Aberrant RPG - nova genetic sequence's

Dr cornelius

i found this site on the net while surfing some of my fav subjects, and on compiling it in my head and comparing with what we know or are told about nova sequence the node and the psion/nova potential, I thought this sites information could be relavant to this game. Just change deryni to nova/psiad.

http://www.io.com/~whytcrow/deryni/genetics.html

------------------

call me a kitty cat will you, grrrrrrrrr see my claws, and watch them rip your heart out human.

Interesting, but what are you looking for? One thing that is odd about the Aberrant/Trinity system is that it doesn't seem to be purely genetic. If it was, Utopian and Aeon scientists would have identified it by the present game date. My pet theory is that the missing ingrediant is environmental, somehow.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jager:
My pet theory is that the missing ingrediant is environmental, somehow.

I may be completely missing the point (and I have only the vaguest idea what you're talking about, so that may very well be the case), but ISN'T THAT A TAD OBVIOUS?!?! All three Aeonverse games note that external stimuli is required to "force" through the change. Isn't that what eruption is all about?

Sorry, thought that had already been sorted out. Having the Genetic potential is one thing, but to manifest powers, you need a certain external "push".

Also, can't you be scanned in the Trinity era for the nascency gene? That would mean that it's quantifiable, wouldn't it?

Well, Doc C's take on it, and the article quoted, would lead one to believe there is a series of sequences which determine the powers of an indivudal not merely whether he erupts or not.

At the moment we know there is a single intron sequence which allows one to erupt, or at least all novas share that particular sequence. It is believed this sequence allows a biological process to activate the formation of farahcytes under circumstances we do not yet understand. The specifics of the circumstance and the psychology of the individual are arguably factors but it is unknown if they are the only factors or if there are environmental considerations as well.

Theoretically, individual DNA can be examined for the sequence to determine if one is a latent aberrant. That same sequence is also the same one which determines psi activations therefore Aeon, Trinity and the Proxies have an opinion on the subject. If nothing else, we know that the gene link between Aberrancy and Psi potential is hidden in the Trinity time. Lastly, although the tech to examine the DNA is available the knowledge may not be. The knowledge of the intron sequence may have been lost in the Aberrant War specifically or the mapping of the human DNA may have been lost completely and is in the process of being re-mapped.

------------------

Tuesday Childe

having far to go...

Archived