Warhammer: Shadows of Empire - Chaos Chatter (OOC Talk)

Gang, I am offering you the chance to have an NPC go along with you, if you like. You may chose to go it alone.

You have:

Dwarven Veteran Warrior

Human Musketeer

Human Scholar

Human Physician

Human Pistoleer (Light Cavalryman)

Elven Rogue

You may switch them out after each adventure if you like.

maybe I don't have half a brain in my head but I always hated NPCs that were always around. Perhaps I've just never seen one used correctly but I'd rather go it alone.

If I HAVE to pick though ... either the Dwarf or the musketeer

Comrades! Adrian said he wanted us to all have met at least once prior to the game. I figure this is as good a place as any to discuss as we work on character backgrounds and such.

Mikhail grew up in Kislev but was forced into exile when it became clear he possessed innate ability with magic (a no-no) he fled south toward the Empire and after a few years he finally gave in to the call of the earth and found a master, went to war, etc etc

Adrian, could you possibly hit us with a time line of major events for the last 15 or so game years? I think that might be helpful for us. smile

Wolfgang was an outlaw for some years before getting caught up in the retreat, presumably from a choas incursion? During that time he ended up fighting alongside the forces of the Church of Ulric and now has joined them, working his way upto recently becoming a Warrior Priest of Ulric.

So could have fought together, or encountered while studying History/Astronomy somewhere or....?

So far I understood I've met Mikhail sometime earlier in my life during his apprenticeship? Maybe even directly in Kislev?

Adrian - Is Nayobee "free" to do what she wants or sent on a mission?

From what we've talked about she must've at least redeemed herself in the eyes of her superiors when she was elevated to the ranks of Ghost Striders.

Any suggestions what would fit best? My background isn't set in where she was - only in what has happened.

Hope the bit of background I put into the main thread was ok for everyone?

Adrian I guess it's either time for the Captain to ask some questions or we wait for Jameson to get back on Monday?

Still haven't managed to find my 1st Ed stuff, or find a 2nd Ed online frown But could you confirm the path of Careers I took Adrian? I think it's something like:

Outlaw - Initiate - Priest - Warrior Priest?

I flicked through a copy of the Tome of Salvation in a local bookshop yesterday and think if/when he completes this Career the next likely Career from his Exit list would probably be Witch Hunter smile

Need more background Please! Things like whom you served with in the Middenland Army/Rangers/Knights of the White Wolf, who (if anyone) mentored you, did you have a love life, hobbies, and friends.

Do you have enemies within the Cult of Ulric? Do you have any enemies amongst the Beastmen? Do you have other problems, like trouble with the Church of Sigmar, or a particular witchunter, even a governmental official who can make life difficult for you? Add some spice and some hooks.

An old friend could show up to help you,or ask for help.

An old enemy could send bounty hunters out to get you on trumped up charges.

A chaos cult could capture you, but instead of corrupting you, or killing you, they prepare to send you into the wilderness were your enemy can be your demise.

Get creative and have fun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It takes some digging through the cobwebs of your mind (it was in the Chaos Book), but you recall a few details.

-They are Sigmarites.

-They were a crusading order founded in the Sixteenth Century to fight in the war against Araby (they were successful and Araby was expelled from Estalia). They brought back Panthers as their mascots.

-At the end of the Crusade, they settled in Middeland and served the Graf as his personal bodyguards. They immediately became rivals of the Knights of the White Wolf as well as the Middenland army.

-They served Middeland and the Empire with distinction for many years, growing wealthy and powerful. They were corrupted and about a century ago, they were revealed to have Chaos on their leadership. The Order was shamed and still has the stigma of that day.

-They now still serve the Graf and Middenland and are often seen as an extention of his will (yes, Sigmarites serving an Ulrican Lord), and serve side by side with witchunters of all stripes.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived