Aberrant: A New OW Aberrant Forum for the Ex 200X-ers

Eingar

This is a simple "who all is interested?" post.

I'm sure there's not a single person on the site who isn't aware of some creative/administrative differences in 200X.

I can think of at least three players from 200X off the top of my pointy head who are as tired as me of the whole damn situation. But we like the characters we have developed there and wish to continue playing them in that type of OW setting.

What to do, what to do.

Well, we can vote with our feet and petition for a new sub-forum. Feel free to post your support (and ideas for game name, etc) down below. Also, ask any questions you care to about the rules and how/if they will differ. I can cite one major difference already.

Any Mod's will be voted for, and can be removed by a vote of no-confidence at any time. There will be a thread just for those occasions, so the rest of the sub-forum we can dedicate to the characters and stories we love.

Otherwise, I feel that the game will be reasonably similar to the other two OW Aberrant forums. But yeah, have at it below. Let's see how many people want this.

I'm interested and will to lend my experience in board-creation from MCoH.

Is there anything in particular people would like to see ported over from either 200X or MCoH?

Anything they definitely don't want to see (barring the mod issue that has already been addressed)?

Personally, I want to see monthly xp. Not to the MCoH levels, but a smaller amount for people who post during that month. No activity = no exp.

If someone has reason to believe that they'll be inactive for reasons outside their control for a month or more, we could institute a 'mothballs' policy, where they earn half or quarter exp while the character is in mothballs. That's just an idea.

That's a good idea, both the xp and the 'mothball' for when life gets too hectic. I assume current characters be ported over 'as is'.

Would there be a set NP for starting characters or would it scale up as in 200X?

Do we want the scaled character availability as in MCoH or the free for all as in 200X? Or something else?

This has just become a moot point. Nova has just announced her intentions to leave and asked Chosen to remove her mod privileges.

If you guys want to, you can discuss modifying 200x to make it a more comfortable home.

I still have my mod priveleges in 200x so until elections are held, I can do whatever is necessary and that you all vote to do.

Archived