Adventure! RPG: Dark Tidings - Chapter 3: Shadows of the Past

jameson (ST)

"Darkest Congo or so the story goes. Some believe that the expedition was set upon and devoured by cannibalistic ape men! Specifically I cannot tell you. It was said that the Russian never let another soul see his map and that he tore it into sections and locked each in a separate box to keep any from knowing where they were headed beyond the current leg of the journey." Fazil leaned even closer, his breath reeked of tobacco and worse, "The guide killed himself ... he chewed into his own wrists until he bled out. As he died he begged the darkness to take him."

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Oh, she understands," Marion says as she reaches out to slide the Grimoire back to herself. "As do I. The path we walk isn't the easy one, or the safe one...maybe not even the sane one."

"But the cost of turning back now far exceeds the cost of continuing forward, if you can believe that."

She smiles.

"The deal's done then. Our thanks, and I hope what you found is of use to you."

"Alright then, time to go. Still no one out here and we are losing the sun. Congo is it? Never been there, but how much worse can it smell than than this."

"As for madness, I've seen my fair share and if the alternative is a world plunged Darkness, what are we waiting for."

Looking to Marion,

"My men used to ask me why we had to do something suicidally dangerous and I would always tell them because we are the one's here. It really is that simple."

Archived