Aberrant RPG - Quantum Conversion question

Mr Fox

So the question has come up as to whether Q-Conversion is a linear progression or is scaling.

Per the rules, 1 dot of converted quantum = enough electricity to power a large TV for 1 hour.

By the rules you can only convert 1 quantum per dot you have in Q-Conversion. So the most you could convert would be 5 quantum assuming you had 5 dots in QC.

Question is whether 2 dots in QC = 2 x enough electricity to power a large TV for 1 hour, or if it scales up.

Any input would be appreciated.

Well it is a level 1/Q-min 1 power, however it seems that after reading it that it has errata that wasn't addressed because it has a dice pool that really doesn't do anything.

So instead of the effect of converting on a 1:1, I would say that you could convert 1:sux on the roll, gives the power a little more meat, seems more in line with other powers and doesn't have the weird 5 point restriction.

Other options:

PR + [Q sux]=sux

Q + [PR + Stam sux] = sux

There's also to think about, if QConv were linar, a 1:1 ratio, then what would that say for things like QBolt (electricity). Would a lvl 1 QBolt, which takes 3QP only give enough juice to power 3 large TV's for an hour, or would it give more juice? If QConv is the measuring stick for QP->Electrical Juice, and it were linear, then that would make sense.

But, personally, I think a QBolt is more powerful than that... thus scaling.

*sits down and shuts up now*

1 QP powers an object for 1 hour, 2, powers it for 2. Keep in mind the nova needs to remain in contact with the object. He doesn't create a quantum bubble that serves as a 'battery pack', he has to to be there powering the object.

Reduced Quantum Cost does effect this cost effectively allowing a nova to power something indefinitely.

That was the reason I brought this up. I need to make a decision as to whether it is linear or scaling to know if it gets powerful enough to power a Stargate. Looking for the opinions of those more educated than myself in the mechanics.