Nemesis Facility: Lounge

Stargaizer

((This is a mostly open thread. There is everything in here as stated the original Nemisis Facility thread. If there's something that you think would be good to have in here, or that you would like, PM me and we'll see if it is. If there is NPC interaction, I'll jump in, otherwise feel free to post what you do.))

• 1 month later...

When they entered the lounge from the hallway, to the right were all the rooms and to the hallways to the left and straight ahead led to everywhere else.

The rooms to the right included, among others, smoke rooms and TV lounges. Draygo was in one of the latter, that had yellow walls and deeply padded leather sofas, as well as a granite table between the sofas and the large screen plasma television (which is turned off right now).

Once everybody is in and has a seat (sofas along 3 walls, table in center, TV on 4th wall), Draygo holds up some papers and starts. "So, I have the results of your tests, and I have to say we have a very talented group here. So, before I tell everyone what we found out, let's go around the room and say what you think the doctor was able to find out about what abilities you all have.

So, who wants to go first?"

Will instantly held up his hand and says, "Me."

"At a guess, he found I'm an empath, stronger, tougher, & better at hand to hand than before. If I'm lucky he figured out why on that last one."

"Maybe he was able to define 'some sort of healing factor', and can tell me about burning my staff... err..." Will recognized he misspoke on that last one but brushed it aside.

Samantha sat next to William giving him a shy smile and listened carefully to what Draygo wanted from them.

She had to stiffle a laugh when Will finished his part and suppressed a giggle. Still smiling she waited if Alex would pick things up from there. Deciding she was still thinking about it Samantha followed up.

"Well... Violet can read minds and move things with her mind. Like those Jedi-types from the Star Wars movies. And I think she can change her shape, although I'm not sure to which degree.", she waited a moment before she added her last thoughts. "Violet is constantly scanning for emotions and sometimes does something with it - I can't really tell what, it's too subtle for me to actually perceive it."

Maybe I should explain this part? Violet asked teasingly.

No! I haven't had chance to talk to William, yet.

Samantha was trying to fight Violet back and got angry about it. To the outside it must've looked as if she just bit on something sour.

Draygo nodded at each in turn. Then, once everybody was finished, and all the eyes were back to him, he started, and went around in the same order.

"Well, you all have a pretty good idea of what you can do; I guess your all's first training session did well. Anyways, William, it appears as if you have low levels of invulnerability to damage, as well as the ability to heal yourself quickly after injury or exhaustion. You've already expressed that that you can feel the emotions of others, and you also have supernatural strength and martial abilities. That would explain your increase in fighting potential. And, lastly, you have the ability to charge a weapon with psychic energy, thus explaining your 'flaming stick'. Now, from what I hear, with enough practice, you can actually make your own, instead of having to charge a physical weapon. As such, your personal training will be done with me.

Samantha. You, I'm afraid, don't seem to have any powers of your own. Perchance, with time, you can learn to access Violet's abilities; but for now, she's got sole control. So, Violet, I assume you can hear me in there, you have telepathy and telekenisis, so not only can you read and change minds and emotions, but you can also effect the physical world with nothing more than the power of your mind. Like William, you too have supernatural abilities, but unlike him your are your appearance and bending others to your will. These are more than just extentions of your morphing and telepathy; these are heightened enough to rate as their own powers. And, as previously mentioned, you have the same ability as Morph. As such, he will be overseeing the majority of your training.

Alexandra, last but not least. You, my dear, round out this group quite nicely. As noted, you do have superhuman speed. Also, like everybody else it seems, you have supernatural abilities. You share your supernatural strength with William, but you also have supernatural agility. Naturally you can fly, and you also somewhat supernaturally flawless, physically speaking. For most of your training, you'll be under the tutalage of a... lovely lady by the name of Accelerate. As for the flying, I'll be training you with that.

So, now that everybody knows what everybody can do, and we all know who our personal trainers are, any questions?"

Will processed Draygo's information and tried to look at it from as many angles as he could.

• 'Low levels of invulnerability to damage'... enough to help but not the sort of thing he'd want to depend on. In the future he'd try not to catch any bullets.
  • 'Supernatural... martial abilities'. So his skill in hand to hand combat was caused by skill in hand to hand combat. Not exactly a key to the universe but 'winning' was the important thing.
  • 'Psychic energy'... whatever that meant. Of course he'd never understood what 'nuclear energy' meant either. Presumably since there was a label someone could tell him what it meant.
  • 'Make your flaming stick'... now this had promise. Waving a flaming thing around, maybe use it as a flame thrower.
  • And Draygo was going to be his trainer... probably a good choice considering the way he'd trashed all of them earlier. Train with the best.
Thoughts whirring, Will listened to the other's reports with half an ear.

Sam didn't have any abilities... which sucked a bit. Violet was going to be training with Morph, which was GREAT!... at least from Will's point of view. Much better Morph than some hot stud. Violet had supernatural appearance. Will could have told them that. Not sure what "bending others to your will" meant.

Alex was as strong as Will. Now 'this' was news, welcome or unwelcome he wasn't sure, probably welcome since they were on the same team. 'Supernatural agility', now 'that' sounded like something that would help win football games. Maybe if Will threw a pass she'd catch it. What the heck was 'supernaturally flawless'? Having a friend who had a friend who was a 'lovely lady' sounded like a good thing, he'd have to meet this 'Accelerate'.

Quote:
So, now that everybody knows what everybody can do, and we all know who our personal trainers are, any questions?
Will asked,

"When do we get started?" Practice made perfect.

Samantha looked at the table her eyes dilated a bit.

"Looks like I lucked out again, eh?", she didn't really upset but there was sadness in her voice.

Don't blame yourself, Sam. You kind of created me and I'm grateful for that. Now straighten yourself. Head up, shoulders back, chest out. You're not a loser and I won't let anyone hurt you, hear me? Now smile for me.

Samantha nodded to herself and tried her best to do what Violet told her. She looked at the others and managed to smile - not her best smile, but a smile anyways.

"I don't think Violet is very fond of training with Morph - is there someone else she... ah we could train with?"

As if on cue, Morph and a lady walked into the room. Morph shuffled a bit, looked down, then turned to Sam.

"Would you prefer I looked like ..." and he transformed into a perfect duplicate of Will, "this?"

He even sounded like Will and his shoulders were thrown back in the same style as the man he was mimicing.

"You need to learn about what skin-shaping can do for you, ESPECIALLY outside of the combat arena. Now, if you want to go in as a liability, with training wheels on while your team mates go in with the experience of professionals, I can live with that. Their lives aren't mine to worry about it. Do you get me?"

The woman had short cropped blonde hair worn in a Claira Bowe style - a kind of hair-helmet. She wore a tight fitting, sleevless white cotten t-shirt with a big, blue A on the front (an Avengers T for those in the know), and deep blue biker pants. she had no short socks and her tennis shoes had steel tips on the toe guards.

Her most telling features though were her movements and her utterly bored expression. It was clear she didn't want to be here, she could care less about her student, and she found this whole excercise a collassal waste of time. Bored.

Her movements were bee-like quick and when she stopped moving, she stopped - totally. She seemed to hang there in Space/Time, out of sync with the world. It was somewhat unnerving to watch and it was clear she didn't care.

Everyone welcome Accelerate.

Originally Posted By: Crusades NPCs
Morph shuffled a bit, looked down, then turned to Sam.

"Would you prefer I looked like ..." and he transformed into a perfect duplicate of Will, "this?"
He even sounded like Will and his shoulders were thrown back in the same style as the man he was mimicing.
Will gasped in mock horror and said in half-protest, "Hey!"

Quote:
Her most telling features though were her movements and her utterly bored expression. It was clear she didn't want to be here, she could care less about her student, and she found this whole excercise a collassal waste of time. Bored.
Will mentally noted to himself, *Yep. Definitely made out the best with Draygo.*

Quote:
Everyone welcome Accelerate.
Will said, "And you must be Accelerate. Pleased to meet you."

Originally Posted By: Crusades NPCs
As if on cue, Morph and a lady walked into the room. Morph shuffled a bit, looked down, then turned to Sam.

"You need to learn about what skin-shaping can do for you, ESPECIALLY outside of the combat arena. Now, if you want to go in as a liability, with training wheels on while your team mates go in with the experience of professionals, I can live with that. Their lives aren't mine to worry about it. Do you get me?"

"Hey - tell her, not me. Don't take it out on me. I was only relaying what she has told me.", Samantha answered in self-defense.

Then her eyes widened and a barely audible "No..." escaped her lips as Violet took over again looking angry at Morph.

"I got you, Morph. Lets get this over with.", her foul mood slowly spread over the room like a heavy blanket.

Draygo looked sternly at Violet. His voice was as hard as his eyes. "Violet, keep your emotions to your self, if you would. Just because you don't like your assignment, doesn't mean you have to put a damper on the rest of us."

After he said that, his expression softened as he looked to Alexandra, waiting for her reaction.

Violet clenched her fists and sighed trying to relax. Concentrating on it she drew back the foul mood and quenched it. She looked around at the others obviously eager to leave. Action would do her good - it would help to calm her down.

Violet - you're overreacting.

Violet didn't answer and just waited.

Morph looks to Sam/Violet.

"Are you ready to start? Right now?"

Without really waiting for an answer,

"I need you to start now. I want you to study Alexandra. Study her closely - how she moves, how she smells, and how she stands when she's still."

He gives her a lopsided grin.

"You'll learn to study people. It's all in the eyes. You need to see it to visualize it properly. Okay. Let's go."

Accelerate barely flicks her eyes in Alex's direction.

"Yeah, whatever. Come with me. Try and keep up."

She turns and flows out of the room like liquid lightning. All the while Alex gets the feel that Accelerate is trying to ... slow down.

Willmorph extends a hand to Violet,

"Shall we walk, Babe?"

He even gives her a Will smile and a Will wink. She may shudder when she takes his hand, but he leans in as they both walk out. Whispering, his head almost touching hers as they head down the hall,

"Shape is important, but it's all in the delivery (damn, he sounds so much like William). You have got to want to be that person, so learn to watch them."

"Aaahhh, its been forever since I've shown anybody my true shape. I wear masks. You will learn to do the same. We are not limited to just one face - one life. We can be anybody, attempt anything without reprisal - if we are clever enough. Do you see what I'm saying?"

A little more loudly, he adds,

"And it's a great way to dodge Draygo if he's angry and looing for you. I'm sure you have already had times you wish he would just leave you alone."

A few mores steps, the Williemorph inquies,

"Have you done the clothes thing yet?"

Archived