Mutants & Masterminds: Future Imperfect - Chapter 1: The end of the world as we know it

Joani

Lt. Sanders nodded and waved at another cop. After a few words with his colleague the Teenagers were taken by car right out of the danger zone where a cab was already waiting for them.

The police radio was continuously updating the cops on the current situation. There was a major riot or by the looks of it a breakout that was slowly but steadily advancing deeper into the suburbs. The Mutants were giving the authorities a hard time and it was likely that they would have to put the whole city under a general state of emergency and requesting support from the National Guard.

“Merry Fucking Christmas.”, said the cop as he dropped the gang. The trip to the free clinic was relatively short and without incidents aside from Juno’s growing impatience. Rebecca tried very hard to conceal the parts her baggy clothes weren’t covering anymore. She complaint about having an headache which seemed rather unimportant compared to the situation they just gotten into.

The free clinic was bursting with activity. 4 Ambulances was the maximum capacity it could handle and there were 6 standing in queue. Bad news as it looked. The clinics staff was hopelessly trying to explain that there was absolutely no way for them to pick up any more injured people.

Inside the clinic Dr. Bridges was trying to mitigate the drama, the damage and the questions thrown at him at the same time. He was sweating profoundly and had used up most of his juice to help at least stabilize the most critical wounded. Then there was this stranger who oddly appeared seemingly out of nowhere and started asking questions – questions he didn’t like to answer or be bothered with. Maybe under different circumstances and given more time to get to know the stranger he would’ve agreed to answer them.

Juno didn’t wait or bother and was out of the cab before the car had come to a full stop. Adrian handed the driver 100$ Bill and left the car with his sister trying to remain close to Juno which was rather difficult considering the presents and his sister that slowed him down.

Juno frantically searched her way through the chaos finding her dad on a gurney with no one attending to him, “What the fuck is going on here? Dad? Can you hear me?! Dad!”, Hector Reyes didn’t respond.

Adrian and Rebecca recognised Juno’s voice through the turmoil of sirens and people running around like roused chicken. “Is that your Dad? What’s going on?”

Suddenly the Sky went dark and the air flickered like a Fata Morgana. An odd smell of ozone made breathing hard and cumbersome. Then hell broke out. With heavy thundering sounds dozens of metal-like hulks stormed the area dropping out of virtually nowhere. Ambulances and cars were smashed like toys made of plastic and people that stood in the way were simply ripped in two by hyper speed rounds.

The clinic trembled like it was hit by an earthquake and Kevin felt his hair getting electrified. The machinery inside EEGs and monitors flickered turning themselves on and of without any visible manipulation. The smell of ozone increased and an a flashing white light flooded the whole building. The world had officially ended.

Click to reveal..
This is part 1 of the officially starting thread. Part 2 will be added later today - once that part is up posting is free for all

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The machines dropped Lena on the floor.

”This one survived. Scan on mutant DNA is negative. Awaiting orders.”, one of the metal hulks reported in a cold monotonous voice.

The room was large and bulky and appeared to be some kind of freight room of a huge oil tanker. A large figure, easily as tall as the metal hulks took in the information and contemplated the options.

It's voice was guttural and throaty when it answered. “We cannot abandon the course. We dump her with the garbage on the way back.”

The creature turned and left the room followed by the metal hulks.

Lena waited several minutes laying motionless on the floor. Within seconds Ronnie had taken over. The creatures were speaking German, she heard that and that was indication enough for her. She darted for a spot in the shadows checking the area for any cameras or other surveillance and cursed the tightness of her dress – it was already making tearing sounds at her back and around her shoulders. *Asians...* she thought and swallowed down a good deal of prejudice and remarks about that because she had more important things on her mind.

Remaining in the shadows she found a gangway leading out of the freighter room. Everything had a kind of retro-modern look to it. The whole interior was heavily fortified with steel which lend to whole scenery a submarine like touch – although it wasn't as cramped as one would be in a real sub.

Interesting enough she had not found any guards or other security systems on her way. After a few metres she came to an intersection and some markings on the walls in typical military style. It was written in old German letters – one way indicating towards the elevators the other pointing towards the laboratory. Her choice was obvious.

The lab was a terrifying sight. There was an array of alcoves filled with water and a human being inside of it. A dim green light illuminated the background. The humans inside the 'tubs' were in their everyday clothes, as if picked randomly from the street. There were cables attached to their bodies – some of which disappeared insidethe subjects. Ronnie widened her eyes as she recognized at least three of the subjects – Sly, Travis and her target Annalise Gravinski.

She quickly scanned the area and found herself alone. Whatever was going on – either things were still in preparations or long done and on autopilot. It took her only about 10 minutes to figure out how to bypass the system and release the subjects from their watery coffins.

Click to reveal..
Everyone except Ronnie of course feels like waking up from a nightmare. You gasp for air and feel extremely worn down. Your QP are at half. Everyone has 2 HL lethal as their current condition. Everyone is present right here in this scene. You are all waking up in these alcoves. You are wet, your clothes are wet and torn at the sides where the cables are adjusted to your bodies. Rebecca is present, too. Ronnie is the only one outside and dry - except for a hopelessly too small dress. wink

Oh God, Oh God, Oh God!

Adrian had a fear of drowning. It was one of his few weaknesses - something his super-tough skin and muscles couldn't save him from. That and getting sick, then came needles that wouldn't work and questions ...

I'm not dead! I'm alive. I'm ... were is Rebecca?!?

He pushed himself up and looked around. He spit some flood out of his mouth and spotted the woman in the too tight clothing.

"Who ... (cough/spit) ... who are you?"

He splashed, nearly slipped, and finally stood up out of the tank that had been his prison. His clothes had definitely had better days. His t-shirt was torn as were his jeans. His feet were bare, his boots having been removed. Still, he looked so immenently doable standing there all soaked to the bone and hair plastered to his head ... just right. He looked strong, young, and virile. Then he ruined it by asking his second question.

"Were's Rebecca?"

Juno coughed and sputtered as the tank opened and spilled her across the floor of...wherever this was. She rolled onto her back and pawed at her goo-covered face until she could open her eyes and mouth without it getting in.

"What the fuck?!" she shouted. She tried to get back to her feet, but slipped and fell back onto her hands and knees. Blood leaked from holes in her slime-plastered clothes, but not very much.

"Where...what? Where's the clinic? Where's my DAD?!" By this time she's managed to get up, her body adjusting to whatever had been done to it.

Kevin woke up, cold and wet. His unconciousness hadn't been a peaceful one, and apparently neither would be his waking. The doctor coughed and sputtered. Even though he didn't have to breathe, the feeling of fluid in his lungs still reflexively made him try and clear it. He shook his head and looked around, taking in his surroundings and those in them.

As he looked around, Kevin had flashbacks to the second war. This lab was significantly more advanced than those had been, but those had been almost three quarters of a century ago. Technology had advanced much in that time... and it would only be right to assume that his nemisis, from all those many years ago, would advance his methods with them. Of course, that's assuming that this was his nemisis at all; that fight was a great many years ago. Few on this planet were as long lived as Kevin... could it be possible?

Kevin shook his head. He'd never been one for idle speculation when there was action that needed to be taken. He looked around at all the people who were just coming out of whatever these tubes were.

He went first to Adrian, then to Juno. He knelt beside each one in turn, and checked their vitals, assuring Juno, at lest, that he was a doctor. After seeing that there was no life-threating situations with those two, he continued around the circle, kneeling beside each one, letting them know he was a doctor, and checking their vitals for any sign that he would need to use what was left of his reserves to keep them from dying, and, most importantly, trying to calm everyone with soothing words and a calm manner. He'd been through two world wars and countless local rebellions and coupes... he had plenty of experience calming people down in otherwise very stressful situations.

Whatever this situation was, he had to make sure that everybody was alive to face it, and as calm as he could make them.

Click to reveal..
Rapport roll for all those who just came out of tubes:

3 sux (@ diff 7)

(( [bruised 0] || 14/28 QP || 6/6 WP ))

Joshua's first breath caused him to cough up water. Falling to his knees, Joshua gasps for air for a few moments as pain racked his entire body. Slowly he made it to his feet and focused his thoughts on healing his pain. Once that was done, he let his eyes adjust to the light coming from the room. He noticed a few other people in the room, and the doctor from the clinic. "What the hell happened to me? and where the hell am I?

From the reaction of the others it was apparent that whatever had happen had affected them all. Joshua stood among the strangers unsure of what their intentions were. "Doc, what the fuck just happened? The last thing I remember, I was at your clinic, and now I'm here in some creepy place. What the hell did you do to me?"

Click to reveal..
Using regeneration to heal myself. I want to use this without causing me any virus damage. If I can't let me know.

Q pool: 26

Current pool: 11

HL:Healthly

As Kevin kneeled next to the vagabond who was asking him the probing questions, and noticing that of everyone, he needed Kevin's healing the least, he replied. His voice was calm and soothing, "Son, I'm not the one who did this to you. There were several dozen mechanical abominations that crashed into the clinic. Apparently they were looking for us mutants; to what end I don't know, but I have to get to these others and make sure they're ok.

You're ok, so why don't you go over there with the others that I've already checked out and see what you all can figure out while I check the rest of these people out, ok?"

And with little more than that and a nod, Dr. Bridges was off to the next person.

"My name is Ronnie," the tall - really tall! - purple-haired woman said. She helped each mutant sit up, and made sure they were going to be mobile. "Everyone stay calm," she quickly ordered, her tone brooking no tolerance. "We're in a great deal of trouble, and we need to remain in control. Get everyone on their feet and active. We need to know who will have to be carried."

Kevin made his way to Ronnie. He tried to give her a once over, to make sure that she was as fit as everyone else that he'd examined. "Well, Ronnie, everyone that I've checked out so far has been, at most, only superficially wounded; nothing serious. You want to go over there with those I've already checked out, while I check out the rest of these people?"

Ronnie's tone may have brokered no tolerance, but Kevin's simply, and easily assumed command. His was more of the velvet glove though, not so much the iron fist.

Originally Posted By: Stargaizer
"Son, I'm not the one who did this to you. There were several dozen mechanical abominations that crashed into the clinic. Apparently they were looking for us mutants; to what end I don't know, but I have to get to these others and make sure they're ok.

"Hey man I'm not your son, so you can back off that shit. I'm not sure what to believe right now but I got my eye on you, so just be careful around me and there won't be no problems."

Joshua looks Ronnie and brushes off her help. "I'm fine lady, don't need your help. And what's with the orders? Who put you in charge?" Joshua says rather gruffly.

Your not in the Matrix anymore, Tim told himself as he evacuated the fluid from his lungs. The image from the Matrix movie, of people being immersed in fluid made of liquified dead bodies, brought forth retching. It was a dry, gagging emesis.

As soon as his vision cleared, he realized there were others around him and they were in a similar state. There were chambers all around them and they were speaking in soft, muffled voices. As he began clearing the fluid from his ears, eyes and nose, he saw her. She was HOT! And she was coming towards him! Omygod-omygod-omgod! Tim's brain started to panic. She was Venus in the flesh. She was touching his arm now, and trying to help him to his feet. His breathing started accelerating. He would hyperventilate soon and pass out.

Calm down Cassinova! Reason slammed the door shut on his overeager and nerdly impulses. He looked up towards her and with spittle hanging off his lips, he panted. "Hi. I'm Tim."

Tom comes splutteringly awake and sits up fast, coughing up liquid. He quickly takes in the room and situation, others recovering from being in the same situation. Climbing out of the tank he waves the elderly man off and stumbles over to the group of others, recognising a couple amongst them.

"Hey Morgan, I see you joined this excursion as well. I'm thinking of asking for my money back though, the advertising failed to mention being attacked by 10ft tall rejects from the Terminator experience."

Annalise woke with a start and tried very hard to not panic. She coughed and sputtered as her lungs began breathing normally again.

She kneeled down a moment before rising to her feet. A frown marred her face as she cursed. "Dammit this was a good dress too."

She took notice of the others around her and sighed. "So that was what those things that shattered my apartment were? No way in Hell I'm getting the deposit back now."

She looks to the others. "Anyone want to hazard a guess as to where the hell we are now?"

"Juno, your Father doesn't seem to be here. This ain't the clinic anymore."

He was still looking around when he saw Becca rise up out of another tank. Adrian ran to her, even as she scanned her surroundings shyly, trying to cover up her tattered clothes. She seemed terribly body concious and flinched when the word 'mutant' was used.

Following his gut, and guessing that as the one dry person in the room, she hadn't been knocked out and tanked, Adrian moved himself and his sister toward Ronnie.

"What do we do now?" he addressed the tall purple-haired lady.

It seemed like the smartest thing to ask at the moment. Things like 'Were they were?' and 'How/why they were there?' could wait until they were safe. Adrian was pretty sure they were far from safe.

"We get the fuck out of here, that's what we do," Ronnie said, handing Tim over to the lounge singer she'd seen. "You are all mutants, and you're in deep shit. These guys are going to turn you inside out for their own purposes. This is not life or death, guys - this is more than life and death, because you don't want to let these guys experiment on you. I've seen them and their handiwork before.

"I don't know where we are, but I don't want to be here anymore," she growled, moving to Travis' side and pulling him up with gentle hands. "Don't worry, I'm not leaving you behind this time," she whispered to him, trying to give him a smile. Of all of them, he would know just how deep the shit was.

"Well, lady what makes you think we are mutants? And assuming we are wouldn't a brief run down of powers help sort out what and how we should do things?"

He looks around at the others to gauge their reaction before shrugging and carrying on regardless.

"Ok, I'll go first. my names Tom, and I recognise a couple of you like Morgan there [Nods to Sly]. My power is limited control over sound, but probably more importantly here is that I can hit someone or thing with sound to damage them. Unfortunately its obviously a tad loud and could call in more attackers."

"Yeah. I can walk." Tim was now catching what the others were saying. They were all mutants, like him, and they were going to be experimented on. Death by drug induced cardiac arrest and subsequent vivisection. What a nice buch of folks. Tim should have been angry but he wasn't.

"I'm Tim, and I don't really do anything." A lie of omission. There was no way for him to know what their reactions would be, so he'd best play the ignorant innocent. "I have an eidetic memory and can read a book in only a few minutes."

Click to reveal.. ( Subterfuge)

(08:43:36) ChatBot: (Tim_Wiley) rolls 6d10 and gets 8,8,8,3,3,9.

4 sux

Kevin examined the last few remaining people, and finding them in the same shape as everybody else (inerestingly enough), went over to join the rest of the group.

He walked up and stood next to 'Ronnie', assuming at least some power/authority just by his position. He could've stood somewhere else, anywhere else, and that would've distanced himself from her authority, but that could cause an 'either or' type of situation, and that was the last thing that he wanted.

Once he was beside Ronnnie, he looked up to her and asked, "You said you've seen their work before; do you know who's doing this? If it's who I think it is, I've seen their work before too. And even foiled him once."

Holding his sister close, Adrian looked to the Doc,

"Leave first, talk later."

Giving Tom a quick glance,

"I'd rather not say what I do incase this room is wired. We can discuss this once we are free, don't you think?"

Man, I just want to get my sister out of this place and way away from here. I'm not cut out for this. I'm not a hero ... Dad was.

Answering the fighter he saw in an illegal match a week or so ago Tom just shakes his head and says, "Yeah, I get it no-one wants to say anything, forgetting that these guys apparently already know we are mutants, and so probably know what we can do already. I just thought we could organise getting out of here better if we knew what each other could do."

Turning back to the Doc and Ronnie, "Unless you've got info that would help now, lets just get out of here, instead of being cryptic and wasting time."

After the first disorientation has faded away and time and space started to make sense again you got an impression of the laboratory you're all in.

Obviously the number of tanks/alcoves perfectly added up to the number of mutants present. One alcove was empty though. The cables all lead to the same huge 'Terminal' which lacks any reading or other indication as to what it did.

Ronnie was standing near the only console which strangely lacked a keyboard or as one would maybe assume a touchpad as an interface device. Instead there was an array of different colored buttons and odd symbols. The labels above the buttons were all in German using the old font-type the German's used during WWII.

All in all the technology of the whole interior had a strange kind of retro-technology touch to it. Everything was big and bulky - as built to last instead of speed and agility. Nothing was streamlined.

On second look the rooms were built for people that were at least 10 feet tall. There was one exit that leads outside the lab to a gangway.

Adrian moved to Ronnie's side, leading Becca by the hand.

"We'll go next. I'm bulletproof and she's my sister," indicating the girl/woman on the other end of his arm.

For a damp, wet young mand, Adrian exuded confidence, and a subtle anger was building in him. Something deep inside him, his six year old heart, railed againt this treatment of his fellow mutants. It was diseased and barbaric and he was sick and tired of running away from what he was - and what he was meant to be.

Kevin hoped that Ronnie knew the way out; knew what she was doing. He'd stay behind and cover the rear, make sure that everybody kept up. That decided, he looked around the room for his satchel. It was his from the war, and it had all his supplies in it, along with what serums he had left. So, as the others were gathering and heading towards and out the door, he took what time he had and looked around...

I know this guy... I know this... No, it can't be. It must be some other mad german scientist... he must've picked some of this up surplus from the war... yeah, that was it, a modern, mad german scientist had picked up some classified military surplus from almost a quarter century ago... yeah right...

Kevin searched the room, as quickly as he could, for both his satchel and any relevant evidence.

Click to reveal..
roll for search

(17:15:14) ChatBot: (kevin_bridges) rolls 5d10 and gets 10,6,1,9,8.

(reroll 10)(17:15:29) ChatBot: (kevin_bridges) rolls 1d10 and gets 2

3sux @7

Juno was quiet during most of this, just nodding at Adrian when he addressed her and otherwise staying back out of sight and out of mind. She used the time to listen, and to look around. The situation was too completely bizarre to do anything else. Adaptability meant more than just growing armor, or spikes. Juno adapted mentally as well, and emotionally. For the moment she relinquished her 'alpha bitch' status to Ronnie, since the other seemed far better informed than anyone else...though she made a mental note to find out WHY that was so...and she prowled over to stand with Adrian.

"I'll go ahead too," she said firmly; a beautiful young Latina with hair and clothes slicked in drying slime who still managed to salvage some dignity. "These robots...they only want mutants, right? Everyone else they leave alone?"

That one's bulletproof? I'll have to remember that He didn't really. That Tim heard him say that, meant he would never forget it. He watched as the rest of them began to move out, in obvious hurry. He could see that the others were in various emotional states and that was important. He tended to absorb what others were feeling like he did everything else. All it would take was a little nudge and a person to focus on. He picked the one who said he was bulletproof. Knowing how he was feeling would help Tim determine if it was safe to copy the man's powers.

Click to reveal.. ( Natural Empath)
(16:04:09) ChatBot: (Tim_Wiley) rolls 6d10 and gets 8,4,6,1,1, 2.

1 sux

Rapport roll: (16:13:41) ChatBot: (Tim_Wiley) rolls 11d10 and gets 10,3,1,5,6,6,6,3,8,8,2.

3 sux

Tim followed the rest of them, his eyes on Adrian.

Sly felt like shit and was not in a pleasant mood. As everyone else grumbled and dithered over what to do he decided that silence was the better part of valor at the moment. He did give a nod to Tom and smiled a crooked half smile that said 'sorry I didn't tell you I was a mutant too bro'. Looking around to the rest of the room he hoped to see Lena, he figured her to be a mutant as well since she had mental shields, but he didn't see her. His eyes had already passed by Ronnie when they suddenly snapped back, that was Lena's dress the woman was wearing, and wearing very very tightly. Had to Lena's dress. He shrugged and filed the mystery away to be solved later in favor of doing something that was actually useful.

As everyone continued to talk about getting out but not actually going anywhere Sly opened his mind and reached out beyond the room they were in looking for other minds in the area. He hoped there wouldn't be many. He wasn't quite startled to note that the woman wearing Lena's dress also had mental shields... definitely would have to be questions asked later, but for now it was time to concentrate.

Click to reveal..
(16:16:00) (Sly_Fox): First die is Mega, and I've dropped one die of Telepathy to avoid virus effects. I'll drop a second die if necessary to avoid the effects. Just let me know.

(16:16:11) ChatBot: (Sly_Fox) rolls 9d10 and gets 3,5,3,10,2,9,5,3,6.

2 sux

Originally Posted By: Stargaizer

Kevin searched the room, as quickly as he could, for both his satchel and any relevant evidence.

Your satchel is nowhere to be found. By the looks of the machinery and the german labels on the console Ronnie just stood a few seconds ago you get that dreadful feeling that your assumptions are right. This looks awfully a lot like you remember from WWII.

The gangway was empty. The whole area seemed abandoned. This was getting creepier by the second.

Ronnie led the way up to the first intersection. Right on the letters said <Fahrstühle>, meaning elevators in German. The other way down led to the large cargo bay Lena got dropped in. One thing was for sure from Ronnie's perspective. When this thing got built no one actually cared to install cameras or any other means of surveillance. That could also mean it wasn't necessary and they had other means of keeping watch...

It took a moment for Joshua to realize Ronnie needed his help. As he made his way over he saw that she wanted him to carry her friend. No way was he going to let that slow him down so with slight thought Joshua made two 'mini' Joshua to carry Ronnie's friend.

Click to reveal..
Homunculus roll droping 2 mega to use it safely

1d10=8, 1d10=10, 1d10=6, 1d10=4, 1d10=4, 1d10=2, 1d10=1, 1d10=7, 1d10=8 4 sux

Current Q pool: 9

HL: Healthy

Click to reveal..
His homunculus look something like this Homunculus.png

Adrian Tyler, that's my name. Don't die. People will be upset. Okay, maybe one people.

Adrian followed Ronnie closely, stealthy like. He was ready to jump forward if the situation warranted and he was quick enough. He held his sister's hand tightly, but held her back at arm's length. He would have to let her go if there was trouble and that brought the dread of them being seperated.

He wanted to say something to Ronnie, to assuage the creepiness and the hollow, empty feeling of the place that always proceeded the monsters jumping out an attacking somebody.

Kevin finished his search of the room. Nothing there, except for the ever deepening feeling that this was the work of Dr. Z.

I should've finished it when I had the chance. Sure the right thing to do was hold him for trial for his war crimes. But knowing what a danger he is, and what he is...

There wasn't time for him to kick himself over what he had or hadn't done in the past. So he rounded up the stragglers and tried to make sure that everyone stuck as close together as possible. He also made sure to keep his eyes peeled for any trouble creeping up from behind, and he had his forcefield ready to go at a moment's notice to keep as many safe as he possibly could.

Click to reveal..
keeping an eye out for anything/one coming up on the rear of the group.

4 sux @ 7

Annalise felt like a hive of drunk bees were on a bender in her stomach. She followed the group as the tail end of the column.

"Goddammit, this sucks." She kept her Nausea to herself, not really knowing the others, and not caring to give away too much about herself.

Perceiving that the huge purple haired girl seems to be in charge for the moment, Juno edges closer to her and addresses her when she repeats her question.

"Hey...what do these robots do with ordinary people? Is there another set of tanks somewhere? We have to...oh shit what is that?!"

She'd caught sight of the little...troll-like things that were carrying one of the mutants.

"They've got that guy! Get 'em!"

Pain. His brain felt as though it were pulsing, trying to break his skull open from within. Blood, hot and wet, flowed from his ears and nose. Travis blinked blood and tears and sweat from his eyes. He saw the robot, torn to shreds, collapse and finally die with impotent sparking of its internal works. Then darkness took him.

Water. Green light. The distant perception of a faint memory. Something that he could not recall, part of his mind that was closed off. Travis was weightless. Powerless. Darkness came once more, enveloping him in cold unfeeling hands that took away all pain, all sensation.

Sensation. Pain. Travis' lungs burned as he struggled for breath. Somebody removed the mask and sweet fresh air came to him. His eyes failed to work, his head throbbed still, his body was wracked with chilled spasms. He could hear people talking. He was sitting up, through the effort of somebody. He tried to open his eyes but everything was still blurry and the brightness felt like agony, hot and sharp pain driving into his head.

Somebody hauled him to his feet he felt himself get passed off from the first person to a second and then to two other, smaller, like children. Travis squeezed his eyes shut he took fumbling grasp at his power attempting to drive the water off his body. It was but a cantrip, he focused and pure force pressed itself against his body. Like loving hands the kinetic energy ran down his body sweeping the water aside until he stood slumped, by fortune of his supporters only, in a pool of water.

He planted his feet, felt the familiar contact with a solid body and tried to stand up straight. His body protested and his head reeled but he forced himself to quell the vertigo and the pain. After a moment he opened his eyes slightly, slowly, allowing them to become accustomed to he light. Finally he shook himself. "I'm OK," He said to the people helping him. He turned to look at them, give them his thanks. What he saw was not human, not normal. "Jesus jumping Christ! What the fuck!?" He stumbled backwards and away from the two things. His eyes went wide and he drank in details.

Forgotten memories, like dim recollections of childhood, or from a drunken bender, came and went in flashes. The German words on a nearby sign slid a knife into his gut. He couldn't remember on his own but he recalled what Ronnie had told him. Their last mission, the horror they had seen, that he had stayed to cover her exit. His head whipped around, his eyes scanned the group, he saw purple hair on a woman who was taller than normal. Ronnie He barreled forward grabbed her, spinning her towards him, "SITREP, now."

Click to reveal..
Hurt (-1) / QP 14/28 / WP 1/3

"No, no those aren't a threat!" Joshua shouted as he rushed to stand by his 'helpers'. He hadn't realized that the others might react negatively to his 'special' friends. "These things are harmless unless I tell them other wise. I have complete control over them. All they are here for is to help, let's not get carried away okay?"

Archived