Aberrant: Stargate Universe - Table Talk - General OOC Thread.

Mr Fox

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure how the gate thingie works... but Jaunt was completely to the end of the hall and around the corner. No one came and got him after I had him collapse as far as I can tell.

Several others were rounded up but I didn't see anything about Jaunt, or 'the kid', or 'the boy' approached and gathered with everyone else. With Sky paying such absolute close attention to everyone's posts to make sure people are playing by the rules and actions are properly declared I just wanted to see if maybe I missed the part where someone collected him and drug him to wherever or whatnot.

Guess he blew up with the building. frown

I was Lt. Dana Eckhart...an awesome character and definitely a clever concept...however, it turned out to be too flashy and over the top for Fox's intentions in this game. I have some things I want to get off my chest as it were (nothing bad) but I am going to make a detailed post in a seperate section.

I would like to ask the group however. It has never been my style to post up concepts..I just sort of get the idea and run with it. However I have found that that actually doesn't work so well in practice. So given Jaunt's comment above, would there be an interest in me posting up my concept? And if so how much detail? How much should I save for IC revelation? Or maybe nonone cares.

Up to the group...

Oneca makes a valid point. And that's honestly why my mind spun around like it did when I was reading your posts.

She woke up a combat monster with near mastery of her abilities and not so much a second thought to anything but the power. Its a low power game, and here you are breaking out Disintegrate and Forcefield (okay, FF is a weak argument, I think other people have it too).

Honestly dude, I personally don't care what you play. Q6 with all the above? Cool, if Fox is aight with it so am I, don't have to like it, but he's the boss. I just kinda think (and I could be wrong) that you don't take the game into consideration, or it's players; just yourself.

Take a moment to consider how your PC will be useful to the group, not just how damage you can deal out or how high of a soak you can achieve. A PC who never takes damage is a boring one.

If you wanna go over concepts... what Oneca said.

Thank You Jaunt.

The concept for the character was a being of pure instinct. Later on she would have rediscovered her humanity with all of the accompanying questions.

I wasn't so much asking about discusing concepts...the idea is already solid and almost fleshed out and Fox has given it an enthusiastic seal of approval. I was more wondering if you guys want to know what I am planning to do beforehand or if you would rather I save it for IC revelation.

I just want to point out, seperate from the current discussion, that a character that doesn't take damage doesn't have to be boring. I don't know how many times that I've heard that line here on the boards, but it just isn't true. Depending on the build and how you play it, it can be a very fun build to play. (it was actually my very first abby character concept, and very fun to play)

That off my chest, I'll just say that I have no opinion one way or the other on the current topic; it doesn't greatly effect me.

Yeah...I have always been fond of bricks and love playing the guy/girl that can just walk in and be in the thick of things. I will post more on this as i said seperately (when I get the time later), but the feedback that I was getting was more like my specific choices were hindering *other* people's enjoyment of the game (or that they feared that it might further down the line). All shall be addressed.

Discussion over. Move along. smile Lets keep this thread on topic thanks.

If you guys really want to discuss and hash out what is or is not fun to play or if a persons character meets the expectations of others, please take it to the general discussion threads.

Originally Posted By: Katalyst
Luchian,

Quick note about your rolls. It seems like you keep adding them up. It's not a total your looking for, you looking for how many of the dice come up 7 or higher. Sorta like this..

1d10=5, 1d10=4, 1d10=6, 1d10=3, 1d10=3, 1d10=5

I found out just recently following clever option when you want to roll dice and count hits vs. a target number. The code for it is as follows (asuming you roll dice on Invisible Castle)

7d10.hits(7)

This way the roller counts all dice that hit 7 or higher. There is even another option that lets you reroll all 10s again in the same roll.

This service announcement is for free.

Now carry on - enjoy your game.

I know. Although, I thought it was 6+ like the regular ST system. Didn't realize it was 7 or better. I'm not "adding them up". When I say "X number sux" I'm actually taking into account the individual dice numbers. The sum total post link is just the way IC does one of its posts. I don't know enough about the dice roller to make it look prettier. That's why I was making a text note about each roll.

PS- Thank you Violet. I'll just use that little trick from now on and post a prettier link.

Originally Posted By: Stargaizer
I just want to point out, seperate from the current discussion, that a character that doesn't take damage doesn't have to be boring. I don't know how many times that I've heard that line here on the boards, but it just isn't true. Depending on the build and how you play it, it can be a very fun build to play. (it was actually my very first abby character concept, and very fun to play)

That off my chest, I'll just say that I have no opinion one way or the other on the current topic; it doesn't greatly effect me.

Taylor took damage. He's not supposed to. He's not built for it. Any of the SGC people could obliterate him in a single turn probably. But I still think he'll be a fun character. He might have a short lifespan though.

I have to say, kudos to Whitearrow for making Walker sound so realistic in his POV. I'm loving the covert sneers at the Air Force, because it totally fits what I know of the various opinions held by the different branches of the military.

yeah, it's really only been a couple minutes of relative time. You will wake up in the debriefing room.

If you guys would like you can post your debriefing. Use Carter, Jackson, Teal'c or O'neil as your NPC doing your interview. They will speak with each of you separately and offer you positions with the SGC based on what you took in rank or backing. If you have any questions about it check out Kyria and Omar's interviews, or speak with me in Chat. I'll be happy to go through it in IC chat if you would like.

Archived