The Morning After - Samantha & Violet Moody[Com..]

Stargaizer

Wake up, wake up Samantha...

Samantha woke gently, as if she was slowly rising out of a sea of blackness. All the stress that she had before blacking out was completely gone and forgotten as she slowly woke from what was probably the most restful sleep of her life. Forgotten, that is, until she opened her eyes and looked around, and her brain finally re-engaged, trying to figure out where she was.

It wasn’t that hard to figure out, really, once her eyes focused; she was in her room, in her apartment, but in trying to place it, her mind remembered everything that had led up to her blacking out.

Maybe it was all a dream...

No, I can assure you that it wasn’t.

The thought was definitely in a voice that wasn’t hers, but that was normal, wasn’t it. There wasn’t a rule that said all your thoughts had to be in your own voice, was there?

But her memories of what had happened brought her back from her thoughts, and she quickly checked her surroundings. First off, she was in her bed, completely covered with the sheets and blankets, wearing her favorite pajamas, and the bed was made, except for where she was in it. Secondly, the door to her bedroom was shut, and she could see the clothes that she had worn to the ‘photo shoot’ folded neatly on her dresser. And lastly, as she held her breath, she couldn’t hear any sounds coming from inside her apartment, just the ever-present sound of traffic outside.

Samantha didn’t know if she should freak out or be glad that she was back in her apartment. So it wasn’t a dream she thought and waited for the other voice to answer.

I told you it wasn’t. the voice answered sounding a bit impatiently which made Samantha get out of the bed real quick. She looked around as if to look out for someone that might have been the source of that voice but no one was in her room.

Relax, Samantha no one is here except for the two of us

“What?”, said Samantha in disbelieve shaking her head as if to get rid of that voice. “What is going on here? What the hell happened?”

She turned around to walk to the large Window in her bedroom and stared outside. The world seemed to move on like nothing had happened. But something did happen. She could clearly remember it. There was this Angel? that saved her? And what was this talk about being chosen? As she looked up again she saw a dim reflection of an unfamiliar face in the window and backed off. Then she spun around to see if someone was standing behind her but there was no one. She could hear only the sound of traffic outside.

Am I losing my mind?

No, sweetheart – you’re going to love this, I promise

For a moment Samantha just stood there and waited. She heard herself breathing and her heart was beating faster. Adrenaline flushed through her veins and she started to feel light-headed. There was a strange ‘flash’ in her field of vision and she tried to look around to see for the source of it but found that she couldn’t do much but stare. It was as if she was not in control of her body anymore, like she was a passenger. She walked towards her wardrobe and stopped next to the large mirror she had installed and saw herself looking at her reflection. She had her hands on her hips and her head shook at herself in disapproval.

Ts ts ts, we can do better than that, much better.

Suddenly her reflection started to change. First subtle as her hair got longer and gained a dramatic silk-like quality almost bristling with energy. Her limbs stretched slightly making her grow a few inches but most of that seemed to go to her legs. She saw herself smiling and felt a strange rush as the changes got more dramatic. Her tummy tightened as her overall physic got more trimmed and athletic then she filled out in all the “right places” as her hips widened and her breasts swelled giving her an unreal voluptuous hourglass figure. Her face changed too, giving her an elflike almost inhuman beauty. She closed her eyes for a second taking a deep breath and exhaled slowly. As she opened her eyes they had changed their colour to an intensive violet. Samantha didn’t recognise herself in the mirror. She couldn’t believe what she saw.

”Much better.”, she heard herself speak but even her voice had changed, sounding extremely sensual and self-confident. She took a few steps back and suddenly the doors of her wardrobe opened. As if that wasn’t enough her clothes floated out of the wardrobe as if guided by invisible hands.

Violet turned around and inspected the pieces sorting them out to her taste. The pieces she liked she put neatly on the bed, the pieces she didn’t like just dropped to the floor in a heap.

What is going on here?, Samantha asked trying to regain control of her body to no avail. ”Be quiet Sam, I’m working here. But I’ll answer your question anyway. As you can see I’m making some changes to your wardrobe. Most of this obviously won’t fit me anymore but I’m going to keep some pieces for you which I like. We’re going to have so much fun! I can hardly wait to go outside.”

Of course that wasn’t the answer Samantha was expecting. Was she losing her mind? What she witnessed wasn’t possible. It came directly out of a comic book. First the red eyes and the darkness, then the Angel and now? She didn’t even have the right words to describe it.

Unable to take action Samantha had to watch what she was doing or whoever she had become. She thought about the incident that changed it all and asked herself if this was really happening but the voice in her head earlier told her this wasn't a dream.

"Stop thinking about it Sam, it happened just the way you remembered. There is nothing wrong with you or me.", Violet walked back to the mirror and smiled mischieviously at herself. "Perfect 10 is what you see, Sam. The world is ours to roam and that is exactly what I'm going to do."

Samantha saw her reflection and instead of struggling against it she started to relax. What the woman was saying was right. She looked at the most beautiful woman in the world and it was her in some strange sort of way. She realised it was futile to fight against it so she might aswell enjoy it. Once she accepted that she felt another change in her perception. Everything felt more real to her, as if relinquishing control gave her more freedom. She actually felt and experienced what she was doing, almost as if she was in control.

"Much better Sam, now you're going to enjoy this like I promised. We're going to conquer the world.", said Violet giving a wink at her reflection in the mirror. Then she dressed herself showing off her curves and left the apartment with a huge grin on her face.

Violet left the building and took direction towards the next shopping area. She needed to do some “upgrades” to Samantha’s wardrobe, especially in the lingerie section. As she hailed for the next cab she almost caused a major accident as five cabs simultaneously tried to get to her ignoring traffic completely. Violet had to laugh at the situation and simply took the first cab that actually made it to her. The driver had already opened the door from inside and stared at her with his mouth agape unable to say anything. She giggled as she made herself comfortable in the backseat adjusting her top a little which was way to tight and snug for her.

“Madison Square Garden”, she said raising an eyebrow at the driver. The man kept staring at her still unable to formulate any coherent thought. Violet giggled again but got a little impatient. She really wanted to get there so she repeated her request, this time reaching directly out at the driver’s mind. In his head he heard her voice again – Madison Square Garden – and I don’t have the whole day.

The driver nodded and slowly turned his head around, his eyes trying to stay as long as possible focused on her face.

“Good boy.”

Samantha wasn’t prepared for the effect she would have on the people around her. What would happen once they reached Madison Square Garden? Violet could easily cause a riot…

The cab made it’s way through the traffic getting closer to Madison Square Garden from the east side. Spotting the biggest Macy’s store Violet has ever seen she immediately commanded the driver to pull over to the side. ”I’m getting out here, thanks for the ride.”, and with that she just jumped out of the cab and entered the store leaving the driver behind staring at her mesmerized by the swaying of her hips.

Once Violet was in the store his mind slowly started processing the flow of time again. He looked at his taximeter wondering if he had turned it on or not? Did that woman Goddess pay him? Even if not, did it matter? He just drove the most beautiful woman he has ever seen and that left him with a smile on his face for the rest of his shift.

Violet checked out the site map of the store making a plan which floors to visit first. Lingerie… Dresses and last but not least, Shoes! In the meantime both men and women were standing around simply awestruck by her appearance. Just before Violet tried to find the closest elevator to her position a man approached her and smiled nervously. He was wearing a Macy’s uniform and his nametag read Steven Manetakis. “Excuse me Miss…”, the man was obviously struggling for words. Violet smiled at him and flashing her perfect white teeth. ”Oh, you want to show me around, that’s so nice from you Mr. Manetakis… or may I call you Steven? Can you take me to the General Manager?”, she blinked at him and he got lost in her deep radiant violet eyes. “Of…o…of Cco Course, Ma’am. Ah… this way p…please.”

Violet’s day was going splendid. The General Manager offered her a sponsoring as a model for Macy’s giving her a card blanche to take anything she wanted from the store as long as they were aloud to take pictures of her wearing what she picked. Violet turned down the offer for exclusivity because she needed to keep her options open but this was a good start from her vantage. It took her the whole day and in the end she had so many bags full of new dresses, lingerie, shoes… virtually everything that they needed to call in an extra transportation to deliver it to her address. The General Manager seemed to be pleased with this however even if she had taken thousand of dollars worth in articles. He had the first pictures ever made of her and those alone could earn him much more.

Violet took that as free advertisement and she was sure that soon offers would hail from everywhere over the country. Back in her apartment she realised that she had far more clothes than space to store them but that didn’t matter to her. She never felt better in her life before and this was just the beginning!

As she prepared herself for her ‘beauty’ sleep Violet looked at her reflection in the mirror again. ”I’m going to let you ‘take over’ again Sam, I need some rest. Sweet dreams my sweetheart.”, she gave herself a wink in the mirror and kissed it leaving a deep red ‘print’ of her lips on the mirror from her lipstick. Samantha felt how she regained control of her body and with it she virtually shrank back to her former size. She sighed as she looked at her reflection, gone was the most beautiful woman she has ever seen and back was her plain old self. The day was thrilling and she had never had so much fun in her life before, even it was not directly her own doing she felt how Violet used her powers and that was an experience like no other.

Now the exertion slowly crept into her limbs and she felt very tired. She was so tired that she didn’t even muster enough disappointment at how inadequate she felt in comparison to Violet. The rush of the day flowed out of her and after that extreme high the full impact of the absence of Violet’s vibrant and energetic personality made Samantha almost cry. She wanted to be her again, the sooner the better. Unable to formulate any coherent thought she closed her eyes and fell fast asleep in a matter of seconds.

Samantha opened her eyes, and though it took her a moment to realize where she was, she did. And she wished she were anywhere else. She was in Violet’s voluptuous body (and nothing else) on a bed in front of the green screen. Apparently everything after her blackout had all been a dream... she’d actually passed out on the floor and those goons had gotten a hold of her. To add insult to injury, from the way her body felt, they hadn’t been too gentle or discrete about it either, and they had probably already gotten more than a few pictures of her.

But then the glowing man showed up again, flying this time. He swooped down and plucked her off the bed, flying through the ceiling and walls, carrying her away from that place. His face looked different though. It wasn’t the calming, soothing face that she remembered from her ‘dream’, it was different... and his eyes stayed just about everywhere except her face. She didn’t like this, not one bit, and she started squirming under his gaze, trying to hide herself from his piercing eyes.

Then she was falling. Apparently she had squirmed herself right out from his grasp as he was flying through the air, and she was falling, falling, falling. With a bump she landed, safely, on the grass of Central Park. Out of the frying pan and into the fire. She was still in Violet’s body (and nothing else), and everybody seemed to notice. There wasn’t a man, woman or teen that she saw that didn’t look back at her with a lecherous glare. They all slowly approached her, the entire city surrounded her, and they only had one thing on their mind. Closer and closer they got, there was no escaping... she was trapped... she was...

Sam, SAM wake up... Something isn’t right here...

Samantha woke from her nightmare with a start, cold sweat drenching her body, which was exactly the same as it was when she went to sleep. It was still dark outside, though it appeared to be getting a little brighter, probably close to morning. Then she saw the flash of light and heard the thunder. Apparently sometime during the night it had started to storm.

The echoes of Violet’s urgent voice still rang in Samantha’s ears as more lighting flashed across the sky. And with the added light, she could tell exactly what was wrong; someone was there. From the appearance, it seemed to be a tall and lanky man from an old detective movie, complete with the brown trench coat and fedora pushed back on his head. He looked at Samantha with knowing eyes as he slowly shook his head. He made no other moves, except to shake his head, and his voice was casual, even while letting her know that he knew what he was talking about. “Well, well, well. Quite a nightmare for someone who’s been chosen...”

"Who are you? What are you doing here? Get out of my apartment or I call the police!”, Samantha took a few steps in general direction of her phone. Dear god, please… not again… not again. Samantha watched the man closely and every step he made she mirrored by stepping backwards. She felt her heart race as fear flooded her veins with adrenaline. Violet? I could really need your help right now. Are you there? Violet??

But there was no response. All Samantha felt was a faint presence but it was too weak to take action. “What do you want from me?”, Samantha barked at the stranger in desperation. Why is this happening to me?

Sam, Violet’s voice sounded distant and weak, as if she were shouting from the bottom of a well. I don’t know what’s going on, but I can’t help you... something or someone’s keeping me suppressed. And Samantha knew exactly who that somebody was.

The only move that ‘somebody’ made was to motion his hands in the universal ‘calm down’ gesture. His tone was the same, still level and calm. “Now, now, for a chosen one you sure are skittish. Remember, not to long ago there was a glowing figure that showed up and said something along the lines of ‘Fear not, you have been chosen’? Well, I’m sure that you have lots of questions, and I know that you’ve noticed some special ‘abilities’. I’m here to help you. Now, are you going to settle down and listen, or are we going to have to do this a different way?”

"You mean, you're not going to hurt me?", asked Samantha her voice now much calmer but also very timid. She was scared and confused and it showed.

"I remember but I'm not sure if that really happened. What is going on? Who are you?"

Please don't hurt me. Samantha held tears back but was close to breaking.

The man sighed a little at Samantha’s reply; it was half exasperation and half getting ready to go. He shook his head as he started, his tone slightly softer. “No, I’m not going to hurt you, and I can promise you that if you come with us, no one will. No tests, no experiments, no black van abductions.” He pauses for a moment, switching gears. “Samantha, Violet, my name is Null and I’m a representative from an organization called Nemesis. We are a group of people, all of whom have been chosen and all of us have special abilities. We were founded to help people like us learn to use and control our abilities and to give us something constructive to use them for.”

Null finished what was apparently the ‘standard schpeel’, and just waited for the information to sink in and any questions to bubble up. All ‘n all he seemed very patient and less threatening as time passed.

Samantha furrowed her brows but was relieved that the man’s intention was not to hurt or abuse her. Yet something about him didn’t add up. “So… you say you’re like me? A chosen one? Why are you suppressing her then? If you’re trustable you shouldn’t need to take such measures. Release her and then we talk.”

Samantha knew she had nothing to fight this stranger and her request was more than bold but she didn’t like the idea that a part of her was held captive.

The man shook his head slightly and pushed his fedora further back on his head. His voice was becoming a little more exasperated with each round of questions/requests. He looked back at Samantha, his tone earnest even though he didn’t give any ground. ”Look Samantha, you have a very... appealing set of powers, and with them on, even if someone didn’t think they were appealing you could convince them with ease. See, that’s why I was chosen to come here specifically. I was chosen to wield a power that, basically, turns off other people’s powers around me. So you see, I’m not suppressing Violet, I’ve just turned off your powers while I’m around you.”

He shifted his weight, finding a more comfortable position in her corner; apparently he was going to be here a while. He also switched tones again, more ‘professor’ this time. ”You see, you went through a particularly traumatic before you were chosen and became steward of your abilities. Because of this trauma, not just your abilities, you mind fragmented in order to protect itself. Thus, Violet was born.

You see, we didn’t know whether Violet was strictly part of the manifestation of your abilities or whether she was partially or all due to a genuine fracturing of your mind. If she were gone completely right now, then that would mean that she was just some part of the manifestation of your abilities in your mind. Since she’s still there, there must be some actual, psychological separation in your mind. And lastly, since she seems to be ‘suppressed’ as you put it, it means that she’s not entirely psychological, but at least partially a manifestation of your abilities.” After this dissertation, Null took a deep breath before continuing.

”All of that to tell you this, I can’t. At least, I can’t ‘release her’ without stopping the suppression of the rest of your abilities; which is something that I’m not going to do right now you see. If I understood correctly, then you can still hear her somewhat, that should be enough for you two to talk about this and come to some sort of agreement, but let me tell you two things. The first is that you don’t have to decide right now. It’s our standard policy to give you at least a full day to think things over. Secondly, I promised you that if you came with us that no one would hurt you, remember. Well, I can also promise you the opposite. There are those who have been chosen who don’t want to steward their abilities, who don’t want to take a side in the struggle that we’ve all been thrust into. They try and ride the fence. And they don’t take kindly to others who could threaten their power. You made quite a stir yesterday, and the aftermath of your being chosen even made the news. You see, I wasn’t kidding about the black vans and experiments...” Null shrugged his shoulders and changed from the heavy tone that he had gotten to, to a very light and cheery one. ”The choice is yours though, completely up to you.”

After he finished, he gently reached behind himself and pulled his hand back around. Samantha was able to catch a golden glint off of a round object that Null had in his hands. Then, as one flipping a coin, Null flicked the object towards her, his voice being almost completely drowned out by the pure, sweet ring of the coin. ”Here, catch. It’s our calling card.”

Samantha caught the coin and looked at it briefly. Null’s overall explanation intimidated her enough and she just nodded at him. “I’m sorry… I’m just scared. I guess I have no other choice, do I? Let me put something on before we leave.”

Samantha waited for Null to turn around and give her some privacy so she could get into something more suitable than her PJs. And how am I supposed to tell the good guys from the bad guys? Without you I’m pretty much useless Violet.

Don’t worry about it, Sam. I’ll protect you. We can still decide later on. For now we have to play along, Violet’s voice sounded very faint and strained. She was really exerting herself just to have contact with Sam. Still Violet’s words gave Sam enough comfort and confidence to see this through. She would protect her if the going gets tough. She would always protect her.

Null nodded at Samantha’s response. ”I can understand you being scared and confused. That’s why we give people a day to think things over and consider everything we’ve said. And, actually, you do have a choice; several of them in fact. You can choose to believe me or not, you can choose to come with me or not, you even have the choice to come with me now or later... you have lots of choices.” Null shrugs. ”It’s just that most of them don’t have very pleasant outcomes. But so is life.” He turned and opened the door to the living room, stepping half way through. ”If you still want to come with me, this fine morning, I’ll be waiting out here for you; just don’t take all night.”

Null waited for the affirmative, then nodded and closed the door behind him. Samantha was getting ready to get ready when she could palpably feel the suppression of her powers lift. Either he was gone or he had gotten far enough away that she wasn’t in his ‘aura’ anymore.

Samantha was very tempted to let Violet just take over and she actually felt how Violet’s presence got stronger and more demanding. Violet too, wanted to be released and take control of the situation but what would happen once she was within Null’s aura again? Would she be able to withstand it? Unsure about her options Samantha continued getting dressed and sighed at her reflection in the mirror. “Looks like I have to do this alone for now. I feel better if you are in control too, Violet but what am I supposed to do?”

You’re right, Sam. You have to pull this through for now but I’m always here, don’t forget that and if something goes wrong I’ll find a way to break free.

Nodding at herself Samantha sighed and took her bag, then she headed for the door. “Ready when you are.”, she said, trying to sound cheerful and wipe away her fear.

Null was standing on the far corner of the living room, and as soon as she left her room she could feel herself entering his ‘field’ again. At the sound of her door opening, Null turned around, and Samantha noticed that he was holding another gold coin between his thumb and fingers, rubbing it lightly, almost absentmindedly. When he saw her he tucked the coin away in his pocket and walked over to the front door, motioning for her to follow.

”Beyond this door is your new life; after you.” Just before she opened the door, she felt her powers flooding back. And once Samantha opened her front door, instead of being greeted with the familiar hallway that was supposed to be there, there was a medium sized, brightly lit, round, metal room.

Well, it’s now or never...

Samantha and Violet stepped through the door into a brave new world...

Archived