Mutants & Masterminds: Future Imperfect - Table-Talk/OOC-Stuff

Joani

I missed the OOC post. Sorry. I've asked Grav to post today; hopefully, the player will find the time to do so (and may have already done so).

I'm sorry if you feel like you've been cut off, that was never my intention at all. I asked Joani if everyone had posted, I thought he said yes and so I went. It sounds like it's a classic misunderstanding, at this point.

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: Stargaizer

I'd also like to establish what is common knowledge to all, most or some of the other PC about each PC. Just so we don't get confused with what we know IC vs. what we know OOC (like I don't know who's given their names and who hasn't, for example).

It may be too late at this point but I'd like to point out one thing that is important and should be common knowledge.

The news said that the last great hero died from the after effects of the virus. That one is was the last publicly known Class V Mutant.

Class V Mutants are all but extinct - meeting one is close to a miracle except for maybe in a hospital. Meeting one not laying in his death bed is close to impossible.

Bear this in mind in concerning your current situation. I'm sorry if this important piece of info did not deliver the way I wanted.

Some of you already know - but the two mutants in the tubes are Jasmine's and Malachite's PCs.

I'm currently waiting for a post of Malachite to reflect Sly's telepathic scan. After that post I can move the story forward.

If it wasn't clear from Joani's post, can we please hold up posting in FI until Mala and I have a chance to respond to Fox's telepathic scan? It may change what kind of events happen, and I also got the impression Joani might be planning on doing something before you can get us out of the tubes..

Would you guys make up your minds? First you want to leave, and get mad at Kevin when he wants to discuss things, now you want to hold up everything so he can do a medical exam and get mad at him when he tries to cover your escape.

Besides that fact, no one ever said anything about Kevin getting people out of the tubes. Ronnie is the one who did it before, so it just seems logical that she be the one to do it agian.

Maybe you all won't be so upset when his FF keeps whoever the elevator is going to get inside the elevator, instead of coming after everybody. (if Kevin wasn't there, he'd at least go after the people gathering at the door of the elevator)

I know that people might be hesitant to reveal their powers and levels, so I need to know how we are going to work Tim's QI. I was thinking that of sending PM's to the target of his QI, and get the info that way.

Any suggestions?

Also, and I have said mentioned this before, but I, and some others, work long hours without access to the internet. Make sure that you don't go beyond the current turn before everyone has had a chance to post. I can post several times a day, but only in the early morning and early evening. On those times I can't, I will let the ST know and she can run Tim.

dunno SG, if you can't heal yourself with your power why could somebody else copying your power heal you?

Originally Posted By: Tim Wiley
I know that people might be hesitant to reveal their powers and levels, so I need to know how we are going to work Tim's QI. I was thinking that of sending PM's to the target of his QI, and get the info that way.

Any suggestions?

That is fine by me.

Originally Posted By: Tim Wiley
Also, and I have said mentioned this before, but I, and some others, work long hours without access to the internet. Make sure that you don't go beyond the current turn before everyone has had a chance to post. I can post several times a day, but only in the early morning and early evening. On those times I can't, I will let the ST know and she can run Tim.

I sympathize, I'll try not to overrun my allotment of time during my own posted posting hours (business hours M-F only, EST)

Originally Posted By: Travis Kincaid
dunno SG, if you can't heal yourself with your power why could somebody else copying your power heal you?

While he has copied the quantum signature of Kevin, it is no longer Kevin's power: It is fueled by Tim's quantum and not Kevins. In this case, Tim would be unable to heal himself. Ultimately, it is something the ST would have to make a ruling on.

Agreed, I personally think that because you are copying his quantum signature it would count as using Kevin's power even if you are the one rolling and paying for it, but, as you say, it is Joani's call.

I'm interested in what he rules because it will effect how things like Quantum Attunement work as well.

QI will impose the same effects on Tim's signature as it does on Kevin - i. e., he can heal others but can't heal himself.

Now what is that question about Quantum Attunement? I fail to catch what you want to know about it.

Joani, I have to go right now, and I won't be back on until late this evening. So, if you want to take over Kevin, feel free. He'll reduce the area of the forcefield to something very small, keeping it as long as he can (in case something else pops up), but dropping it before the maintenence cost. He doesn't trust the cyborg or the aryan twins, but he's not up for long arguments right now; especially since Adrian is on the other side of his FF.

I have no problem with you wrapping up and driving Kevin for a little bit.

Chapter 1 just finished but Chapter 2 will continue right away.

Savannah and Samuel get 2 XP for participating in the thread and a nicely done intro post.

The rest of the group get 7 XP and replenish their Willpower for making the escape.

Chapter 2 will be up in a few and is open to post from there on.

I hope you enjoyed the first Chapter of Future Imperfect.

I need to know which fictions are completed so I can hand out some XP for those. I'd like to hand out rewards in one go - if the fics will continue I will hand out the reward for that in the next chapter. This is by no means intended to rush you to finish your fics. I just don't want to hand out XP in the middle of a chapter.

Drop me a note here if any of the fics are finished, so I can put up a reward on the tracker. Thank you guys.

Joani a question for you, I can't remember if we addressed this in PM's befor ethe launch or not, but I can't find it in the House Rules, what are the Options for getting around the Virus for Enhancements that have a QP cost?

Can we use the XP straight away, or wait until we hole up somewhere, if we ever manage to... smile

good questions Rorx and I will add the answers to the House rule sections. For quick reference I'll add it here right now for you and everybody else to read. I update the section later.

Virus effects Enhancements, too. The same rules apply. Drop one dice or double cost. BUT if you happen to have only 1 Mega-Dice and you opt to drop it you can't use the enhancement. Basically that option is only available to you if you got at least 2 Mega-Dice in the Attribute.

In your case you need to spend 2 QP to activate HyperHearing to avoid Virus feedback.

------

The XP can be used straight away but please check with me first. Some raises won't be approved right now like style or cooking wink

As a former teacher, I can tell you most schools do have alarms. In fact, I don't know of any that don't although I'm sure they must exist. They tend to be targets of vandalism and as such tend to be pretty focused on people not getting in.

On the other hand if all the police bands and radio are jammed it's entirely possible that something like a break in at a school will be very low priority right now so even if there is an alarm it will probably be a while before anyone responds.

Arr

I'm thinking that Dr Z hit the MIC first and formost. That's what the 'riot' was all about. It's likely other Internment Centers were hit too. In any kind of coordinated assault like that, denying communications would be pretty crucial.

Archived