Aberrant: 200X - Where do we go from here?

Mr Fox

Ok, after all the fuss and bother, it looks like "An Issue", has become a moot point. Nova has chosen to leave after the drama of the last couple days and will be asking Chosen to remove her mod privileges.

Until elections are over I can do what needs to be done. Apparently Chosen never got the word that I resigned my post so I still have my mod privileges.

To avoid the Drama in the future, are there any changes that the players would like to make to 200x, such as wording in the Bible to ensure that there is always a smooth transition between mods. Also, I heard mention of switching to XP per month vs. NPs 2 times per year? Other issues?

Discuss!

The mothballing idea, that players that announce an absence from play for a period of time due to real life issues can still earn a percentage of xp each month, seemed like a good idea to me. We all have stuff that comes up, and this would encourage people to let the board know when that's the case.

Oh, on the mod issue, more than just a smooth transition, I believe there is a desire for a specifically democratic transition. A way to call for a vote-of-no-confidence was also brought up.

Originally Posted By: Mr Fox
To avoid the Drama in the future, are there any changes that the players would like to make to 200x, such as wording in the Bible to ensure that there is always a smooth transition between mods. Also, I heard mention of switching to XP per month vs. NPs 2 times per year?

The moderation issue is something that should be addressed, but it's not really hard to do. We can use the moderation clause from WoD:A and simply adjust the time frames to something everyone agrees on (or a compromise in the case of no one agreeing).

Not sure how to handle the advancement, the spirit of 200x was slow progression to nix the power-gamers, so it takes 3.5 years to gain enough NPs to master a level 3 power. Some like that, some don't.

4-6 was suggested in the other thread, contingent on posting in the month. MCoH is much like that, only with a higher xp amount given out (the xp amount was based off an excel sheet I did to figure out the average xp equivalent of an NP and then scaling it to equal out to I think about an NP a month).

If we want to keep the power level out of the clouds, I'd go with something like 8. It's a nice compromise to what's been suggested, enough that people aren't waiting forever to get stuff done but not so much that people are pulling their hair out feeling like they can't ever advance the character.

That seems reasonable to me. I don't think we should go above 8, though. Also, say 3 xp per month auto and 5 for posting. That makes activity more valuable than inactivity. It's a better emphasis.

The Mod clause from WoD:A is ideal for our purposes, I think.

Quote:
Absent Moderators: If a Moderator is consistently absent, or if the players feel it is necessary due to lack of involvement, a vote may be called to have a given Moderator replaced. All reasonable attempts will be made to accommodate their real-life responsibilities, emergencies, and other unavoidable issues. Any unplanned/unannounced absence which lasts for more than two weeks (14 days) and results in the inability of the Mod in question to perform their Modly duties will be considered sufficient cause for such a vote.

Bump that to a month's unannounced absence, maybe? The key is that if a Mod needs to take time off, they can. Just let the other Mod's and the players know.

If everyone else is up for as much as 8xp a month, then I'll go along with it. However, I worry that 5xp or higher will encourage a trend that will result in character sheets that have an alarming number of 1 and 2 dot powers/mega-atts, and a crapload of enhancements. 8xp a month makes that even more likely, as even L3 powers, at the 1st and 2nd dots, become buyable with a month's xp.

I prefer XP over NP mostly because it hits home more when you have to actually save up and fork out those 28XPs to get that final, 5th dot, in a L3 EM Suite, as opposed to simply shelling out yet another 5NP (or 3, tainted) to buy that 5th dot for exactly the same cost as you paid for the 1st one. The flip side of that, however, is that the lower level dots in any Trait are comparitively cheaper when purchasing them with XP as opposed to NP. So I while I'd like to get away from having to wait for six months just so I can add another dot to Kazuo's Firearms Ability, I don't want it to be too easy to start buying up every single enhanhancement and 1st or 2nd power-dots that even vaguely apply to my character.

I realize that this won't be a big problem with the group we currently have in here, but it's still something to think about, in case of newcomers who maybe need some time to gain the proper perspective on these sorts of things.

On the other hand, I really do like the suggestion of a certain amount of auto-xp, and another allotment of xp gained based on activity. That part sounds great to me.

Archived