Nemesis Facility: 'Danger Room'

Stargaizer

Violet listened carefully to Morph wanting to learn how she could perfect her abilities. What he portrayed thrilled her - copying people sounded like real fun.

"I suppose reading their minds will help alot in finding out what they are about. I think I won't need those 3D-Models, I've got a pretty good idea about fashion and clothes. Samantha is in the business, you know."

Violet continued with the practice doing exactly what Morph wanted her to do. It appeared that she was talented as long she was asked to do things she liked.

"No I didn't know that," Williemorph grins. He snaps his fingers and adds,

"Once you figure out what your range is with mind-reading, you will become a better classic infiltrator than me!"

He seems definitely pleased with the idea.

"You can keep someone hostage while you do your mission, using their memories to heighten your act. Perfect. I have to rely on less conventional methods ... and guessing."

As they walk along, it does slowly become easier, though Williemorph does reminder her to give a certain flow to the 'fabric' when the breeze blows. Channeling your flesh down to such a fine width is difficult and a bit tiring. Getting it to move like cotton even more so.

Violet gets constant encouragement from her mentor throughout the process. He shows her by example when she stumbles and congratulates her when she does well. He even goes so far as turning into Violet and taking on a dress she finds a tad more difficult - silk straps across the back. Out of sight things are still a bit difficult to get just right. By the end of the session, Violet and Sam get the feeling they have really accomplished something and are making real progress.

Alexandra nods, acknowledging the request. "I don't think so, though that would be very handy." She does som stretching first as always and then takes off, pumping her legs hard, quickly topping out at one hundred miles per hour, far faster than a normal human could move. She isn't at all suprised when Accellerate catches up to her with little effort.

Oh, Accelerate did catch up with her, but she was leaning backwards (and running backwards) when she did it. They run like that for a moment or two before,

"Not shabby," comes out of her grudgingly. She turns around and runs alongside Alex for a few hundred more yards. The run becomes almost rhythmic.

"Obstacles!" Accelerate calls out and immedaitely various padded obstacles pop up out of the track. No sooner has she mastered those than flying obstacles come down and from the sides to make the course even more interesting. Finally, when Alexandra has even mastered these simple obstacles a hand grabs the back of her head and slams her into one of the padded steeples. The padding seems to expand around her while collapsing in front of her. Alex tumbles a few more yards before she comes to a stop and pops back up, certainly angry.

Accelerate is standing perfectly still in front of her, eyeing here in a cold, detached manner.

"Forget about me?" she chides.

Waiting for that anger to die down a bit, she adds,

"Come on. We have a lot more to do. Learn not to fall and I'll let you hit things," and she takes off running again.

"No, I didn't. Just didn't expect you to do that." She hated being mocked, but knew she could learn from Accelerate. "Alright, I will."

She ran the obstacles , jumping when she could, and in a couple of really hairy moments, taking Flight to avoid a sudden obstacle. She thought she was starting to get the hang of things and realized that this thing had to be set on easy mode.

(Hyper-speed roll (Dex+Hyper Speed)

(09:03:07) ChatBot: (Ally_Kat) rolls 8d10 and gets 4,6,9,3,8,9,8,10.

incase of need to reroll 10's

(09:04:10) ChatBot: (Ally_Kat) rolls 1d10 and gets 2.)

William's staff hit Draygo squarely, but between his scales and fluid movement, William could tell he didn't do any actual damage. Draygo, for his part, moved with a fluidity that William, quite frankly, thought impossible.

Draygo transitioned smoothly from moving with William's attack to moving with his own. His arm shot out, and raked across William's chest.

Click to reveal..
Attack --> 8d10.hits(5) - [2,7,2,2,10,8,2,8] = 4sux

Reflexive Dodge --> 5d10.hits(6) - [2,8,2,4,4] = 1sux = 3sux to hit

Damage --> 10d10.hits(6) - [9,6,2,2,4,2,2,8,5,9] = 4sux

Soak --> 3d10.hitsopen(5,10) - [9,4,3] = 1+1=2sux=2dmg=(Hurt -1)

Draygo's talons sliced into William's chest. They weren't deep wounds, but they left four parallel lines of red on his chest and slices through his shirt.

Draygo was actually starting to really enjoy himself. Apparently, either combat or teaching was where he really felt himself. With the closest thing to a smirk as his face could get, he spouted, "Come on William, I know you can do better than that."

Wincing in pain James realized *This is where the tough get going*, dug inside of himself, and with an effort of will he yelled "Ya!" and swung on the Draygo again.

Click to reveal..
Spending Willpower

8d10.hits(6)+1 [10,3,8,4,8,5,9,9,1] = (5) (actually 6 sux with WP, +1 apparently means one more die and not one auto-sux)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1966157/

Willpower Pool: 5/8

Reflexive Dodge --> 6d10.hits(6) - [10,10,7,2,2,5] = 3sux = 3sux to hit

Damage: 6 str + 6 staff + 1 MAS + Acc (as much as 2)

18d10.hits(6) [9,8,3,6,10,7,9,9,9,3,10,4,6,1,8,10,1,10] = 11 sux

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1966169/

Soak --> 9d10.hitsopen(4, 10) → [[10, 1],2,7,[10, 7],6,8,3,2,3] = 6sux = 5dmg = (Bruised 0)

Draygo tried to roll with this strike as well, but whether it was William's sudden yell or just not being in the right position to move, William's blow struck, and it struck hard. William was able to tell that he had finally landed a good blow, and the damage to Draygo showed. All along where William's staff struck, scales were actually bent, scorched, and one even fell off, revealing the top of the scale under it, but no flesh.

Draygo, to his credit, barely glanced down to see the damage done to his side before he retaliated. Spinnind his entire body, Draygo swept his massive tail around, striking William squarely in the chest and sending him flying into the padded wall. Besides having some of the air knocked out of him, William was no worse for wear.

Only now did Draygo look down at his side and let out a low growl/humm. And, before William's eyes, the scale that fell off grew back. Draygo then looked at William, his emotions still running high. "Well, you're getting much better; let's see if you can keep it up." And with that Draygo assumed yet another fighting stance, this time with his injured side facing away from William.

Alley Cat gets quite the workout, but can be happy with how fast she can run, and how dexterously she can dodge obstacles - even when Accelerate has the obstacles move. If her taskmaster isn't happy with her, she at least isn't angry.

Alley is worn out. Accelerate has barely sweated.

"Tomorrow, we graduate to the cityscape. Morons jaywalking, cars pulling out, chumps changing lanes - all the fun of city life for the painfully slow," she sneers.

"Dodge a truck, steal a necklace off a neck - without taking the poor saps head off, and we can move over to the all important 'hitting people'."

She turns away from her student,

"Shower off. You stink."

Will replied with a smile, "Won't need to keep it up if I put you down. ;)"

Will decided, *Time to get a little more complicated* and yelled "YA!!!" as he feinted an strike against Draygo's injured side but instead reversed the staff to sweep his feet.

Click to reveal..
Sweep Attack (Abby Core book pg 245), trying to knock him down. Spending willpower. Will Pool: 4/8

8d10.hits(6) [1,4,10,1,2,1,3,8] = (2) (3 Sux with Willpower)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1966479/

Reflexive Dodge --> 6d10.hits(6) - [9,8,10,3,2,8] = 4sux = -1sux to hit

Damage: 6 str + 6 staff + 1 MAS + Acc (as much as 3)

16d10.hits(6) [4,1,10,2,10,3,3,7,3,8,6,2,4,7,6,8] = (8) sux

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1966487/

(Say, should I roll 10's again with damage?)(answer, no, only on soak)

Draygo was able to jump up out of the way of the sweep, pushing his way up towards the ceiling on his powerful wings. From there he replied, "You're right, but it would take more than removing my footing to take me down. Let's see how well you deal with ranged, now."

And with that he sent a writhing ball of green energy William's way.

Click to reveal..
Attack --> 7d10.hits(6) - [4,10,9,8,10,8,7] = 6sux

Reflexive Dodge --> 5d10.hits(6) - [3,2,6,5,9] = 2sux = 4sux to hit

Damage --> 10d10.hits(6) - [6,7,3,10,4,9,6,3,10,1] = 5sux

Soak --> 4d10.hitsopen(5,10) - [9,5,7,5] = 4sux = 1dmg = (Injured -1)

I'm leaving what happens to you, describe as you will

Quote:
And with that he sent a writhing ball of green energy William's way.
Will ducked and tumbled into a rolling dodge... which wasn't quite enough since he got hit anyway. Will hissed in pain and moved to a defense stance with Draygo out of reach.

Click to reveal..
Martial Dodge against whatever is coming next. IC hates me.
8d10.hits(6) [6,2,4,4,1,10,3,2] = (1) Sux.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1966651/

William and Draygo continued until they were both beaten down. Draygo, apparently, could be injured if you hit him often enough, and William, apparently, could resist injury if you hit him softly enough.

Once they were both beaten to the brink of exhaustion, Draygo called a time out, and they both let the healing properties of the floor flow through them and heal them up. While they were resting, Draygo took the time to instruct William on 'application' of the 'theory' that he had such a good grasp of. Thinks like watching the muscles of your opponent to tell what they were going to do next and judging the strength of an attack so that you could know which ones to take so that you could move in with a stronger attack.

Once they were finished resting, and fully healed up, Draygo and William went at it agian. Between William's accelerated recovery, Draygo's seemingly inexhaustable reserves of energy and the healing properties of the floor, William and Draygo sparred much longer than the inital training session had.

Once William and Draygo were finally finished, each of the sections reverted back to the bleak training room, and the seperating walls 'melted' back into the floor from which they'd come.

Each of the three mentors said goodbye to their charges, letting them know that they were free to do as they wished with the rest of the night, however they were all required to be back here at 10:00 sharp the next morning. Of course, Draygo was the only one of the three mentors to stay to answer any questions.

Archived