Nemesis Facility: Quarters

Stargaizer

((Thread for all happenings inside your (or someone else's) room. This thread will be mostly open. Your personal quarters look like your bedroom did before you came here, unless you've made some changes to it since you arrived. Same for Samantha's room, but half of it is specifically Vi's (describe it as you will, within reason). They all have large closets with fasionable clothing in the appropriate size(s), as well as a master bath with optional whirlpool tub (if your character would like one, state first time you enter)))

The headaches slowly subsided but Samantha still felt out of place. She tried to change back into Violet but she couldn't. It was worse than what Null did because Violet could still communicate with Sam. This time it felt like she was unconscious. A feeling Samantha didn't like.

The room looked much like hers with some additions which seemed to cater to Violet's taste. I guess she'll have her own wardrobe and stuff.

William was in the next room and not knowing what to do she decided to pay him a visit. She felt saver around him - saver than on her own.

Knocking on Will's door she leaned slightly foward to listen for any movement or sounds, "Hey, it's me, Samantha. You awake?"

Originally Posted By: Violet
Knocking on Will's door she leaned slightly forward to listen for any movement or sounds, "Hey, it's me, Samantha. You awake?"
Listening at the door Samantha could hear a hissing intermixed with grunting that suggested physical exercise. At her words this stopped and Will opened the door wearing UofM sweat pants without socks, and a navy blue tee-shirt. Beyond him there was a rumpled plastic mat on the floor.

Will smiled at Sam and said,

"Come on in. This is a lot bigger than my old dorm room. Big closets with fitting clothes, master bath, even a whirlpool. We're already moving up in the world."

The room had a couch, single bed, a small table with a few chairs. It was definitely a masculine room, most of the decor could be described as 'UofM Football'. There were a couple of posters up next to some shelves. The overall air was a small set of furniture moved into a much bigger room.

Samantha smiled at William and took his offer to come in. She was wearing a plain white T-Shirt and some stone washed jeans. Not knowing where to make herself comfortable she stopped only a few feet behind the door and checked Will's room out.

"So you're some kind of sportsfreak? Football I presume.", it didn't sound as if that was what she actually wanted to say. After a double take she started anew, "My name is Samantha Moody, nice to meet you William. I'm sorry about what happened earlier - I'm not really sure what did happen. The only thing I can say is, that it knocked Violet out.", she sounded a bit worried and sad. It was odd how she was referring to Violet, as if speaking about another person.

Will raised an eyebrow at Samantha's "Sportsfreak" comment but didn't seem surprised. After her introduction he replied formally, "And I am William Arthurson, nice to meet you to Samantha. Call me Will. Come in, take a seat." Will waved towards the couch.

He continued in a less formal tone, "And yeah, this room is pretty awful. In Context it's better. In the University of Michigan Athletic Dorm this is the fashion."

"As for the rest, don't worry about it. The headaches are gone. A good night's sleep and both of us will be ok. And if we're not, they can heal us. Right before the change I was pretty busted up. Multiple broken bones, maybe internal injuries. If they can heal me up from that this can't be a big deal."

Will paused then added, "And, well, accidents happen. First time out rollerskating it's expected. That's why we practice."

Will hesitated then asked, "How much do you remember from when you... um... when you're her?"

Samantha sat down and took a second look at the room. She didn't mean to judge him and he seemed like an honest guy. His good spirits and easy going attitude helped her relax more and feel more comfortable. His question did make her raise an eyebrow, "Is that one or two questions?", she discarded the implied thought she had and continued. "Well, it's like watching through someone's eyes. Kinda cool actually. I'm getting better at it, I think. Sometimes it feels like I'm doing this all. I think it's the same way for her when I'm me... you understand?"

There was a slight look of confusion on her face. It appeared that she did have some trouble referring to herself or Violet in that way. Under different circumstances people would've sent her to an Asylum. It sounded as if she was losing her mind.

Will answered easily, "I guess it's like watching a movie or something. It's probably one of those things you can't really describe."

Will asked, "So she is a telepath and seriously good looking. Did you get an upgrade from the... I guess Angel is the right word?"

Upgrade? "I'm not sure if I understand what you mean. I've got no powers, Will. It's all hers. It's all hers...", her voice was getting faint and she shivered slightly looking down at the floor not able to meet his eyes.

"I do remember that Angel you spoke of... and terrible red eyes... and...", she didn't finish the sentence. She couldn't. Will could tell, even without his empathic powers that she was quickly closing again instead of opening up to him. Something terrible must've happened to her. Traumatic at least.

Will realized it was time to change the topic and decided if and when they revisited this it wouldn't be when he was mind-blind. He said,

"Sounds to me like She is your power. But you might have others you don't know about. I figure most powers are situational. You might have super-speed swimming, I mean, how would you know? I didn't know about empathy until I was around people, and I didn't know about making brooms glow until I picked one up."

Samantha had to involuntarily laugh at Will's remark about making brooms glow. "You're shitting me, you can make brooms glow? How silly is that?"

She smiled at him the dark thoughts swept away for the moment but there was still something in her eyes that remained. Something she kept to herself and didn't want to share.

Will answered, "Yep, no kidding. I can do it. For like the first 30 seconds I was like, 'You have got to be kidding me..' crazy "

"...I *think* it has some serious uses. Unscrew the head and you have a staff, but I was too afraid of what might happen if I started swinging it around in my room. Maybe it just glows, maybe it cuts through walls or starts fires."

"I checked and I'm pretty sure my skill with a staff has gone up a lot." Will doesn't realize the double entendre of what he just said until it's too late. He hastily added,

"Point is I don't think we know what we can do."

Samantha couldn't stop giggling. William really knew how to make her laugh.

"I guess you're right about that.", she finally managed to say in between fits of giggles and laughter. Slowly she was calming down again. "You're a funny guy, Will. The next person to being normal around here I suppose. Have you met anybody else... I mean like 'us'?"

Will's mood got much darker and he said, "I..."

"I'm... not sure. I was with my sister last night when it happened. The wonder twins said she was chosen too. But this morning I couldn't find her."

"I didn't try very hard. I mean, the angel fixed me up, and first thing the next morning I went out tried to figure out what was what. I figured he'd healed her too and Jane was just out figuring out what she could do."

"But now... I just don't know." Will realized that his sister might be dead, or worse, that he might just never find out what happened to her.

Will's sudden change of mood caught her off guard. It was stupid to assume that she was the only one going through some kind of traumatic experience. "I'm sorry to hear that, Will. But I'm sure she is doing fine. Did the Angel say something about her being 'chosen', too?", she stood up and took a step towards him trying to offer some kind of solace to him.

She smiled at Will and returned the hug trying to give him comfort and get some intimacy, too. She was still scared and confused and without the ability to change to Violet she felt more vulnerable than ever. Giving solace to Will somehow enforced her own confidence a little and it made her feel better.

"We're going to find her. I'm sure she is around somewhere here.", she didn't release the embrace and waited until he would.

Will held Samantha a long comforting moment... and with comfort his thoughts turned from the possible loss of his sister to the definite reality of the attractive woman he was holding. He started to stroke her back and considered,

*Careful there Will. Nothing hurts a team like introducing sexual politics. If she were a team mates girl friend you wouldn't make a play for her.*

*She's not a team mate's girl. And if she were Violet I would.*

*That's thinking with the wrong organ. It's not like you're both in a bar and looking to score. She's hurting too and she's right across the hall.*

*...*

Finally Will stroked the side of Samantha's face, looked her in the eyes, and although he made no move to release her said,

"I think we'd better stop."

(If Sam tries to move away he lets her, if she doesn't he kisses her).

Samantha held Will and with each passing second her desire to be there for him grew. The uncertainty about the whereabouts of his sister and his caring nature touched her deeply. Then she felt his hands stroking her back and for a moment she forgot about everything else. He touched her face and she looked up into his eyes sensing the he was about to kiss her.

Just when their lips where about to connect she shyed away as images of the red eyes and the photo shoot resurfaced. "I... I can't, Will... I just...", her eyes filled slowly with tears and she tried weakly to push herself away from him.

Will stopped at Samantha's words, gave her a quick hug, then let her go.

*See? Shot down again. At least one of us has some sense. This wasn't a good idea. Correction: Not "some sense", "still hurting".*

Will took a deep breath and said, "It's ok. Seriously. You're hurting, I'm hurting, and we're neighbors. It's probably best if we left it at that, at least for tonight."

Samantha nodded at William relieved that he understood her situation. "Thank you, Will. I... I...", she didn't finish the sentence and instead an awkward moment of silence followed.

"So, ahm. What do we do now? Are you hungry? I don't even know what time of day it is.", Samantha looked definetly lost.

Glad for the subject change, Will thought out loud,

"We could have changed time zones with the gate or teleport or whatever that was. I was Eastern before, it was like 5am when he made his move, call it... 6? maybe 7? my time."

"So... I say we get a nap, wake up for breakfast in an hour or two. If you want you could sack out on that couch, there's a blanket right there, or you could go back to your room."

"I think I'd like to stay this night here. Don't feel too comfortable all alone.", she took the offer gladly and went to the couch.

Taking the blanket she lost her jeans and tossed it behind the couch and quickly covered herself.

"I hope everything will be fine, I really do, Will.", she turned to one side presenting Will her back. "Good night, I suppose. I hope you don't snore.", she giggled a little at that remark and closed her eyes.

Samantha woke up and immediately found herself taken over by Violet. Before she could say or do anything she transformed under the blanket and stood up with a startle.

Violet was missing something - a good deal of the last couple of hours and she didn't like that.

Where am I?

We're in William's room. You kind of lost consciousness I suppose. What did you try to do?

Samantha was a little scared by the way Violet reacted and behaved.

I understand... our quarters are next to eachother, right?

Violet didn't wait for an answer and just walked out of Will's room disregarding if he had woken up already or not.

In her quarters she checked out the dresser and picked out some clothes that were both practical and accentuating her figure. A kind of chíc sportive style meets sexy girl. The white tanktop just clinged to her breasts showing some cleavage and leaving her midrif bare exposing the most perfect navel the world had seen. Some matching tight pants with comfortable sneakers round up her 'workout' style. Taking one last look at the mirror she smiled confidently and went for Will's room knocking on his door.

"It's me, Violet. Ready for some breakfast, stud?"

Will 'felt' Violet's presence and startle which woke him up enough to be confused. For a long moment he added up 2 + 2 and got 5.

Bed.

Not my room.

I feel GREAT!

Very attractive half dressed woman (name?) but not in my bed. That's wrong.

Wait, Dorm room? Women's football? Too big for dorm room?

Ah... shoot. She's leaving! Way to go idiot!

Wait, that was Violet. No, Samantha. No, that was Violet.

In a rush everything came back and Will hopped out of bed. He dressed quickly with loose fitting jeans, running shoes, and Wolverines shirt, reflected he needed different clothes now, and was just about to open the door to flag Violet for breakfast when she knocked. Will replied,

"Love some and I was born ready!"

Violet flashed Will her most perfect smile and seized him up with a critical look. "You seriously need a style make-over Will. I can't let myself be seen with you like that in the public.", there was a teasing undertone in her voice but her smile indicated that she was just making fun of him.

Pointing down the hallway she said nonchalantly "That way if my memory doesn't fail me. I'm honestly curious about the other folks around here. And maybe someone will answer some questions finally. I don't like this feeling of being caged or supervised.", she hooked one arm under one of Will's and snuggled briefly against him.

"So tell me about you, Will. I remember something about being superstrong and making brooms glow - what else is there about you?"

Violet flashed Will her most perfect smile and seized him up with a critical look. "You seriously need a style make-over Will. I can't let myself be seen with you like that in the public.", there was a teasing undertone in her voice but her smile indicated that she was just making fun of him.
Will nods in agreement and adds, "Yeah, I know. My room too. Maybe I can borrow you sense of style for this? I mean you look great!"

Quote:
Pointing down the hallway she said nonchalantly "That way if my memory doesn't fail me. I'm honestly curious about the other folks around here. And maybe someone will answer some questions finally. I don't like this feeling of being caged or supervised.", she hooked one arm under one of Will's and snuggled briefly against him.
Will accepted her arm and sent back a glance that said he'd like to do more than snuggle. wink

Quote:
"So tell me about you, Will. I remember something about being superstrong and making brooms glow - what else is there about you?"
Will replied as they reached the cafe,

"I know what you're feeling, so empathy I guess. There's something funky about my reflexes, I'm *much* better with a staff now..." Will apparently meant this in both senses "...and probably fighting in general." *Careful Will, her face is up there*

Will added as an after thought, "I'm a lot tougher than before too. Obviously I don't know what the deal is with any of this. That broom, is that like a flash light or more like a light saber? What does 'tougher' mean? Needles and matches don't work, but what about bullets? Nukes? I'm not getting shot just to prove I can be shot."

Will asked, "How about you Violet? Telepathy, *best body on the planet*, anything else?"

When William and Violet finally got back to their respective rooms, they noticed a touch-screen laying on their desks. In this was a dizzying array of furniture, accessories, even bathroom stuffs (including new toilets, sinks, cabinets, tubs/showers/jaquizzi's, etc.). There was also pretty much any type of clothing that would fit them.

And, more importantly, there was a 'room editor', which had their current room layout, of furniture and accessories, and they could add, move or get rid of anything in their room. And lastly, there was a 'submit' button. It said that it was 'submitting' and then it just went back to the starting screen.

• 2 weeks later...

“You’re the master of understatement, Will. Is that one of your hidden powers?“, Violet shook her head and laughed. Her mood visibly improved which seemed to affect the others, too.

Click to reveal..
Manipulation+Telepathy resisted by WP. (10d10.hits(6)=5) – total of 3 suxx, damn the oWoD system with subtracting 1s // Violet mood improves and she reflects that on everyone around her. You’ll feel happy and relieved if you don’t want to resist

Then she went pass him and checked out the pad. Within a matter of seconds she had figured out to navigate the system and started to arrange Williams room adding furniture and other accessories to her liking. Once she was finished Williams room looked nothing like before. The room looked more like it belonged to a british colonial mansion somewhere in Africa than a young testosterone laden footballjock. Violet took a deep breath and smiled satisfied at the others.

”That’s more like it.”

Will looked over Violet's shoulder to see what she'd done and noticed the bed was a double. Potentially good news although that was moving further and further away from what he wanted to talk about. He also relaxed somewhat noticing that Violet's mood had improved.

Will said, "Thank you Violet, that's going to be much better."

After a pause Will added, "So what happened back in Medical?"

"What happened? That stupid Doctor happened. He forced me back, suppressed me., Violet was clearly upset about that.

"I think you don't have the slightest idea how that feels like - being forced back. Turned off practically and I don't mean that in a sexual way."

Violet walked over to Will's bed and reclined on it like a large cat laying on the side. "This is so humiliating. I think they do it on purpose."

She looked up at Alex and Will and sighed.

"Right now they are testing us in every way possible. If you can be "turned off" as you say it is better that we know such a thing now, here, in a controlled environment, as opposed to somewhere that will put you and the rest of us in danger."

She tries to be concilliatory. "I don't think he was doing it to hurt you, simply to see how you tick. He did much the same with the way he poked and prodded my limbs. I've had people working as he did on mine, mostly physical trainers when I pulled something in the past, but he did go more in-depth than most."

"I was more impressed at how The Doctor backed Draygo down with a glance. Clearly he's not someone to anger. It's either that, or there is a profound degree of respect for the Doctor here at the facility, and we would all be wise to adhere to that policy."

”Respect is to be respected, Alex and that Doctor could have asked before he went to do his stuff. Aside from that I never thought it would be possible to push me back forcefully except for Sam.”, Violet seemed to have something more on her mind but didn’t say anything.

”So what are we going to do? I suppose a threesome in that whirlpool tub is not an option?”

Originally Posted By: Ally Kat
"..."I was more impressed at how The Doctor backed Draygo down with a glance. Clearly he's not someone to anger. It's either that, or there is a profound degree of respect for the Doctor here at the facility, and we would all be wise to adhere to that policy."
Will added matter of factly, "Not just respect. Draygo was actively intimidated, almost afraid of him."

”So what are we going to do? I suppose a threesome in that whirlpool tub is not an option?”
Will was going to ask a more probing question about Samantha but this question totally derailed his so instead he answered,

"I'm willing." smile

Alexandra stops and looks at them both. "You can't be serious."

Not so much a sheltered young woman, she didn't really know these people that well. More to the point she realized Violet would esentially garner all the attention, and she would be the third wheel on such a thing.

”I figured you wouldn’t take the chance.”, said Violet looking at Alexander with an raised eyebrow. ”A pity – I’d love to see you in a nice bikini or without…”

Violet seemed to be enjoying herself as she absentmindedly curled a lock of her perfect hair around her finger. She had rolled on her stomach with her legs bend at her knees and her arms resting on her elbows. ”Unless you got a better idea I suppose it is 2 vs 1 right now, Alex. Common don’t be a spoilsport, I think we deserved a nice warm timeout in that tub.”

The hot tub would feel good, and if she was willing to fight with them, why shouldn't she be willing to relax with them.

"Alright, let me go see if brought a swimsuit." She leaves the room and goes to her own, seeing her small kit on the bed.

(OOC Star what do we do for clothes?)

Will said with a wink,

"I think I have the stamina to make things interesting for both of you. At some point I'll have to see how many four minute miles I can run."

Will turned to Violet and asked, "Well, are you going to be wearing a swimsuit?"

No mater what the answer was, Will left briefly to start the water running.

Archived