeheartedly with her twin. She let him lift her up, and kept an arm around his neck, but he felt her hand reach down and she threaded her fingers through the hand that was on her waist, pulling it a little more firmly around her to help him hang on, too. Together, the two of them seemed stronger, as if they drew on each other's inner reserves and became more than the two parts alone.

"And maybe.. maybe we could find something to drink. I'd really love a glass of water, or something.. it hurts really bad.. to talk."

Kevin was extremely uneasy with being carried by a beautiful young woman. He squirmed and struggled, and tried everything he could to get Juno to put him down. "I'm fine, really I am. I'm feeling much better, I can walk on my own."

After Juno let him down, he staggered a little bit, but got his footing and followed everybody down to the basement of the school.

He may not need to sleep or eat, but he sure was tired and food would be very comforting right about now...

Travis turned his head as she spoke into his ear bringing their faces, their lips, ever so close. "You just can't keep your hands to yourself Violet, any excuse you can." He winked at her even as he pulled away. "What kind of school is this anyways? High school I hope? might be able to grab a shower in the locker rooms if it is." He looked at the others, "Not all at the same time of course. I wouldn't want to embarrass anybody." He smirked at Ronnie and stuck out his tongue, Except maybe Ronnie, but its so easy its almost no fun anymore... Travis' expression changed from mirthful to thoughtful in a snap as old memories flashed into his mind, Where did that come from?

Tom slowly climbs to his feet and staggers his way through the doorway and down the stairs.

"For anyone that's interested the cell networks have disappeared, maybe because of the jamming, but there is no sign of the 'invaders' using a frequency I can reach."

In the time that Joshua takes creating new 'servants' the twins manage to get up on their own. The creatures he forms have an entirely different look to them this time around, looking more like goblins. Heck if there going to keep calling me that might as well keep it that way.

Click to reveal..

Qpool: 4/26

WP: 8/8

HL: Heathly

Joshua directs his 'goblins' into the building with him following close behind.

Click to reveal..
goblins have a Perception of 4 all other stats at 1 soak is 3/1

Violet? He's... getting better. The thought made Ronnie happy, but it also brought relief. If he became old Travis again, then things would return to what they were. All this confusion would melt away-

Click to reveal.. (Flashback)
Ronnie giggled a little as the champange tickled her throat. "To another successful mission!" she said, holding up her glass. It was their third toast to the successful mission. Before he could answer her, she flipped back on the couch, lying flat back. Her glass remained more or less upright though, so no party foul.

"Another success," Travis agreed with a smirk and took his own drink. He sat down on the couch, looking at her, the alcohol softening his features. And then he bent down to kiss her.

She almost let him, but the memories of him discussing his other conquests shot through her mind, and she scrambled away from him. "We're partners," she said firmly as he straightened up.

"I've slept with partners before, Violet," he murmured, edging toward her.

"I'm not that kind of partner," she told him firmly, standing. I won't be a notch on your bedpost, bud. "If you want sex, there are a lot of girls out there. I'm not availiable for that."

Ronnie sighed. Ok, so it'd be less confusing.

Adrian coughs.

"If you two want a seperate room, by all means," he grins, "but let's get everyone inside first, okay?"

God. Old people sex ... ewwwww.

A really big grin was plastered on his face. He couldn't help it. They really weren't that old, but still take your issues inside.

Josh's "Goblins" scouted ahead checking out the corridors and doors to any room that lay ahead. After a few minutes they came back and reported back to Joshua.

"No sign of trouble, lets get to the Gym"

The Gym provided enough room for the mutants to settle down and use the mats as makeshift beds. The locker rooms provided showers but no towels.

The building still was connected to the powergrid so using the kitchen was an option to make some food. The fridge was stacked with cans and all kinds of easy-to-make meals.

After getting the cyborg lady settled down and checking on his sister, Adrian went looking for Ronnie.

"We should get showers first,"pointed out the shirtless wonder to the two ladies. About the same time he noticed that it was cold in here and Juno was a girl, and ... well. He looked down at the ground and got an aw-shucks air about him.

"Well ... umm ... we get showers, wash our clothes, and wear them wet. Me anyway - my jeans have slime in the pockets. We also need to find a store or something. I need new boots. I don't know were my other ones are. Probably lost."

He was babbling now.

"Anyway, let's hurry up and go. Sooner gone, sooner we get back with some stuff and information, right?"

Simon pulled Savannah down to the locker rooms and to the showers. They may not have towels or other clothes to change into, but wet was better the slimy. He set her down on a bench and started two of the showers up, giving them time to get warm before pulling Savannah underneath the water. He watched her to make sure she could stand enough on her own to get the slime off and hopefully warm up some.

*Are you alright? There's probably some food here in the cafeteria or kitchen. We can get something to eat and drink once we're done here.*

He was still exhausted, but the ability to move of his own will and of having his sister close had buoyed his spirits enough to get him through shower and food before collapsing.

Ronnie closed her eyes and tried not to scream. Showers were another delay, another long moment until she could get out of this stupid dress. "Ok," she said. "Let's shower fast, then hit my place. I'll give you an old set of boots. We look to have the same size. Then... I'll change and we can run around. Ok?"

From what he could tell from the initial exams he'd been able to make, none of the wounds would take more than a couple of days of bedrest to heal up. Didn't mean that he couldn't us a little bit of his power on everyone... he'd have to rest up though, he was about drained... and unfortunately he couldn't heal himself; just nurse himself back to health. No telling how long that would take.

Once in the gym, he replied. "Everyone whose body still requires sleep, get some sleep; doctor's orders. Everyone else, get rest however you do, also doctor's orders. The exception should be one scouting team. One person who can stay awake needs to stay here though; and I need to go with you so that I can get supplies at the clinic.

Hopefully everyone will feel better in the morning and we can start working on exactly what we're going to have to do; long and short term."

Fast! Got it!

Adrian ran off toward the showers, pulling off his jeans as he went. By the time he made it to the shower opening, he was down to his far less slimy, but still wet underwear. Then he turned the corner. A slight yelp could be heard as he jumped into the cold stream of water, but he (theoretically) kept at it.

Inside the shower, nude, the Kid had two showers running. His jeans and underwear were layed out under one while he bathed. Once he finished himself, he planned to rub them clean too - quickly.

It felt like winter.

He had drifted off, oblivious to the voices and noises around him. He had read about Zen and its effects on perceptual locality. The outside world dissapeared and Tim felt himself floating on a calm lake with the buzz of insects (voices?) in the background.

He woke quickly when he realized the cicadias had stopped singing. He was alone and it was dark. He was also cold. Nearby, he saw a mangled door that led into the interior of the school. Had they abandoned him to the roof? Surely the general would have aroused him. Maybe they aren't worth following, he heard himself wonder.

The darkened steps beconed him into a warmer place than this god-forsaken roof. He entered. They would hear it from him when (and if?) he found them.

Savannah allowed herself to be led away, and rested her head against the wall of the shower as Simon got them up and running. She took his assistance, but smiled at him with just a bit of the old Savannah's fire.

*I'm not any worse than you are, Sieg. So you can stop fussing and take care of yourself, too. And something to drink sounds wonderful.. maybe a little food. Not too much, we haven't eaten in so long the idea makes me kind of queasy.*

She braced herself against the shower wall with one hand, and turned her face up into the heat of the water. He had remembered, and had turned the water up far hotter than his own.. she'd always liked her showers hotter than his. She hadn't bothered to take off the suit.. she wasn't sure how it came off, it didn't seem to have any obvious fastenings, and besides, it needed to be washed as much as she did. She could feel the water running through her hair, and through the cloth, and she stood there for a long time, letting the exhaustion and weariness run down the drain with the slime.

Eventually though, she turned off the water with a sigh, and rung her hair as dry as she could. Then her gaze flickered around the locker room, and settled on.. lockers.

*Hey.. maybe some of these lockers have stuff in them. I could try and open them up, and find us some clothes.. maybe even shoes, or a brush. I feel a little tired, but I think I can manage.*

She made her way over to the lockers, and jiggled one of the handles to see if it was locked.

Morgan took the opportunity to jump in a shower too. The slime was just too gross to let stay any longer than he had to. There had to be clothes in some of the lockers and towels in the office if was anything like he remember from junior high. The downside was they were all locked. The upside, crappy locks like these wouldn't take more than a few seconds to pick.

He decided to start with the gym office...

Click to reveal..

picking lock... Either Dex + intrusion or Int + intrusion same dice pool either way.

(21:39:22) ChatBot: (Sly_Fox) rolls 8d10 and gets 1,4,7,4,4,4,2,3.

1 success.

His first attempt was successful but only barely. Once inside the office he ran into a second lock as all the towels and other gym equipment was in a caged area, that lock was considerable simpler though.

Click to reveal..

(21:40:59) ChatBot: (Sly_Fox) rolls 8d10 and gets 5,10,5,5,5,8,10,7.

4 successes

Sly calls out, "Anyone need towels come and get em!"

He spent the next several minutes doing his best to dry out his clothes with the towels. Not that he really cared about them, he could always get more, but with no telling when he'd have the chance to get to his own things, he preferred his own over some teen's gym leftovers.

He found some of the others in the locker-room area. They were showering off the goop from the tanks. Tim kept on his slime, caked-on clothing, and relaxed under the fawcette. For the first time since they had left the ship, did Tim feel safe. Soon his clothes fell free from his body. When they did, he scrubbed them as well as he was able.

Quote:
"Anyone need towels come and get em!"

Tim, with his ragged and soaked pants covering his genitalia, scampered up to Sly and grabbed 4 or five towels. He returned to where his wet clothes lay and meticulously rolled each one up in a towell. When the sun came up, it would take less than ten minutes to dry then damp clothes. He needed some clean soks though, and what better place to find them than in the lockers. He began to puzzle-out the combination locks.

Click to reveal.. (intrusion)

Using Per+intrusion

ChatBot: (Tim_Wiley) rolls 7d10 and gets 2,1,1,3,8,9,10.

rerolling 10's ('observant')

ChatBot: (Tim_Wiley) rolls 1d10 and gets 10.

rerolling 10's

ChatBot: (Tim_Wiley) rolls 1d10 and gets 3.

4 sux

At the mention of towels by Morgan Tom levers himself up from the corner of the Gym nearest the door where he had semi-collapsed on arrival and makes his wobbly, exhausted way over. Snagging a couple with a mumbled "Thanks" to Morgan he made his way into the showers and sat in the spray, slowly moving as necessary to get cleaned up within his clothes over the course of about 15 minutes. Then, struggling at times he slowly removes his clothes and checks they are cleaned off as well, at this point he is just too damned tired to care about his nudity in front of others.

That done he dries off and wrapping a towel around himself goes back for more towels and copies Tim's idea with wrapping his clothes.

"That's a good idea Tim, think of it yourself?"

*Only borrowed, and only until we can make it to a bank. I don't want to start stealing when we still have money. And be careful. We're both hurt; even a little effort could do a lot of damage, and we don't know these people.*

He finished up his own shower and turned the water off. There were others around, the people that had rescued them, but he was too sore and tired to register anything beyond that they were there.

While she worked on the lockers, he made for the voice that had promised towels, snagging several for himself and his sister. The outfits they were wearing were not particularly concealing or warm; the fuzzy dryness of the terrycloth was heaven. He brought the towels back over to where she was working on the lockers, grinning as he dropped one on her head and started rubbing down her scalp and neck. Sneaking up on his sister was a favored game, even if he didn't usually win.

She nodded, and began to work on the lockers, opening the unlocked ones in the hopes that she could find something without breaking any of the locks first. After all, teenagers were a notoriously lazy lot. By the time Simon got back, she had pulled out a pair of jeans that looked about his size, a pair of socks, and a brush. She had also found a pair of gym shorts that would serve as a pair of boxers for now. She was jiggling with the lock on one when he came in, and was distracted enough to actually be caught off guard for once.

She let out a little gasp of surprise, but as soon as she felt the towel she mentally reached out for him. Recognizing he was there didn't stop her from being assaulted, however, and she laughed under the towel, chastising him from underneath it out loud, for once.

"Simon! My hair's already tangled, it doesn't need any help!"

She giggled as she reached up to pull the towel off, and pointed to the clothes she'd found thus far.

*For you.. hopefully they fit. You've.. grown.*

He took a moment to look her over, taking the jeans in return for the rest of her towels.

*So have you,* the thought was mildly embarrassed. He did the mental equivalent of clearing his throat and started drying himself off before trying on the pants. *Four years....*

He shook his head as he contorted himself out of the jumpsuit he'd woken up in and quickly pulled the jeans on. They were a little loose, enough that a belt would be nice, but they worked for right now. Quietly he asked, "Did you find anything for yourself? I can go in the morning and see if our account it still open and hopefully get us some clothes and backpacks."

Over the years they had been on their own, backpacks had been the one constant of their lives.

She took the towel he had tossed over her head, and wrapped it loosely around he hair, securing it so that it would pull the moisture from her hair. She jiggled the lock on the locker she had been fidgeting with, and then, with a sharp jerk, popped it open. It was a weak enough lock to not take much energy, and she swung open the locker.

"Ah, finally.. scrawny guy clothes. Here.."

She pulled out two t-shirts, and held out the larger of the two to him. She also pulled out a pair of jeans, and held them up against herself.

"Maybe these will fit. I'll try them, and we shall see. But first.."

She picked up the clothes, and the brush, and disappeared around the corner. Simon could tell no real thought of modesty had flickered through her mind - she was merely in search of a mirror to try and brush the tangles out of her hair. A moment later, he could hear the faint scratching of bristles through hair, and eventually, the sound of her dressing.

*I do not know, Siegfried.. we have no ID, no bank card.. how will we make any withdrawals? I am almost afraid that we may have to try and contact Mother and Father.. unless these people can get us some sort of identification.*

He could hear the sounds of her dressing as she spoke to his mind, and a moment later she walked out, her hair still damp but slightly dry from all the brushing. It hadn't been cut in so long, it hung down almost to her waist, and she seemed to have found a pair of jeans that fit her alright, if a bit tight around the hips. She had tied the t-shirt in a knot at her waist, just to keep it's length from getting in the way - it had hung down to almost her knees on it's own. She was holding the suit draped over her arm, and looked a bit tired again.

Archived