Mutants & Masterminds: Future Imperfect - Table-Talk/OOC-Stuff

Joani

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

B5!!!

I hated Voyager through, they were the universe's little bitch. Everywhere they went they were constantly getting punked by one alien after another. And don't even get me started on their hanger bay of infinite shuttles. They lost more shuttles in the course of that series than the freakin ship had mass.

I did like DS9 above all the other star treks though because it had a meta-plot. Something that tied the episodes together.

Enterprise could have been good if they'd had someone other than that sad-sack captain Scott Suckula.

Well, if someone brings him to the free clinic, he'll actually have someone who knows what's going on with him...

Of course, we are kind of busy at the moment, what with the riot and all... don't know if we have time for robot assaliant victims.

Stupid T3 ride and it's lack of saftey features...

Rorx - I will have to reroll you're blast in your post. Using Lethal Blast and Shield in the same turn is a multiple action which penalises you with 2 dice reduced pool

So you roll actually 5 dice instead of 7 for your attack there. I will make a roll for you on IC and follow through with the result. Everything else looks fine to me. Just wanted you to know.

potions are good for two days from the date of manufacture, so no, yours is just bottled water now Adrian.

I told you not to stop taking your meds just because you felt better... but did you listen, no nobody ever listens to the Dr., the Dr. doesn't know what he's talking about...

sheesh.

*throws up his hands and storms off, just to come back a minute later because people need him*

Thanks for that Travis/Joani I had thought that 8qp/turn was the limit before you needed Node, but that was obviously misremembered.

Joani sorry about the Multiple action hassle, although I didn't think about it at the time as Shield doesn't require a roll. smile

Node is still a background you can take and it has the same effects like in the book. Difference is - the Node is not the source of your power - just a "muscle" with which you can control energy to fuel your powers (quantum).

This game uses the Abby-rules but there is no quantum science or whatever it may be called. Your node can be that grey lump of matter in your forehead or just a metaphor for your ability to channel quantum. It is a genetic "advantage". In that regard there cannot be something like a node-dissection to remove it and "steal" your powers. A mutant stays a mutant. It is genetically imprinted in his being.

There ARE ways to suppress Mutant powers, though. Just not those you know from canon (there is no knowledge about Mox, Soma and all the drugs printed in the books).

Originally Posted By: Rorx
Thanks for that Travis/Joani I had thought that 8qp/turn was the limit before you needed Node, but that was obviously misremembered.

Joani sorry about the Multiple action hassle, although I didn't think about it at the time as Shield doesn't require a roll. smile

I'm glad you're ok with it. Travis didn't mean to point that out to make your life harder - it is a rules thing and we all need to abide to those, even if I eventually may bend or break them for the stories sake.

However, the result of the post wouldn't have been that much affected since I got what I wanted laugh

But we should still keep things in the frame.

I'm mostly up to date now - the new Main thread containing the main plot arch will open soon. I have to wait on some responses by Juno/Adrian and Lena/Sly.

After that I can wrap up those threads too and we should be starting together in the main thread by the end of this day. I try to make it as fast as possible but I also don't want to break the suspension just for postings sake. Please be patient and bear with me. You'll be joined soon enough in your misery firedevil

Originally Posted By: Travis Kincaid
I think the intent is that he didn't have time to finish the opening post and want us to wait. Beats me though ...

Also yes, EXP is a good thing, now I can buy stuff laugh

right - my parents are here for visit. I will add part 2 once they left.

@Star - don't worry about your current condition wink

rewards for the completed fictions:

Travis - Learning to fly - 2XP

Travis & May - Old Friends, New Friends - 3XP

Adrian & Kevin - A day at the Doctor's - 3 XP

Juno - Hanging by a Hair - 3 XP (I liked this one very much)

Adrian & Travis - Blank Slate - 2 XP

------

These rewards shall encourage you to write more fics about your PCs - I don't care if you portray flashbacks or any other event of your lives as long as it is worthwile reading it wink

I don't mean to demotivate those who haven't submitted any fics yet. I know some simply lack the time and others lack inspiration. If the latter is the case try to hook up with one of your fellow players and work something out. I'm sure you'll find a way to colaborate on something great.

The game's balance is geared towards the XP I hand out for the Chapter's so there is basically challengwise no disadvantage for you PC if you don't write fics. Take the extra XP as an edge I grant the heroes of this story - you can take advantage of it or not. My aim is to add more detail to this game and hopefully with loads of fics on your side.

If you want me to colaborate in a fic portraying NPCs or whatever you want me to do, drop me a PM. I will gladly help you out.

Part 2 will be posted tonight - then you can lift off!

I'm a bit confused by your post Stargaizer. Maybe I failed to clarify. You are not at the hospital anymore. You are in one of the alcoves that just has gotten opened by Ronnie. There are cables attached to your body (like in Matrix) and something that resembles divers-mask on your face that provided you with oxygen.

I'm sorry if that wasn't clear.

Archived