Mutants & Masterminds: Future Imperfect - Table-Talk/OOC-Stuff

Joani

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, as this point, I'm going to say that everyone should swarm to the old site, grab your character sheets and any other important messages delivered via PM, and set up new PMs here. As far as I can tell, I'm missing most of them, and I can't add people back into many of them. So I suggest transfering them over to me ASAP.

see above. Same applies to me. Thanks

Finally got back from holiday, found the whole site changed - took me some to figure out what happened and where everything went. Then I had to recover my account because the password wasn't taken over on the new site, but couldn't create a new account either. But I am back and all sheets/messages seem present. Am now checking the posts to see what's missing/what I missed.

• 2 weeks later...

Joani, went to post today and couldn't find my M&M digital file. I'm gonna keep looking, but if I can't find it I'll get ahold of Dawn or Mala after work today and get the descriptions of Savannah's powers and die pools and stuff, and get a post up by then, I promise. Sorry about the delay, I haven't forgotten!

• 2 weeks later...

@Quest - I'm gonna roll with what Jaunt initiated there, although Becca technically wouldn't have been able to speak much (being all furry and such). I will deduct you one HP for "dramatic editing" of the scene to keep things fluent as they are.

That leaves Fenris and Juno back to fight the spooks unless you guys (Jaunt) do something to help them. It's perfectly fine for me btw. I prefer it this way than making it more complicated because my presence lately is spotty and sporadic (which I have currently no control over, sorry).

So I'm actually caught up in all threads - yay!

I suppose you solved the issue in Quest by deleting those posts which I saw earlier. In that case I will give Jaunt back his HP since the "dramatic editing" didn't occur. Please tell me if I'm getting this wrong.

Basically you get feedback damage whenever you use your powers.

Some powers don't cause feedback damage (I'm still owing you a list which don't but as a rule of thumb, powers that don't have an attack effect generally don't cause feedback damage). I apologize for the seemingly unresolved nature of this but the Virus is also a roleplaying tool. It causes you to feel like having a flu most of the time unless you completely refuse to use your powers.

Mechanicswise it works like this. Half of your ranks in a power rounded down can be used safely (no feedback effect). As soon as you use one rank above that threshhold you have to roll for Fortitude vs. DC 15 + Rank of power used. You fail to pass your roll, you get injured.

Damage caused by the virus heals slower! All this can be found in the rules section here: House Rules

I hope this clarifies?

How does that interact with things like Juno's dynamic array?

For example:

Juno boosted her strength using the array. She bought 3 more levels of Str, for 6 points. Does that give her a Strength of +5, which inflicts Virus damage every time she uses it? Or does the act of putting points into the array itself count as a power, and inflict damage, but she can then use any power in the array without incurring Virus again? Or something else entirely?

We would have to look at every power/effect within the array seperately to check for Virus Feedback or not. Juno can boost her strength but making use of it to full tilt will make her muscles scream in agony (or not, depending on your save).

The defensive effect for example - Impervious Toughness you bought won't cause feedback. This is mostly because it's a passive effect (most passive effects cause no feedback but again there can be exceptions.).

When in doubt I usually try to go for common sense while maintaining a general direction (active/offensive powers vs passive powers). A good supervisor for this is actually Jameson/Travis - should I not be around either ask him in Chat or post here.

Getting back to your example - yes, you will have to roll for feedback if you use your increased strength.

Okay, so, for example, if Juno uses her Affliction power at its full rank of 6, she has to roll Virus. If she uses it at a rank of 3...she doesn't.

If she'd only bought 4 ranks of Affliction in the pool, then she'd have to save vs Virus if she used more than two?

• 2 weeks later...

@Simon - That's actually my bad, I forgot to leave a pointer in your thread to indicate that you guys (Simon and Savannah) have been moved to Cat on a Wire. I will see how I can fix that.

The Combat Tracker has been merged - I simply forgot announcing that here and in your original thread, sowwy.

Savannah, I would gladly give you a hand as well if you can send me a copy of your sheet or let me know what the effects being used are.

Joani, I'll need you to update before I can post since I can't tell what just happened in scene. Also, can Travis tell what kind of weaponry these jerks are armed with? At least one had a conventional sniper rifle I assume, but the other 5 could be packing plasma cannons for all I know, and it will effect Travis' actions.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived